First Look: For Castle, Crime Hits Close to Home

Get More: Video

On Monday’s Castle (ABC, 10/9c), a murder investigation exposes a plot to kidnap the daughter of a Middle Eastern businessman — and we’ve got a video sneak peek at a moment that introduces an extra-harrowing wrinkle in the case.

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: Mad Men’s Cara Buono Cast as Woman From [Spoiler]‘s Past

In the clip below, Kate and Rick are following up on the whereabouts of the aforementioned college-aged kidnapping target when Rick is prompted to check in on his own daughter, Alexis. What follows sends the February sweeps two-parter — guest-starring Dylan Walsh as an FBI agent and ultimately introducing Rick’s father, played by James Brolin — into high gear.

Want more scoop on Castle, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (47)

• Although this ep is gonna hurt bring it on

Comment by Karen – February 15, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really looking forward to the next couple of episodes of Castle. It has some twists I wasn’t expecting.

Comment by taliesin – February 15, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really not sure how I feel about this two parter, tbh. The Alexis kidnapping story is always something I kinda knew they’d end up doing but I’ve always wished they wouldn’t.

Comment by Holly – February 15, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really looking forward to the next couple of episodes of Castle. It looks like it has some emotional twists I wasn’t expecting before seeing the preview in last week’s episode. Now we might know why grampa is getting involved.

Comment by Kotobka – February 15, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really not interested in this double episode!

Comment by Mase – February 15, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But you’re really interested in posting about it! Complete with an exclamation point! How strange.

I was hoping for Timothy Dalton because his younger self looked like Nathan in a lot of ways (plus Castle’s father would sort of be James Bond), but James Brolin definitely brings the jawline genetics to Rick Castle’s DNA and is a talented actor. Excellent choice. I think Marlowe will be able to avoid doing things in the cliched way that happens when a lead character’s child is kidnapped. It’ll have twist to it.

Comment by scooby – February 15, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your loss, it sounds amazing.

Comment by Teri – February 15, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had to know that eventually someone would go after Rick’s family. It was just a matter of time.

Comment by Hyde – February 15, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt great scoop. Keep them coming. I think the kidnapping of Alexis will be upsetting but I’m in.

Comment by Dory – February 15, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to these episodes. I would like to see Molly Quinn become more integrated into the show, eventually. She seemed to have an interest in police work for a while. I wonder if this trauma might make her re-think her career/school path. I don’t know, just speculating, but I could easily see her playing a bigger part in the show.

Comment by TV Gord – February 15, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These two part episodes always bring a great amount of energy and emotion to the show. I am somewhat nervous about how this will play out but it will be nice to see the end result. Can’t wait for Monday and thanks for all the great Castle scoop TVLine!

Comment by leigh – February 15, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would be ballsy if this experience would lead to Alexis changing to law enforcement. It would add a whole knew dimension and needed depth to this series.

Comment by lame – February 15, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking for these episodes. Castle has always done incredibly well with 2 part episodes. I’m looking forward to a more dramatic side of Nathan Fillion.

Comment by Andrea – February 15, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best this show could do is James Brolin? Wow, how the show has fallen in both ratings and quality, it’s bordering on camp now. So many, too many, inside episodes where if you’re not in on the joke, casting or wink wink story, you’re not worth entertaining.

Comment by Grace – February 15, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • james brolin is a fantastic actor, how can anyone not think this?

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow harsh :) I personally love James Brolin, and think he’s a perfect fit for playing Castle’s dad? only time will tell if it works out, but i’m all for this casting

Comment by James – February 15, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do agree that Castle has become a little too campy of late but James Brolin is a good actor and fine for playing Rick’s father. I also don’t believe we are going to see much camp in a two-parter dealing with the abduction of Alexis. The two-parters are never campy.

Comment by Kotobka – February 15, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do not understand why people expect ot to be so-called stunt casting with guest roles like these. I get that it has become the cheap shot of American tv casting but find it refreshing that Marlowe went with a solid, albeit not necessarily fan-fave, actor who resembles Nathan and can act the part.

Comment by Modesty – February 15, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hoping alexis will be portrayed similar to how john mclane’s daughter was portrayed in die hard 4, always considered that showing the kidnapped character doing everything they can to get away from their captors and help their rescuers was the best way to do this.
    i get the feeling this will have a lasting effect on alexis such as wanting to be better trained to protect herself, maybe rekindle her interest in law enforcement.

