Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Scandal, Spartacus, Once Upon a Time, Grey's, Beast and More!

Scandal Inside LineCan Fitz and Olivia ever recover from the Defiance Scandal? Will Dallas‘ J.R. go out with a bang? How is the Spartacus finale shaping up? Has Once Upon a Time‘s Emma lost Henry for good? Get answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Scandal | Shonda Rhimes pulled the rug out from under POPUS fans, and scores of you are wondering what it will take to slide that rug riiiiight back in place. Tony Goldwyn admits he has “no idea” what the boss lady is thinking, but he does offer a glimmer of hope for those who champion the illicit pairing. “I think Liv is truly authentic. I think that she believed everything that Fitz believed in, in terms of ideals and a morality higher than their transgressing morality with their sexual relationship… morality on a more profound level,” he observes. “So all I can imagine is that somehow it will be revealed to Fitz that Olivia is still the woman he thought she was, and he’ll need her in some way. Like, she’ll become his only lifeline.” Goldwyn however reiterates, “I’m just guessing. I don’t know how [Fitz will warm back up to Liv].”

PHOTOS | The Scandal List: Big Bombs, Peeping Toms, Fingers-in-Mouths and 17 More W.H.O.A.s

Dallas | We’re about two weeks away from the TNT drama’s March 11 funeral for J.R. Ewing, and to hear Josh Henderson tell it, the event will both tribute the late Larry Hagman’s iconic character as well as stir the pot in a way that’d make the Southfork scalawag proud. “It’s going to be a piece of TV history, obviously, but also a big deal [storyline-wise],” says John Ross’ portrayer. “It’s going to be a roller coaster.” Of course, so much ado can’t be avoided when you bring together so many of the J.R.’s kinfolk – Lucy, Cliff, Ray and Gary included. “It’s an interesting thing to see the Ewings unite,” Henderson says. “When all the stuff goes down with J.R., it’s going to be a different feel of the Ewings than people are used to, for sure!”

Spartacus: War of the Damned | When speaking with Manu Bennett about his run on Arrow, I was also sure to see what he could spoil about this last season of Spartacus – including the series finale. “We’re at a big turning point now between Crixus and [his lover] Naevia, who’s suddenly taken a turn toward the dark side,” he previewed. “She has slipped into a pre-Season 2 mentality, having obviously [suffered] a bigger injury than what Crixus thought after the fight with Ashur. Her hatred and need for vengeance has risen back to the surface, and how Crixus deals with that is what the next couple of episodes are about.” As for the series-ender airing April 12, he says this: “I would love to be a fly on the wall in every room where we have fans, as they watch it because … it brought me to tears. The way this one is being crafted together, it really is a masterpiece.”

And now, diving into the Inside Line reader mailbag….

Now that Once Upon a Time‘s Emma has disappointed Henry by lying to him about his father, will Regina have a chance to really reconnect with her son? –Vicki
That is totally where I thought this was going, too, but it appears we’re both wrong. As Jennifer Morrison explained to me, “Unfortunately for Regina at this point, she is so wrapped up in her own sort of mess with her mother being in town and the complications of that relationship, and sort of her failing at trying to not use magic, she sort of misses seeing her opportunity [with Henry]. She does make a move to get him back, but she doesn’t necessarily make the most strategic move, based on the circumstances.”

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time: The Charmings Stare Daggers at Regina!

Please give us a one-word clue about this week’s Beauty and the Beast! — @itslulim via Twitter
Well, it would be cruel – yet accurate – of me to trot out the word “break-up.” But I am not a cruel man, so I’ll just go with “game-changer.” (I assume everyone has heard about the shocking death by now…?) For those who are not @itsluim and are OK with more than one word, you probably saw me tweet, “Oh damn” twice, as I previewed tonight’s episode. One was a sad “Oh damn,” and one was… not. Y’all are gonna be talking about this episode, because in the course of one unpredictable scene I suspect you’ll get more than you bargained for.

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast Kiss Update from Ask Ausiello

What happened to Crossbones from NBC? Did it get a pilot order or what? There were rumours a while back about Hugh Laurie even joining it! – Omabin
Though the talk about Laurie — one of the most in-demand actors this development season — playing Blackbeard has died down, Crossbones was actually ordered to series almost from the get-go, and is still in development/casting.

