Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Good Wife, Psych, Covert Affairs, Grimm, Being Human and More!

Red Team/Blue TeamWhat should Psych fans get psyched for? What blast from the past will The Good Wife get? Is Arrow off his mark? Will Josh cease Being Human? Get answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Psych | Your long, (semi-)patient wait is just about over, Psych-os, with the Season 7 now just… well, less than three weeks away. I am two episodes in, and here’s a tiny taste of what’s ahead for Team Pineapple. You will see Shawn repeatedly wrestle with what exactly the term “Mexican stand-off” means, have cause to tell Jules, “I’ve got the greatest girlfriend ever” and, in a sad-ish turn of events, blow up [spoiler]‘s car. As for Gus, he finds love with ER‘s Parminder Nagra – which pleases him greatly since, as he notes, he tends to fall for “killers or girls dating killers.” And while Gus will declare his new lady to be “the one,” Shawn can’t help but selfishly ask, “But is she the one for us?” There’s also what has turned out to be a dated Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23 reference, a land mine winds up in a very bad place, and when Shawn’s lease expires… well, that leads to all kinds of complications/discussions, as you might imagine.

RELATED | Psych Renewed for Eighth (and Final?) Season

Arrow | Stephen Amell talked up this past week’s “Betrayal” plenty. But given how it ended – and especially if you watched the new promo– he also had something to tease about Episode 14, titled “The Odyssey” and seemingly featuring Olivier in a fugue state of sorts after suffering a major injury. “Episode 14 is a radical departure for the series based on how most episodes have been structured, and it will be probably the toughest episode for me to shoot,” he shared the week before filming it. “John Behring, who directed our sixth episode featuring the Royal Flush Gang, is coming back for that one, and it is going to be incredible.”

RELATED | The Good Wife: Josh Charles Inks New Deal, Dylan Baker to Return

The Good Wife | I’ll keep this fresh bit of intel short but sweet — and sweetly provocative it is: Shockingly, the CBS drama with its next episode (airing Feb. 17) will suddenly revive a storyline that has been in hibernation for more than a year. Which dormant tale do you think will be dusted off? Share your theories in Comments!

Covert Affairs | A new man will be entering Annie’s orbit when Season 4 arrives – definitely for business, and possibly (we must always wonder) for pleasure. The USA Network series is casting the series regular role of Calder Michaels, a cocky and ambitious CIA station chief who ascended to that choice post at a relatively young age (i.e. in his 30s), and is hungry (and destined for) more. Calder grew up on a U.S. military base in Germany, so expect him to just as worldly as the well-versed Agent Walker. Casting suggestions?

And now, diving into the Inside Line reader mailbag….

I’m loving the new season of Being Human but I’m not going to lie — I miss Josh as a werewolf. Please tell me that he will become a wolf again at some point? – Scott
“Things are not likely to ever really work out for Aidan, Sally, Josh and Nora in the way that they hope –and I mean that in the best way possible,” showrunner Anna Fricke answers. “The show is about exploring all aspects of what it means for these characters to be human. But if Josh were just forever human and if Sally could just forever change into cute outfits, we wouldn’t be pushing ourselves. Maybe the characters would be happy but the show would be over. Things will get complicated. The interesting thing will be to see how.”

Are Grimm fans ever going to find out why Renard wears what looks to be a wedding band on his left-hand ring finger? –Shannon
Quite possibly. But for now, all show boss David Greenwalt will (cryptically) share is this: “It’s not a wedding ring….”

RELATED | Frances Conroy, Taissa Farmiga to Return for American Horror Story‘s Third Season

I just saw FX artwork that said American Horror Story: Salem with a picture of the back of someone’s head hanging from a noose. Is it real? –Billy
That is fakety-fake piece of Fake-oshop work – which I suspected the instant I saw it. Because ask yourself this: Isn’t it a bit tame for a Horror Story poster? Now, if the noose was on someone with two heads…

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around!

Comments (90)

• Will and Alicia together

Comment by sara – February 8, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Judge from promo,seconded. But she and Peter are doing so well.

Comment by Alex Green – February 8, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know right. And I so wished they would truly explore Alicia/Peter.

Comment by Kiki – February 8, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, me too! I hope the spoiler is about Will and Alicia, but not about a reconciliation or anything like it. I hope they have a fight that will put an end to them so they both can truly move on!

Comment by Carol – February 8, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with the comlete removal of Will from Alicia’s life and the coming together of her and Peter and putting the family back in their old house.

