Exclusive Walking Dead Photos: The Governor vs. [Spoiler], Part 2? Plus — Is Andrea Wising Up?

Is it the rematch we’ve all been waiting for? Glancing at the first two of these three pics from Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead (AMC, 9/8c), it sure looks like Michonne and the Governor will be engaging in a shootout to the death!

PHOTOS | 30 Classic TV Couples TVLine Readers Desperately Miss

(Then again, they could just be photos of the archenemies at separate target practices.)

Below them, could that expression etched across Andrea’s face finally be that of her wising up? (We can but hope!)

Debate amongst yourselves in the comments below.

The Walking Dead Season 3 The GovernorThe Walking Dead Season 3 SpoilersThe Walking Dead - Season 3, Episode 10 Andrea

Photo Credit: Gene Page/AMC

Comments (37)

• Doesn’t she always have that expression?

Comment by Zed – February 15, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty much.

Comment by Mary Ann – February 15, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only the spoilers included someone standing over Andrea with a gun, while she had a bullet hole in her head.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – February 15, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :)

Comment by majamababe – February 15, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t agree more!

Comment by Adam-David – February 15, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Andrea is to far gone for me to ever like her. The way she walks around thinking that she’s just all that. Ugh! For me she brings the show down. Get rid of her.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 15, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Andrea, and Laurie Holden is really a beauty, but I saw this picture before (like the others) so, not so exclusive!

Comment by Vanessa – February 15, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, like a lot of people also dislike how clueless Andrea has been this season. That believe it or not is a good thing because it illustrates that viewers care about the show and its characters. But people need to accept the fact (like it or not) that Andrea IS the romantic female lead of the show. Some minor changes aside like Shane living longer in the show than in the comics and Sofia dying in the show where she remains alive in the comic book etc: unless the TV producers intend to wildly deviate from the comic book canon; Andrea and Rick are destined to get together. This means like it or not; Andrea is here to stay and we should simply enjoy the journey her character goes on which will include some high points and some low points.

Comment by The Kaibosh – February 15, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice spoiler, thanks.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 15, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re welcome.

Comment by The Kaibosh – February 15, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeah thanks for the ultimate potential spoil.

Comment by sam – March 27, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought that was obvious, even before I started reading the comics( a couple of weeks ago), I felt since Loris death, they would go this route.

Comment by Mike – February 15, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show has changed a lot from the comics. I definitely see them changing this. Andrea and Rick have been so changed from the books. The characters in the book falling for each other made sense, I could not possible see THESE two every fall in love. Robert Kirkman himself says he likes the show changing stuff from the books and wants to see it change even more in the future.

Comment by Jason Castleman (@lethargicj) – February 15, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If this does happen, it won’t be for awhile, they didn’t start their relationship until issue 90, so they could still make it believable down the line.

Comment by Mike – February 15, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think there will definitely have to be a lot of change in both characters for this to happen. As things stand now it would be very OOC.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 15, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except it was obvious from the moment Rick and Andrea met in season one that they were going down that route? And this is from someone who hasn’t read the comics. Just from watching the TV show, I’ve been waiting for the two of them to hook up already, because it was already hinted very well at in season one. Lori dying helps. And Andrea >>> Lori.

Comment by T – February 18, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First off, you’re saying Andrea has only been clueless this season? She’s been pretty clueless and generally useless for the entire show. Secondly, here we go again with these comic book-ers. It’s cool and great that you read them, but clearly this show is a different animal from the comics, as is evidence by the writers’ comments themselves. Not everything has to turn out the same. And as someone mentioned in this thread, serious changes would have to occur in both characters before Rick and Andrea (female romantic lead? Not sure where you’re getting this) would shack up.

Comment by Faster – February 16, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s hoping the writers continue to deviate from the comics and dispose of Andrea :-) :-) :-) The episodes in the first half of Season 3 without her were considerably better and easier to watch.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 15, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I hate Andrea right now, I hope they don’t kill her, she is so awesome in the comics, and Laurie Holden is good at what she is given, she just needs better material.

Comment by Mike – February 15, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But we’re not talking about the comics. We’re talking about the show and she’s far from awesome in that. I know the comic book readers like to compare the two but as many have pointed out or complained, depending on your perspective, the writers have deviated so much that it’s not a fair comparison. I don’t think the actor has necessarily been given bad material but that’s an entirely different issue :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 15, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the pics! It’s nice to see a spoiler that doesn’t have any relevance to Scandal. Can’t wait for this episode!

