Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, SVU, Scandal, Teen Wolf, White Collar and More!

Once Upon a Time Scandal SpoilersWhat happens when Once Upon a Time celebrates Father’s Day in February? Which Scandal-ous family tree is expanding? Will the Teen Wolf‘s BFF find love? Is a White-hot romance about to cool down? Get answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Once Upon a Time | If you follow me on The Twitter (and really, why wouldn’t you want to read my Love it or List It rants?), you know how I feel about this Sunday’s pretty damn pivotal episode, “Manhattan” — IMO, it’s the best hour of the season and one of the strongest since the pilot. And while some of you believe to have the mystery of Rumplestiltskin’s son all figured out, I shall relate a lesson Bae’s dad is about to learn from a sneaky seer: Just because you know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean you know what’s going to happen. I relayed a couple scooplets in Ask Ausiello, but here are more: Hook proves adept at translating treasure maps but less so at fending off witchy women; David and Mary Margaret have a rather hilarious conversation about their family tree and what Thanksgiving dinner might look like this year; a three-month-old mystery is solved; Cora, sporting a modern-day Maine makeover, has a tender talk with Regina; and a grim fate is surprisingly revealed for a major character. Also: There’s some terrific work by both Robert Carlyle and Jennifer Morrison. Here’s a clip from the first act:

Loading video...

RELATED | Tony Goldwyn Discusses Scandal’s Heartbreaking Twist: ‘I Literally Couldn’t Speak the Words’

Scandal | But what of Hollis Doyle? Outed to Fitz as a president-buyer and threatened by Huck into silence, will the Big Energy lobbyist (played by Gregg Henry, who for me is forever the creepy guy from Body Double) slither off into the woodwork? Not so fast. We’ve learned that the ABC drama is looking to cast Hollis’ New York-fabulous wife Deborah, as well as their secretly wild daughter Nikki. Perhaps a scandal is about to darken the Doyles’ doorstep? (Or a funeral…?)

Suburgatory | I spied an upcoming script where Sheila is selling real estate — namely, the house occupied by George and Tessa! What is up with that? Per Jeremy Sisto, George proposes to Dallas… that they live together – “but I don’t do it in a very romantic way. I’m like, ‘Let’s share our cable bills!’ And she questions how I feel about her because [of that approach].” Sheila meanwhile leaps back into the workforce and finds “a really motivated buyer” for the Altman home. Sisto previews with a laugh, “I think I sell my house before I get my answer from Dallas!”

White Collar | I have good news for fans of a certain coupling… and baddish news. “Sara and Neal have a really great, kind of fantastic moment at the top of the Empire State Building in the season finale (airing March 5),” show boss Jeff Eastin shares. Thing is, that “beautiful and iconic” moment “finishes up their relationship.” At least for the time being. “Let’s put it this way,” Eastin adds. “The end of the season doesn’t necessarily rule anything out.”

And now, diving into the Inside Line reader mailbag….Bones_Ep813_sc14BTS_0017

I swear, the baby on Bones is the baby from Teen Mom – Kaitlin’s baby, who was adopted by another couple. Is it her? – Sheena
The twins who plays Christine are not adopted, so the answer would be no. But to thank you for playing Guess the Infant Actor, here’s an exclusive photo of new intern Dr. Oliver Wells (played by Brian Klugman), who debuts in “The Fact in the Fiction” (airing Feb.25).

Any scoop on Stiles in Season 3 of MTV’s Teen Wolf? Is he gonna find love? –Rachelle
“Determined to grow out of his crush on Lydia, Stiles will definitely try to find love this season,” executive producer Jeff Davis tells the Inside Line. “His efforts, however, are exactly what lead him and Scott into the new mystery of the season. While other teenagers just discover the pain of heartache, Scott and Stiles discover dead bodies.”

Got any SVU scoop to share? –Zoe
It was only a matter of time before the last summer’s “legitimate rape” brouhaha had its headline ripped by Law & Order: SVU. According to sources, Dick Wolf’s venerable procedural is currently in production on an episode inspired by last summer’s political firestorm, with a few minor tweaks (like, this time there’s a felony crime involved). Should be interesting to hear Benson’s particular POV on this one.

RELATED | Community Season 4: 6 Scoopy Bits Revealed!

Now that Community is finally back in our lives again, how ’bout some scoopage — preferably regarding Jeff and Annie, but I’ll take what I can get. –Karen
For starters, about Jeff/Annie: I see a lotta people knitting their brows over these photos, crying “character regression!” and what not. I’ll say this: Wait for the context, Human Beings. Elsewhere, Oscar winner Jim Rash dean-livered a script for Season 4’s 10th episode that evokes Freaky Friday circa Jodie Foster, thrusting besties Abed and Troy into a body-swapping predicament of sorts. “It’s very Greendale in the sense that it’s warped,” Rash says, “but there’s a lot of heart and it comes to some resolutions about some key things that play out over the season.”