Comment by James Butler – February 12, 2013 08:35 AM PDT
          • I think that would be rather boring.

Comment by rmcepp – February 12, 2013 09:50 AM PDT
        • Peter and Alicia forever.

Comment by nikki – February 8, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve never understood why anyone would want Alicia to take Peter back. He cheated on her with a hooker and publicly humiliated her.

Comment by Carrie – February 9, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She also commited adultery with her boss and realized later that it was a mistake. Cheating is cheating no matter if you paid for it or give it away.

Comment by James Butler – February 12, 2013 08:38 AM PDT
    • I dont’ think it’s necessarily going to be Will and Alicia getting back together, but I think that they will revisit the love triangle. I think that Will will finally get angry about being dumped, and things will come to blows.

Comment by lara – February 8, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i feel like it’s not will and alicia because they discussed their break-up at the beginning of this season with the whole kristen chenoweth debacle.

Comment by stephvaz – February 8, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope ♥

Comment by Renata Rocha – February 8, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t it the businessman/wife killer, I heard that actor is coming back.

Comment by moobear – February 8, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I read that Colin Sweeney was coming back. I happen to like Alicia with Peter better than Will.

Comment by Goldie – February 9, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope you’re right! I mean, if we’re talking about relationships that were never fully explored…
      Though that promo makes it appear like she’s about to cuss him out, kiss, or even smack him. So who knows what’s afoot.

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 9, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I cannot find the promo. Any suggestions?

Comment by Goldie – February 9, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, I hope so!!!!! Love them together.

Comment by Lauren Wilson – February 9, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please tell me that Shawn is not about to blow up the Blueberry. That would be heartbreaking.

Comment by wordsmith – February 8, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Any car but the Blueberry would be fine with me, Take Lassie’s car, if he’s got it back since it was stolen in Last Night Gus. Take Juliet’s little green one. Take Henry’s truck. Just don’t take the Blueberry!

Comment by Andy – February 8, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it’s “heartbreaking”, my guess would be yes.

Comment by Aleksa – February 8, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, the fact that it’s billed as a “sad-ish turn of events” means that it’s a vehicle that we actually care about. Alas, poor Blueberry…

Comment by wordsmith – February 8, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • dear god no not the blueberry. i actually think i would take its death harder than most characters on tv

Comment by Alan – February 8, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • at the end of last season my biggest worry was Henry’s cliffhanger. now the fate of another character so-to-speak has me worried.

Comment by Andy – February 8, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m afraid for what will happen when Shawn tells Juliet he’s not a real psychic…

Comment by Babybop – February 8, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like we’ve got at least two seasons til we have to be worried about that event. I don’t think she’ll know until we get close to the series finale.

Comment by Andy – February 8, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • nah he is already contemplating it; and in my opinion the show needs to mix it up a little, its still hilarious but i think a slight change in dynamic could be called for after all these years, i think it will happen before the end of this season

Comment by Alan – February 8, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe The Good Wife will finally address the reason the Feds were recording Eli’s calls. More importantly, the next episode is on 02/17 and not this Sunday.

Comment by Kathryn – February 8, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed; amended.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 8, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I very much enjoy how your readers know you, Mr. Matt Webb Mitovich, take the time to read our comments as you, (1) at times, respond to them & (2) will also fix your very few & far between mistakes. Thank You!!!

Comment by EL – February 11, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But this is a storyline “in hibernation”, it’s been ongoing for several episodes.

Comment by Alex Green – February 8, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else think Josh might end up becoming a ghost?

Comment by Russ – February 8, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be an entertaining twist. And since Annie was resurrected using Ray’s blood, maybe there are some wolf-y side effects in her future?

Comment by wordsmith – February 8, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And of course by Annie I mean Sally – I’m getting my UK/US versions mixed up…

Comment by wordsmith – February 9, 2013 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh nice to get some early Covert Affairs scoop. So wait, the guy is supposed to be in his 30s now, or he *was* in his 30s when he got the CIA station chief job?

Comment by maryploppins – February 8, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s mind-boggling that none of the cops on Psych has been saying “This guy is not a psychic!” This is why Mentalist is the better show, because the cops aren’t brain dead morons who think this guy is psychic.
    But than again the only good stuff is the Yin and Yang stuff, and they totally ruined that by killing of Peter Weller.

Comment by Patrick Maloney – February 8, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apart from Lassie. Repeatedly.

