What to Watch Tonight: Bud Bundy Visits Modern Family, Trouble for CSI's Sara/Gil and More

JULIE BOWEN, DAVID FAUSTINO, TY BURRELLOn TV this Wednesday: David Faustino meets his former TV dad’s Modern FamilyCSI Sara Sidle finds itself in multiple kinds of trouble and Necessary Roughness hurls a Hail Mary in the season’s final moments. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

6 pm The BRIT Awards 2013 (Fuse) | Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, One Direction, Robbie Williams, Mumford & Sons and others are scheduled to perform at the UK’s annual music-awards fête.

PREVIEW | Arrow Fave on Felicity’s Smokin’ Makeover, Being Oliver’s Wingman, Her Wiki Page and More

8 pm Whitney (NBC) | Whitney’s dad gives her $5,000, which changes hands among the friends until it lands with Roxanne – where it’s not likely to stay for long….

8:30 pm The Neighbors (ABC) | Larry and Reggie, obsessed with winning an Oscar, videotape the school spelling bee in a bid for the Best Documentary trophy. (Wait, guys? Is ABC broadcasting the Academy Awards in four days or something?)

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | As the BAU heads to Austin to investigate a new crime, the UnSub stalking them gets a little bit closer.

9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Married… with Children sorta-but-non-reunion! David Faustino guest-stars as Claire attends a college reunion, while Jay obsesses over winning a bowling tournament and baby Fulgencio suffers a wig malfunction during an elaborate photo shoot at Cam and Mitchell’s.

RELATED | Hot for Winter: Your February Premieres and Finales Calendar

10 pm Necessary Roughness (USA Network) | Season 2 finale: Dani makes a decision about Matt and Nico, and a secret threatens the Hawks’ entire season. (Yep, already renewed.)

10 pm CSI (CBS) | Not a great week for Sara. Not only is she the lead suspect in a murder investigation, but her separation from Grissom begins to take a big toll.

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Cruz’s anguish puts him and his fellow firefighters in jeopardy; Casey tries to work things out with his mother and sister.

10 pm Mad About Oscar With Katie Couric (ABC) | In this special, extra-fluffy edition of 20/20, Couric interviews this year’s Academy Award nominees (like Silver Lining Playbook‘s Bradley Cooper and Lincoln‘s Sally Field) as well as former emcees (like Billy Crystal) and offers up some rare footage – like behind-the-scenes film from Gone With the Wind set.

10 pm Southland (TNT) | Mendoza is injured in a drive-by, and Ben takes it upon himself to solve the case. (Sammy’s really not happy about that.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (38)

• Arrow, Supernatural and Chicago Fire :)

Comment by Elyse – February 20, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One each for me, please. :)

Comment by jules – February 20, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville of course, plus arrow, modern fam, suburgatory, and supernatural

Comment by Juan – February 20, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nashville isn’t new tonight :(

Comment by Elyse – February 20, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nashville isn’t on at all….

Comment by GS – February 20, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney, Survivor, Arrow, Suburgatory, Arctic Air, and CougarTown (its on Wednesdays here)

Comment by mia – February 20, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, good, I’m glad to see someone mention Whitney. I really like this show. They’ve struggled with some cast changes and changes to the show, adding the bar and the new bartender, etc., but, bottom-line, it’s really well-written and very funny and I hope it sticks around for a while, ’cause I like it.

Comment by Drew – February 20, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a Sara Sidle fan at all. But CSI. Want to know what really is going on btwn her and Gil (besides being physically separated like forever). My one tiny hope is that it paves a way for Grissom to make a return in some capacity. I know that is not likely but you never know.

Otherwise, tonight DVR/On Demand catch up.

Comment by kirads09 – February 20, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve watched CSI from the beginning but I have to say I am not a Sara Sidle fan either. I used to be but this Grissom separation thing just annoys me. There is baring any character development on this show. We get crumbs of things but come on…..I would like there to be a little involvement in some of their personal lives. Like Nick. I’m ranting now….I’ll stop. :)

Comment by Kim R – February 20, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I quit watching CSI when Grissom left. I can’t stand the Sara Sidle character and that Hodgen’s character is just as annoying. I did enjoy the crossover episode with CSI NY though and thought Ted Danson did a decent job as the boss.

Comment by Tracy Hazenstab (@tlh45) – February 20, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, I like Ted Danson quite well and the crossover episodes with CSI NY were great. I just think they need to put a period at the end of the sentence on the Grissom/Sidle thing and give us a little more to care about in these characters that work together but don’t seem to have anything else going on. We’ve seen a bit of DB’s life and Fin’s but it is not enough for these people that have been there for so many seasons. Not for me anyway.

Comment by Kim R – February 20, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree, hate Sara, think that relationship destroyed Grissoms character. End it and bring back Madam What’s-her-name for Grissom. Now there’s an interesting pairing! I also want to see more of the characters besides Hodges, he was amusing with Wendy, but now yawn. Greg and Morgan would be fun to see together, in fact the ep with Greg and Dita Von Teese was the best of recent efforts. I’m tired of just seeing Hodges, Finn and DB all the time, although DB is the best leader since Grissom. End of my rant!

Comment by Huskygrl – February 20, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think you mean Lady Heather and I agree! She was much more interesting and better suited for Grissom. I tried to hang in after Grissom left but it just wasn’t the same. Then they tried to show more Hodges and he is just annoying. I finally gave up.

Comment by Jackson – February 20, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes! Lady Heather, that’s her name – thanks! Way more interesting than crabby pants Sara, and Grissom was originally written as kind of freaky in the early days which made him much more interesting than just being Sara’s daddy figure. Eww and ick!

