Pilot News: Lost's Josh Holloway Finds Starring Role In CBS Drama Intelligence

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Josh_Holloway_300Lost alum Josh Holloway has signed on to star in the CBS drama pilot Intelligence, TVLine has confirmed.

The project, based on unpublished book Dissident by John Dixon, is set at US Cyber Command and focuses on a unit that has been created around one agent with a very special gift, a microchip that has been implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Season’s (Possible) Newcomers

According to Deadline, which broke the news, Holloway will play Gabriel Black, a former Navy Seal and dedicated intelligence officer.

The pilot will be directed by David Semel (Heroes, No Ordinary Family) from a script by Michael Seitzman.

Comments (60)

• sounds like Alphas?

Comment by prp125@charter.net – February 11, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not really. nowhere close to Alphas. this is more in the vein of Jake 2.0. and Six Million Dollar Man. Government agent aided by high-tech to carry out his missions.

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 11, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, Jake 2.0 was what came to mind when I read that description. Or Chuck, for that matter.

Comment by wordsmith – February 11, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I.AM.SO.WATCHING.THIS!!! Yeeeeeaaaah he’s back on my tvscreen!! Can’t wait! Also, the story actually had potential, love a good crime series :)

Comment by Cottage101 – February 11, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SQUEEE!!!

Comment by AT – February 11, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reads like “Chuck” to me.

Comment by Jon – February 11, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No sign of the overt geekiness of Chuck though. Regardless, it reads like a combination of different shows that I love, so I’m in.

Comment by ben – February 11, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! Wondered why he wasn’t in a series right out of LOST.

Comment by PLP – February 11, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK

Comment by Kevin – February 11, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you! I might start watching CBS again.

Comment by Jenna – February 11, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing.¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ I am watching it¡¡¡

Comment by Hannah – February 11, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love CS, but sounds stupid.

Comment by Pickle – February 11, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Er, meant “CBS.” lol

Comment by Pickle – February 11, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I was just thinking the other day how upset I am he hasn’t found his way back to TV! So excited.

Comment by Steve – February 11, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always figured he’d be doing features by now, what happened?

Comment by Jay – February 12, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like Jake 2.0 meets Chuck & The Unit

Comment by kraw hitham (@_krawhitham) – February 11, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! He’s finally back on t.v.! I’m very excited. And yes, it sounds like Chuck, but without the comedy. Like Psych and The Mentalist.

Comment by Bella – February 11, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to see him back…been too long…now hope the series is good enuf for him.

Comment by phoofy cat – February 11, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I want to see this more than ever now!
    If CBS paired this with Person of Interest I would be literally salivating with anticipation for Thursdays…

Comment by nick1372 – February 11, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • + 1 for Thursdays at 10/9 central.

Comment by lll – February 11, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Elementary fails absolutely! Or move Elementary to tuesday, either way is good.

Comment by Jay – February 12, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or perhaps Monday at 10pm? Move Five-O to …. Friday?

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – February 15, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been wondering what the heck happened to Josh Holloway!? Hope this show is better than it sounds…

Comment by Shifty – February 11, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! I was just watching clips of Lost today and thinking how much I missed Josh Holloway!

Comment by NM – February 11, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so…. Chuck?

Comment by Sammy the K (@hkmadman) – February 11, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope. Not watching him in anything else until they lock him down for The Dark Tower series. I’m on strike.

Comment by @heather_kaye – February 11, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What Dark Tower character? I’m just curious: Roland or Eddie?

Comment by Dayna – February 11, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About time he’s been made a regular lead on something! He’s so versatile + talented…not to mention well liked.

Comment by mia – February 11, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!!!

Comment by Nichole – February 11, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly!!!

Comment by bluefairy – February 11, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay so glad he got a show agree with others that it would be great paired with person of interest. but I so wanted josh to do one ep on poi.

Comment by ollie – February 11, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think i actually squealed inside when I read this. Josh – YES. Please let this be a huge hit.
    Sounds promising.

Comment by kirads09 – February 11, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in.

Comment by Renee – February 11, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite people from Lost… I’ll watch!

Comment by Babybop – February 11, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Color me intrigued.

