Pilot Scoop: Tyler Labine Is Super Clyde's Big Bro

tyler labineFred and George Weasley, meet your competition.

Animal Practice alum Tyler Labine has been cast as Rupert Grint’s older brother in the CBS comedy pilot Super Clyde, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get All the Scoop on This Season’s Possible Newcomers

The single-camera project from Raising Hopewriter/EP Greg Garcia follows a meek fast food worker (Harry Potter grad Grint) who decides to become a super hero.

Clyde is one of a pair of pilots Garcia has with the Eye Network; the other is an untitled multi-cam about a recently divorced man living with his parents.

Labine played lovelorn vet Doug Jackson in NBC’s cancelled Animal Practice; he’s also had roles on Reaper, Boston Legal and Invasion

1. Eric says:

Awesome! I love Ty Labine. Hopefully he has better luck with this show than he did with Reaper, Sons of Tucson, Mad Love, Animal Practice…

2. arcticpanda says:

Show killer… I actually won’t mind since the concept of the show is kind of meh to me and if opens Grint up then so be it.

3. Jimmy says:

So I guess this means Grint will be sporting an American accent because I can’t see Labine pulling off a passable British accent.

4. nas says:

I am so curious to see Grint in this. I hope it makes it on air. He’s so naturally talented. I assume Grint will be using an American accent?

5. sarah birkin says:

Please for all that is holy in this world……please let rupert have a BRITSH accent! Because #britishbebritishyo :/ looooveee tyler though :)))

6. Babybop says:

Yes! I love him. Glad to see him getting shows. Hopefully this one will stick around.

7. Mark says:

Wow, as if Rupert wasn’t awesome casting enough, I love Tyler Labine. He was so great in Reaper and I was one of the only loyal viewer of Sons of Tuscon (in which I really liked him in that too). So this is great news!

• Mel says:

No Mark, there were two of us watching Sons of Tucson. :) I think Tyler can be pigeon holed into a particular character. Hopefully the writers will write him a little differently, but NOT to the extent that he loses his charming, ner-do-well demeanor. I am also very interested to see how well Rupert Grint has grown in acting ability as I always considered him to be the weakest link in the HP threesome.

8. Kissane says:

I know this is a tv site and all but I totally went “Dale!” when I saw the pic :D

9. Drewer says:

Oh, Tyler Labine’s been cast in something, that means it really, truly is pilot season. And Ryan Hanson’s been cast in something, now we just have to wait for Joanna Garcia to land in an ensemble comedy, Andrea Anders to be in something (I can so see her as the female lead in Spy), and we’ll know which pilots aren’t going to see a second season. Except I really hope I’m wrong because Labine is so great, and I really would love to see him in Grint, and I want Ryan Hanson on my TV screen weekly.

• Kiki says:

Andrea Anders does have something. I think it’s called Divorce: A Love Story. Over at ABC. Who she obviously still has snowed.

10. If anyone’s going to play Robert Kirkman, it’s going to be this guy.

11. Boone says:

Good choice!
    That guy was amazing on Invasion, Reaper and Tucker & Dale.

12. kirads09 says:

I loved Ty in Invasion (shortlived on ABC a long time back) and Reaper. Hope this is successful for him. Just would like him to play perhaps a different type of character – he always seems to still be playing a version of “Sock”.

13. Jared says:

unfortunately I dont see this show ever getting picked up to series.

14. Mel says:

Debbie downer!

15. Kristina says:

Sounds fun! Not sure what its chances are but I’d definitely watch it.