Ratings: Touch Down to Match All-Time Low, The Job and CSI: NY Drop, Nikita… Was Missed

Get More: News, Ratings

TOUCH_203-SCA13_0099Fox’s Touch softened further in its second Season 2 outing, dropping 30 and 22 percent on Friday night to 2.53 million total viewers and a 0.7 rating (matching the series low set by that random Sept. 2012 leftover).

For those who want to go there, Fringe‘s series low, registered shortly before its grand finale, was 2.44 mil/0.8. But that’s just me being me; Fringe absolutely ended when it should have.

Of note: Friday TV usage as a whole, leading into the long holiday weekend, was down 7 percent.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Also dropping sharply was CBS’ The Job, which at 3.37 mil/0.7 was down 16 and 22 percent from its premiere. That set up the penultimate Season 9 episode of CSI: NY (8.5 mil/1.2) for declines of 11 and 25 percent. Blue Bloods capped the Eye’s night with 10.6 mil/1.4, dipping just a few percentage points.

RELATED | Your February Premieres and Finales Calendar

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6.7 mil/1.4) was down 9 percent and a tenth, while Malibu Country (5.7 mil/1.1) slipped 7 percent and two tenths. Shark Tank led the night in the demo by holding steady at 1.8 and added a few eyeballs (hitting 6.43 mil). 20/20 was Friday’s only gainer, rising double digits to 5.6 mil/1.5.

NBC’s Dateline (6.7 mil/1.3) ticked down a tenth, as did Rock Center (4.9 mil/1.1).

The CW’s presentation of the 2009 movie Paper Heart drew 612,000 viewers and a 0.2 rating, down 54 and 60 percent from Nikita‘s most recent numbers. But surely there was a reason for that programming choice…?

What were you watching this Friday night, if not Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera?

Comments (26)

• CSI NY….was awesome last night!

Comment by Tracy Hazenstab (@tlh45) – February 16, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was watching Nikita, on Netflix & DVR & impatiently waiting for 3×11 on the 22nd!

Comment by ndavika – February 16, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am SO impatient for next Friday’s ep. I’m really hoping the show can keep it’s ratings momentum or even build slightly. I think the Black Badge promo is probably the best single episode promo they’ve done this season, and the movie trailer-esque multi-episode trailer they released two days ago is just epic beyond words. I hope we can pick up a few more viewers!

Comment by kat – February 16, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess at CWs reason for airing a VD movie instead of Nikita – so that Nikita wasn’t the one hitting dismal numbers while everyone was out on their Valentine’s dates that they left until Friday so they didn’t have to worry about work the next day.

Comment by kat – February 16, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s balderdash! If anyone’s putting off their V-Day plans a day, it’s to dodge the exorbitant mark-up on prix fixe dinner reservations ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 16, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Of course, silly me, what was I thinking.

Comment by kat – February 16, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate to see Touch getting canceled if the series’ ratings doesn’t hold up for the rest of the season. Hope CBS may cancel The Job soon and CSI: NY could come to an end after nine seasons just like CSI: Miami did last season after the David Caruso series came to an end for ten seasons.

Comment by Kevin – February 16, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so agree about CSI NY! It was truly awesome solving cases and tying in 3 love stories at the same time.

Comment by paul – February 16, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand why Fox renewed Touch, but are these numbers really a surprise to anyone? It was pretty clear by the end of last season that the show was a total dud.

Comment by M – February 16, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I’m enjoying the retooled Touch. I like that it has a little more action to it now, and Maria Bello is a nice addition.

Comment by rainey13 – February 16, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched the first episode of Touch last season and just couldn’t stomach it. Then I heard that this season had been retooled to be more exciting and suspenseful, and to “be more like 24.” I decided to check it out. I’m sold! Anyone who has even the slightest interest in the series should check out the new season and give it a chance!

Comment by MaryAnn – February 17, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I am finding touch to be much improved this season. I love the addition of Maria Bello and the stronger relationship between Martin and Jake makes the story more interesting. Here’s hoping we at least get to see the full season 2 episodes.

Comment by CAM – February 17, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree with the above posters. My husband was a fan last season so I tolerated it but was unimpressed. The addition of Maria Bello this year has made a huge difference and the communication between Jake and Martin is so much better. Also, having Jake want to be more like other children has added a different dynamic. The way the Maria Bello character “parents” Jake vs. Martin is also an added plus. I hope the network gives the program a bit longer to prove itself as it is so much better this year.

Comment by chistosa – February 18, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe the networks should think about waiting so long to air shows…people have stopped waiting for them!

Comment by Tina – February 16, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Fringe absolutely ended when it should have.” Over Here. Over There, it’s still going strong.

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 16, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha totally. i agree. i miss the alternate world.

Comment by oliver – February 16, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be so upset if they cancel CST:NY. Miami sucked. 1st season Touch was so much better than 2 has even thought of being. As for Fringe, not enough people got to know the show soon enough. If you take into account the twitter ratings and DVR ratings, which they are doing now with shows, I don’t think the show would have been cancelled when it was. In the alt world it is still on TV.

Comment by Linda – February 16, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just proves Terra Nova SHOULD HAVE BEEN RENEWED!

Comment by greysfan – February 16, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TN was never my favorite show, but I agree. Fox may very well be doing worse than NBC. It sure sounds like it.

Comment by Emily – February 16, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS

Comment by luli – February 16, 2013 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this will inspire Kiefer to get to work on that ’24′ movie!!

Comment by Kris – February 16, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love The Job! Wish they would have advertised it more.

Comment by Whiteacre – February 16, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We were traveling out of town and we made a point to watch CSI:NY!!!!!!!!!! in our hotel room. Great show and we would not miss it !!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ruby – February 17, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Valentines Day episode of “CSI:NY” this past Friday just left me totally smiling and feeling good! It was quirky, it was sentimental, it was gritty. Love and murder with a touch of sentiment and humor. Best episode all season! And this from someone who really loves the show. :)
    qqqqqqqqqq

Comment by MaryAnn – February 17, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They shouldn’t have kept post-poning Touch. It just makes people forget about the show. It’s ashame because I love the show!

Comment by Kaycee – February 17, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I figured Charlyne Yi had something on the president of the CW.

Comment by CJ – February 18, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post