Vampire Diaries Recap: Going Down in Flames

Stand by MeElena returned to Mystic Falls on Thursday’s Vampire Diaries holding on to one last bit of hope in the wake of Jeremy’s fatal neck-snapping by Silas.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Finds a New Witch

Much like viewers, E’s having trouble dealing with the shocking and unexpected turn of events. But she’s not giving up on the idea that the Gilbert ring will save her little bro. His tattoo is gone, so maybe he’s no longer a supernatural hunter, she reasons. However, the truth of her new situation soon sinks in. She’s lost her last remaining family member. All alone now, she takes a match and burns down her house with Jeremy in it.

Did we mention that Elena does this after Damon, via sire bond, tells her to turn off her humanity to make the pain stop? Are we about to finally see the true vampire side of the lone Gilbert?!

Let’s review the episode’s biggest shockers:

ELENA ON THE EDGE | Everyone’s in a panic when Elena refuses to accept that Jeremy is gone for good. The body is starting to – gulp – decompose and smell, but she just sits by Jer’s side, waiting for him to wake up. Reinforcements are called in. First, Dr. Fell arrives and scientifically spouts off what’s going to happen if Elena doesn’t release the remains to her. Then Matt walks in and, upon seeing his dead friend, begins to tear up. But Elena remains convinced that there’s a magical way to bring back Jeremy. They just need Damon to find Bonnie back on the island.

BONNIE DRINKS THE KOOL-AID | Yes, the witch has survived physically, but her sanity… well, that’s another issue altogether. Shane spills the beans that Jeremy’s dead and uses that as a way to convince Bonnie to bring back the dead. Silas can’t practice magic anymore, so that’s why the professor has been teaching Bonnie expression. To tap into that magic, there needs to be a third massacre of 12 people so Bonnie can feed off to the power and drop the veil to the other side, which would also bring back all the monsters that have died. Grief-stricken, she tells Shane she’ll do whatever it takes. After Damon finds her – “I could actually hug you right now,” he says upon seeing her, and then actually does embrace her! – they head home, where Bonnie unveils her crazy plan to her friends. Not surprisingly, they have some issue with it, and Elena finally starts to realize there’s no hope for Jeremy. And hey, Shane’s in Mystic Falls, except it’s not really him because he’s still lying near death on the island! So this Silas fellow can take on the appearance of other people? Interesting… “We’ll do this together, you and I,” fake Shane tells her. “We are the beginning.”

STAGE 4: DEPRESSION | It’s a phone call for Jeremy from April that finally gets Elena to drop the d-word: “Jeremy can’t come to the phone right now. He’s not… I’m sorry. He’s dead.” She decides to burn down the house and Jeremy’s body as cover story for his death. “I don’t want to live here anymore,” she cries, throwing around objects that remind her of all the loved ones she’s lost. No need for that bourbon now that Alaric is gone, sniff sniff! “There’s nothing here for me anymore.” After she starts sobbing uncontrollably, Damon tells her to turn off her humanity, and Elena’s eyes go void of emotion. It’s the only way she won’t lose it now that she has no one, he reasons. “She lost her brother,” he says to Stefan. “I’m not enough. Not this time.” Even the younger Salvatore can’t argue too much with what Damon did when it’s the only thing keeping Elena in one piece. But she still goes through with her plan and torches her home, declaring that she’ll never want to go back there, even when this is all over.

PARTNERS IN CRIME | The hunter Vaughn reveals to Damon and Rebekah that Katherine was up to speed on the cure because she had someone on the inside – Hayley!

Vampire Diaries fans, are you mourning Jeremy? Who wrecked you the most: Elena or an unusually emotional Matt? And were you surprised by the identity of Katherine’s mole?

1. teambuckner says:

Absolutely insane episode. Please Bonnie, kill those 12 people and bring Jeremy (and Kol and Vicki and Lexie and Grams and Alaric and Jenna and everyone) back!

