Exclusive: ABC's The Middle Recruits 30 Rock's Jack McBrayer for Toothsome Arc

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Jack McBrayer The MiddleHere’s a reason to show off your pearly whites with glee: Jack McBrayer is about to hang out with the Hecks.

In his first role since wrapping 30 Rock last month, McBrayer will play a dentist who hires The Middles Frankie as his hygienist, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

McBrayer’s Dr. Ted Goodwin is described as boyish and disheveled, and we’re hearing he may be around for more than one episode of the ABC comedy.

McBrayer played 30 Rock‘s (probably immortal) NBC page Kenneth for seven seasons. His other TV credits include Arrested Development and Portlandia.

Comments (20)

• Yay!

Comment by Babybop – February 15, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. He’s great. And so is The Middle.

Comment by Leah – February 15, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NAY!

Comment by brutony – February 16, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear god, no!!

Comment by Lynn – February 15, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im sorry to say, but it IS so! This guy grates on my last nerve! Loathe him so much, he ruined 30 Rock for me, when they seemed to expand his role-WTF would a page have to do with the plotline of a neurotic head writer on a struggling comedy show? But perfect for him to go on this mess-The Middle is now truly the Bottom!

Comment by brutony – February 16, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What the hell, I’ll ignore your totally rude and wrong statements about Mcbrayer, but the Middle is definitely better than Modern Family(nowadays) and The Neighbors, it’s only competition comedy wise on ABC is Happy Endings and Suburgatory.

Comment by Mike – February 16, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’ll ignore my comments about Mac Breyer? Yeah, maybe if we ignore him he’ll go away! And The Middle sucks- can’t even touch MF on its worst night!

Comment by brutony – February 16, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ridiculous, MF jumped the shark a season ago. It’s repetititive and boring now. You are the reason why we can’t have quality shows.

Comment by Mike – February 16, 2013 12:39 PM PDT
          • Yes, u discovered the reason- I’M the reason why u can’t have quality shows anymore- great stuff like 30 Rock. The Middle and Downton Abbey- wait, that last one is the only true comedy here!

Comment by brutony – February 16, 2013 01:44 PM PDT
          • 30 Rock was one of the best comedies of the last decade, whether you liked it is subjective but it was great. the Middle is quickly becoming better than the majority of ABCs comedies. What makes your taste so much better than mine. I also assume you will be thrilled when every single quality comedy is cancelled this year.

Comment by Mike – February 16, 2013 11:57 PM PDT
  • Ugh – a little of him goes a long way.

Comment by Miffy – February 15, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not little enough of him, I’m afraid! This asshats like a rash- u don’t scratch it, it gets worse and worse, and eventually spreads!

Comment by brutony – February 16, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think some people may be expecting him to play Kenneth. His character may be completely different. I think he’s a riot, and I love The Middle, so I’m already Lizzing! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – February 16, 2013 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just searched for him on IMDB and discovered he was born in `73 – two years younger than me. Yet he looks SIGNIFICANTLY younger. I must now hate him with a bitter jealousy! The male ego demands it! ☠ ☠

Comment by PPPG – February 16, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he would work great! it’s not like he will be in all the episodes, depending on how long that job lasts he will be in an episode once and awhile. This will be fun.

Comment by David4 – February 16, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he’s a great addition…and he could so be a dentist, here’s hoping he is Frankie’s boss forEVER!!!

Comment by Belle – February 16, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about this.

Comment by Tony – February 16, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buried the lede….Frankie’s getting a new job!

Comment by Miss M – February 16, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • toothsome |ˈtoōθsəm|
    adjective
    (of food) temptingly tasty : a toothsome morsel.
    • informal (of a person) good-looking; attractive.

Comment by Bklyngal – February 18, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dork- noun- see McBreyer, Jack!

Comment by brutony – February 20, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post