Pilot Scoop: Apt. 23's Krysten Ritter Lands Starring Role In NBC Comedy Assistance

Krysten Ritter AssistanceThe B—- is back.

Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 actress Krysten Ritter has rebounded with a starring role in NBC’s comedy pilot Assistance.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: All the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s In Them

The project, produced by Funny or Die founders Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, is described a fast-moving comedy centered on an idealistic “working girl” assistant (Ritter) who is pulled between her colleague/work husband and her real life fiancé.

Ritter’s Nora is described as a magnetic, hyperactive workaholic whose sex appeal is directly proportional to her anxiety level. She is an overworked personal assistant who wants to produce movies, and tries — but usually fails — to have a personal life on the side.

ABC unofficially cancelled Don’t Trust the B—- late last month when it abruptly pulled the show from the schedule due to low ratings.

1. I’ll miss you Tall Slut No Panties

2. Teag says:

Awesome! A comedy pilot I was interested in. Plus I was sad The B—- got cancelled.

3. Happy she got work, it does sound interesting. Sad about B though.

4. Donnie says:

I will keep my eye on this show, should it get on the air. Krysten was amazing in Veronica Mars, Breaking Bad and Don’t Trust The B.

5. Ben says:

Krysten is amazing. I hope her new show gets picked up and does well.

6. Alex says:

The Leslye Headland play this is based on is amazing. I’ve been hoping this TV version was still in development, as it seems like it’s been forever since the news that it was optioned was announced. Here’s to hoping it’s half as good as the source material.

7. Chris says:

Happy for her and I’ll check out the show but really sad about B

8. Lucy B says:

Can James van der Beek play “James van der Beek”, her boss?? Pleeeeease?
    I was never into Dawson’s Creek, but he won me as a fan with “Don’t Trust the B-…”!

9. Tran says:

ABC better cancel Apt. 23 soon even if there’s a chance that it doesn’t want to move the sitcom to Fridays just like Happy Endings did when it comes back on the air.

10. Danielle H. says:

Hmm I can totally see her making this role. If it is totally casted right and written well, this could do well! It’s not a bad, but really likely premise.

11. John Moshier says:

happy for her but nbc its like a grave yard for failed comedys

12. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Sad for the end of Don’t Trust B*, but this is why an early cancelation can be a good thing – opportunity for cast and crew to jump onto a new opportunity during pilot season. I’m sure we’ll see JVDB pop up on a pilot in some form.

I’m hoping to see Dreama Walker’s name come up next – she’s a natural for something like Crazy Ones, but SMG just got signed on for that series’ role. I’m looking at the list of comedy pilots starring women, but most have now been cast. May have to wait for next pilot season :( I think a comedy might serve Dreama better than a drama.

13. Gerald says:

Damn it, I was kind of hoping that DTTBIA23 would get the Cougar Town treatment….I guess not, sigh…

14. Alan says:

so if i understand right she is a PA in the movie industry, if so that is a comedy gold mine which has been pretty much untapped so it should be interesting to watch.
    i remember an old episode of supernatural where the guys had to go undercover as PAs and it was fantastic and left me wanting more of that type of comedy, so im in if this gets made.