Happy Endings Exclusive: Jane and Alex's MIA Sister Will Be Played By…

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Stephanie March Happy Endings Season 3Little-known fact: A third Kerkovich sister has been floating around in the universe, and Happy Endings fans are about to lay eyes on her.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Law & Order: SVU‘s Stephanie March has been cast as Alex (Elisha Cuthbert) and Jane’s (Eliza Coupe) never-before-seen older sister, tentatively named Brooke.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Axed? What’s Coming Back?

I’m told March’s arrival will shift the Kerkovich family dynamics in a major way, mostly because Brooke can out-Jane Jane.

The gig marks a rare small-screen comedy detour for March, who is mostly known for her dramatic roles. (As several TVLine readers pointed out below, she appeared in the first season of 30 Rock as a “love interest” for Liz.)

Happy Endings, which is currently on an unplanned hiatus, relocates to Fridays beginning March 29.

March’s episode will likely air in late April/early May.

Comments (24)

• Nice!!!Hope ABC will save HE, it’s my favorite comedy show!

Comment by Dave – February 22, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed! I know its probably rooting for a sinking ship at this point but this hiatus has definitely proven how much i’ll miss it

Comment by jenna – February 22, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto. My FAV comedy is Happy Endings. I feel like if they made episodes available on Netflix more people would watch. I know that’s how I got hooked on parks and rec and SOA

Comment by Rebecca – February 22, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. It’s so funny. I really hope it survives!

Comment by Spencer – February 22, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this might be her second high-profile comedic role. She also played a lesbian Jack set up Liz with on 30 Rock. Looking forward to this!

Comment by JTP – February 22, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First stab at small screen comedy? Wrong. She was Jack’s friend “Thomas” who he set Liz up on a date with in the first season of 30 Rock.

Comment by M – February 22, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She did an episode of 30 Rock too in the first season, where Jack set Liz up with a woman. She was Gayle to Liz’s Oprah.

Comment by Jake – February 22, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is probably the best piece of casting news I’ve seen in MONTHS! Love Stephanie March, love HE, can’t wait to see how this goes.

Comment by Ella B. – February 22, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting. I hope HE doesn’t get cancelled. Hopefully Fridays will work better for them in terms of ratings.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love but they won’t and it will.

Comment by dude – February 22, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • michael, you couldn’t take 5 seconds to imdb her?

Comment by Rocky – February 22, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, EXCELLENT casting. I’m a once-in-a-while viewer of Happy Endings, but I’ll be watching this episode!

Comment by Alia – February 22, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha! I remember her from 30 Rock. This is exciting news. I hope ABC renews Happy Endings. I just need it to have at least enough episodes for syndication! This show is hilarious and amazing! I wish more people knew about it.

Comment by rachelle – February 22, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean AH-MAH-ZING,lol!

Comment by brutony – February 22, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAVE HAPPY ENDINGS, I really hope it gets renewed or maybe goes to tbs

Comment by Juan – February 22, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks perfect, I could easily believe she is a Kerkovich.

Comment by Mike – February 22, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! And I am an avid HE viewer and somehow totally missed Jane being a middle child!? That means this family dynamic is going to be even more dynamite! I really hope Friday’s doesn’t completely kill this show, it was such disappointing news, but I’m always wishing the cast the best, it’s such a good show.

Comment by schu – February 22, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to hear them butcher the Serbian language again

Comment by Julia – February 22, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Their horrible Serbian accents are hilarious. Especially Alex’s, haha.

Comment by Spencer – February 22, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jaw dropped. Did not even know they had an older sister if it was ever mentioned.

Comment by Kalee – February 22, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm… Jane seemed like the typical stereotype “oldest child” nothing like a “middle child”. I miss my HE! I can’t wait for it to come back. This is the only TV show I make time to watch. I’m not sure if moving to Friday will be a good thing though.

Comment by Jen – February 25, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also never saw someone like Jane as going through a ska punk phase either, but the show is so funny that I can let my continuity guard down.

Comment by Mikael – February 26, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING! I hope Happy Endings gets saved, I love it.

Comment by Ella – February 26, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post