• Rachel says:

I don’t think that’s a good idea. EVERYONE will be back. Even the bad ones who we all wanted to die.

• alexa says:

Oh hell no!!! Everyone will come back if Bonnie drops the veil! Including an angry Kol, Klaus’ dad, Mason Lockwood, all the no doubt pissed hybrids that Klaus killed, Luka, Luka’s Dad, Todd Williams etc! That’s way too many supernaturals with a quest for vengeance!

• iMember says:

Plus, there’s no way the crew and casting on the show could actually manage to bring back every single one of those actors, haha.

• Rivera says:

I would have only be happy about this happening if Alaric was coming back but as Matt Davis will be pretty occupied with Cult, i doubt that would EVER happen!
          As far as Jeremy is concerned, he was my least favorite (regular) character on the show – so no hurry bringing him back!

• Dani says:

Maybe Bonnie could work up enough mojo just to bring back, say, the last 2 supernatural beings that died in the quest to bring back Silas (i.e. Jeremy & Kol ) :)

• gloria says:

your an idiot for saying that little do you know. you dont know what the hell the show is capable of doing. so i guess we will have to see than, right!

• Kresh says:

Yes just by the look of the cast that has left the show and moved on to other new shows, they won’t get rid of the “other side” I don’t think that they even can afford the actors and actreses to come back to the show.. So bad move tvd writers, we understand simple tv creation ^^

2. Everything about this episode was perfect. Gut-wrenching, but perfect nonetheless. Julie Plec did an amazing job. Not to mention Nina Dobrev’s spectacular performance. Plus we got some much-needed Matt screen time, a husband-wife-team Paul Wesley & Torrey Devitto scene, Steroline, and a Stefan/Damon porch scene that warmed my heart. “Stand By Me” is my favorite episode of Season Four thus far.

• eileen says:

I, too, loved this episode! I had just about lost faith in this show, since it felt like it had lost all direction, but in this episode all the dominoes started to come crashing down, in my opinion. The death of Jeremy brought back some emotion to a show that has been pretty devoid of it for a while, to me at least. Finally the characters and myself are feeling something on this show again! Let’s keep it up, now!

3. Ashley says:

And I have no reason left to watch this show. Hopefully Steven books a pilot or a movie somewhere else that will properly utilize him.

• Sarah says:

Yep, me either. The writers have succesfully killed off all the characters/plots I was invested in and I won’t be watching anymore. I’m really frustrated since the start of the season felt promising enough.

• Faster says:

So you were only interested in subplots then, and have no interest in the main characters? Makes total sense.

• Paulena says:

Ha ha. Things need to happen for a show to have reason. It’s more real that he died. How are they going to bring him back? Unless this is all a dream. Which it’s not

• Tanya says:

Ditto – I could care less about Elena, Stephan or Damon at this point. Elena is now Katherine lite…same character, less age. Who cares. It’s easy to see where the plot is going (rewind). Supporting characters were developing nicely and viewers were becoming emotionally connected to them and then – they’re dead or discharged into who knows where (Tyler). I understand a storyline needs to develop and change but you can’t keep killing off character after character and expecting fans to invest their time (and emotional attachment) in your show.

4. Kevin says:

I’m still in shock. I can’t believe this. It was a good episode. I was crying for most of the last half. I think it was a big mistake to kill of Jeremy.

• iMember says:

Umm, how was it a big mistake? Jeremy has never been a huge important character until the hunter storyline. His death has lead to Elena shutting off her emotions which is a game changer by itself. This was not a mistake. It was a tragedy, but no mistake.

• Kevin says:

You have taken away on the piece of Elena that will keep her connected to her humanity as a vampire. I feel that they kill Jeremy off to soon and never really explored his character until they wanted us to feel grief and sorrow for his death. There was so much more potential for him as the hunter storyline.

• Gillian says:

ITA. With Jeremy alive, Elena would always fight for a cure/hold onto her humanity. Jeremy’s death is the only plot line that would allow Elena to go into full-fledged vampire mode. Many of us have wanted a kick butt Elena and this will be the event that triggers it. My guess is that Elena is going yo give Katharine a run for her soul-less money.