VIDEO | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: A Desperate Owen Begs [Spoiler] to Stay!

What happened to Callie and Arizona’s baby girl on Grey’s Anatomy? We haven’t seen her this season. –Judy
Hmm, I believe we did see Sofia earlier in the season, but… regardless, I am told the little darling resurfaces soon. Tonight, in fact! UPDATE: I see some grumbling down there in Comments; rest assured that in the next episode of TVLine’s Spoiler Alert!, we’ve got some juicy Grey’s scoop.

Want scoop on your favorite show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Mike says:

Sofia was seen several times this season, with Mark early on, later with Arizona and Callie at least twice, and she’s also mentioned often, AKA last week when we heard her on the monitor.. you consider that scoop??

• Jess says:

Actually the baby heard on the Monitor was Zola as Meredith makes the comment “It’s mine, but she’ll wake yours up.”

Sofia has been kept Out of Scenes lately, which is totally understandable since she’s portrayed by an infant Actress, and they have different labor laws than Adults / Toddlers / Children.

2. Rachael says:

No Castle goodies?? :-(

3. xav says:

Yawn, more time to drive a wedge between the real mother and the child on Once. What a shock.

• mia says:

Ya, its frustrating. But Regina is just as much of a “real” mom as Emma is. Emma’s the biological mother, but they are both involved in Henry’s life

• Psychopaths lose their parental rights. Sorry.

• SAM says:

A real mother, whether biological or not, doesn’t try to gaslight her child.

• xav says:

So I guess that makes it awkward that Emma did the same thing and tried to rewrite her whole history to make her seem better than she was.

• SAM says:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity, e.g. taking your kid to a psychologist to be treated for mental/emotional instability because he thinks that you are an evil witch who cursed a kingdom – oh, wait, that’s what you did!

She wasn’t trying to make herself look better; she was trying to avoid talking about a terribly painful subject of betrayal and heartbreak as well as make Henry’s father to be better than she thought because she knew that he was struggling with his relationship to Regina. Emma was very wrong to tell a lie but it was one lie and was not an attempt to make him feel like he’s crazy. Huge difference.

• xav says:

except that Emma was the one who kept telling him to give it up. Which leads me to the next question: what should Regina have done instead?

• Mike says:

Regina knew he was right, and purposely deceived her child, Emma was oblivious to the truth.

• xav says:

So what were her choices, Mike? Say “Yep, it’s true!” and have…what exactly happen? He gets confirmation but is even more of a pariah?

• Mike says:

I don’t know, but not calling him crazy, might’ve helped. She still knowingly lied, Emma didn’t.

• Frivolouswhim says:

A real mother also doesn’t abuse their child the way Cora did but nobody ever tells her that she isn’t Regina’s mother.

• Nath says:

Real parents also don’t do most of the stuff Cora and Rumple have done and yet they get their bio kids back. (Yes, Neal is pissed at Rumple now, but we all know it’s only a matter of time until he’ll come around, right?)

• Mike says:

Regina will eventually have a relationship with Henry, she is just going to have to earn it, and due to her mistakes will have to share him with Emma and probably Neal.

• Guess says:

Whatever, I gave up on that boring mess of a fairytale once Henry got way too unrealistic. Adoption bashing aside, no child is that fickle with his own mother (and by that, I mean Regina).

4. #1 Fan says:

When are you going to release any info on the BLIND ITEM?? Is the initial info still correct?

5. Lea says:

Hoping for some good Grey’s Anatomy scoop soon!

6. arabella says:

was this a GA scoop????? come on!!!

7. Renee says:

MATT! Oh damn? Game changer? That’s all we get? Come on! It’s hours yet. I’m not good with suspense. I love this frickin show.

• Tina says:

I love this show too! I am just glad to see that others like it. I really want that season 2 pick up lol I am driving people crazy about talking about it. hehe

8. Mike says:

Regina is going through some stuff.

9. Whaaat? says:

POPUS? What the hell is POPUS? Real Gladiators refer to Olivia and Fitz as Olitz.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Well, I have always used POPUS. And Shonda endorsed it. So…. It’s all good.

• Ha ha, Shonda endorsed it but even Kerry and Tony say Olitz :-)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I don’t know what the talent uses, as I pretty much never utter ‘shipper names during interviews.

• SAM says:

Thankfully. I hate those oh-too-cutesy combinations of names.