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt! You always give the best scoops about Castle!

Comment by Emmakingg – February 15, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love your Castle scoops, Matt. This show is fabulous and has the best writing and acting on television. Keep the news coming. How about a new interview with Nathan and Stana?

Comment by Teri – February 15, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ohhh craaaappppp! that was heart wrenching and nothing really happened yet. so stoked for this two parter, from the promo i can already tell Mr. Fillion is going to turn in one hell of a performance. Becks better hand him a gun so he can, forgive the colloquial, bust some caps in those mofos. how dare they take Alexis, how dare they.

Comment by James – February 15, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Based on the previews it looks like grandpa Castle has already taken care of the “bust some caps” aspect of the story.

Comment by Kotobka – February 15, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very true. i hope castle at least gets a kick in though :)

Comment by James – February 15, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’! wait! Looks awesome!

Comment by Astrid – February 15, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taken comes to television? Could they get Liam Neeson to guest star, please? I’m in because I adore Molly Quinn’s portrayal of Alexis, plus I think Castle and his daughter may have the best parent/child relationship on tv.

Comment by arial2 – February 15, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed on the best parent/child relationship point; i also believe she is the best child of a main character ive ever seen on tv, none of the usual bratty crap writers love to give them.

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Definitely agree, she is by far the most realistic and least obnoxious kid on t.v.

Comment by Becks – February 15, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Before there was Taken there was Commando. :)

Comment by Kotobka – February 15, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Body is ready! bring on the pain!!!

Comment by Lilu – February 15, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! It’ll definitely be a juicy Castle/Alexis episode, but I’m kinda hoping for a Beckett/Alexis scene. Their lack of interaction is almost getting weird.

Comment by Becca – February 15, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its not that surprising to me really. alexis is off being a college student most of the time and she has already bonded with beckett over the last four years so she figures the mature thing would be to get out of the way and let her dad enjoy his new relationship

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what was that ringtone? Awesomely eerie!!!!

Comment by Trista – February 15, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gotta love castle’s face on alexis’s phone, nathan fillion never misses a chance to pull a funny face does he?

Comment by Alan – February 15, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously dislike Alexis. I can’t find myself emotionally
    invested in an episode or 2 involving a character I could care less about. The kidnappers only have to listen to her self absorbed whining for 5 seconds and they’d shoot her. Anything less would be unrealistic. >:)

Comment by Tannith – February 15, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gurls!!! Isn’t Mr. Fillion looking stunning on the picture above? He def lost some weight and looks hot then evaaarrrrrrrgggrrrr

Comment by Lilu – February 15, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta agree with Becca up thread, the non existent interaction between KB and the Castle clan is becoming weird, Then again the disappearance of Gates or her transition into whimp is equally as strange. Where has the depth of the characters gone to?

Comment by lame – February 15, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Castle as a show is a well oiled machine. They have given us 4+ seasons of awesome storylines and realistic romantic build up… Give Em a break. And allow some coasting episodes. They’ve earned it.

Comment by DarkDefender – February 15, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just saw the yahoo tv preview and it only made me want to see this two-parter even more!

Comment by taliesin – February 15, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE HAS IT ALL, FROM THE INTRO MUSIC, THE ACTING IS AWESOME, PLEASE NEVER CHANGE ANY THING ABOUT THIS SHOW, NEED I SAY ANY THING ABOUT THE CARACTERS, THE ONLY THING I WISH FOR IS AN EARLIER TIME SLOT.

COMMENT BY AN ADDICT FOR LIFE SHIRL LANE 2-16-2013

Comment by SHIRLEY D.LANE – February 16, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope alexis dies or like, moves far far away after the episode…she’s way too annoying

Comment by lucia – February 18, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does grace watch Castle if its so bad. So much about Nathan what about Stana I think she outdoes the rest of them. Looking forward to watching the first part tomorrow with I-tunes. Wont be on air in the UK until March or April

Comment by Ivan Everett – February 18, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a newbie I still have catching up. I loved the ep but I wondered why Alexis’ mother wasn’t notified.

Comment by Dory – February 19, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is a really smartly written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.|

Comment by agate cameo – March 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks|

Comment by tkff – March 22, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% positive. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos|

Comment by Anonymous – March 23, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post