Exclusive

Exclusive: ABC's The Middle Recruits 30 Rock's Jack McBrayer for Toothsome Arc

Jack McBrayer The MiddleHere’s a reason to show off your pearly whites with glee: Jack McBrayer is about to hang out with the Hecks.

In his first role since wrapping 30 Rock last month, McBrayer will play a dentist who hires The Middles Frankie as his hygienist, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

McBrayer’s Dr. Ted Goodwin is described as boyish and disheveled, and we’re hearing he may be around for more than one episode of the ABC comedy.

McBrayer played 30 Rock‘s (probably immortal) NBC page Kenneth for seven seasons. His other TV credits include Arrested Development and Portlandia.

1. Lynn says:

Dear god, no!!

• brutony says:

Im sorry to say, but it IS so! This guy grates on my last nerve! Loathe him so much, he ruined 30 Rock for me, when they seemed to expand his role-WTF would a page have to do with the plotline of a neurotic head writer on a struggling comedy show? But perfect for him to go on this mess-The Middle is now truly the Bottom!

• Mike says:

What the hell, I’ll ignore your totally rude and wrong statements about Mcbrayer, but the Middle is definitely better than Modern Family(nowadays) and The Neighbors, it’s only competition comedy wise on ABC is Happy Endings and Suburgatory.

• brutony says:

You’ll ignore my comments about Mac Breyer? Yeah, maybe if we ignore him he’ll go away! And The Middle sucks- can’t even touch MF on its worst night!

• Mike says:

Ridiculous, MF jumped the shark a season ago. It’s repetititive and boring now. You are the reason why we can’t have quality shows.

• brutony says:

Yes, u discovered the reason- I’M the reason why u can’t have quality shows anymore- great stuff like 30 Rock. The Middle and Downton Abbey- wait, that last one is the only true comedy here!

• Mike says:

30 Rock was one of the best comedies of the last decade, whether you liked it is subjective but it was great. the Middle is quickly becoming better than the majority of ABCs comedies. What makes your taste so much better than mine. I also assume you will be thrilled when every single quality comedy is cancelled this year.

2. Miffy says:

Ugh – a little of him goes a long way.

• brutony says:

Not little enough of him, I’m afraid! This asshats like a rash- u don’t scratch it, it gets worse and worse, and eventually spreads!

3. TV Gord says:

I think some people may be expecting him to play Kenneth. His character may be completely different. I think he’s a riot, and I love The Middle, so I’m already Lizzing! :-)

4. PPPG says:

I just searched for him on IMDB and discovered he was born in `73 – two years younger than me. Yet he looks SIGNIFICANTLY younger. I must now hate him with a bitter jealousy! The male ego demands it! ☠ ☠

5. David4 says:

I think he would work great! it’s not like he will be in all the episodes, depending on how long that job lasts he will be in an episode once and awhile. This will be fun.

6. Belle says:

I think he’s a great addition…and he could so be a dentist, here’s hoping he is Frankie’s boss forEVER!!!

7. Tony says:

So happy about this.

8. Miss M says:

Buried the lede….Frankie’s getting a new job!

9. Bklyngal says:

toothsome |ˈtoōθsəm|
    adjective
    (of food) temptingly tasty : a toothsome morsel.
    • informal (of a person) good-looking; attractive.