• Whaaat? says:

Ain’t no shame. The cast loves and embraces their shipper names. Kerry even used #Olitzpresstour when she and Tony went on their NY media round, and here was one of her tweets during last week’s ep ‏”@kerrywashington “@darbystnchfld: #Dabby is a mess. #Heartache #AskScandal” #OLITZ understands your pain.”

• Whaaat? says:

Yep! Both Kerry and Tony, and the rest of the cast have used the #Olitz hashtag. Does Shonda and Matt not understand that “shipper” names are fan-driven? Once that genie is out of the bottle, you can’t put it back in. Shonda can call it whatever the hell she wants to, but the fans have already made up their minds.

• Danyelle says:

LMAO I sense that Matt doesn’t care less what “the cool kids” use. I like that he does his own thing. Better than him not covering Scandal at all, “Real Gladiators.”

• theOtherMonique says:

I like POPUS too. I am hoping the Scandal fans are not getting possessive to the point where others will not be able to join in on the fun. Seriously.

• MaryAnn says:

So what does Popus stand for? I just don’t see any combination of Fitz and Olivia in that.

• theOtherMonique says:

POTUS = President of the United States, FLOTUS = First Lady of the United States. These are terms that are used officially. Add Olivia POPe and you get POPe-potUS… POPUS. I like it.. there’s humor in it!

• the girl says:

I prefer Popus. Actually I prefer that we just call them by their names but if we’re going to do this ridiculous name combining foolishness, then Popus is better than Olitz by miles.

• like your site but its OLITZ! ; )

• Trista says:

What does POPUS stand for? I missed it.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I am so glad you asked, because the answer is completely awesome: It’s POPE (as in Olivia) + POTUS (as in the common shorthand for President of the United States). POPE + POTUS = POPUS! Get on board, the POPUS train is fillin’ up fast!

• eileen says:

What the hell is POPUS?! Well, for starters it is far more clever than Olitz… Also, as a fan from day one, I much prefer POPUS. And lastly, showrunner>talent. If Shonda likes it, it’s good enough for me.

• theOtherMonique says:

Here, here.

• Whaaat? says:

Frankly, it doesn’t matter if you think it’s more clever or if you prefer it. Once something catches on and is being used by 95% of the fan base, it makes you seem uninformed or trying too hard to be an outlier when you use something else.

• eileen says:

You’re right. It matters as little as your preference of Olitz. And perhaps those who live in glass houses should not accuse others of being intentionally contrary, since you went out of your way to call attention to the fact that a different name for a fictional couple on a tv show was used. All I am saying, maybe you should get off your high horse and quit speaking (in a less than civil tone) for everyone, since I don’t remember all of us fans voting you in as the Speaker of the Fandom.

• Emily says:

This is like Bolivia/Altlivia/Fauxlivia. Use whatever floats your boat.

• scandalcraz01 says:

I think it’s POTUS (President Of The United Status), refering to Fitz.

10. Nath says:

The writing for Regina on OUAT confuses me. It made sense until episode 11 and then took a complete turn. I was so sure they’d reveal that Cora put some kind of spell on her or that something else is going on and they would later reveal everything is not as it seems right now. But Jennifer’s quote doesn’t sound like it.

• fifitrixbell says:

Agreed the writing is all over the place this year IMO and Regina and Henry are perfect example. I mean did the writers just forget everything that happened in the first half of the season. It’s frustrating to watch. And reading this doesn’t make me feel any better.

• Mike says:

Regina’s current storyline is currently very weak, it just seems after all she did to avoid using magic was thrown out when she reunited with Cora. I’m still happy the Regina isn’t goody goody anymore, she is much more interesting evil.

• Nath says:

I love the moments when they let the Evil Queen come out to play too, but overall I find Regina most fascinating when the writing shows us what a complex character she truly is. That’s why I think her current story could work. It’s not like there is no dark in her. But she’s also fought hard all season to focus on the light in her and get closer to who she was before Daniel died, she married the king, became Rumple’s apprentice, and so on. But on the show the transgression from trying to redeem herself to supporting her mother’s plans almost happened over night. They made it too easy for Cora to drag her back to the dark side. (Even if the dark side has cookies. ;) )

• Mike says:

Her story can be salvaged, but they need to give a reason for her working with Cora so easily. I wish it was the fall, these long breaks between episodes is going to kill me.

