Ratings: Touch Down to Match All-Time Low, The Job and CSI: NY Drop, Nikita... Was Missed

TOUCH_203-SCA13_0099Fox’s Touch softened further in its second Season 2 outing, dropping 30 and 22 percent on Friday night to 2.53 million total viewers and a 0.7 rating (matching the series low set by that random Sept. 2012 leftover).

For those who want to go there, Fringe‘s series low, registered shortly before its grand finale, was 2.44 mil/0.8. But that’s just me being me; Fringe absolutely ended when it should have.

Of note: Friday TV usage as a whole, leading into the long holiday weekend, was down 7 percent.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Also dropping sharply was CBS’ The Job, which at 3.37 mil/0.7 was down 16 and 22 percent from its premiere. That set up the penultimate Season 9 episode of CSI: NY (8.5 mil/1.2) for declines of 11 and 25 percent. Blue Bloods capped the Eye’s night with 10.6 mil/1.4, dipping just a few percentage points.

RELATED | Your February Premieres and Finales Calendar

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6.7 mil/1.4) was down 9 percent and a tenth, while Malibu Country (5.7 mil/1.1) slipped 7 percent and two tenths. Shark Tank led the night in the demo by holding steady at 1.8 and added a few eyeballs (hitting 6.43 mil). 20/20 was Friday’s only gainer, rising double digits to 5.6 mil/1.5.

NBC’s Dateline (6.7 mil/1.3) ticked down a tenth, as did Rock Center (4.9 mil/1.1).

The CW’s presentation of the 2009 movie Paper Heart drew 612,000 viewers and a 0.2 rating, down 54 and 60 percent from Nikita‘s most recent numbers. But surely there was a reason for that programming choice…?

What were you watching this Friday night, if not Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera?

1. CSI NY….was awesome last night!

2. ndavika says:

I was watching Nikita, on Netflix & DVR & impatiently waiting for 3×11 on the 22nd!

• kat says:

I am SO impatient for next Friday’s ep. I’m really hoping the show can keep it’s ratings momentum or even build slightly. I think the Black Badge promo is probably the best single episode promo they’ve done this season, and the movie trailer-esque multi-episode trailer they released two days ago is just epic beyond words. I hope we can pick up a few more viewers!

3. kat says:

My guess at CWs reason for airing a VD movie instead of Nikita – so that Nikita wasn’t the one hitting dismal numbers while everyone was out on their Valentine’s dates that they left until Friday so they didn’t have to worry about work the next day.

4. Kevin says:

Hate to see Touch getting canceled if the series’ ratings doesn’t hold up for the rest of the season. Hope CBS may cancel The Job soon and CSI: NY could come to an end after nine seasons just like CSI: Miami did last season after the David Caruso series came to an end for ten seasons.

5. paul says:

I so agree about CSI NY! It was truly awesome solving cases and tying in 3 love stories at the same time.

6. M says:

I understand why Fox renewed Touch, but are these numbers really a surprise to anyone? It was pretty clear by the end of last season that the show was a total dud.

• rainey13 says:

Actually, I’m enjoying the retooled Touch. I like that it has a little more action to it now, and Maria Bello is a nice addition.

• MaryAnn says:

I watched the first episode of Touch last season and just couldn’t stomach it. Then I heard that this season had been retooled to be more exciting and suspenseful, and to “be more like 24.” I decided to check it out. I’m sold! Anyone who has even the slightest interest in the series should check out the new season and give it a chance!

• CAM says:

Actually, I am finding touch to be much improved this season. I love the addition of Maria Bello and the stronger relationship between Martin and Jake makes the story more interesting. Here’s hoping we at least get to see the full season 2 episodes.

• chistosa says:

Agree with the above posters. My husband was a fan last season so I tolerated it but was unimpressed. The addition of Maria Bello this year has made a huge difference and the communication between Jake and Martin is so much better. Also, having Jake want to be more like other children has added a different dynamic. The way the Maria Bello character “parents” Jake vs. Martin is also an added plus. I hope the network gives the program a bit longer to prove itself as it is so much better this year.

7. Tina says:

Maybe the networks should think about waiting so long to air shows…people have stopped waiting for them!

8. “Fringe absolutely ended when it should have.” Over Here. Over There, it’s still going strong.

9. Linda says:

I will be so upset if they cancel CST:NY. Miami sucked. 1st season Touch was so much better than 2 has even thought of being. As for Fringe, not enough people got to know the show soon enough. If you take into account the twitter ratings and DVR ratings, which they are doing now with shows, I don’t think the show would have been cancelled when it was. In the alt world it is still on TV.

10. greysfan says:

Just proves Terra Nova SHOULD HAVE BEEN RENEWED!

11. Kris says:

Maybe this will inspire Kiefer to get to work on that ’24’ movie!!

12. Whiteacre says:

Love The Job! Wish they would have advertised it more.

13. Ruby says:

We were traveling out of town and we made a point to watch CSI:NY!!!!!!!!!! in our hotel room. Great show and we would not miss it !!!!!!!!!

14. MaryAnn says:

The Valentines Day episode of “CSI:NY” this past Friday just left me totally smiling and feeling good! It was quirky, it was sentimental, it was gritty. Love and murder with a touch of sentiment and humor. Best episode all season! And this from someone who really loves the show. :)
    qqqqqqqqqq

15. Kaycee says:

They shouldn’t have kept post-poning Touch. It just makes people forget about the show. It’s ashame because I love the show!

16. CJ says:

I figured Charlyne Yi had something on the president of the CW.