Exclusive: Mindy Project Actor Joins Seth MacFarlane's New Fox Comedy Dads

Get More: Casting News

tommy-deweyMindy Project‘s Tommy Dewey has scored a starring role in Dads, Seth MacFarlane’s new live-action comedy for Fox, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Dads, which has already received a six-episode order, revolves around two successful video game entrepreneurs, Warner and Eli, who find their lives turned upside-down when their nightmare fathers unexpectedly move in with them.

RELATED | Review the Complete List of NBC Drama and Comedy Pilots

Dewey, who recently wrapped a recurring stint on Mindy Project as a love interest for Mindy Kaling, will play Warner, whose got a life that’s radically different from Eli’s Perpetual Bachelor lifestyle.

MacFarlane serves as an EP on the project alongside his fellow Ted writers Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.

Tags: , ,

Comments (12)

• This guy is going to be a star
    loved him on Mindy

Comment by Angie – February 12, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you are right, he’s got that it factor.

Comment by asta – February 12, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree..he is definitely one to watch.

Comment by Jared – February 12, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I saw him in the last few episodes of Mindy, I couldn’t help but love him even when he was a douche. I couldn’t figure out why he didn’t have his own show! Problem solved!

Comment by Mandy – February 12, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was sad to see him go on The Mindy Project. I might have to watch this. I’m not into Seth MacFarlane at all, but Tommy Dewey is just so charming.

Comment by Ace – February 12, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow that’s a really good pic of him… is it just me or did they play down his looks on MP? was it the glasses?

Comment by Jane – February 12, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s not even that great of a pic. i saw him at a bar a while back. tommy dewey is so good-looking it’s nerve-wracking.

Comment by woozy – February 12, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • his character is still the best thing on ‘mindy project’ so far. one show’s missed opportunity is another one’s gain.

Comment by Hipper – February 12, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for him! I really liked him on Mindy Project.

Comment by Tee – February 13, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also liked him on TMP. He was really the only reason to watch. I’ll check out the show just for him.

Comment by zola – February 13, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FULL DEWEY!

Comment by Feetalix Barnst – February 13, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved him on The Mindy Project. I hated how they wrapped up his character.

Comment by dude – February 15, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post