5. s says:

I’m going to miss Jeremy :( but overall it was still a great episode. The next episode looks like it will be even better with Elena being more fun lol… I just hope they don’t all hate on Damon cause they told him to use it so he did.

• Cathy O. says:

She’s going tone having more fun alright. She was standing there in front of Damon and Stefan with no clothes on. LOL! What’s with that? The next episode should be interesting to say the least.

6. Cathy O. says:

Prof Shane is a lunatic, I am not sure about him bringing anyone back but if so, in what form?

Also if Damon shut Elena’s humanity off, he will have to shut it back on and how will he do that if he ends up human?

Also I am willing to bet since her humanity has been turned off she will be in a relationship with both of them looking at the previews. And by the end of the season she will again be choosing between the two brothers. This is insane! I cannot believe how this is going.

7. Paulena says:

There’s total silence right now. I can’t believe Jeremy died. I actually cried a little. Wow I thought for sure that elena and Jeremy would focus on their relationship. Unreal. Well now hell ya turn it off and go. That was all she had left. But I like sweet elena. OMG I’m still I’m shock. What an episode.

8. Melinda says:

Elena is now another Katherine. I’m interested to see what she’s like with her humanity off.

• Cathy O. says:

I agree.

• smthkly says:

Wonder if they are going to have Elena act more like Katherine to please alot of commenters who have been complaining since the beginning of the season about how much Elena whines. I’m okay with a little more attitude but will not be thrilled if they have her start messing around with both Salvatores like Katherine.

• Cathy O. says:

I hope not, I really don’t see both Damon and Stefan going for that this time around.

• Faster says:

I don’t foresee her acting like Katherine at all. They are completely different characters. And with Katherine hanging around now, I definitely don’t think Elena and Katherine will share any characteristics other than the obvious.

9. Niki says:

Can’t believe Jeremy is dead! I’m so pissed off!!!

10. Cathy O. says:

So is Elena now living with Damon and Stefan?

11. Cathy O. says:

Wasn’t that Silas with Bonnie at her house?

12. Khathu says:

I am in shock!!! It is interesting that Bonnie was able to bring Jeremy back from the dead before, so I just assume she would do it again. It was a very sad episode.

13. C says:

This show has officially jumped the shark. There is no continuity, seems as if the writers make up new “rules” as they go. They have for sure lost a fan in me by killing Jeremy.

14. ollie says:

bad enough they killed jeremy but wtf with burning him and the house, even though in her grief its understandable( even before her humanity shut off). knew it wasnt shane with bonnie the whole time but was it silas or just a hallacnation? also excited to see elena sans humanity.

15. Lois says:

Losing both Jeremy and the Gilbert house was fitting but oh so painful. I really hope Silas doesn’t succeed, because it means every supernatural being can come back. It’ll be like when Vicki came through and started causing trouble x1million. And it’ll be interesting to see how non-humanity Elena is in comparison to Katherine. Also when Matt cries, I cry. Poor baby.

Anyway, another night sobbing to this show. Some things never change.

16. J says:

I was fine until Matt showed up in Jer’s room. The look on his face was all it took to make me lose it. Way to go Zach, Nina, Torrey & Paul.

• smthkly says:

Please Damon, give that magic ring to Matt. He is the only one that actually needs it, poor human.
      I figure there must be a reason that they had Elena take the ring off his finger and toss it to Damon before burning down the house.

• sls says:

Or is the ring going to become Damon’s when he turns human?..

• Cathy O. says:

But Damon already has his own ring if he turns human, so why would he need Jeremy’s ring? Is that a different type of ring?

• sls says:

It’s a different ring. Damon’s ring is a daylight ring so he can walk in the sun. He is supernatural so he wouldn’t normally need a ring like Jeremy’s. But if Damon turns human he will need Jer’s ring for sure.
            Also I’m guessing we will be seeing Jer in the next few episodes or longer while he (his ghost) haunts Silas since Silas killed a hunter.

