25 Shows You Want Remade or Revived Now!

In honor of Disney Channel’s Boy Meets World sequel, Girl Meets World — and the success of updates like Dallas, Nikita and even The Carrie Diaries — we proposed last month a list of 23 series that deserve continuations or new incarnations.

As is often the case at TVLine, though, our readers filled the comments section with so many intriguing ideas that we couldn’t help creating a little spinoff of our own — call it Remakes and Revivals: The Next Generation, if you will!

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

So click through the gallery below to check out your comrades’ picks, then hit the comments and tell us which ones you’d greenlight!

1. bob says:

I would also say Profit it was too far ahead of its time

2. Lee Fowler says:

Yes! Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Full House, those would be my top choices!!!!

3. Brian says:

Deadwood

• Emily says:

That wrap-up movie we were all promised, at the very least.

• Marilyn says:

I would definitely bring back DEADWOOD, it was brilliantly written. Also, LIFE, one of the best series ever, and most definitely, BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER, what a fun time that one was.

• MaryAnn says:

I just want a wrap-up. That show really did end on a cliffhanger. It would have been nice to see it all resolved as the show’s creator originally intended; I understand he ended up with conflicting obligations, and had to choose. “Deadwood” lost.

4. kate says:

And where is Legend of the Seeker????

5. MistyB says:

BUFFY BUFFY BUFFY BUFFY BUFFY with sarah Michelle Gellar :) NOW please

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

That would be simply awesome, but I really doubt she’d want to do it again. She’d had enough back when which it partly why it ended even then. But anyway awesome show, one of the all-tine best ever on TV!

6. AT says:

I’d still say Moonlight. Let it be a few years later, wrap up the Mick/Beth story with a TV movie or miniseries (too much time has passed and many of the actors are doing different projects to continue as a full series) and then begin the spinoff show that takes place in the same universe with new characters and a new story.

7. No we don’t need/want a Buffy remake/reboot. It will never be as good as the original series. There has been talks over the years about a new Macgyver remake either with a young son or a teen Mac but it never goes anywhere. M.A.S.H. – same as Buffy. Lost in Space – the movie reboot tanked. Brisco Counry Jr – might have worked when Hercules/Xena was on air due to the knock offs on some of the Greek/world history at times. Not sure if it would work today but you’d have a hard time finding someone as talented as Bruce to play Brisco.

8. Gem says:

LOL. Xander as a watcher… I would watch that.

9. Raver says:

What? No X-files? I just want something as fantastic as X-files in concept and the amaze-balls chemistry like David and Gillian had as Mulder and Scully!

• scooby says:

Exactly. No sure where some of these suggestions came from. Definitely X-Files pre-Mulder departure. I want a reboot of what happened to his sister. Also, why would anybody bring back West Wing and not Sports Night? West Wing only works with Sorkin so you’d have to make that a requirement.

• A says:

Uh, there was a show exactly as you described that went off the air last month. You should really check out Fringe. :/

• keja says:

Fringe was fantastic, but Fringe and X-Files really were two totally different animals. I’d love to see an X-Files revival. Assuming that the 2012 alien invasion didn’t happen in X-Files land, we could catch up with Baby William as a teen or twenty-something — with his implied “gifts” and alien importance — and take it from there. It would leave room for X-Files cameos while focusing on different characters. Could have a lot of potential.

10. Missy Kelly says:

I agree with “Life” – That so was so good – I hate when great things go unnoticed!

• MaryAnn says:

I would definitely watch new episodes with the original cast, but I’m not sure how much of what was wonderful about that show was the writing, and how much was the cast.

11. katejones says:

PUSHING DAISIES!!!

12. Brooke says:

I am a huge Veronica Mars fan. The concept was really catching! I don’t know if Kristen Bell is too big for it now, but VM is her roots! VM had all the components of mystery, action, girl power, love triangles, everything! But Jack and Bobby also! That was a really interesting perspective. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer would be interesting remade.

• Win says:

She just tweeted a link to an email at warner brothers asking us to make our voice heard about the movie sometime in the past week or so. She still game, she actually loves her character.

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

She still looks almost the same (and even if she didn’t there’d always be the FBI continuation option) and she IS still totally interested. This one needs to happen. It’s not too late for this one (unlike, perhaps, for something like Buffy). At the very least the movie! I don’t know why WB sits on it. They are afraid to make it because it might not do well. But they afraid to hand the rights over to her, to make it indie, because it might do well (and then they’d look silly for having handed the rights away). Or something like that.
      THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

13. Disco Dave says:

Life was a great premise and good show.

I’d also offer up Jericho. The success of Revolution and the Walking Dead has set a better table for apocalyptic thrillers.

…and there is a part of me that would love to see an Airwolf revival. Can’t help it.

14. Percysowner says:

Veronica Mars, The Pretender, Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies.