Comment by Ace – February 11, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Josh Holloway and glad to see him back. But this sounds exactly like the now defunct Chuck series.

Comment by TVDIVA – February 11, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck was an okay show for the first couple of seasons. If they do this as a strait up action thriller it will be a hit. They shouldn’t try to make it a comedy though. That won’t work again.

Comment by Jay – February 12, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • <33333

Comment by Pickles – February 11, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After Lost, Josh said he’ll give himself five years to try to break into the movie business, so it looks like he’s officially given up. Kinda surprising that a man who was considered a breakout star has actually scored the least amount of work compared to his fellow Lost Alums.

Comment by quang – February 11, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Check his IMDB, he has been working ever since LOST. I am glad he will be on TV too. I loved his character in LOST. Good old Sawyer, good to see ya!! The show does sound similar to Chuck, but obviously with a more serious tone.

Comment by JBC – February 12, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think (sadly) it is a statement more about the movie/feature film business right now, rather than about Josh. That guy is a star – terrific actor. But the film industry right now is all about franchise building around action hero movies with relatively unknown younger actors/actresses who can sign on long-term for multiple sequels over multiple years. That’s not a knock on those movies or the actors/actresses in them – it’s just the way things are in that business right now. Josh probably ran into that issue – too old to play ‘Superboy’, and too cool to play in a rom-com chick-flick. The only movie options left were Pixar-type voice-overs and fall-holiday season academy award potential movies – neither is in Josh’s wheelhouse. So, his five year plan was almost up, and hence, time to give TV another try.

I will say this – that foursome on Lost of Josh, Matt, Evangeline and Elizabeth Mitchell – that was one of the best, coolest, sexiest foursomes I’ve ever seen on screen. Amazing team. The fact that none of the four has hit it big in the movies/features films since Lost is Hollywood loss.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – February 15, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If all Hollywood wants is unknown youngsters, why does Stallone keep having hits?

Comment by Jay – February 17, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He belong on TV. He had no charisma whatsoever

Comment by Jennifer – February 11, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jennifer did you even see lost. the dude oozed it.

Comment by cj – February 11, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • cj second that, he really did. tons of charisma!

Comment by JBC – February 12, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Josh oozes everything DELICIOUS. That is one S E X Y man and hope the show is worth watching. I never watched Chuck so don’t have a clue what the people mean when they say this sounds like Chuck. Love me some Sawyer.

Comment by KC – February 16, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh I have missed you!!

Comment by Mary – February 11, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll check it out. But it sounds like the serious version of Chuck.

Comment by stefany – February 11, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this sounded just like Chuck and I was ready to dismiss it but I will now be watching that Sawyer is in it. He is So talented he needs to be in movies. He was great in mission impossible 4. are you listening Hollywood. Come in jj u are producing half the show in tv put him in one. I hope this is good though because he would be a good spy character.

Comment by cj – February 11, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in. Glad to see him back.

Comment by Joan – February 12, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does that microchip give him the ability to give out cute, random nicknames like Nicki Minaj? LOL

Comment by Vighorois – February 12, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything Josh is in, I’ll watch, I don’t care what channel or what type of show. I would watch him in a (made-up) show about competitive fly fishermen. He is gorgeous and talented, so welcome back to tv Josh!

Comment by Lucy – February 12, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well being on CBS is a good start…they’re ratings gold!

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – February 12, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t sound like there’s going to be very much opportunity for him to be half-naked. Sigh. I love half-naked Josh.

Comment by MLO – February 12, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that he is back!!! Hope it’s done well.

Comment by DDD – February 12, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck: The Serious Version. Sounds nice, and finally he’ll be back as a main star. It was kinda sad when he got killed at the start of MI:GP…

Comment by Marco – February 16, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keri Russell got killed at the start of MI3. So did Emilio Estevez in the original. It’s part of the franchise, accept it.

Comment by Jay – February 17, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is this to be aired?

Comment by Alan – March 25, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Josh Holloway…dislike his new gig….

So tired of action, action, action…unrealistic and repetitive.

How about a plot that you can believe in…intelligent with mystery and turns and twists you can follow and later discuss…

The new listings this season…is boring, repetitious and all look-alikes….

Comment by ThinkToday – January 13, 2014 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post