• sls says:

But I’m starting to wonder if all these rumors about Damon becoming human might be just trying to mislead us. We see the ring and think about Damon turning human but maybe someone else will become human instead. I’m hoping its Damon though.

• sona says:

yeah, me too pal, me too

17. Sam says:

Not impressed they killed Jeremy for real. On the one hand, the kid has avoided death half a dozen times by now but IDK…it still think it was a mistake. I don’t think it was worth killing an important character (and hunter or no, Jeremy is important and has been from the start) just to have Elena turn off her humanity for a few episodes (because she’ll have it turned back on by season’s end, no doubt.)

I’m also not thrilled that they didn’t take time out to reunite Bonnie and Jeremy before he died. They were clearly crazy about each other and had been getting closer all season but he dies before they can get back together? Shame.

With Shane dead and Silas pulling her strings, I’m really interested to see where Bonnie’s storyline goes. With the kind of power she’s been wielding, she could wipe out half the town before someone talks her down. Can’t say I’d mind, either.

• Asashii Fustazi says:

i know we have already seen Nina play a bad person, as Katherine, we dont need another Katherine, and how many people have died and been slaughtered and all of a sudden, they are worried about Jeremy”s body, people dying and disappearing left and right and now all of a sudden,What do we do with Jeremy’s body, really, the show is becoming drivle for the simple minded Tween!!!

18. Ava says:

While Jeremy’s death is tragic and sad (I cried too) it’s a game-changer. Elena with no humanity moves the story forward for all of them. Matt! Loved that he showed Elena the Jeremy graffiti. Broke my heart to see Matt breakdown. Bonnie and Damon hugged! I don’t know why but that was an happy note in a very sad episode. Is Shane a doppelgänger of Silas? Looking forward to the no-humanity Elena and how that affects the Salvatores and a darker Bonnie!

• Cathy O. says:

Damon and Bonnie hugged because Damon was happy to see her. He wanted to get her back to Elena in hopes that Bonnie could revive Jeremy. So when Damon finally found Bonnie, he said to her that he was so happy to see her, he could hug her.

19. Danielle H. says:

Ooo writers where are you going with this?
    I get that this is a game changing death that will change Elena again and let us see another vampire side of her, and that honestly everyone was already trying to always save Jeremy already and that in this universe the likelihood of him surviving was probably zero. That doesn’t mean I like it. My biggest issue with this show is the constant and total loss that Elena has in her life. It is insanity that she has literally lost everyone in her life: her parents, her real dad, her real mom, Jenna, Alaric, and now the last person is gone in Jeremy.
    I by no means hate watch this show. I love it to pieces, but this is the one thing that makes me the angriest (aside from the whole sire bond thing being used as an excuse to not give us real Damon/Elena).
    By no means does this mean they should bring everyone from the other side back. No no no no no. I just will need time to come to grips with this and I guess am doing what Matt said and holding out a tiny sliver of hope (don’t know how they’d do it.. but I just still am having a hard time coming to grips that he’s gone).
    Well… sucky time for a 3 wk hiatus!!

20. Janelle says:

If they do end up bringing back the dead supernatural creatures I hope they bring back Alaric (before he went crazy), Kol (because his story line was never really developed and he’s gorgeous; and an original), and Finn (same reasons, he was sweet despite wanting to die in the end it seemed like he didn’t want it anymore after finding Sage). I really dont feel any sympathy for Elena. Everyone says well she just lost her brother blah-blah-blah but she’s also responsible for helping to kill Finn and helping to kill Kol for no apparent reason except to benefit her. And especially Kol, since she only did it to finish a tattoo that led them to a place where her own brother would die…Sounds like karma bit her in the ass…Also, Elena is a terrible vampire I’ve never seen a vampire cry so much especially in one episode. Thank God, Damon turned her humanity off. But all in all, if you’re going to bring back Jeremy bring back Kol!