15. jasie says:

id love to get a fresh season of BOSTON PUBLIC. bring back some of the core cast like Chi Mcbride, Anthoyn Heald, Jessalyn Gilsig and Loretta Devine. plus mix in some new teachers etc. it was my favorite show and a reboot may make them finally release it to dvd.

16. Aleana says:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Verionca Mars Firefly and even though One Tree Hill off air last year I will bring it back picked up where left off also Dawson Creek but i really want Buffy back

17. Meg says:

I don’t have much to add except I’m really happy the sideshow feature on mobile has been improved so much.

18. Anne says:

What about Dark Angel? I loved that show and it could use a proper ending

• Ally Oop says:

Dark Angel for sure! That show was awesome and I remember how mad I was when they cancelled it.

• Brandi G says:

I would LOVE for Charmed to make a comeback, Dark Angel is a must! I was super upset that it just dropped. Quantum Leap would be fantastic now that we got more history to cover; plus better graphics. FRIENDS too!!!!!! What are they doing now, 10 years later?

• Iheartpiper says:

I’m a huge Charmed fan, but I would only want to see it comeback if it revolved around the next gen. They did a beautiful job closing the show up; it would be a shame to tarnish the charmed ones.

19. Ebay4Ever says:

I would love a Facts Of Life revival & Veronica Mars hated when CW cancelled the show :(

20. Dan says:

Lost in Space could be a great show to reboot. I’d really like to see Startrek or Stargate rebooted on network tv, Jericho or Life on cable.

21. Alice says:

I’d like to see Defying Gravity revived. It’s deader than dead, but the creator mapped out the plan for the entire series in an interview a few years ago and it would have been awesome.
    They shot themselves in the foot between mistakenly trying to get viewers by billing it as “Grey’s Anatomy in space” rather than promoting the mystery/mythology of the “objects”. And then not advertising it at all.

22. Mary says:

Pushing Daisies! That along with Buffy and Alias.

23. Fernanda says:

Why You’d Bring It Back: “I wanna know what happened with the Salingers [in the last 13 years].” –Fernanda

THANKS TO TAKE MY SUGGESTION

24. K says:

This list means nothing if TWIN PEAKS isn’t on it.

25. Marco says:

Anyone else wanting a revival of Dead Like Me? I was in lesbians with that show so much and it basically got cancelled because the then-boss of Showtime hated it, and it had very good ratings, so it would be convenient to give it another go.

• Win says:

They tried with the movie, to see of they show could garner enough interest for a revival. It didn’t. Which is sad, I love that show.

• Alice says:

I think it would be neat to revive it, with George as the leader of the Reapers,passing out post-its, now that they finally moved beyond the whole “her family is around” thing

• Ashley says:

So glad someone mentioned Dead Like Me, absolutely loved it

26. bbau05 says:

I would love to see Jack & Bobby return. It’s in my opinion one of the most original drama serie ever. Love the perspective, the interviews woven in with important people from the future and both actors were great. And after seeing Matt Long on Private Practice this last season, it reminded me how great of an actor he is.
    But I wouldn’t say no to a return of 24, Dollhouse, Jericho, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Event and Flash Forward either.

• keja says:

I’ll second a T:TSCC continuation. Plug got pulled on that one just as it was starting to get really good.

• HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy says:

Yeah the plans for the third season were so incredible. Can’t believe they didn’t at least let us get that third season!!
        And man to put it, right after the writer’s strike which basically no new show survived, first against MNF and then against Friday night, come on, they never gave it a chance. Plus that was also in the age just before they started counting DVRs a bit (and the ratings, I believe were said to have more than doubled with DVRs counted), such a shame, such a waste too bad the archaic Nielsen ratings helped to let FOX foolishly do it in.

• Alice says:

The set up for the third season had SO much potential! Although, the second season was not great, but that last 5 minutes kind of made up for it.

27. Timothy says:

Still waiting for a proper reboot of The Mole. That was such a quality show.

28. Terry says:

Ah, Wonderfalls, YES, <3

29. Not says:

Sports Night!!!

30. Toni says:

I was obsessed with Life. It was such a great show.

31. mark says:

Knots Landing needs to come back just like Dallas, Bring back Gary, Val, Mack, Karen, and Abby as supporting characters and have the show focus on a now grown Bobby, Betsy and Meg.

32. Jay says:

You think a reboot would be great because you loved the original, but once it finally airs you realise you can’t go back. How about some good, fresh ideas that we’ll debate rebooting 20 years from now…

33. bbau05 says:

I just finished the gallery and I totally forgot about Veronica Mars and Alias. The best roles ever for Kristen and Jennifer, with epic characters.

34. Amanda says:

The Facts of Life
    Veronica Mars
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer

And that’s all I need!