Comment by Iwazaru – February 8, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh come on that’s like saying, I’m shocked no one has fired the Dean from Community, Psych is a silly (but brilliant) show, relax and spend more time trying to spot the pineapple and trying to figure out what genre they haven’t spoofed yet.

Comment by moobear – February 8, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be a fun idea for an article/suggestions thread: what genre haven’t they spoofed and who would be amazing guest stars for said genre? :)

Comment by Tiffany – February 8, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its called suspension of disbelief, its the sacred pact between the writer and the viewer, you just dont question this stuff. your comment implies you watch the show but if the only good stuff is the yin and yang stuff, which is literally just 3 episodes, why do you watch it if you clearly dont like it.
      also the mentalist is a cheap knock off of psych with the drama ramped up just to differentiate it, it should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as psych.

Comment by Alan – February 8, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed!!!!

Comment by Kc – February 8, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes Alan! You know that’s right!

Comment by Wow – February 8, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As Shawn would say, “…except THAT guy is a phoney!”

Comment by Loves Lassie – February 8, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pat, I think Gus would agree with me when I think: you must be out of your “damn mind”! :)

Comment by Wow – February 8, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you were a sleep when lassie put him in a lie detector? Also it is clear that the chief has always known he is a fake…

Comment by Lisa – February 8, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ive always believe that they all know he is a fake but they go along with it because he has such a high solve rate for crimes and generally makes things a little more fun in such a depressing job when he isnt being the most annoying person he can possibly be.

Comment by Alan – February 9, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have always believed that Chief Vick realizes that he’s not psychic, but doesn’t care because he helps them solve cases. It’s unlikely that she would have the ability to pay for a consultant who’s just some guy off the street, so calling him a psychic works for her.

Comment by Miss M – February 9, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will definitely be the Kalinda and Cary storyline.. they hinted a while back that they would be revisiting their short lived romance

Comment by Shannon H. – February 8, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want that to be true, but I think they’re jerking fans around with that. Wasn’t the King’s tease something like “things could get romantic–or not.”
      Mmmmkay.
      Also Archie just said (when asked about potential love interests while being interviewed on the red carpet for the NAACP Image awards) that “there is a new girl on the show… somebody who my character knows.” So maybe Kalinda is about to get a new girlfriend, which unfortunately probably means no Cary & Kalinda. :(
      Btw, TVLine, can you find out more about this “new girl”? Actress, character description, something? Please and thanks!

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 9, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’ve made fool of fans for 4 years about Cary and Kalinda. But this time it’s even worse. They had Cary involved in that Nick storyline, they had him beaten up, they cut off all his parts, and then the result is that Kalinda is getting a “new girl”. So, yeah, I’m not ok at all with them just “reconnecting”. But I’m not angry because Cary and Kalinda won’t be. I’m angry because writers wasted 4 YEARS for this.
        No Cary/Kalinda wouldn’t be even a big issue if they managed to find a real love interest for Cary. Instead while every damn season James Bond-Kalinda gets a a couple of new love interests (this year we got 3 love interests), Cary is stucked withe those damn unresolved feelings (which they never have time to address) for her and he just got demotions, evil Dana and beaten up. I’ve enough. And I’ve enough of Kalinda’s love/sex interests.

Comment by Lucy – February 9, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They never will go there. Mostly because Cary is a man (who oddly cares about her and is not JUST interested in having sex with her) and apparently that’s a bad thing.

Comment by Pam – February 12, 2013 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t know why Eyal is not a series regular. He is attractive and a very strong actor, unless he has other plans in his career, he would be perfect. He can be funny too.

Comment by rmcepp – February 12, 2013 09:41 AM PDT
  • Hope The Good Wife revisits Will and Alicia. The show has just not been the same. Also, don’t care about Covert Affairs after they killed off Simon. He was the best thing that happened to that show in a long tim!

Comment by MGL – February 8, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who is tim?

Comment by ha – February 8, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Will/Alicia was the only romantic storyline I actually cared about. Hope they get a fresh chance at “good timing.”

Comment by Gwen – February 9, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. I loved Simon, too. RIP

Comment by Luli101 – February 9, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renard is totally awesome on “Grimm”. I love seeing his downright (and quite literally) violent political maneuvering. Now, of course, he has to come to some sort of detante with Nick, who just found out he’s a Royal….

Comment by Dreamrose – February 8, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No to mention he’s totally HOT.

Comment by Je t'aime Renard – February 8, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kalinda and Cary. Fingers crossed. :S

Comment by tahina – February 8, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warren Kole sounds like the perfect choice for the part on Covert Affairs.

