Pilot News: Friday Night Lights Vet Aimee Teegarden Breathes In Oxygen at The CW

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

AimeeTeegardenAimee Teegarden is reuniting with The CW.

The Friday Night Lights actress, who last season toplined the network’s initial Selection pilot, has landed the lead role in the drama pilot Oxygen, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Oxygen, from Good Wife scribe Meredith Averill, chronicles an epic romance between a human girl and an alien boy when he and eight others of his kind (The Orion 9) are integrated into a suburban high school 10 years after they and hundreds of others landed on Earth. Life on Mars’ Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec and Scott Rosenberg are on board as EPs.

Teegarden will play Emery, the teen girl who falls in love with the hottie E.T.

As mentioned above, this is not Teegarden’s first experience with The CW. In addition to The Selection, which is getting another shot at a fall berth (albeit with a retooled script and new cast), Teegarden also guest-starred on the first season of 90210.

Comments (42)

• They should cast Angus T Jones opposite to her! He isn’t 2aaHM material anymore. Let Tanny date Alan and Angus disappear!

Comment by Maki – February 9, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They might want to change that working title. Good for her, though.

Comment by Tony S – February 9, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i like the title

Comment by Jay – February 11, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember Rhonda…LOL! And I LOVED Roswell and The WB.

Comment by Prue – February 9, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it’s like Roswell only with more aliens?

Comment by AJ – February 9, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was thinking…

Comment by Melissa – February 9, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sounds more like District 9

Comment by Fiona – February 11, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the exact same thing. Roswell was about the epic romance of Max and Liz although the writers screwed it up. I did enjoy Roswell and Loved Max and Liz and thought Jason and Shiri had great chemistry and played their roles well. I do not know about this show or Teegarden as the human girl abeit I am not a big fan of hers. Yes basically Roswell with more Aliens. They even have the 10 year after landing thing to just like Roswell. So the WB cancels Roswell and 10 years after its cancellation we get an obvious repeat of it how ironic.

Comment by Shannon – May 2, 2013 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite part about her acting career was when she was killed in Scream 4.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – February 9, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Roswell so much I’ll give it a try.

Comment by Thea – February 9, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my thought exactly. Haha…

Comment by Ginger – February 9, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they were going to keep her for The Selection second chance. Apparently not…

Comment by James – February 9, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they kamikaze’d the entire Selection cast aside from the lead.

Comment by kavyn – February 9, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she SUCKS god no well thats a failed show u need a likeable lead for a show to work and i sorry but when she was on 90210 she just sucked and her acting was terriable she sounds like shes just reading the script on front of her

Comment by MistyB – February 9, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she was on 90210? I just know I watched the first season of FNL on Netflix and then stopped because I hated her.

Comment by Elyse – February 9, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Punctuation is your friend.

Comment by Brody – February 9, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She look way to old to be in high school…

Comment by Derek – February 9, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so basically, I Am Number Four?

Comment by Logan – February 9, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Roswell did it first and better. Check it out.

Comment by Mick – February 9, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds like Roswell, which I already know will always be better than whatever this plans to be. And I’m fairly certain they’ll rename this show if it actually makes it to air.

Comment by sonya – February 9, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same thought I was having. Roswell did it first and better. Plus the lead actors played their parts extremely well and they clearly had great chemistry. You can really feel their epic romance. It is ironic this clearly rip off is making its way 10 years after Roswell’s cancellation. If she was not the female lead I would give it a chance, but she was the one character/actor I highly disliked on Friday Night Lights. I still think they should do a Roswell show that chronciles their war with their enemies and we actually seethe enemy.

Comment by Shannon – May 2, 2013 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oxygen sounds like a good show to pair with BATBs second season :)

Comment by Jade – February 9, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Batb wont have a second season lol. That show is embarrassing and the ratings mirror that.

Comment by Danielle – February 11, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder what this means for The Selection.

Comment by Kayla – February 9, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never mind, just read that Aimee left the pilot for The Selection and they are looking for someone else.

Comment by Kayla – February 9, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Aimee was the loan holdover for the revamped Selection. Does being lead in Oxygen remove her from that project then? Anyone know?? And if so, cast Britt Robertson (Life Unexpected) for it. Also, I still like Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman even for CWs origin story Amazon.

Comment by Justin – February 9, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Britt Robertson is in Under the Dome for CBS.

Comment by johnhelvete – February 9, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, looking forward to that. It’s only a short summer series though so I think she may be able to swing it.

Comment by Justin – February 9, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds way too similar to The Lorien Legacies.

Comment by Bonnie – February 9, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not too bothered about this being Roswell 2.0, after all doesn’t the saying go “There are no original ideas anymore”? More concerned that it sounds like there’ll be a million cast members, and the last thing we need is another show that doesn’t know what to do with half it’s cast. Although maybe that’s just Glee!

Comment by Dizzle – February 9, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s playing a teenager? Maybe it’s a bad photo but she looks thirty years old.

I loved Roswell. Hope this show is good.

Comment by Sally Sue Bryant – February 9, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, I hated Rhonda and I laughed when she died in Scream 4.
    I think that she would have benefited from a show like The Selection but given that she’s still playing the lover-girl archetype, I think she will be a good asset to the CW.

Comment by Jay – February 9, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Roswell is back!

Comment by Josh – February 9, 2013 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oxygen sounds like a CW show but come on, it’s a rehash of Roswell.

Comment by ABC – February 10, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s pretty clear from the description that these aliens will be known to the general population rather than hidden like in Roswell.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – February 10, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be funny now if they picked up The Selection and not this.

Comment by dude – February 10, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually could be more along the lines of The Lux series (Obsidian, Onyx, Opal…) from Jennifer Armentrout. Amazing series!!!

Comment by Kel507 – February 11, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ohhh I saw that show in 1999 and it was Roswell… teens, aliens school ….in 2013 there is not a new idea for a show

Comment by kiti – February 13, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could the alien hottie please be played by Zack Gilford?

Comment by RichieS – February 14, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If he was on it and opposite a different female lead I would tune into the clearly rehashed of Roswell. To comment on an earlier post: yes it is true there no more truly orginal, imaginative fun etc pik and adjective left in Hollywood all what they know is remakes of classic movies/shows which they butcher.

Comment by Shannon – May 2, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.

I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!\

Comment by Nike Air Max – March 6, 2014 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post