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: Mad Men Beauty Cast as Woman From [Spoiler]‘s Past

Use your powers for good and please find out what determines the color of the Castle title card background. Most of the time it’s gold, but for a few episodes it’s been blue or even red. What’s the rhyme and reason? –Linda
“Sometimes for special episodes, we change our screens to be appropriate,” a production source explains. “For the Christmas episode, we had a holiday-themed card. And for the two-parter when Castle and Beckett were trapped in freezer, we went with an icy blue card.” Plus, as attentive viewers know, it’s not just the title card that gets tweaked. “When it tickles our fancy, we’ll even change our theme music slightly to fit the theme of the episode,” says the insider.

I am new to your column and love it! I hope you can give me some insight on my favorite show, Psych. What can we expect from the new season? –Camille
In addition to what I shared in the previous Inside Line, you can expect to hear this extremely sincere line from Shawn: “Why would you poke fun at The Mentalist?”

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. I really want to know why Shonda and Co. think that we care about meeting Hollis’ family before we get ANY back story about Olivia. I mean, dang, can we at least find out where she went to law school, her favorite color, something??

2. Lena says:

TVLINE loves Scandal. Every area with scoops has something on this show. Missing scoops from other network shows though.

• Elyse says:

I think it’s because the Scandal fandom seems to be a big chunk of the TVline readers. I’m not one of them I have just noticed there are a lot of them in the comments section! I would like more of other shows as well though.

3. iMember says:

Please give us some scoop on REVENGE! With this Sundays big episode coming up, I got to know more! From E!Online it appears as though the cast has known who’s going to die since the start of the season.

4. maki says:

my problem is If Bae is still alive how old is he???? he traveled to Earths realm at the begginig of Rumpel conversion to the dark one. and as I get it he was is for quite a while till the cours was cast than + the 28 years spent under the course. Neal could be Bae’s grand grand son if I get it right or?

• Rob says:

The Blue Fairy said he traveled across “space and time,” meaning it doesn’t matter when Bae left. He arrived in our time.

• Dude, this has been hashed out forward and backwards. We just have to wait and see which one of the multitude of ways this could be explained, it actually is. Here is the list off the top of my head. If I forgot one, please everyone jump in.
      1. The beanstalk portal travels through time and space. He arrived in our time and our world straight from ancient Fairytale land
      2. The beanstalk portal took him to neverland where people do not age and he spent the last three centuries battling hook before using pixie dust to come to our land to get away from him. Historically speaking Peter Pan came back and forth from our world to rescue his lost boys. This would also make sense for Bae because he felt abanonded by his father’s thirst for power and his mother’s “death”. This also explains why Hook hasn’t aged in 300 years
      3. Bae traveled the different realms and since he wasn’t in any one permanently didn’t age. This would give room for him to be in many different stories.

• Nicole says:

Number 2 can’t be true, since Neverland is NOT a land without magic, and that’s where Bae went.

• kavyn says:

I think #2 is the most logical choice actually. Think about it this way: Hook has been able to travel between Fairytaleland, Storybrooke and Neverland (and possibly other realms too). If Bae was transported during the era of Rumple, ie 300 years before the curse took effect, then it’s quite possible that magic truly didn’t exist in Neverland at the time. Some time later, Hook travels to Fairytaleland and brings fairy dust back to Neverland, which Bae/Tinkerbell are able to steal and Tinkerbell uses.

Later, Bae is able to travel to Storybrooke where he searches for Wendy (In this case, Emma), where he will eventually bring her back to Neverland with him, which could be what happens in season 3.

• ::shrugh:: They’ve tweaked every other story why not make it so that neverland is like our world where it didn’t have magic but other people brought it. Technically our world is “without magic” but there is a whole lot of wolves, giants and spells going on right now. So Bae went there thinking it was a world without magic and then some pixies ran away there and now it does. Easily doable

• ej says:

Assuming Bae = Neal in this proof. Neverland has magic. And Eddy and Adam said point blank that Peter Pan is not in THIS season. And as other lands were cursed along with FTL, then it would not be possible to travel from Neverland to the real world outside of Storybrooke after the curse was cast (as Cora could not leave FTL), which Neal would have had to do in order to be the right age when he met Emma (it seems SB was founded in either ’79 or ’83). QED it would make no sense if Bae was Peter and/or he was ever in Neverland. The space/time paradox didn’t matter much for Fringe with the Peter/Walter/September rewriting history stuff, so why should it for OUAT? I go with #1.

5. Olivia says:

I need more OUAT sneak peeks!!

6. Amy says:

I really love Once and I’m excited. Can’t wait so see this episode that is supposed to be the best of the season, since I’m already loving this season.