• MaryAnn says:

I am very disappointed in Regina’s current story line. Having her drift back to evil when she thought everyone had turned against her, ok. But I just can’t see her not trying to get back on the redemption path once she finds out they know now she is not a murderer. And I can’t see her not questioning Cora’s motives after all that Cora has done to her over her lifetime. Bottom line: Regina is just not as three dimensional now and the writing is not as good. I just want to see her back on the path to redemption. Nothing else makes sense if they want the show to be character driven instead of just following a preconceived plot.

11. Luli M says:

I actually can not belive you picked my tweet…! 2 “Oh damn” …can’t wait ! And I am more than happy about the “more than one word clue” I was trying not to be demanding :) Thank you! I love Batb and the intensity picked up from walking to rollercoaster …! @itslulim

12. As an aside, Tony’s comments make me convinced that he’s not all that excited or optimistic for the direction that Shonda is taking the Fitz’s character. In every other interview and snippet he’s been very excited. Now he sounds unsure. Ugh.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Not at all the case, unless one chooses to read it that way. He is just genuinely unsure of how they could fully reconnect, and respects the decision to keep them apart if it is just.

13. Frivolouswhim says:

I don’t know how much more of this I can take from Once Upon A Time. Their blatant pro-bio family stance as opposed to the one person who raised yet has no blood relation to Henry and how that person is pretty much the only one who keeps messing up / missing chances / not getting a break / having NO success whatsoever with the kid etc is becoming hard to watch.

• fifitrixbell says:

Agreed. This show has had the messed up stance on adoption since the start of this show. Adoptive mother – evil, Biological mother – good. And then people try to say that is not sending out some kind of message, that it is just a tv show and these kinds of things don’t matter. Well sorry but no. And reading this I think it is only gonna get worse.

• Nath says:

What makes it hard not to criticize them for this too is that even the bad or questionable bio parents get better chances at catching a break or even winning their kids or grandkids (back) over. It does make it look like they believe blood forms a stronger bond and I’m not comfortable with that message either.

• fifitrixbell says:

Exactly. The whole thing just doesn’t sit well with me at all and hasn’t since the beginning of the show. And reading these spoilers isn’t making things any better

• jc says:

Who made the family mess was Rumpel and Regina with the curse…possibly without the curse, Henry would not have been conceived…

• SAM says:

What are you talking about a “blatant pro-bio family stance”? The writers have clearly shown examples of good relationships between a child and a guardian who is not a biological parent, e.g. Granny and Ruby; Jiminy Cricket and Gepetto; Gepetto and Pinocchio; the wolf and Sheriff Graham; and King George and Prince James (George is a ruthless jerk but he loved his son who enjoyed being a prince). Jefferson/Mad Hatter acknowledged that his daughter Grace had loving parents in Storybrooke.

Regina is a psycho who has no business passing her dysfunctional outlook to an innocent child.

• Nath says:

I don’t know if all of your comparisons really work. For one, I think there are differences between a case of actual adoption (closed adoption, too) and most of your examples. They also all deal with guardians who came into the picture because the child in question absolutely had no one birth parents anymore to take care of them or they were made to believe they had no one else by the curse. I think the situation with Regina, Henry, and Emma is special in that sense. It’s the only case where the adoptive parent or guardian raised the child almost from birth and then later the blood parents came back into the picture.
        I think it’s understandable that not everyone may feel that way, but I agree with the others who’ve said that the show gives off the message that if the birth family comes back into play the blood relation is more important by default.

• the girl says:

Thank you. I feel like people are forgetting that the “adoptive mother” is also THE EVIL QUEEN. And rather than being supportive when Henry wanted to forge a relationship with his bio mom, Regina became possessive and tried to sabotage his efforts every step of the way. I don’t think Henry would have completely broken off his ties with Regina if she had just supported what he wanted and tried to be welcoming towards Emma, but she couldn’t. As much as she claims that her son is the most important thing to her, Regina made her hatred towards the Charmings more important than Henry’s well-being. THAT is the real issue here.

• Nath says:

Looking back the Pilot and how Henry behaved in that episode I strongly doubt that anything Regina could have done when it comes to Emma would have made him reconsider. But that’s understandable. She hurt him a lot and has to work to regain his trust. We saw some of that earlier in season 2 and up to episode 9, but since then the show has ignored the progress they’ve made and now it appears if they’re even reverting it to some degree.