21. ashlee says:

and here goes a fan.. killing off Jeremy was a huge mistake. I don’t think I can watch this show anymore. who knows who else they’ll kill off. I hate that they killed him, hate it. they have to bring him back or the ratings will plummet.

22. Nikki H. says:

Talk about denial…when last week’s episode ended I didn’t believe Jeremy died and tonight I practically bawled my eyes out when I realized he was gone. :(

23. s says:

Oh come on people.. You really thought Jeremy was going to make it? I’ve always loved Jeremy. In fact he’s my next favorite after Damon but I knew he was a goner. I hate that they killed him off but I will cont watching the show.

• Paulena says:

Bringing back the dead is as pr

• Paulena says:

Bringing back the dead is as promising as them finding the cure and them having it. Ya ya. I loved Jeremy. He did everything for elena. Now she should go on her own. But Damon should not have had her turn it off. Bc she needs to feel still for her brother.

• Cathy O. says:

I agree. I am going to continue watching the show also because I am hoping it will all make sense by season’s end.

24. msult says:

I cried my eyes out last week and cried my eyes out again tonight. I loved Jeremy, he was my favorite character and I still can’t believe he’s dead. Who else are they going to kill off next, Matt? I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch the show after this, and if they end up killing off Matt too I’m legit going to stop watching. Seeing Matt break down (twice) started a sob fest, I couldn’t see him like that! Even if Bonnie succeeds bringing Jeremy and all the others back it most likely won’t be the same old them anyway. I just can’t believe it.

25. kavyn says:

That was one of the best episodes in a long while. Sad to see Jeremy go but it’s about time that death had meaning. This show makes you forget the importance of death until one actually happens.

Very excited that Elena turned off her emotions. It’ll be interesting to see how she acts now, especially since I loved the way Nina portrays Katherine. Her breakdown was really well done and I bought all of it.

Very excited for the rest of the season now. All of the characters seem to have interesting storylines aside from Damon/Stefan who appear to be focused on the stupid love triangle again.

26. Megan says:

Who is Hayley?

27. Amber says:

Damon must never want Elena back, because she’s not going to get over him telling her to turn off her humanity for a while. I am so bored. I hope she goes off the rail and jumps Elijah’s bones. Stefan is a tool, Damon is a wimp now, go for it with Elijah! Oh, and no way in heck is this the last of Jeremy.

28. Lora says:

Everyone needs to be left alone to grieve. They need to concentrate on helping Bonnie and finding cylus. Turning off humanity and not allowing a person to process grief is going to really come back at everyone.

29. Dean Girl says:

Matt made me loose it, he was great. Also when Elena was pouring the bourbon and gas all over the living room-powerful scene.

30. Allie says:

I think it’s ridiculous that they killed off Jeremy. He was by far the best looking man on the show. I loved his character! I was actually hoping that he got turned into a vampire so he no longer had to worry about being killed by the hands of another evil vampire like Klaus. I am EXTREMELY upset that Jeremy was killed and will only watch the next few episodes in hopes that Bonnie will figure out a way to bring Jeremy back. I don’t understand why every single season someone (a main character) has to die. Granted I didn’t care as much about Alarec or that aunt but Jeremy?? I felt like crying the whole time. And when Elena burned the house down with Jeremy in it made me sick because I feel like now Jeremy can never come back. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!! This show won’t be the same and if Jeremy isn’t brought back from the dead VERY soon, I don’t know if I can continue watching.. :(

31. Babybop says:

Sad to see Jeremy go. I was starting to like him.
    Props to the actors this episode!! Especially Nina and Zack. Very convincing. Best acting they’ve done all 3 seasons.
    Plus… I did enjoy seeing Paul Wesley and his wife do a scene together!