Comment by Huskygrl – February 20, 2013 09:21 PM PDT
        • There was always a small group of fans who were totally set on the idea of Grissom and Lady Heather and I gotta say I don’t get it at all- the woman is a nutcase. The last time she appeared she was a therapist (which is a laugh in itself) having her patients pretend to be animals??? I can’t imagine Grissom taking her seriously now, and she’s not someone he could share his life/interests with. I’m guessing people liked her because she’s hot, and she is, but yeah definitely understand why Grissom hit it and then QUIT it. Totally ridiculous character and hope she never comes back, though I’d be almost interested to see what bizarre crap they’d have her up to.

Comment by Lori – February 20, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And on the flip side…. it’s not like Grissom would be such a treat as a boyfriend. Someone like Catherine would never have tolerated him. Sara was written as a love interest for Grissom from day #1 and I can’t picture him with anyone else on the show- two difficult, complicated people who probably few others would be able to put up with.

Comment by Lori – February 20, 2013 12:13 PM PDT
        • “bring back Madam What’s-her-name for Grissom. Now there’s an interesting pairing!”
          Exactly! Lady Heather so much better than miss why are you STILL so angry all the time.

Comment by kirads09 – February 20, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Survivor, Arrow, Supernatural, Chicago Fire, Necessary Roughness, and The Americans. Big TV night at my house :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 20, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a huge Sara Sidle fan and have been since I was a kid. Easily one of my top 5 TV characters of all time. She’s the only reason I still watch CSI so obviously I am always happy to see her featured more, however I am not looking forward to her breakup w/ Grissom (which seems like where they are heading) and I see no reason for it. After all they’ve been through, why break them up now? They could easily have Grissom living in Vegas and just mention him every now and then. I too hold out hope for a William Petersen appearence but they’ve already said not this season- which sucks but still is no reason to break this fan favorite couple up. And those who didn’t like them getting together have clearly gotten over it by now so… what’s the point of a breakup?

Comment by KS – February 20, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you.

Comment by Eileen – February 20, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree as well.

Comment by MAS – February 20, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll third that! Well said.

Comment by Jen – February 20, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never gotten the hate for Sara Sidle. I’ve always liked the fact that she’s tough and vulnerable at the same time. I was not a big fan of GSR, but they didn’t shove it in our faces, so I was indifferent. Even though Billy P is still an exec producer of CSI, he doesn’t seem to have an interest in being on the show, which is his choice. It’s better to free Sara than to keep her tied to an imaginary marriage. Free her up. Perhaps the end game is that when CSI eventually ends, Grissom returns for Sara and we get that type of ending (sort of like ER?)

Tonight: Arrow, CSI, Southland

Comment by Chicago Dan – February 20, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Southland (a must watch). On Demand: Chicago Fire.

Comment by Tran – February 20, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch CSI since mid of season 6 but let me tell you GSR thing was the worst pairing of all time in TV, with that they destroy Grissom characther. So i’m glad that stupid pairing is over even if i don’t watch the show anymore.
    And now I will dream that Grissom and Cath are together.

Comment by Mandy – February 20, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grissom and Sara are/were my favorite tv couple of all time. If they break them up, I will be profoundly sad and disappointed. I can’t fathom why they would do that. I won’t watch if that’s the case.

Comment by Jenna – February 20, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I never liked Sara and Grissom together. I always thought that the dominatrix lady or Catherine was a better match for him. He just seemed too much like a father figure than a lover to Sara.

Comment by Jillian – February 20, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle and Suburgatory for me tonight.

Comment by Babybop – February 20, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural and SouthLAnd are the must-see shows of the night at my house!

Comment by Erin – February 20, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Grissom and Sara together and always have- however even for those who didn’t/don’t, Sara is really the only link between a beloved character and the face of the series. If they break up, there is zero chance/reason Grissom will ever appear on the show again. He only did an appearance in season 11 because Jorja Fox asked him to. Bad news even for Grissom fans (and come on, who didn’t love Grissom?) who didn’t like him with Sara.

Sara is the best character they have left (which doesn’t say a ton, but still) and I’d love to see them do more with her and for her to be happy for God’s sake.
    Nick is dull as dirt and he isn’t even good looking anymore. It really seemed like they were setting him up to be almost lead status but they’ve pulled away from him this season, probably because they realized how boring he is. The best storyline they can muster is about him and a dog.

I like DB but it’s hard to fully accept any Grissom replacement. Finn and Brody are useless, and who cares about a minor character like Hodges’ love life?

Comment by Paulie – February 20, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the cast on Survivor so much this time around I’ll only watch the tribals from now on to see someone get kicked out. I’ll also be watching EastEnders on my local PBS affiliate WLIW/Ch 21 at 10 pm because that bunny boiler Sarah will finally get the s**t smacked out of her by the wife of the guy she’s been stalking.

Comment by TMW – February 20, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Supernatural with Criminal Minds on the DVR!

Comment by Tracy Hazenstab (@tlh45) – February 20, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the middle, supernatural, subagortory

Comment by ollie – February 20, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Top Chef, Chicago Fire, Southland, Modern Family

Comment by Roni – February 20, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal MInds
    CSI

Comment by SK – February 20, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family, Arrow, Supernatural, and The Americans

Comment by Andy – February 20, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI,SOUTHLAND, CRIMINAL MINDS (GREAT SHOW) WAS SHOCKED ABOUT SARA AND GRISSOM BREAKING UP, ANY CHANCE HE WILL BE BACK ON CSI? LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS DO NOT WORK

Comment by LINDA FLANAGAN – February 28, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post