• xav says:

Parents do not have to be supportive of people like Emma trying to be involved in their lives. What Emma was doing was actually illegal.

• Mike says:

Not necessarily if it was an closed adoption and they filled out paperwork, Emma is not allowed to interact with Henry, but if it was open Henry can have a relationship with Emma and Neal.

• xav says:

WUT? Granny and Ruby are biologically related. THEY SAY IT IN THE SHOW. Gepetto literally MADE Pinocchio so that’s not adoptive. Pets don’t count as adoptive. And your example of George and James actually only furthers the bio-family argument

• Mike says:

This again…. :/

• xav says:

It’s almost like it’s a real issue that affects real people.

• Mike says:

I understand it bothers you, but you only bring it up in every article, noone is going to convince you otherwise, it’s getting old. The show is not anti-adoption, but Regina has done a lot if wrong and needs to earn Henry’s trust and she hasn’t. She would be considered an abusive(psychological) parent in reality. I don’t know why I’m trying, you aren’t going to be convinced. Regina will have a relationship with Henry, but she needs to earn it.

• xav says:

See, that’s what gets me. How is the show not anti-adoption? Someone came in, tried to develop an illegal relationship with a child that is not theirs. Explain why Rumple, Charming, Snow, Neal or Emma has any right to Henry without using biology as an example.

• xav says:

Also, you don’t need to respond just skip on by with your pro-bio stance.

• Mike says:

I’m not pro bio, just because I feel the show is not anti adoption does not make me pro bio or anti adoption.

• Lyndsey says:

Ok, speaking as someone who WAS adopted at the age of 3 months by the best parents ever put on this world, I think people are going way too nuts about this. First of all, it’s a dang TV show that is based around a bunch of fairy tale & literary characters so can people please stop bringing up legal rights?! I think the show has pretty much established itself outside of the purview of the United States government regardless of its present (cursed) location.

Second, a commenter earlier hit the nail on the head. If an adoptive parent were to act like a possessive shrew who lies & manipulates in an attempt to interfere with the child’s attempt to make a biological connection then it would naturally sour their relationship (and let’s not forget Regina’s attempt to poison Emma despite the fact that she was voluntarily leaving town in order to do what she felt was best for Henry). Want a reverse example?? When I was a teenager I made contact with my biological family out of curiosity. What I discovered was a biological mother who was a manipulative pathological liar who attempted to drive a wedge between myself and my adoptive parents, despite the fact that they had been nothing but supportive of my curiosity and had never said one bad word about her crazy behind. So guess which side I cut off rather quickly, yep the biological one. My parents never once interfered or even gave an opinion on the situation, only saying that whatever I chose had to be my own decision which they would support no matter what. They never once brought up the fact that she had been a 16 year-old drug user who lost custody of me due to neglect nor did they ever throw that in her face 15 years later.

The point I’m making is that Emma didn’t seek this out. Henry found her, Henry begged her to stay, Henry looked for opportunities to be with her. People seem to be forgetting how reluctant Emma was to interfere or have a relationship with him in the beginning. That only changed as she saw Regina’s true colors and developed a bond with Henry. And yet Henry was still with Regina up until the time he almost died due to her jealousy-fueled murder attempt. I don’t believe there’s a judge in this country who wouldn’t have considered that grounds for at least suspending custodial rights. And you’ll notice, when they returned from FTL Enma was the one who was supportive of Regina still having a relationship with Henry.

• xav says:

None of the things you mentioned matter AT ALL. And just because you’re adopted doesn’t mean the rest of us who were as well don’t feel incredibly offended. But seriously: a judge in the country? Especially since Emma was EAGER to have a relationship with him, that’s why she stayed. Regina being pissy that some random person was horning in on her child doesn’t make Emma right.

