Pilot Scoop: Veronica Mars' Ryan Hansen Joins the Faculty of CBS' Bad Teacher

RHansenRyan Hansen has signed on to CBS’ Bad Teacher, TVLine has learned.

Based on the 2011 Cameron Diaz flick, the single-camera comedy stars Ari Graynor (Fringe) as Meredith Davis, a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get All the Scoop on This Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Might that future hubby be Hansen’s Joel, the shorts-sporting athletic coach at Nixon Middle School?

David Alan Grier (In Living Color) co-stars as the school’s principal. Community and Happy Endings scribe Hilary Winston wrote the script and will serve as an EP alongside the team behind the film version, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupinsky.

Veronica Mars and Party Down alum, Hansen also has appeared on Parenthood, Happy Endings and Royal Pains. He recently wrapped an arc as Candy Andy on the Eye Network’s 2 Broke Girls.

1. George says:

I hardly pay attention to CBS pilot scoop since I never watch there shows, but most of there comedy pilots this year sound worth checking out.

2. Babybop says:

I love him… But I can’t imagine this being a good show.

• Martoukian says:

I liked the movie, but it doesn’t seem a likely project to convert to a sitcom. Plus, Ryan Hansen seems like he’d be a better replacement for Justin Timberlake than for Jason Segel.

3. Sarah says:

Ugh. I want him to be in something better.

4. mia says:

So no more Candy Andy?! I thought he and Caroline were so wonderful together. And Ryan had great chemistry with the whole cast, fit in really well.
    Oh well, wish him luck. I’ll check this out – he’s super funny and charming

• Chicago Dan says:

Don’t worry, this should probably won’t get picked up. The funny thing about all the press coverage of pilots and casting is that only a small minority actually get picked up to series and then we know the success rate of those that do.

5. Andie says:

I love Ryan Hansen, but I really can’t stand Ari Graynor, so I don’t think I can watch this show.

6. Gilda says:

So he’s the Jason Segal character’s equivalent, right?

7. Mari says:

Good for him!

8. Eliza says:

Aww, I loved Candy Andy and his relationship/friendship with Caroline/Max. Thought he was such a nice addition to 2 Broke Girls.
    I really like Ryan Hansen.

9. Pepper says:

I feel so stupid. I watched both Veronica Mars and Party Down, and when he appeared on 2 Broke Girls, I was like: “he seems so familiar”. And a couple of episodes had to pass when I finally realized he’s Dick Casablancas.

He looks so much better with his Candy Andy hair, it’s amazing.

10. Belinda says:

So that’s 2 alums from Veronica Mars for this show. Love Ryan Hansen so really hoping this works out for him.

11. Beth Ann says:

I’ll watch this only because Ryan Hansen is in it! He’s so cute, he makes me feel erotic!

12. MelindaB says:

I’m a Ryan Hansen fan, but I don’t think I’ll be watching this. Maybe he and Jason Dohring can be on a show together.

• Martoukian says:

There’s only maybe a 1 in 10 chance you’ll ever get a *chance* to watch this–it’s only a pilot at this point, and it hasn’t even been filmed yet.