Pilot News: Rockmond Dunbar, Peter Cambor and Homeland Vet Among the Latest Castings
Sons of Anarchy‘s Rockmond Dunbar has joined ABC’s Doubt, our sister site Deadline reports.
The legal drama from David Shore (House) centers around Vincent, a former cop-turned-charmingly low-rent lawyer who uses his street smarts and cunning to work the system for his clients while battling his own demons and wooing his ex-wife.
Dunbar will play Vincent’s former partner on the force and current confidante.
In addition to FX’s Anarchy, Dunbar’s credits include The Game, Terriers and Prison Break.
In other pilot casting news from Deadline…
• Peter Cambor (NCIS: LA, The Wedding Band) will star opposite Krysten Ritter in NBC’s Assistance. The Will Ferrell and Adam McKay-produced project finds Ritter’s working-girl assistant torn between her “work husband” and her longtime boyfriend (Cambor) while trying to manage a crazy boss.
• Homeland alum David Harewood is reteaming with the producers of the hit Showtime series for CBS’ Anatomy of Violence. Written and executive produced by Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Alex Cary, the drama centers on Raines, a criminal psychologist with an expertise in sociopaths who partners with a young female detective with whom he shares a conflicted past. Harewood will play Alejo, Special Agent in Charge, a celebrated profiler and Raines’ boss and friend.
• Joe Egender (Alcatraz) has landed a role in Fox’s To My Future Assistant as a sarcastic paralegal who works for Catherine O’Hara’s powerful lawyer. The potential series is based on a blog and upcoming book of the same name by Lydia Whitlock.
• The CW has founded another member of The Tomorrow People: Australian actor Luke Mitchell (Home and Away). Adapted from the 1970s UK series by Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries) and Greg Berlanti (Arrow), the sci-fi project chronicles a group of young people who represent the next stage in human evolution and work together to defeat the forces of evil. Mitchell’s John Young possesses a specialty in teleportation and is instrumental in recruiting other gifted people.
• Malese Jow (The Vampire Diaries) and Titus Makin Jr. (Glee) have been cast in The CW’s Oxygen, which follows Emery, a teen girl (played by Aimee Teegarden) who falls in love with an alien boy, one of nine of his kind integrated into a suburban high school. Jow will play Julia, a sick girl who may get a second chance at life thanks to the aliens, while Makin Jr. is Emery’s goofy and cute best friend.