Pilot Scoop: Veronica Mars' Ryan Hansen Joins the Faculty of CBS' Bad Teacher

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

RHansenRyan Hansen has signed on to CBS’ Bad Teacher, TVLine has learned.

Based on the 2011 Cameron Diaz flick, the single-camera comedy stars Ari Graynor (Fringe) as Meredith Davis, a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get All the Scoop on This Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Might that future hubby be Hansen’s Joel, the shorts-sporting athletic coach at Nixon Middle School?

David Alan Grier (In Living Color) co-stars as the school’s principal. Community and Happy Endings scribe Hilary Winston wrote the script and will serve as an EP alongside the team behind the film version, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupinsky.

Veronica Mars and Party Down alum, Hansen also has appeared on Parenthood, Happy Endings and Royal Pains. He recently wrapped an arc as Candy Andy on the Eye Network’s 2 Broke Girls.

Comments (19)

• I hardly pay attention to CBS pilot scoop since I never watch there shows, but most of there comedy pilots this year sound worth checking out.

Comment by George – February 21, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s true, CBS and their shows generally appeal to people who can spell.

Comment by Martoukian – February 22, 2013 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ***Their shows

Comment by Brian – February 22, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love him… But I can’t imagine this being a good show.

Comment by Babybop – February 21, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked the movie, but it doesn’t seem a likely project to convert to a sitcom. Plus, Ryan Hansen seems like he’d be a better replacement for Justin Timberlake than for Jason Segel.

Comment by Martoukian – February 22, 2013 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I want him to be in something better.

Comment by Sarah – February 21, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by Alia – February 21, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So no more Candy Andy?! I thought he and Caroline were so wonderful together. And Ryan had great chemistry with the whole cast, fit in really well.
    Oh well, wish him luck. I’ll check this out – he’s super funny and charming

Comment by mia – February 21, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry, this should probably won’t get picked up. The funny thing about all the press coverage of pilots and casting is that only a small minority actually get picked up to series and then we know the success rate of those that do.

Comment by Chicago Dan – February 21, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ryan Hansen, but I really can’t stand Ari Graynor, so I don’t think I can watch this show.

Comment by Andie – February 21, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So he’s the Jason Segal character’s equivalent, right?

Comment by Gilda – February 21, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for him!

Comment by Mari – February 21, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww, I loved Candy Andy and his relationship/friendship with Caroline/Max. Thought he was such a nice addition to 2 Broke Girls.
    I really like Ryan Hansen.

Comment by Eliza – February 21, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel so stupid. I watched both Veronica Mars and Party Down, and when he appeared on 2 Broke Girls, I was like: “he seems so familiar”. And a couple of episodes had to pass when I finally realized he’s Dick Casablancas.

He looks so much better with his Candy Andy hair, it’s amazing.

Comment by Pepper – February 21, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So that’s 2 alums from Veronica Mars for this show. Love Ryan Hansen so really hoping this works out for him.

Comment by Belinda – February 21, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch this only because Ryan Hansen is in it! He’s so cute, he makes me feel erotic!

Comment by Beth Ann – February 21, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a Ryan Hansen fan, but I don’t think I’ll be watching this. Maybe he and Jason Dohring can be on a show together.

Comment by MelindaB – February 21, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s only maybe a 1 in 10 chance you’ll ever get a *chance* to watch this–it’s only a pilot at this point, and it hasn’t even been filmed yet.

Comment by Martoukian – February 22, 2013 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post