32. ggny says:

I doubt it happens. But i like the idea of them bringing back everyone that has died on the show. Espically Vickie and Rick. The show just isnt the same without Alaric and Vickie was a good character that just didnt have enough time

33. Viv says:

God, what an episode! I screamed to my screen half the time. I needed to take a deep breath after watching. I think it was the best episode of season 4 so far. Liked the brotherly bonding. Was about time that Damon and Stefan got back together on the same side. :)

34. Lee Fowler says:

The death toll on this freaking show is is sky high. I wasn’t to attached to Jeremy, but he was Elena’s last remaining relative so I feel like it was incredibly cruel to kill him off. Poor Elena, she’s so fudged up.

35. Ashley says:

So, Can Silas transform to anyone or does he really look like Shane?

• kavyn says:

I’m not sure if it’s so much as transform himself, as it is manipulating what others can see. I think he manipulated Bonnie into thinking she saw Shane (since Bonnie was the only one to see him, until Rebekah found the real him dying).

36. Six says:

Jeremy was a very important character in this show and mostly underwritten. Season one there was the Gilbert’s and Lockwood’s and Salvatore’s: families, now with the last of the Gilbert’s gone I’m just not as interested in the show. I will watch the rest of this season but if its mostly about Elena and her humanity turned off I probably won’t watch next season. I hope the writers have some surprises planned

37. Sarah says:

I’ve never watched a show that continuously managed to kill off so many characters, change so many (confusing) plotlines, and alter the rules of play so often midgame. I seriously won’t be watching anymore.

38. Kara H. says:

Someone else made the same point here earlier, but if Jeremy could see ghosts earlier on, wouldn’t he be considered supernatural? The ring still brought him back then, so why not now? I’m guessing it has something to do with the writers being more invested in Elena?

• Tamim says:

I see his ability to see ghosts, not a supernatural ability, but an augmented human one – like telepathy or empathy – his was just stronger because of his potential, but essentially he was a normal human being. He didn’t have any power that helped him do anything except listen to dead people. However, being a hunter gave him speed, aggression, power, the tattoo, whole bunch of stuff – maybe even a longer life if no one killed him – as a hunter he was a true supernatural. Also, I think if a ghost really wanted to it could talk to a person or at least communicate some how. Human Jeremy just had access to a different frequency. I think the writers went with the idea that in our world we have “normal humans” who talk, or at least claim to talk, to dead people, but aren’t supernatural and Jeremy was just a bit better at it than others.

• sls says:

Yes. Tamim is exactly right. Jer wasn’t supernatural but a human with some extra sixth sense. The last time the ring worked on him was when Elena accidentally killed him. He wasn’t a hunter at that point.

• sls says:

Oh no! I was wrong! Jer got the tattoo at the end of episode five and Elena killed him in episode six :(
          Maybe since he hadn’t made his first kill he wasn’t officially a hunter? Anyone? Thoughts?

• Tamim says:

I think that’s right – he was marked, but hadn’t “chosen” his path, so he wasn’t supernatural. It’s a grey area, but probably enough to maintain that the ring only works for humans

• Meredith says:

Let’s not forget that Matt was able to see ghost Vicki too after he died and was brought back to life and Matt is the furthest thing from supernatural.

39. queerbec says:

If Steven R. McQueen is permanently gone from TVD then it’s conceivable that the actor wanted to leave after this season or else was so disruptive and unliked by the rest of the cast that he needed to be let go. If Julie and Company are so kill crazy, I sometimes wish that someone would have the good sense to stake Damon or Stefan and spare us another season of this overworked love triangle. Enough is enough! (And to think that a quarter of the current cast will be leaving at the end of this season for the new show).

• s says:

Its possible that Steven wanted to leave but who really knows at this point on that. However, for you to say stake Damon or Stefan seriously? No Damon = NO TVD. Also, the originals have ran their course on this show anyway so its good they’re getting their spin off.

• Cathy O. says:

I agree s. Damon is TVD so if he goes, I am sure the show would probably be cancelled. He is the most popular character on the show. And to be honest, I wouldn’t watch the show without him.