Comment by Lena – February 15, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah what is with the overload of scandal stuff lately, is there anything left of the show that hasnt been spoiled? legitimate question, never watched it.

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you on this. It seems everything I see is about Scandal, talk about overload. I understand it’s a great show and a lot of people love it but I’m so sick of hearing about it I don’t even care to watch it. If that makes sense.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 15, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe its just me being hyper-suspicious but it doesnt look like the gov and michonne are in the same place. she looks battle ready while he seems to be just going for a casual stroll.
    if andrea’s characterization going forward is anything like her characterization in the last episode i think things maybe be changing for my opinion of her, she actually came across as a competent, strong individual. i bet if she had shot carl instead of daryl in season 2 she would be well on her way to sainthood in this fan community, some people need to let things go and look to the future.

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s always had a bit of that in her though. She was well on her way to being strong, confident and a worthy fighter way back in season one. Sure, she often thinks with her lady bits, but she was still kinda decent at being helpful and level headed when it was needed. Unfortunately she’s just gotten worse over time. Now she’s too concerned with having a man to attach herself to, which leads to the seemingly clueless, annoying behavior that many are commenting on. Even after getting a glimpse of what the Governor has been hiding, after he shot down her attempts to help fight, she still hasn’t clued in. Her loyalty to the man she’s sleeping with over the woman who basically kept her alive for months was pretty telling. She’s hardly worth rooting for at this point. Let her stay with the crazy Governor. They’re actually pretty perfect for each other.

Comment by tripoli – February 15, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally couldn’t stand it when Lori died. I hoped her and Rick would work through the past. It wasn’t all Lori’s fault :-(

Comment by Sherry – February 15, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And if Rick hooks up with Andrea she has been with Shane and the Governor would be ridiculous to have a love match there. Lori seriously thought Rick was dead that was Shane’s fault.

Comment by Sherry – February 15, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m waiting for Andrea to wise up. At first, I understood why she wanted to stay with The Governor and his make-shift town. However, now, she should want to get the frak away from him

Comment by Julia – February 15, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Robert Kirkman hasn’t been kind to the female roles on the show. “Carl” has been developed more than any of the female characters. Kirkman just doesn’t seem to have the knack for developing a grounded female lead that is believable on film. Maggie might be getting close, but definitely isn’t there yet. Lori and Andrea border(ed) on the obnoxious most of the time. The rest are pretty much invisible. Love the show, but this is definitely a weak spot.

Comment by Liz985 – February 15, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kirkman is great writing female characters, who really have no clue is the showrunner (Mazzara) .

Comment by Vanessa – February 15, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But the show runners have come and gone (Darabont, Mazzara) over the series. Isn’t Kirkman the one steady variable over the course of 3 years? He’s an executive producer and writer for the series and one of the originators of the graphic novels. Seems like he would, ultimately, have had more control than Darabont who was gone after Season 1 or Mazzara. What I’ve seen so far is that Kirkman can’t translate women well from the graphic novels to film.

Comment by Liz985 – February 15, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that Lori and Andrea are horrible examples of female characters, but Maggie is great and Carol is getting there if they’d give her more of a story.

Comment by Faster – February 16, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also agree with faster’s comment…

Comment by love photos – February 16, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TWD is very well shot, staged, directed, acted and all. But that has to be the worst writing on TV. All characters are now detestable and most of them, when in danger, I fear them NOT dying instead of doing so. I’m about to give up on the show.

They need to revamp Rick and Andrea, develop more the supporting cast and make at least half of the cast likeable. The zombies have become the most compelling characters, as is.

Comment by Pedro C. S. Guida – February 17, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off I’m a really big fan of the comic and the show and I like the differences between them it makes it so if you read the comics you don’t really know what’s coming next in the show… My beef is with talking dead I like the concept of a discussion show but it needs a new host I hate Chris Hardwick he is not funny at all web soup sucks and his standup sucks GET A NEW HOST AHHHHHH

Comment by will – February 22, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andrea is more after a comfortable bed, and safe living then she is a man to latch onto… I admit I can’t stand her character since season 2 when she shot Daryl, after everyone EXPLICITLY told her not to fire!!! And what the hell was she thinking at the end of this last episode…not going through with what Carol told her…I definitely hope she comes to her senses, and realizes what a bastard the gov. Really is…then MAYBE she’ll be alright with me if she can do what’s necessary to help RICK’S group!!!

Comment by Jacob – February 27, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post