Exclusive: Grimm Hails to the Queen, Casts 24 Vet Shohreh Aghdashloo as Gypsy Royalty

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Grimm Season 2 Spoilers Shohreh Aghdashloo Gypsy QueenIn a (delightfully) Grimm turn of events, onetime 24 villainess Shohreh Aghdashloo has landed a recurring role on NBC’s fairytale drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The Oscar-nominated actress will play Stefania Vaduva Popescu, a powerful ally sought out by Claire Coffee’s Adalind. Stefania is referred to as the “Zigeunersprache,” or Queen of the Schwarzwald Gypsies, and her family’s roots run deep in the woods of Austria.

VIDEO | Hot Grimm Sneak Peek: Capt. Renard and Juliette Get Horizontal, and Nick’s Ready for a Fight!

Aghdashloo’s first episode is slated to air in April. Grimm, meanwhile, resumes its second season on Friday, March 8 at 9/8c.

In addition to 24, Aghdashloo’s TV credits include guest spots on NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy and House, as well as a recent arc on Fox’s now-defunct Mob Doctor.

Comments (13)

• Nice. I love to hear her raspy voice.

Comment by Luke – February 13, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me too! another reason 2 get on d grimm bandwagon

Comment by shuayb – February 13, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news! :D

Comment by Kay – February 13, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was also oh I love her voice. I think she is perfect for this role, can’t wait to see it. NBC can’t u just bring Grimm back early? We all have been waiting patiently and u deprive us of an actual good show. WTF?

Comment by Lena – February 13, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is GREAT casting! Now I really can’t wait for Grimm to return!

Comment by AJ – February 13, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they can just bring her on and get rid of that annoying blonde lady.

NBC, you pushed Grimm back so you could air Do No Harm which you cancel after two freaking episodes. The least you could do is bring Grimm back early, well technically late since it was supposed to be back on a month ago!

Comment by Jennifer – February 13, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also just love her voice. I could listen to her read the phone book!

Comment by Steven – February 13, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Grimm is shooting right below my window! Awesome!

Comment by Lauren Greer – February 13, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thats good. Grimm has a serious problem with its female characters (in the way that there aren’t many and the ones that are there are continually victimized – tsk tsk Greenwalt). So glad to see there’s another woman joining up for a bit.

Comment by mia – February 13, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Grimm. Can’t wait for it to return to our screens. Life without it has been, … Grimm!!

Comment by Rae – February 14, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe if NBC had brought Grimm back earlier, their ratings wouldn’t be in the toilet. Making fans wait until March is ridiculous.

Comment by Elaine Bondra – February 14, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first time I saw her was in the movie Lake House. I have been following this wonderful actress on TV and in the movies ever since.

Comment by TVDIVA – March 7, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post.
    Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

Comment by hair salon – March 30, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post