FX Greenlights Diane Kruger Drama The Bridge

The BridgeFX has given a 13-episode order to the Scandanavian-inspired law enforcement drama The Bridge.

Adapted from the Scandinavian series i BronThe Bridge centers on two detectives from the United States and Mexico who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the American-Mexican border.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Season’s Possible Newcomers

Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds) and Demián Bichir (Weeds) play the detectives; Ted Levine (Monk), Annabeth Gish (The X-Files) and Thomas M. Wright (Top of the Lake) co-star.

Meredith Stiehm (Homeland) and Elwood Reid (Hawaii Five-0) penned the script for the pilot, which was directed by Gerardo Naranjo.

Production begins in April; the series is scheduled to bow in July.

1. Superhero says:

FX + drama = good television 90% of the time. Throw in the fact that this one’s created by Meredith Stiehm, who wrote some of the best Homeland episodes like The Weekend and New Car Smell, and I’m definitely interested. I DO wonder how they’re going to extend this premise for multiple seasons without ending up with another The Killing situation, but I’ll definitely be watching.

• Mik says:

Fun fact: The Scandinavian version takes place in Denmark and Sweden. The original version of The Killing also came from Denmark (Forbrydelsen). So there’s definitely a common thread between The Killing and The Bridge. The case in the original version (Bron/Broen) ended after one season. It will be another case in season two. But we’ll see what happens with The Bridge. I’m definitely intrigued. Hopefully Diane can get her husband to sign on too, for whatever role they can find for him (;

• laura meakin says:

Other than the setting(for some of the scenes) and character traits of saga and sarah there was imo little in common with the killing.its very easy to like one and not the other.

• Saint Alicia says:

Another fun fact, there’s also a French-British adaptation of the series already in production called “The Tunnel.” Guess the US had to get in on “The Bridge” action as well.

2. yay Ted Levine! wonder if he will have his mustache!!

3. laura meakin says:

I hope they stick more to the original than they did with the US version of The Killing which imo was dreadful. I hope all the female lead character traits are there as with the original too. Saga was a wonderful character and her personality key to the story.

• Jason says:

“Diane Kruger stars as “Detective Sonya Cross,” a dogged cop who has an undiagnosed disorder that falls on the autism spectrum. Cross is shockingly candid and calls the world as she sees it, which can be off-putting to her colleagues, but she is also extremely effective at her job.” — Looks like the personality will carry over. Sophie Helin was amazing as Saga.

4. Tran says:

I always dreamed of Diane Kruger on TV and by far one of the HOTTEST actresses to ever come from Germany with the expectation of her accent.

5. Emily says:

If it’s on FX I’ll watch it.

6. CJ says:

Anything to have Demián Bichir on my TV weekly.

7. Sam says:

Diane Kruger is an interesting choice. I’ll give this a chance!

• Yes I will also I really enjoyed this show a lot and look 4ward 2 the rest of the season. and I also like The Killing,I do like Detective show’s that are worth my time and these 2 are. this female actress Is certainly different I’m all In on these 2 show’s

8. Fabi says:

this show will be a widely publicized at Just Jared and daily mail .

9. i am so happy i tought FX had forgot the series…
    It will be interesting to see how they will adapt for the USA / mexico context

10. l2u9 says:

I’ve been waiting for this series for quite a while, I hope they do as good as they did with The Americans. Diane Kruger is a great actress, can’t wait to see her in this one. Support Mexican talent Demián Bichir.

11. D says:

kind of weird seeing Demian Bachir doing TV after his Oscar nomination. I guess the jump to film is what the winners do.

12. Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what a material!
    existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this website.

13. Angela says:

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you
    know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.