Scandal Exclusive: House's Lisa Edelstein Has Important Business With Olivia

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Lisa Edelstein Scandal Season 2Lisa Edelstein‘s career is about to get rocked by Scandal.

The former House MVP has booked a guest stint on ABC’s sophomore smash, TVLine has learned exclusively.

VIDEO | Spoiler Alert! Tackles Scandal’s Big Game Changey Episode

According to sources, Edelstein will play a client of Olivia Pope and Associate on the series, which is returning to a (mostly) case-of-the-week format in this season’s final nine episodes.

Edelstein’s post House gigs have included a run onThe Good Wife, guest stint on Elementary, and an arc on House of Lies current second season.

Comments (46)

• This actually made me smile!
    Though, I don’t get why all the roles she’s getting are guest stints.

Comment by Zed – February 11, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MVP? Oh, come on!

Comment by Unfortunate – February 11, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need her on my TV on a weekly basis, not on small doses on five different shows!

Comment by martina – February 11, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • F*** s*** my one of my favorite actress in my new favorite show <3<3<3

Comment by Scandalous – February 11, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn straight the MVP!
    And fantastic news; I’ll start marathoning Scandal now :D

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 11, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!! Lisa on Scandal!!! :D I can’t believe this is happening! A friend and I tweeted a few times to Shonda and told her that it would rock if Lisa would guest star on Scandal and just yesterday we were talking about how freaking cool it would be if it really happend and now it did happen!!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Comment by El – February 11, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else not happy about this?

Comment by Sheryl – February 11, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would anyone be unhappy? People who like her get her and people who don’t like her don’t have to deal with her for long enough to care because it’s as a guest.

Comment by B – February 11, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m afraid you are the only one bitter person here!

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – February 11, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes you are the only one. Rest of TV fans are happy about this great news

Comment by Arianna – February 12, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely not a fan of Lisa Edelstein but I’m pretty sure, Shonda will make her fierce cuz all Shonda’s women are super fierce (gorgeous sexy Liv, Babygurl Quinn, plottin Mellie, sweet Abby, Cyru’s secretary, assassin Becky, the DC Madam from S1, and Verna, which is one of the reasons I love this show. A fierce LE Scandal character would be awesome. I think even us LE nonfans will enjoy her on Scandal. I’m looking forward to it.

Comment by JO – March 1, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m freaking out. I love you Shonda. Lisa in Scandal will be aghdjdjs ashshdddhsj jjsjajasjs

Comment by Lolpen – February 11, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!

Comment by D – February 11, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if she is playing the promiscuous CEO that’s suppose to have had some kind of ties to the White House. When I read that spoiler, I thought, oh no, don’t tell me Fitz had *another* affair. But then someone made the suggestion that it could be Mellie and that just made me kind of squeal in delight. Why shouldn’t the First Lady have a little fun too?

Comment by anon – February 11, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the best idea yet!

Comment by Viv – February 11, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Woot! I hope so!

Comment by theOtherMonique – February 14, 2013 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What great news

Comment by Mary Morris – February 11, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is awesome news! Loving that Lisa is gonna be back on our screens, first house of lies and now this!. Freaking awesome!

Comment by Lyns – February 11, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news. I can’t wait!

Comment by HappyFan – February 11, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dead. Thank you, Shonda! Thank yopu so much! I love you!

Comment by Omg – February 11, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who?

Comment by Sarah – February 11, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for one am happy! Scandal is great but after this assassination arc, I think it’s been needing some fresh faces. Can’t wait for Scott Foley this week!

Comment by B – February 11, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her on “House”. Guess I’ll be watching “Scandal” for the first time. Thanks for the news, Aus.

Comment by Auden – February 11, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! Apparently this is my new favorite show. Thanks Michael.

Comment by Little Greg – February 11, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hands down the best news so far in 2013!
    I have been dreaming of this as Scandal is my new favorite show and I have been hoping for Shonda to work with Lisa for years.
    This makes sense and I am thrilled!
    MVP FTW! you got that right Ausiello :)

Comment by Lavia – February 11, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy

Comment by lola – February 11, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘House MVP’ You’ve got that right, Ausi!

Comment by jenna – February 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! “White House” ahaha… One more House :)

Comment by ppistachio – February 11, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EDELSTEIN GOOD! SCANDAL only 9 more episodes..BAD..me tarzan! lol

Comment by VOXPOP – February 11, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s going to be an high class escort who sleeps with a senior White House staff…oh wait.

Comment by Joe – February 11, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heh. Nice.

Comment by Ace – February 11, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But what will she be wearing? Laurie’s clothes were far less explicit than Cuddy’s.

Comment by Kath – February 11, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm .. you mean that Mellie could be exploring her status on the sexual orientation scale? Hmm, let me think… Yes, I can see that; she does not look like she blows very hot sexually with Fitz (it looks like power and politics give her multiple Os), & even when the marriage was dead she ‘seems’ not to have found ways to cope, because we all know she is not the woman who would through herself into the role of Mom-in-Chief role to replace a loveless marriage. So she could … yeah she could dabble. Interesting…

Comment by PhyllisD – February 11, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How much longer am I going to have to wait to see her on my tv for more than once every few months? She needs to become a series regular somewhere, soon! But so glad for this guest role, hopefully Rhimes enjoys working with her so much she makes her a guest on Grey’s as well!

Comment by Sydney – February 11, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yessssssssssssss…..I love you a Lisa Edelstein…. :)

Comment by sindy – February 11, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news,but I want an own series for Lisa!

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – February 11, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa rocks!!!! I´m so happy she is back and with the wonderful Shonda. That lady knows how to treat fans of her shows and that´s why everything she touches become a hit

Comment by Arianna – February 12, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is heavenly! So happy this is happening!
    I adore Lisa Edelstein as she is multi talented gorgeous and so much fun.
    Shondaland is a cool place to hang out at and this sounds like a blast!

Comment by Andrew – February 12, 2013 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited to see Lisa E on my screen again, but agree with some of the other posters on here. She really needs her own show!

Comment by Diane – February 12, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very disappointed in her character on Elementary, I was hoping that they would of given her something of an arc, with the possibility of her being the Professor, totally think she could play an amazing villain and I’m sure she would of loved the challenge of it. Here’s hoping that on Scandal they give her something juicily.

Comment by moobear – February 12, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How great to have Lisa Edelstein back on the screen in Scandal! A great actress for a great show. This has me really excited :)

Comment by Bel – February 12, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Lisa E., she was the best thing on House, other than House.

Comment by rmcepp – February 12, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! first scott foley now lisa edelstein! loved her on the good wife!!

Comment by Ren – February 12, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :D :D :D :D House MVP (most valuable player) —> Ausiello knows what he is talking about

Comment by Lolpen – February 12, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Her, please keep her around.

Comment by klaus – February 13, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too love this actress, she is beautiful and wonderful, don’t wait to see it in a regular series, I need it every week.

Comment by Neco – February 23, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post