Pilot News: Friday Night Lights Vet Aimee Teegarden Breathes In Oxygen at The CW

AimeeTeegardenAimee Teegarden is reuniting with The CW.

The Friday Night Lights actress, who last season toplined the network’s initial Selection pilot, has landed the lead role in the drama pilot Oxygen, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Oxygen, from Good Wife scribe Meredith Averill, chronicles an epic romance between a human girl and an alien boy when he and eight others of his kind (The Orion 9) are integrated into a suburban high school 10 years after they and hundreds of others landed on Earth. Life on Mars’ Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec and Scott Rosenberg are on board as EPs.

Teegarden will play Emery, the teen girl who falls in love with the hottie E.T.

As mentioned above, this is not Teegarden’s first experience with The CW. In addition to The Selection, which is getting another shot at a fall berth (albeit with a retooled script and new cast), Teegarden also guest-starred on the first season of 90210.

1. Maki says:

They should cast Angus T Jones opposite to her! He isn’t 2aaHM material anymore. Let Tanny date Alan and Angus disappear!

2. Tony S says:

They might want to change that working title. Good for her, though.

3. Prue says:

I remember Rhonda…LOL! And I LOVED Roswell and The WB.

4. AJ says:

So it’s like Roswell only with more aliens?

• Melissa says:

Exactly what I was thinking…

• Fiona says:

Sounds more like District 9

• Shannon says:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Roswell was about the epic romance of Max and Liz although the writers screwed it up. I did enjoy Roswell and Loved Max and Liz and thought Jason and Shiri had great chemistry and played their roles well. I do not know about this show or Teegarden as the human girl abeit I am not a big fan of hers. Yes basically Roswell with more Aliens. They even have the 10 year after landing thing to just like Roswell. So the WB cancels Roswell and 10 years after its cancellation we get an obvious repeat of it how ironic.

5. My favorite part about her acting career was when she was killed in Scream 4.

6. Thea says:

I miss Roswell so much I’ll give it a try.

7. James says:

I thought they were going to keep her for The Selection second chance. Apparently not…

8. MistyB says:

she SUCKS god no well thats a failed show u need a likeable lead for a show to work and i sorry but when she was on 90210 she just sucked and her acting was terriable she sounds like shes just reading the script on front of her

9. Derek says:

She look way to old to be in high school…

10. Logan says:

so basically, I Am Number Four?

11. sonya says:

It sounds like Roswell, which I already know will always be better than whatever this plans to be. And I’m fairly certain they’ll rename this show if it actually makes it to air.

• Shannon says:

Same thought I was having. Roswell did it first and better. Plus the lead actors played their parts extremely well and they clearly had great chemistry. You can really feel their epic romance. It is ironic this clearly rip off is making its way 10 years after Roswell’s cancellation. If she was not the female lead I would give it a chance, but she was the one character/actor I highly disliked on Friday Night Lights. I still think they should do a Roswell show that chronciles their war with their enemies and we actually seethe enemy.

12. Jade says:

Oxygen sounds like a good show to pair with BATBs second season :)

13. Kayla says:

I wonder what this means for The Selection.

14. Justin says:

I thought Aimee was the loan holdover for the revamped Selection. Does being lead in Oxygen remove her from that project then? Anyone know?? And if so, cast Britt Robertson (Life Unexpected) for it. Also, I still like Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman even for CWs origin story Amazon.

15. Bonnie says:

Sounds way too similar to The Lorien Legacies.

16. Dizzle says:

Not too bothered about this being Roswell 2.0, after all doesn’t the saying go “There are no original ideas anymore”? More concerned that it sounds like there’ll be a million cast members, and the last thing we need is another show that doesn’t know what to do with half it’s cast. Although maybe that’s just Glee!

17. Sally Sue Bryant says:

She’s playing a teenager? Maybe it’s a bad photo but she looks thirty years old.

I loved Roswell. Hope this show is good.

18. Jay says:

Ugh, I hated Rhonda and I laughed when she died in Scream 4.
    I think that she would have benefited from a show like The Selection but given that she’s still playing the lover-girl archetype, I think she will be a good asset to the CW.

19. Josh says:

Yay Roswell is back!

20. ABC says:

Oxygen sounds like a CW show but come on, it’s a rehash of Roswell.

21. Cloudy Knight says:

It’s pretty clear from the description that these aliens will be known to the general population rather than hidden like in Roswell.

22. dude says:

It would be funny now if they picked up The Selection and not this.

23. Kel507 says:

Actually could be more along the lines of The Lux series (Obsidian, Onyx, Opal…) from Jennifer Armentrout. Amazing series!!!

24. kiti says:

ohhh I saw that show in 1999 and it was Roswell… teens, aliens school ….in 2013 there is not a new idea for a show

25. RichieS says:

Could the alien hottie please be played by Zack Gilford?

• Shannon says:

If he was on it and opposite a different female lead I would tune into the clearly rehashed of Roswell. To comment on an earlier post: yes it is true there no more truly orginal, imaginative fun etc pik and adjective left in Hollywood all what they know is remakes of classic movies/shows which they butcher.

26. Nike Air Max says:

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.

I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!\