7. Julia says:

Oh, Matt. We all know Neal will turn out to be Bae.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You skipped right over my sentence there, I see.

• Tiffany says:

I didn’t skip it – I’ve been excited about this episode since they introduced Neal and wondered if he could be Bae, but every theory out there that’s been discussed has merit and makes me MORE excited. Then you go and say “Just because you know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean you know what’s going to happen.” and I find myself not even caring that White Collar, Glee and Scandal are on tonight – I want it to be Sunday already!

8. Leigh says:

Well, I hope OUAT has a good hour because this season has left a lot to be desired. I ff’d through most of the last episode and find myself really missing the tension that used to arise when Emma and Regina would interact.

9. Plum says:

New Bones squint = cutie pie. And Bones is smiling?! I’m guessing Booth will be a little jealous of the new fellow.

10. Now Im a little nervous :( I hope nothing bad happens to Neal and I want him and Emma back together!!!!!!!!

11. Karen says:

Thank you so much for answering my ‘Community’ question. You’re an awesome Human Being!

12. madhatter360 says:

While I appreciate Emma telling Gold to keep an eye on Henry while she runs after the guy, what did she think Gold was going to do if she said nothing? Let Henry walk into traffic?
    “I’ve got your son. Where’s mine?” “Oh he wandered off.” *Screeeeeech*

13. Annie-Claude says:

Can Bones stop bringing new interns and show us the others more often?

14. Rida says:

God, i hope what you are saying about OUAT rings true with me too. This season has been a disappointment sadly. I miss the magic, the juicy villains n great story arcs. *sigh*
    I wish you had given sth better on Castle though, that info is not even very relevant.

15. Neal and Sara together…I don’t want that ends their relationship :( …i’m very sad!!!

16. The more I read from people who have seen Manhattan, the more nervous I get. I have a feeling I’ll be watching the episode with my eyes covered, peeking through my fingers…

17. Wondering if there is now a Mrs. Neal Cassidy who isn’t Emma…

18. A says:

So excited that about the OUAT scoop. The whole time I was prepared to find out the Bae was Neal so I thought I wouldn’t be surprise. Thankfully, now there’s at least hope for a surprise.

19. Khorrie says:

Neal isn’t Bae? Didn’t they try to do this with August and Dr. Whale and they turned out to be exactly who everyone thought they were? Yeah. Sorry, not falling for that again. I’ll gladly eat my words if they do actually have something up their sleeves, but so far, they’ve royally sucked at it.

20. 4theloveoffilm says:

I am always mesmerized by Robert Carlyle’s performance, and any episode of OUAT that focuses on Mr. Gold/Rumpel is one I thoroughly enjoy. The character is fascinating and so well developed and acted. I also happen to be a rather big fan of his relationship with Belle, so I eagerly await the moment she regains her memories. I do wish for a happily ever after for them. He’s a work in progress. And I just like seeing Emilie de Ravin on my screen.

21. Alan says:

good another joke at the expense of the mentalist on psych, i cant get enough of those. glad to see the writers agree with me that its just a knock off of their much superior show.

22. Finally some SVU spoilers… but then again not. I want cast spoilers. Like is it Fin or Nick who will get a past visit from their undercover days in an upcoming ep? Is it really ‘the thing’ Liv is dating or does it have an arm and a head too?

• icywinter2 says:

Yes the man Liv went with is real, I don’t get why they feel the need to tease us, it’s dumb. Yet I don’t think whoever she is with will last. It never does, unless it’s Haden.. I just hope it isn’t Cassidy.

23. Thanks for the Body Double shout out! I can’t help think about that either whenever I see Gregg Henry!

24. D says:

The best thing they did on Castle regarding the color or the score was in 5×05 “Probable Cause” when they replaced the usual ending credits’ whistle score for the same score but played only by a cello and a piano.
    As for OUAT, I’m pretty sure that if I keep reading spoilers about “Manhattan” my head is going to explode before the episode airs. Is it Sunday yet?

25. Kristina says:

Not loving the idea of Neal and Sara’s relationship “wrapping up”, but as long as they aren’t writing off the show I’m ok.

26. nick1372 says:

I’m not going to ponder more about Bae/Neal (like, enough already). I’m much more interested in the part about the 3-month secret. What happened in December?

Also, best episode since the pilot? I thought the pilot was slightly below par compared to the rest of the series.

27. Angela says:

Troy and Abed pulling a ‘Freaky Friday’? Oh, that should be fun…

28. whitecollar123 says:

So glad Sara will be gone….. finally. But still have couple more episodes, marred with her forced acting and awkward presence:(

29. Zoe says:

Oh my god, I jumped out of my chair when I found out you answered my SVU question. Thank you so much, Mr. Slezak!

30. Karon says:

Dallas and George in the same house mean Tessa and Dahlia in the same house! That should be interesting to say the least!