Pilot Scoop: Fringe Actress Is CBS' Bad Teacher

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Ari Graynor Bad Teacher CBS Pilot CastFringe alum Ari Graynor is going to the head of the class as the star of CBS’ pilot adaptation of Bad Teacher, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Based on the 2011 Cameron Diaz flick, the single camera comedy project finds Graynor starring as Meredith Davis, a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband.

David Alan Grier co-stars as Graynor’s character’s boss, Principal Carl Gaines.

RELATED | Exclusive: Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv Likely to Skip 2013 Pilot Season

Community and Happy Endings scribe Hilary Winston wrote the script and will serve as an EP alongside the team behind the film version, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupinsky.

Graynor, who played Olivia’s younger sister on Fringe, is known mostly for her independent film work (Celeste and Jesse Forever, Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist). Sopranos fans will also remember her as Meadow’s college roomie Caitlin.

Comments (39)

• Fringe actress?? Way to get us excited you were talking about Anna Torv!

Comment by Sandy – February 19, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh get over it, the world doesn’t revolve around your overrated Anna Torv.

Comment by Pattybelle – February 19, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh but the world does revolve around Anna Torv, didn’t you know that? NOT Joshua Jackson, who you are no doubt a fan of, which is why you are always dumping on Anna! Get a life woman, and go watch reruns of Dawson Creek and leave those who know good talent alone!And no I don’t hate Josh, I just don’t care about anything to do with him! He wasn’t my favorite actor before Fringe and he still isn’t! I watched Fringe for Anna Torv, second John Nobel, third Jasika Nicole, and forth Blair Brown! Other then of course the story itself! Josh wasn’t that interesting to me, never has been!I will be glad when all his fans stop hounding everything that has anything to do with Anna Torv, just so they can put her and her fans down! Its them who has turned me off of Josh completely, before I had nothing against him! But now, I can’t stand the sight of him! Because all I think about is the nasty things people say about Anna and John both, just because they think he’s so dreamy!

Comment by NikkiMartel – February 19, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Go to hell.

Comment by Pattybelle – February 19, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I hope Anna stays in australia. Anna Torv fans, kiss my black ass.

Comment by Pattybelle – February 19, 2013 09:19 PM PDT
        • Btw, BITCH, it wasn’t me who mentioned Anna torv in the first place so take your josh hating, obsessive Anna torv loving ASS and go to hell. I hate you.

Comment by Pattybelle – February 19, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Can someone ban this moron above? And Pattybelle, you sound fat.

Comment by Truth – February 20, 2013 05:46 AM PDT
          • Let me tell you something, all I said was the world doesn’t revolve around Anna and LEFT IT AT THAT but this nikkimartel bitch had to go and bash JOSHUA JACKSON. she pissed me off cause I am sick of Anna fans acting like nobody else from fringe is allowed to find work.

Comment by Pattybelle – February 20, 2013 07:04 AM PDT
          • Pattybelle your reply makes no sense at all.

Comment by stark – February 20, 2013 07:22 AM PDT
          • No Patty, you didn’t just leave it at that. Maybe you should read your comments again. You are the only one, who’s trolling, trshing and using explicit language.

Comment by dennis – February 20, 2013 07:39 AM PDT
          • Of course NOBODY says anything about nikkimartels post. She trashes Joshua jackson and that’s acceptable. Typical.

Comment by Pattybelle – February 20, 2013 07:44 AM PDT
          • Please, can we all get along? :)

Comment by stark – February 20, 2013 07:50 AM PDT
      • I see you are still trolling Pattybelle,very poor.

Comment by coil – February 19, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Torv already said she is skipping pilot season I believe.Or was that Jackson?Or both?lol

Comment by Shaun – February 19, 2013 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Anna definently said that she was skipping this pilot season. Not sure about Jackson.

Comment by Cameron – February 20, 2013 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Both of them are skipping 2013 pilot season.
          TVLine article “Exclusive: Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv Likely to Skip 2013 Pilot Season After Fringe Wraps”.

Comment by coil – February 20, 2013 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They know that that movie was horrible right?

Comment by Jeff – February 19, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont even remeber her face. had to google it to find out she played olivs sis.. lol

Comment by Charles – February 19, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even though it said in the article “Graynor, who played Olivia’s younger sister on Fringe…”

Comment by DanK – February 19, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, she’s hilarious! If you have doubts, check out “For a Good Time, Call…”

I might have to check this out.

Comment by a – February 19, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched, and it was very good indie flick and so funny! Seth Rogen had awesome cameo in it, if you remember scene in toilet :D
      She is good acquisition for this show, talented and comedy-oriented.

Comment by Liz Lemon – February 19, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her in nick and Norah’s playlist. Girl was hilarious

Comment by Rebecca – February 19, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully they do a better job than the movie did. It was awful. But I adore Ari, so I am sure it will be good.

Comment by Mandy – February 19, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, she is so look – like to Anna Torv, it was good casting for her sister. It’s shame she wasn’t more around in Fringe. Bad teacher was funny movie. Looking forward to this.

Comment by Liz Lemon – February 19, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They changed the timeline and her sister died in that one I think.

Comment by Shaun – February 19, 2013 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome choice! Ari is great at comedy.

Comment by Sally – February 19, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect choice! I read the script of the movie before it came out and thought it was much better than the final result. Hopefully this will be as mean spirited and hilarious as that script, either way, I’ll check out the pilot. I hope this will be free from a laugh track…

Comment by Sam – February 19, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article says its a single-camera comedy, so I’d bet my bottom dollar that it is 100% laugh track-free.

Comment by Eric – February 19, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very underrated Actress. Glad she got a big time pilot

Comment by ggny – February 19, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Love Ari, wishing all the best.

Comment by coil – February 19, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A shame that she disappeared along with Ella after Season 3.

I still think it would’ve been interesting for the alternate Olivia to interact with her dead sister and non-niece… but, twas not to be.

Comment by Paul Penna – February 19, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOD SEND THE ANGELS! thank god it wasn’t Anna Torv!!!!!! way to go ari!

Comment by Pattybelle – February 19, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who?

Comment by bobbie – February 19, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, as a Fringe fan can we talk about ARI here??? She’s great. She’s funny, and this can be a great show for her talents. She was always greatly missed on Fringe.

Comment by Donna – February 20, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BTW i always like Ari Graynor and i missed her and little Ella on Fringe.Good to see her back. :)

Comment by stark – February 20, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Glad to see her get a lead role :)

Comment by Lipstick Socialism – February 20, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should get Lucy Punch back since ben and kate is canceled. Actually lucy would have been a good choice to take over Cameron’s role.

Comment by Jason – February 20, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post