40. anil says:

This show has is just becoming a HUGE EMPTY BOX where we watch the remaining ones die one by one. I mean, since season 1…like 80% of the cast is DEAD. Will all these years of death tie into something for the series finale in the future? I don’t know what to think but it’s becoming bleh. Especially if THE ORIGINALS happen, then that means more people gone from TVD….then we’ll be left with more of Elena’s bro troubles? UGH!

• s says:

Yeah, its sad how they only kill off S1 characters but I guess the show is going in a whole new direction for S5? Lets just all hope they don’t decide to keep April on… She’s annoying and pointless.

41. Carla Krae says:

There has been no exit interview posted anywhere with Steven or Julie Plec, which ALWAYS happens when someone is dead-dead on this show. Jeremy or Steven will be back.

Second, it was Silas every time we saw Shane with Bonnie. The real Shane is with Rebekah.

What’s really dead-dead from this ep is the Gilbert house.

• Alice says:

But if they posted an exit interview, they would be spoiling the ending, because then you would already know that Bonnie didn’t succeed in raising the dead. Even if he is dead-dead, gone-gone, they wouldn’t reveal that until after that part of the plot has been resolved.

42. vannesa180 says:

nina is a really good actress!..cant wait to see elena change!

43. I think Shane, Bonnie, Katerine, Rebekah, Klaus are all going to New Orleans to find the 12 people to kill etc. Hayley will be there, so I think Tyler will too. And I THINK Catherine is responsible for the hunter, Jeremy, getting killed – so does he haunt her? Hmmm… could be! The Originals is going to be good….

44. Scribe says:

I thought this was an amazing episode, Elena’s despair was so palpable, it was too heart breaking for Damon NOT to help her. I’m interested in seeing what comes next but I absolutely understand why Damon did what he had to. As for Jeremy, the character had purpose in the beginning but its become clear that the writers have been struggling to make him relevant. From forgetting everything to seeing ghosts to this hunter thing, it was time to send Jeremy off. Its the same problem with Klaus whom I adore but recognize needs to move on out of the show. I only wish he could take Caroline with him. As for Bonnie, I think someone needs to tell her father what’s happening.

45. mike says:

This might be their “jump the shark” moment. Not happy about the loss of Jeremy or the house. The show just seems to be killing off characters in place of actual story development.

46. Fernanda says:

Steve R McQueen spent a lot time at gym for nothing. No more shirtless Jeremy. I hate you Julie Plec

47. britt says:

I still don’t think Jeremy is gone for good. So I haven’t been sad about it. I think SIlas will have a hand in bringing him back somehow. There has to be someone connecting Elena to the human world.

48. RJ says:

So, if Jeremy was a hunter when he died and the ring cannot bring him back, shouldn’t he be tormenting Silas like the hunter that Elena killed did to her? I thought if you kill a hunter you have this curse placed upon you where that hunter torments you for the rest of your life. So, if this is the case, we should at least see Jeremy if only from the standpoint of him tormenting Silas.

49. Cyndi says:

Jeremy is definitely my fav character, he’s really hot & has all different emotions in the show, he starts of a little lost, then he shows a sweet kind side when he falls in love with anna & then eventually grows into a tough, strong vampire hunter, I won’t watch the show if they kill him off. I still have hope that they can bring him back, elena can’t lose the last family member she has left & jeremy has been a big part in the show, I’d hate to see him be killed off.

50. Lame.
    So now we have Nina playing two characters who are exactly the same.
    Is the show now gonna turn into some horrific JCVD Double Impact style nightmare?
    I really want this season to end with Nina leaving, either that or (in the hope it’s decent) I’ll just switch over to the spin off.

• Faster says:

I don’t understand why people think that Elena and Katherine will act the same. The only way they are similar is in appearance. They are completely different characters, and Nina has the chops to pull it off. Read Julie Plec’s interview on this site – she’s the writer and says that they are nothing alike, so there ya go.