Pilot Scoop: Tyler Labine Is Super Clyde's Big Bro

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

tyler labineFred and George Weasley, meet your competition.

Animal Practice alum Tyler Labine has been cast as Rupert Grint’s older brother in the CBS comedy pilot Super Clyde, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get All the Scoop on This Season’s Possible Newcomers

The single-camera project from Raising Hopewriter/EP Greg Garcia follows a meek fast food worker (Harry Potter grad Grint) who decides to become a super hero.

Clyde is one of a pair of pilots Garcia has with the Eye Network; the other is an untitled multi-cam about a recently divorced man living with his parents.

Labine played lovelorn vet Doug Jackson in NBC’s cancelled Animal Practice; he’s also had roles on Reaper, Boston Legal and Invasion

Comments (17)

• Awesome! I love Ty Labine. Hopefully he has better luck with this show than he did with Reaper, Sons of Tucson, Mad Love, Animal Practice…

Comment by Eric – February 22, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show killer… I actually won’t mind since the concept of the show is kind of meh to me and if opens Grint up then so be it.

Comment by arcticpanda – February 22, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I guess this means Grint will be sporting an American accent because I can’t see Labine pulling off a passable British accent.

Comment by Jimmy – February 22, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so curious to see Grint in this. I hope it makes it on air. He’s so naturally talented. I assume Grint will be using an American accent?

Comment by nas – February 22, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please for all that is holy in this world……please let rupert have a BRITSH accent! Because #britishbebritishyo :/ looooveee tyler though :)))

Comment by sarah birkin – February 22, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I love him. Glad to see him getting shows. Hopefully this one will stick around.

Comment by Babybop – February 22, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, as if Rupert wasn’t awesome casting enough, I love Tyler Labine. He was so great in Reaper and I was one of the only loyal viewer of Sons of Tuscon (in which I really liked him in that too). So this is great news!

Comment by Mark – February 22, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Mark, there were two of us watching Sons of Tucson. :) I think Tyler can be pigeon holed into a particular character. Hopefully the writers will write him a little differently, but NOT to the extent that he loses his charming, ner-do-well demeanor. I am also very interested to see how well Rupert Grint has grown in acting ability as I always considered him to be the weakest link in the HP threesome.

Comment by Mel – February 23, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is a tv site and all but I totally went “Dale!” when I saw the pic :D

Comment by Kissane – February 22, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Tyler Labine’s been cast in something, that means it really, truly is pilot season. And Ryan Hanson’s been cast in something, now we just have to wait for Joanna Garcia to land in an ensemble comedy, Andrea Anders to be in something (I can so see her as the female lead in Spy), and we’ll know which pilots aren’t going to see a second season. Except I really hope I’m wrong because Labine is so great, and I really would love to see him in Grint, and I want Ryan Hanson on my TV screen weekly.

Comment by Drewer – February 22, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Andrea Anders does have something. I think it’s called Divorce: A Love Story. Over at ABC. Who she obviously still has snowed.

Comment by Kiki – February 23, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anyone’s going to play Robert Kirkman, it’s going to be this guy.

Comment by Potato strong – February 23, 2013 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good choice!
    That guy was amazing on Invasion, Reaper and Tucker & Dale.

Comment by Boone – February 23, 2013 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Ty in Invasion (shortlived on ABC a long time back) and Reaper. Hope this is successful for him. Just would like him to play perhaps a different type of character – he always seems to still be playing a version of “Sock”.

Comment by kirads09 – February 23, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • unfortunately I dont see this show ever getting picked up to series.

Comment by Jared – February 23, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Debbie downer!

Comment by Mel – February 23, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds fun! Not sure what its chances are but I’d definitely watch it.

Comment by Kristina – February 23, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post