• Josh says:

“The point I’m making is that Emma didn’t seek this out. Henry found her, Henry begged her to stay, Henry looked for opportunities to be with her. People seem to be forgetting how reluctant Emma was to interfere or have a relationship with him in the beginning. That only changed as she saw Regina’s true colors and developed a bond with Henry. ” Lyndsey

Xav, i see some truth to your view point but Lyndsey is correct with the above statement. This set up the entire show. HENRY started this. Emma just wanted to get him home because he blackmailed her, then she saw Regina and she seemed off and after what Henry told her who wouldnt stay and see whats up. This opens up your bio/adoptive arguement but it is based on a fairytale which doesnt hold ground when presented with how Henry started the relationship and Regina’s demenor sparked Emma curiosity to stay and see if he was ok. ABC isn’t taking a hardline stance on Pro-bio like you say, first is a fairytale of which a few are based on the evil stepmother, and secondly its about “who is best for HENRY now that the truth is out”. I get your views its just not as black and white as you make it seem.

• xav says:

Do you also not see the difference between a teenager and a 10 year old?

• S says:

Yes I see the difference between the teenager and the ten year old, one of them is a REAL human being and the other is a fictional character. I can honestly not believe you’re comparing a real person who went through this difficult situation to a made up character in a TV show in order to further your own argument about the fictional TV show. I will not comment on your opinions, you are entitled to them but please understand the line between real life and fiction otherwise you may be in danger of hurting REAL feelings

• A says:

But was it really adoption? Forgive me if I’m wrong but last season I believe it was the second episode Regina and Rumple discussed a previous deal they had where he mentioned a boy that he procured for her named Henry and discussed a deal the two had. Plus we have yet to be shown exactly how Regina got Henry which I have a strong feeling was not under normal adoption circumstances.
      Emma gave Henry up for adoption in the hopes that he would be taken in by a good family where he would be taken care of and loved. While yes Regina did love him she was/is far from a good mother. She attempted to brainwash Henry and the amount of evil/anger she possessed led her to unintentionally poison him. And lets not forget the countless murders she’s committed (Sheriff Graham anyone??),
      I don’t believe Emma ever intended to be apart of Henry’s life during the 10 years that since she gave him up, but I’m pretty sure when you find out that the woman who was raising the son you gave up for 10 years is an “Evil Queen” with a sick vendetta on a woman (your mother) who was manipulated into revealing a secret when she was a child, you too would want to do everything to protect your child. At that point Emma had already built up a strong enough relationship that she initially never intended to have in the first place and her mothering instincts kicked in and she wanted to protect her son from the Evil Queen. She didn’t ask for Henry to find her and to be his mother but things happen.
      And lets not forget the fact that this show is primarily based on FAIRY TALES where a lot of real world issues don’t apply. And Emma has made several attempts at leaving the door open for a relationship between Regina and Henry but who could blame her when she found out that Fake Regina supposedly murdered Archie. Would you want someone like that around a child. Plus Regina is too easily influenced by her mother that any progress she was making (no magic) was pointless.
      I love the Regina character/Lana Parilla but even I don’t think that there is any anti-adoption agenda going on. You need to remember the context of who these people are. In this fairy tale twist show. the “adoptive” mother (if she did even adopt him in the first place) is in fact an EVIL person who has tried to change, but will always possess evil qualities unfit for child rearing

• Brandy says:

I don’t get this whole pro bio/anti adoption fight.To me ,both Emma and Regina are both Henry’s moms and they both love him,protect him and are raising him now so does it really matter who’s his “real mother”? In my eyes, they both are:Emma gave birth to him, only wanted to get back from FTL was for him,she’s forged a relationship with him in spite of commitment/intimacy issues, gave everything up to move to SB to bond with him,point blank asked Regina if she loved him,she done everything to protect him,keep him safe.She came to SB after seeing Henry was unhappy with Regina.Regina has adopted and raised him all these years and loves & protects him but she is the Evil Queen, I think that’s what portraying as evil not adoption.Some parents even adoptive ones aren’t always good parents though.Theyre not portraying adoption as bad just that Regina is a villian but not because she adopted Henry/isn’t his bio mother.

• Brandy says:

Fairy tales are all about good vs evil, light vs dark, that’s Regina z& Emma, it has nothing to with Henry’s adoption.Plus, does it matter who his “real mom” is?He has Regina,Emma,Charming,Snow, hopefully Neal , -it’s great that he has all these people that love him and that’s what matters.

• A says:

While I agree with you about the good vs. evil aspect and that it’s Regina that is evil not adoption, I do think the mom that he lives with/takes care of him is a significant issue.
            The anti-adoption/pro-bio argument ppl are talking about for the show doesn’t make sense to me because this whole custody issue is not about that. In this show, its about who his a better fit mother for Henry: a woman who had a tough life but has a good heart and is the Savior or an Evil Queen that placed a curse on an entire fairy tale world and trapped them for 28 years among other horrendous things. The fact that one of them happens to be the biological parent is a side point.