35. Amiee says:

Firefly only if it is a revival. If it’s not the original cast with the original storyline I don’t want it! Also, I’m not sure they should bring back M*A*S*H. It was perfect and I just don’t think we could capture that magic again. Any attempt would be a poor shadow and who wants that? Just watch reruns of the real thing.

36. Astrid says:

How about Lie To Me!!! I really miss that show.. <3

• I was gonna post a comment ranting on why the hell LTM was canceled and should definitely be revived (with exactly the same actors, you hear me Tim?) but I saw your comment.. :DD People to this day loove it and over discussions that I had on fansites, many people still miss it an awfully lot :(

37. Dave says:

Yes, yes, yes! To “Grosse Pointe!” That show was hilarious, glad to have that on DVD! I’d love to see a reboot of “Falcon Crest,” but without Jane Wyman’s wonderfully evil Angela Channing, I don’t think it could be successful.

38. Mellie says:

THE TICK! YES!

39. maki says:

charmed-remake or S9. either way I miss this girls kick ass.

• Win says:

That would be nice, and they could just follow the season nine comic book premise, which ain’t half bad.

• Kat says:

Or they could always do that spin-off that was in talks after the show was cancelled. I would love to see the next generation of Halliwells picking up where their parents left off. And now that Drew is done with Army Wives, it’s the perfect time to move forward with this idea. :)

40. LC says:

Love the West Wing reboot with Sam Seaborn as POTUS. And just for a surprise, how about Laurie as FLOTUS. Built-in first season conflict: the press uncovers Laurie’s past and the impact on the Oval Office. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, just watch the pilot again!) Of course we need Josh as Chief of Staff and must fit CJ, Toby and Donna in there somewhere!

41. Ashley says:

Picture a “Full House” revival with DJ as a widowed mom and Stephanie and Kimmy Gibbler moving in to help her out with her kids. Crack-tastic? Maybe. Bad? Possibly. Would I watch it? Couldn’t resist!

42. Beth says:

Magnum PI with crossovers with NCIS and JAG

• MaryAnn says:

I would like to see a made for tv movie showing us where Magnum is in 2013, with Tom Selleck still playing the character. I get the feeling that this portrayal would age just as well as Larry Hagman’s J.R. Ewing.

43. Breck says:

How about some classic Nickelodeon game shows like: Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, Double Dare, Wild and Crazy Kids

44. Christie says:

I 100% agree with Eli Stone! That show was great and I was very surprised when it was canceled!

45. MKS says:

Would love to see Quantum Leap again. Scott Bakula is still sexy in his 50s and there is so much more history/time to cover now. Many good stories yet to explore.

46. Win says:

Charmed: the next generation. All the halliwell kids kicking ass and taking names. With rose mcGowan starring as Paige Matthews, former charmed one, now elder head of magic school. Helping the next gen of Halliwell wiches combat evil.

or Magic School. Where future Wyatt and Chris are instructors at Magic school, and they are tasked with teaching some troubled teen witches how to use their powers and be responsible and fight the good fight and resist hormones, all while finding love for themselves, battling demons and maintaining their bromance, despite their stubborn nature. Featuring PAIGE THEIR ELDER AUNT!

47. Tiffany says:

West Wing with Sam as POTUS is what many of us are waiting for. In the “Hartsfield Landing” episode, Pres. Bartlett sat there over a game of chess with Sam and said “Sam, you’re going to run for President one day. Don’t be scared. You can do it. I believe in you.” It’s been long enough that he should be running now! I’d love a show that started with his campaign. Maybe he’s in Congress and Josh shows up and says, “I found a guy.” Sam says “who?” and Josh replies “You. It’s time.” (goes to get out the box set and starts watching again…)

48. Ally Oop says:

Would love to see a Party of Five revival. Other shows I’d love are a Veronica Mars revival, Gilmore Girls return, Dark Angel return, and more Life. And while we are at it BRING BACK JEROCHO. No remakes of anything please, just returns of old actors.

49. Kaulbach Kurt-James says:

Um, reboot Dynasty. Pile it up with new and famous faces, hire a notable fashion designer to dress everyone (RIP Nolan Miller), and for the love of all that is sacred in television, think outside the [soap] box. Go deep. Bring the nostalgia down by changing the tone and locale. “Dallas” has to stay in Dallas and is never not gonna be about oil. “Dynasty” is not synonymous with Colorado OR oil. Instead, make it THE New York show like SATC and spread the sources of wealth to more modern, intriguing ventures. One bitch could be a ‘Real Housewife’ starlet of sorts. Another could be a health guru. And color up the cast.

Oh…

And Joan Collins as [touchstone of wisdom and glamour] Alexis Carrington Colby, etc.

50. Tinemi says:

Ok… I’m on the Firefly reboot… although I have a hard time imagining another actor as Captain Mal… maybe not a reboot but a re-do, with the original gang and new comers.