FX Greenlights Diane Kruger Drama The Bridge

Get More: News, Series Orders

The BridgeFX has given a 13-episode order to the Scandanavian-inspired law enforcement drama The Bridge.

Adapted from the Scandinavian series i BronThe Bridge centers on two detectives from the United States and Mexico who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the American-Mexican border.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Season’s Possible Newcomers

Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds) and Demián Bichir (Weeds) play the detectives; Ted Levine (Monk), Annabeth Gish (The X-Files) and Thomas M. Wright (Top of the Lake) co-star.

Meredith Stiehm (Homeland) and Elwood Reid (Hawaii Five-0) penned the script for the pilot, which was directed by Gerardo Naranjo.

Production begins in April; the series is scheduled to bow in July.

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• FX + drama = good television 90% of the time. Throw in the fact that this one’s created by Meredith Stiehm, who wrote some of the best Homeland episodes like The Weekend and New Car Smell, and I’m definitely interested. I DO wonder how they’re going to extend this premise for multiple seasons without ending up with another The Killing situation, but I’ll definitely be watching.

Comment by Superhero – February 12, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fun fact: The Scandinavian version takes place in Denmark and Sweden. The original version of The Killing also came from Denmark (Forbrydelsen). So there’s definitely a common thread between The Killing and The Bridge. The case in the original version (Bron/Broen) ended after one season. It will be another case in season two. But we’ll see what happens with The Bridge. I’m definitely intrigued. Hopefully Diane can get her husband to sign on too, for whatever role they can find for him (;

Comment by Mik – February 12, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Other than the setting(for some of the scenes) and character traits of saga and sarah there was imo little in common with the killing.its very easy to like one and not the other.

Comment by laura meakin – February 12, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Another fun fact, there’s also a French-British adaptation of the series already in production called “The Tunnel.” Guess the US had to get in on “The Bridge” action as well.

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 12, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay Ted Levine! wonder if he will have his mustache!!

Comment by Chaya Sandler (@csandle2) – February 12, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll be giving it a watch because of Ted

Comment by Andy – February 12, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they stick more to the original than they did with the US version of The Killing which imo was dreadful. I hope all the female lead character traits are there as with the original too. Saga was a wonderful character and her personality key to the story.

Comment by laura meakin – February 12, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Diane Kruger stars as “Detective Sonya Cross,” a dogged cop who has an undiagnosed disorder that falls on the autism spectrum. Cross is shockingly candid and calls the world as she sees it, which can be off-putting to her colleagues, but she is also extremely effective at her job.” — Looks like the personality will carry over. Sophie Helin was amazing as Saga.

Comment by Jason – February 12, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always dreamed of Diane Kruger on TV and by far one of the HOTTEST actresses to ever come from Germany with the expectation of her accent.

Comment by Tran – February 12, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s on FX I’ll watch it.

Comment by Emily – February 12, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything to have Demián Bichir on my TV weekly.

Comment by CJ – February 12, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Diane Kruger is an interesting choice. I’ll give this a chance!

Comment by Sam – February 12, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I will also I really enjoyed this show a lot and look 4ward 2 the rest of the season. and I also like The Killing,I do like Detective show’s that are worth my time and these 2 are. this female actress Is certainly different I’m all In on these 2 show’s

Comment by melissa (@missyp6343) – July 12, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show will be a widely publicized at Just Jared and daily mail .

Comment by Fabi – February 12, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am so happy i tought FX had forgot the series…
    It will be interesting to see how they will adapt for the USA / mexico context

Comment by Maria (@Maria_PORTUGAL2) – February 12, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been waiting for this series for quite a while, I hope they do as good as they did with The Americans. Diane Kruger is a great actress, can’t wait to see her in this one. Support Mexican talent Demián Bichir.

Comment by l2u9 – February 12, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kind of weird seeing Demian Bachir doing TV after his Oscar nomination. I guess the jump to film is what the winners do.

Comment by D – February 13, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what a material!
    existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this website.

Comment by home remodeling kalamazoo mi – January 21, 2014 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you
    know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

Comment by Angela – April 14, 2014 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post