I think that at this point in the storyline, Emma is clearly a better fit as Henry’s mother and Henry being with Emma is better for him because he has a great support system around him to better influence him including his grandparents among others. Were he to be with Regina, it is clearly not a wise choice. Regina is currently being heavily influenced by her even more devilish mother and while I love Hook he is definitely not a good influence on children yet. Regina can never truly be a good person/mother until she lets go of her ridiculous vendetta against Snow, but then again if that happened, where would the entertainment of the show come from.

• mia says:

Agreed! I hate it, its incredibly insentitive to adoptive families/kids/parents. And yes, Regina has made some mistakes but Henry has turned out to be a pretty great kid and she’s the one who raised him, so she needs to get some of the credit. She was there during the hard years.

• Susannah says:

Isn’t that how fairy tales have always been? Blood wins out in fairy tales, look at Cinderella. The bio dad is sweet and loving and as soon as he dies, the step mother turns evil and doesn’t like the kid because she’s not blood related. Poor step moms have been living that one down for ages!

14. mia says:

If they kill Tess on Beauty and the Beast I’m going to be really angry with them. The Cat+Tess dynamic is something that makes this show really unique

• Renee says:

I’d rather Tess than JT or Evan. I like Tess a lot, but I would be heartbroken if they killed either of those guys. Maybe it’s the cheating boss.

• Alichat says:

Tess annoys the hell out of me. I don’t want her to die…..for Cat’s sake….but I don’t want her around anymore either.

• Alichat says:

Ok….the more I think about it, the more I think I should adjust my last statement. If we can get Tess back to what she was earlier in the season….or close to it, then she can stay around. The one who really annoys me the most is Heather. Send the sister packing…..please.

• Kristina says:

I’d be THRILLED if that’s who it was.

15. shar says:

I love Dallas, can’t wait to see all the Ewing’s together, even if it is at J.R.’s funeral.

16. dee says:

where did POPUS come from?? just curious.. PO probably comes from Pope, but I can’t think how Fitzgerald Grant became PUS… would someone explain that to me, please?

• xav says:

POTUS is the acronym for President of the United States

• T says:

POPUS….Pope+POTUS (president of the united states). I prefer it actually. It’s far more creative! And I think Tony knows a little more than he lets on. He may not know the actual path but he likely knows there is no way they’re done for good. Hell even Shonda says that. I think he’s just sayin’ patience and let’s see what plays out!

• eileen says:

The President is commonly referred to as POTUS- President Of The United States. Combine that with Pope and you get Popus. Far more clever than just combining names.

Also, can I just say I love that Matt actually responds and reads comments! Thank you! I like knowing that someone reads these and that this website is really interactive with its readers!

17. Penelope says:

Well, we did see Sofia with Callie, Arizona, and Bailey in 9×02, screeching with Jackson in 9×02, and snuggled up with Arizona in 9×07. She’s been mentioned off and on (like most tv-toddlers, only used as a prop). We already knew Sofia would appear in tonight’s episode thanks to the twitter machine. There hasn’t been any real Callie/Arizona spoilers in quite some time, and I dare say any new spoilers will be about anyone *but* them. Probably Alex/Jo, Jackson/April, or Cristina and Owen’s aching womb.

Thanks anyway!

18. GottaHaveEmAll says:

LOL. POPUS seems a bit odd to me too, but whatevs. I have a theory that is completely unrelated to the spoiler Matt gave about Scandal: I think that Jake (Scott Foley’s character and Liv’s new love interest) and Fitz are half-brothers. Shonda & Co. have laid out Fitz’s father’s “papa-was-a-rolling-stone”/philandering past in the last few episodes. There’s no way Fitz Sr. did not conceive a love child with all of the notches he had on his belt. And I think that love child is Jake. I think Jake knows that Fitz is his half brother, but of course Fitz has no idea. Cyrus is the only person I think that would know the truth besides Jake and Fitz Sr. Of course there would have been an airtight confidentiality agreement signed to ensure Jake and his mother’s silence in exchange for either a lump sum or monthly support. Jake followed in big bro’s foot steps by joining the Navy (either in hero worship or to prove that he is just as good if not better than Fitz). And Jake either legitimately earned his position a a member of the Joint Chiefs OR he called in a favor from Cyrus.

