Exclusive: Royal Pains Promotes Ben Shenkman to Series Regular for Season 5

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Royal Pains - Season 7The doctor is in — and he’s staying put.

Royal Pains has upgraded Ben Shenkman, who plays Dr. Jeremiah Sacani, to a series regular, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Exclusive: Franklin & Bash, True Blood and AMC Stars Join USA Pilot From Numb3rs Creators

The actor joined the USA Network drama in Season 4 as HankMed’s newest MD. His promotion takes effect with Season 5, which premieres this June.

Shenkman’s credits include a recurring role on Drop Dead Diva, as well as Grey’s Anatomy, Damages and Burn Notice.

Comments (27)

• Yay!!!

Comment by Laurie – February 14, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool! I can’t wait to see more interactions between Jeremiah and Divya in the upcoming season!

Comment by Brandon – February 14, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • makes sense to me! congrats to him!

Comment by Jenna – February 14, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That show is still on??

Comment by RLE – February 14, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Now we just need Jeremiah and Divya to get together.

Comment by Vi – February 14, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.

Comment by 4theloveoffilm – February 14, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!!!!!!!!!

I was so worried when he wasn’t in the Christmas special so I’m very happy to read this news!!!!!!

Comment by GeekGirl13 – February 15, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo!!!

Comment by Lorie – February 14, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy to hear this news. I think he’s added a lot to the program.

Comment by Bella – February 14, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he’s a great addition to a wonderful show. i agree, I”d love to see more of his character and Divya.

Comment by suzi – February 14, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent. I really like the character. He brings A certain something undefinable to the show – in a good way. His wistful looks at Divia are very charming and sweet.

Comment by Mel – February 14, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad they got away from the international intrigue!

Comment by Mel – February 14, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? This show doesn’t NEED any more regulars.They got rid of Jill Flint for this crap? How sad Sacani is so dull it makes my brain hurt. Paige and Evan make me ill so they are so perky and Hank and Divya are unrecognizable. Bring Jill back and fix this show! Until then I’m out.

Comment by Nancy – February 14, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Comment by Mel – February 15, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol we’ve been telling her that for months. Pay no heed to this poster. She is an obsessive troll that literally goes around from discussion forum to discussion forum posting the exact same things over and over about how mad she is about Jill being written out and then getting mad about any other character being allowed to be happy. Her name is Nancy Farkas and she is almost 40. She clearly has no life and nobody to talk to so she spends all of her time on every board having anything to do with Royal Pains saying the exact same things. She’s been claiming since June that she doesn’t even watch this show anymore, yet every time there’s a new episode she knows immediately exactly what happened and has something to bitch about that always goes back to Jill being written out. She clearly has serious mental problems and refuses to get help when she obviously needs it. I’ve found it best to just ignore her entirely.

Comment by ChuckTesta – February 18, 2013 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Shut up Mel. Can’t handle a difference of opinion? Sucks to be you.

Comment by Nancy – February 18, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry its you Nancy Farkas you can’t handle difference opinoins on royal pains and Chuck Testa is right about you

Comment by MysterySunflower – March 7, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • MysterSunflower you need help. I suggest you get some

Comment by Nancy – May 7, 2013 11:03 PM PDT
        • Nancy, You’re obsessed with an actress who NO LONGER appears on a TV show. You continue to post on FB & IMDB message boards thereby alienating almost everyone you come in contact with. Please, for everyone’s sake, especially your own, you NEED to get some help dealing with your emotions. Royal Pains is a wonderful TV show, but it’s just fictional entertainment!

Comment by Colleen – July 25, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this Nancy person is actually Jill Flint! That’s why she’s so upset!

Comment by Lori – November 27, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed, Nancy. While I like Jeremiah, Paige is sweet but wayyy too sugary for my liking. I miss the days when Royal Pains was fun and full of chemistry between its main characters. Bring back the Evan + Divya love/hate fireworks and Jill, though I never did liker her with Hank.

Comment by Ella – February 14, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is hank leaving the show,cause if he is i’m done watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by angela brower – February 15, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think he is. Though I don’t see why they need two doctors in a Concierge practice. They never did before. They can’t be THAT busy. It’s just another excuse to cram the cast full of useless people while others get thrown to the wayside.

Comment by Nancy – February 18, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeremiah is awesome. I think this show should just finished, and let them make a spinoff Dr. Sacani, an asperger doctor starring Ben Shenkman.

Comment by Hani Hariprabowo (@hanitje) – February 17, 2013 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what i wanted from this show is,Evan to end up with Divya,,that would be very nice,but the Introduction of the Argentinian guym,the i dont even now his name guy,,distroy evrythng on the program

Comment by Dimy – February 25, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • okay now its obvious they’re setting him up for a love angle with Divya.

Comment by Daniel – March 1, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post