Pilot Scoop: Fringe Actress Is CBS' Bad Teacher

Ari Graynor Bad Teacher CBS Pilot CastFringe alum Ari Graynor is going to the head of the class as the star of CBS’ pilot adaptation of Bad Teacher, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Based on the 2011 Cameron Diaz flick, the single camera comedy project finds Graynor starring as Meredith Davis, a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband.

David Alan Grier co-stars as Graynor’s character’s boss, Principal Carl Gaines.

RELATED | Exclusive: Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv Likely to Skip 2013 Pilot Season

Community and Happy Endings scribe Hilary Winston wrote the script and will serve as an EP alongside the team behind the film version, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupinsky.

Graynor, who played Olivia’s younger sister on Fringe, is known mostly for her independent film work (Celeste and Jesse Forever, Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist). Sopranos fans will also remember her as Meadow’s college roomie Caitlin.

1. Sandy says:

Fringe actress?? Way to get us excited you were talking about Anna Torv!

• Pattybelle says:

Oh get over it, the world doesn’t revolve around your overrated Anna Torv.

• NikkiMartel says:

Oh but the world does revolve around Anna Torv, didn’t you know that? NOT Joshua Jackson, who you are no doubt a fan of, which is why you are always dumping on Anna! Get a life woman, and go watch reruns of Dawson Creek and leave those who know good talent alone!And no I don’t hate Josh, I just don’t care about anything to do with him! He wasn’t my favorite actor before Fringe and he still isn’t! I watched Fringe for Anna Torv, second John Nobel, third Jasika Nicole, and forth Blair Brown! Other then of course the story itself! Josh wasn’t that interesting to me, never has been!I will be glad when all his fans stop hounding everything that has anything to do with Anna Torv, just so they can put her and her fans down! Its them who has turned me off of Josh completely, before I had nothing against him! But now, I can’t stand the sight of him! Because all I think about is the nasty things people say about Anna and John both, just because they think he’s so dreamy!

• coil says:

I see you are still trolling Pattybelle,very poor.

• Shaun says:

Torv already said she is skipping pilot season I believe.Or was that Jackson?Or both?lol

2. Jeff says:

They know that that movie was horrible right?

3. Charles says:

dont even remeber her face. had to google it to find out she played olivs sis.. lol

4. a says:

Oh, she’s hilarious! If you have doubts, check out “For a Good Time, Call…”

I might have to check this out.

• Liz Lemon says:

I watched, and it was very good indie flick and so funny! Seth Rogen had awesome cameo in it, if you remember scene in toilet :D
      She is good acquisition for this show, talented and comedy-oriented.

5. Rebecca says:

Loved her in nick and Norah’s playlist. Girl was hilarious

6. Mandy says:

Hopefully they do a better job than the movie did. It was awful. But I adore Ari, so I am sure it will be good.

7. Liz Lemon says:

WOW, she is so look – like to Anna Torv, it was good casting for her sister. It’s shame she wasn’t more around in Fringe. Bad teacher was funny movie. Looking forward to this.

8. Sally says:

Awesome choice! Ari is great at comedy.

9. Sam says:

Perfect choice! I read the script of the movie before it came out and thought it was much better than the final result. Hopefully this will be as mean spirited and hilarious as that script, either way, I’ll check out the pilot. I hope this will be free from a laugh track…

10. ggny says:

Very underrated Actress. Glad she got a big time pilot

11. Paul Penna says:

A shame that she disappeared along with Ella after Season 3.

I still think it would’ve been interesting for the alternate Olivia to interact with her dead sister and non-niece… but, twas not to be.

12. Pattybelle says:

GOD SEND THE ANGELS! thank god it wasn’t Anna Torv!!!!!! way to go ari!

13. Donna says:

Um, as a Fringe fan can we talk about ARI here??? She’s great. She’s funny, and this can be a great show for her talents. She was always greatly missed on Fringe.

14. stark says:

BTW i always like Ari Graynor and i missed her and little Ella on Fringe.Good to see her back. :)

15. Lipstick Socialism says:

Yay! Glad to see her get a lead role :)

16. Jason says:

They should get Lucy Punch back since ben and kate is canceled. Actually lucy would have been a good choice to take over Cameron’s role.