Valentine's Day in Suburgatory: Romance, Plastic Surgery Horrors and … Pig Hearts?

Get More: Interviews, Previews, Scoop

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????The Valentine’s Day episode of ABC’s Suburgatory (airing Wednesday at 9:30/8:30c) will prove to be more frightening than romantic for some of Chatswin’s lovers.

On top of a horrofic Blowtox (yes, that’s Botox plus Blowfish) procedure-gone-wrong for one character, “Valentine’s Day becomes a test,” previews Annie Weisman, who penned the half-hour. “Is George going to do the extravagant Valentine’s that Dallas expects? And then for Tessa [and Ryan], it becomes this unexpected test of which one of them is deeper and more soulful.”

Below, the cast kisses and tells about how the denizens of Suburgatory are celebrating the holiday. Plus, watch Tessa’s reaction to Dallas’ strange new face!

VIDEO | Nashville: Freezing Onstage, Drunkenly Dancing With Liam – Is Rayna Losing Her Mind?

DALLAS/GEORGE | “They start out with really good intentions,” says Cheryl Hines of the couple’s first Valentine’s Day together. “At least Dallas is super excited about it. And George is really trying” with a super fancy 18-course meal prepared by Top Chef alum Michael Voltaggio as Chef Julio. “I couldn’t have written it better myself,” the culinary master raves of his character’s absurd dishes — including a sliver of pig heart drizzled in its own blood. “I’m like, ‘This is hilarious.’ It’s what I do, but taken to an extreme level.” Unfortunately for George, the elaborate dinner plans fall apart because Dallas isn’t ready to face the world following her Blowtox incident, Hines teases. How bad does she look? Well, her new visage was created by a special prosthetic team. “Carly [Chaikin, who plays Dalia] kept saying, ‘I feel like I want to cry every time I see you,’” shares Hines. So poor George will be eating for two while his girlfriend hides in the shadows, under burlap and any other which way she can. “[Valentine's Day is] a bit of a disaster,” adds Hines. “It started out on the right foot and ended up in barf.”

RYAN/TESSA | The newbie couple’s plans involve an art house film that Tessa wants to see and Ryan is really not interested in. But because he’s a good boyfriend – and she promises him popcorn and candy – he agrees to skip a rager for the movie. “While we’re watching it, she’s realizing how horrible and horrid this film is,” previews Ryan’s portrayer, Parker Young. “She looks over, feeling so bad for me because I must be absolutely dying and I’ve got this cringe on my face.” But it turns out the football jock is deeply engrossed in what’s happening on screen. “I’m so moved and I love this film so much and it’s changed my life,” says Young of Ryan’s reaction. “Me and Tessa get into a fight over this because she hated this film, something that I really loved and took to heart. I can’t understand how somebody that I love cannot love the same thing as me.”

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????RELATED | Pilot Scoop: Maggie Lawson Joins ABC Comedy as Psych Enters Its (Likely) Final Season

THE SHAYS | Dallas and George aren’t the only parental units enjoying some romance. But before Sheila and Fred can have their sultry tango time together, they have to contend with some unexpected competition from guest star Mary Kay Place. “Sheila’s in a little bit of a battle with her mom (Place) over my attentions in some warped ways,” reveal Chris Parnell. Hmm, sound like anybody else you know in the Shay household? That brings us to…

LISA/MALIK | Is Valentine’s Day the perfect holiday to woo back the one you lost? Lisa’s ex is about to find out. “Malik and I are really at the crescendo of our attempts to reunite,” teases Allie Grant. “No stone goes unturned in his attempt to get us back together. It ends as it should.”

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (11)

• I love this show! Hope Lisa and Malik end up together

Comment by girlinmd – February 12, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really over Dallas and George. That relationships could end at any time, and I wouldn’t bat an eye.
    Ryan and Tessa is where it’s at. Also, the Shays are funny as hell.

Comment by Anna – February 12, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Already bored with the show, I missed the memo where they even got together in the first place. But in catching up, I was happy to see that they did without making us wait five years which would certainly be bad for a sitcom. Still, I can’t help but think she’s hiding because of more “work” done behind the scenes, she already looks scary as hell, a caricature for sure, in true comic book style, sorry but she was that from the start of this show. Scary skinny plus mucho gunko in the face is never a nice looking combination. She was pretty when she was on Larry David’s show.

Comment by april-ann – February 12, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you know Cupid’s Bow has lent its name to a part of the anatomy thanks to William Shakespeare. Can you guess which one? No, not the heart, the delicate border of the upper lip. The double curve of a human upper lip has come to be called Cupid’s Bow, after the Roman god of erotic love. Shakespeare made this association in his famous epic poem Venus and Adonis. Now you have something to Google for V-Day!

Dr Rhys Branman
    Little Rock Cosmetic Surgery Center

Comment by Dr Rhys Branman – February 13, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it me, or is the waiter from george’s vday restaurant look an awful lot like lisa? like…they’re related?

Comment by fellow red – February 15, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My family members every time say that I am wasting my time here at web,
    except I know I am getting familiarity every day by reading thes pleasant articles.

Comment by heart disease is 1 killer of apes in captivity – May 15, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished
    to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your
    blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Comment by american heart association – May 28, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit
    and sources back to your site? My blog site is in
    the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of the
    information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
    Regards!

Comment by heart disease in primates – May 29, 2013 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the
    video to make your point. You definitely know what youre
    talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

Comment by heart disease and – May 29, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been browsing on-line greater than three hours these days, yet I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s pretty value enough
    for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the net
    can be a lot more useful than ever before.

Comment by anxiety attack heart – May 31, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, this weekend is nice in favor of me, since this occasion i am reading this impressive
    informative piece of writing here at my residence.

Comment by coronary heart disease – May 31, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post