Pure speculation…but just the kind of plot twist Shonda would throw at us, right? And wouldn’t that make Liv’s interest in Jake even more delicious? Something about those Grant men she just can’t resist – its organic!

• Lisbeth says:

It would not be delicious. Liv better runs away from this Jake thing. I just don’t like him.

• bad romance says:

The idea of 2 brothers fighting over her is disgusting.
      Then again, the act of dating a woman you were hired to spy on is also pretty distasteful.
      Fitz’s behaviour is driven by disappointment and love, but what is Jake’s excuse?
      You’re hired to spy on a pretty girl, you don’t just do your job, you start dating her?
      It’s deceptive and kind of abusive.
      Can you imagine meeting a guy and then finding out after he’d been spying on you before you started dating?
      You either survey someone or date them, yiou don’t do BOTH.
      It’s like something about Mary without the zany humour.
      People with other relationship attachments meet at work and end up together all the time, and that’s how Fitz and Olivia met.
      Do you know anyone who ended up with the guy who was hired to SPY on them?
      It’s unrealistic.
      Besides they have ZERO chemistry.
      The only way to save the Jake charecter at this point is to have Fitz call him off and end the idea of a rebound romance.
      If it goes any further he’s going to look like a total creep and it’ll be bad for Scott Foley’s career, and keeping Fitz and Olivia apart is already huritng overall ratings.
      Shoinda Rhimes is not a fool, she has a plan and I’m pretty sure it ties Fiutz and Olivia back tigether in some way.

19. Tina says:

POPUS or Olitz – all the same. We just love SCANDAL and OLITZ. Love, Love olitz. during the 1 month break I am going to plan a wedding for them – Shonda better gets them back together ASAP. And as for Jack (Captain American), he better fly out of D.C. fast before Fitz slashes him into pieces. Thank you Matt for the scoop – we love you too.

20. Jared says:

I can’t wait for tonight’s BATB!..love this show so much!..im gonna be so sad if it gets cancelled :(

21. theOtherMonique says:

Can somebody explain the 1 month break of SCANDAL for me please? Anyone know?

22. Rose says:

Atleast we will have a dialogue between Fitz and Liv today, well I hope. Otherwise, how are we going to survive a month?

23. Drew says:

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else noticed a lot of episodes of Supernatural this year giving off “spinoff” vibes? Benny. The werewolf girl from “Bitten”. The Rabbi and his Golem from “Everybody Hates Hitler”. The man witch and his familiar from “Man’s Best Friend with Benefits”. All of these creatures not only survived their encounters with the Winchester’s, but have stories which are open ended, with compelling hooks.

Maybe it’s just me. Anyone else notice this?

24. kai says:

It’s OLITZ not POPUS.

• Renee says:

It’s whatever he wants to call it. Or I suppose he could just stop reporting on it entirely…

• Whaaat? says:

Oh yeah…great business decision. Let’s stop reporting on one of the hottest shows on TV *rolls eyes*

• Renee says:

To stop petty fandom bitching and whining? I’m all for it. I don’t get people complaining about how info is reported. BE HAPPY he’s giving info about your show. He’s under no obligation to do so regardless of how it’s bigger and greater and more famous than the Superbowl, American Idol and Mash all combined. Give happy a try.

• Get Your Life says:

I don’t know who is more nutty…Scandal/Kerry Wash fans or Twilight fans. Seriously, some of you should get outside and breathe real air once in a while. Give Matt a break. This is still America, so let the man call the couple whatever he likes on HIS site.

25. kavyn says:

Is there ever a post like this without Scandal scoop? :P

26. Nony says:

I wish they’d give us some more information about Captain Hook. :(

27. frank says:

JR’s funeral is going to be epic! Sue Ellen will probably drink again. John Ross will ast out and Cliff will probably dance on his grave! The new Dallas is amazing.

28. loki says:

So ya’ll asked JMo about Regina? Hmm.. Swan Queen.

29. Quality articles or reviews is the crucial to attract the users to pay a quick visit the site, that’s what this site is providing.%7

30. papaka says:

Hi there, this weekend is good in support of me, for the reason that this time i am reading this great educational piece of writing here at my home.%7