Jane Lynch to Host NBC's Hollywood Game Night

2010 MTV Video Music Awards - ArrivalsNBC is playing games with Glee‘s Jane Lynch, signing the Emmy winner to host Hollywood Game Night.

The new 8-episode reality series, from actor/producer Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner (Grimm, Hot in Cleveland), features A-list celebrities hanging out and playing games with fun-loving non-celebrity contestants in a “cocktail party atmosphere.”

PHOTOS | 25 Shows TVLine Readers Want Remade or Revived Now

“With Jane Lynch on board as our host, we now have a key component in place that will further enliven the sheer fun of a raucous Hollywood party that will include real everyday people,” said NBC’s reality boss, Paul Telegdy. “Her exuberant wit and ability to think quickly will be the perfect match for our show which will give viewers a fresh look inside the off-set lives of their favorite celebrities — and allow them a chance to win money as well.”

NBC’s announcement made no mention of a premiere date or time slot for Game Night, but a source says it will likely bow in late summer.

1. Mike says:

No way they’ll get A-List celebrities. Typical DWTS/random FOX reailty show level with some notable NBC stars.

2. Boiler says:

Are they kidding???

3. So… basically they are stealing the idea of TableTop on Geek and Sundry hosted by the lovely Will Wheaton? I had heard something about this but didn’t believe it. This fails on so many levels.

4. Alienate says:

This is why NBC is batting FIFTH in the ratings… UGH!

5. sha100 says:

This could be fun to see!

6. Katie says:

So lets address the elephant in the room…how is this going to affect her character on Glee?

• hmm says:

probably not at all. she could basically shoot the 8 episode order in a weekend. this reality stuff produces notoriously fast.

7. Luis says:

Maybe she will have more to do here than she has had this season on Glee!

8. wmjindsm says:

It’s a freakin’ 8 episode summer series. Get a grip people. Can run with AGT or Sunday Night programming. Would be fun to see.

9. dryedmangoez says:

That’s great. As long as she’s her normal self and doesn’t bring Sue Sylvester over.

10. mia says:

I’d love to play board games and drink wine with celebrities lol.

11. Abe Froman says:

I would love to know which “A-list” celebrities are willing to appear on a cheesy game show.

12. Nathan says:

You lost me at “win some money.” You want to play cards or whatever on television for money, that’s your prerogative, but I don’t care if it’s an “every penny goes to charity” type of deal, you play board games for bragging rights. That (along with the fact that a bunch of random celebrities will have nowhere near the natural interaction that Wil Wheaton’s group of friends does) is why this will be inferior to Tabletop in all forms.

13. TV Gord says:

This kind of reminds me of when they tried to resurrect Hollywood Squares with all of the A-lIst celebrities of the day (Arnold, Sly, Bruce Willis, Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg), but by the time the show reached the air, it was Whoopi and all of the usual D-list suspects. Oh well, it’s good to see Jane trying to find a springboard out of the ever-dwindling Glee. Hopefully next time she aims higher.

14. courtland says:

NBC – got tired of stealing british tv ideas, so lets steal a youtubes show idea…and as we usually do, lets make it an awful ripoff .

—-
    I’ll keep watching table top thank you…speaking of table top…what’s folks fav eps? I loved flux, munchkin and ticket to ride

15. ?!?!?! says:

I would love to know who these “A-list celebrities” are. For some reason, I don’t see Meryl Streep or Oprah, or George Clooney taking part in this. Oh NBC, give it up. You guys don’t know how to run a network. You treat your gems like crap and your crap like gems. NBC is where shows go to die (unfortunately for “Community”…..)

16. kirads09 says:

Sorry, but this type of programming isn’t going to help move NBC out of that #5 broadcast network spot.

17. Natalie says:

Ha A-list my behind. You’re being overly generous. A list is Brad Pitt, A list is Oscsr nominee, those people aren’t showing up to play checkers with strangers on NBC. Anyone heard any DWTS casting rumors?? Is this the first season with no leaks?

18. Looks an awful lot like ITV’s venerable Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. The UK… show features frothy comedy, music and games… fresh as a prune in the summer sun…

19. Xtina says:

I wish everyone would stop bagging on this program and give it a chance. I’m slated to be one of the contestants, and I am *psyched.* Considering this is an NBC-based program, I’m guessing that a lot of the celebrities will be NBC alumni in some way. Tina Fey? Amy Poehler? Alec Baldwin? Steve Martin? They’re all A-list in my book, and I look forward to having a great time on the show.