Comment by Joe – February 8, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooh, good call.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 8, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhm, damm, I really want to be reading that Oded Fehr as Eyal Lavin has been announced as a season 4 regular…! Oded/Eyal is the best thing to happen to Covert Affairs – the strongest actor portraying the most intriguing character… if he’s not confirmed in S4, I won’t remember to watch.

Comment by Lynn – February 8, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oded as regular might be a long shot. Eyal should get his own spinoff show instead. Or insert the Eyal character into a future “Bourne” movie (Liman’s connected to both the show and films). Casting suggestions for the role of Calder Michaels: Adam Garcia (Perabo’s co-star in Coyote Ugly).

Comment by Neshama – February 9, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patrick Malony: Your stupid comments about Psych (the best show on TV) just go to show that you don’t even watch or pay attention to this wonderful and hilarious show, because Detective Lassiter has NEVER believed him to be a psychic, and many fans suspect that Chief Vick has known all along (something that was also mentioned by the actress that plays her), also the Mentalist which is an “okay” show could never match up to the brilliance of this wonderfully original show in fact it’s not even in the same genre because Psych is a laugh-out-loud COMEDY for the most part. Get your facts straight dude!

Comment by Marcos Rodríguez – February 8, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do agree – Psych and The Mentalist are two very very different shows, they just both happen to feature fake psycics. But that’s where the similarities end.
      But they are both really good. I don’t think we should be putting down one show to make the point for the other.

Comment by mia – February 8, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wasn’t putting down The Mentalist, i was stating a preference in saying that to my mind it doesn’t match the brilliance and originality of Psych. The Mentalist is an entertaining show but again we should not compare because one is a full on crime drama procedural and the other (Psych) is a comedy with the occasional dramatic moment or episode. It’s much harder to write a great comedy that can still have you on the edge of your seat and still make you feel every emotion and even make you shed a tear or two and Psych is the only show around today that can do that IMO. This show is going in to it’s 7th season and there is a reason for that, you don’t just get 7 seasons and then get renewed for an 8th because you are “okay”, you have to have something very special in order to achieve that and Psych has it!. This is full credit to the brilliant writers on Psych and also the most wonderfully talented and lovable close-nit cast with easily the best chemistry i have ever seen on TV.

Comment by Marcos Rodríguez – February 9, 2013 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kris Holden-Ried or Justin Hartley would be interesting casting for the part on Covert Affairs.

Comment by Steff – February 8, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking about Kris for the role as well. But since he’s on Lost Girl that would be a long shot!

Comment by Ovaltine Jenkins – February 9, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has it been confirmed that the new American Horror Story season will take place during the Salem trials? Or is it just a rumor for now?

Comment by dee – February 9, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We can’t wait for Psych! It’s been tooooo long~

Comment by Susan – February 9, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like Alicia with Will. So I hope it is not that. I’d rather she re-connect with Peter and then have Peter be a cheater again. I’ve never believed in the Peter and the church line.

Comment by FF – February 9, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cary is a baby. Kalinda is a woman. So do not go there please. Will and Peter are both so attractive, I really don’t care which Alicia chooses. She can do no wrong there. Great show and great actors for the most part.

Comment by roses c – February 9, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kalinda is a woman who wears boots and use bats to solve problems but who needs to grew up and handle some big issues she still has with “feelings”. Cary’s a baby who was thrown out by his family at the age of 18 and never complained about it. And now he pretty much is a damn man and a great lawyer (when writers give us a chance to watch him in action).
      Technically they could be perfect for each other. But they won’t go there because the stupid “Kalinda is James Bond” plot.

Comment by Lucy – February 9, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kalinda is an actor who wears leather and hits people with a baseball bat. She is also a very beautiful woman. Cary is a frat boy.

Comment by rmcepp – February 12, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Only Cary’s problem for a bunch of people is that he’s a man and not a “beautiful woman”.

Comment by Lucy – February 16, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I’m rooting for Will/Alicia………..but I’m wondering if it won’t be Peter on the fool around? He’s been clean for far too long.

Comment by jackie2830 – February 9, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Peter will have to fool around right now. He’s running for Governor and he keeps getting little side trips to the bathroom, etc. with Alicia. If he was going to fool around, he’d have done it before now. I think it’s either Cary/Kalinda or Alicia/Will and I hope it isn’t the latter.

Comment by Dawn – February 9, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY WILL AND ALICIA!!!! I have gotten bored without their sexual tension.

Comment by brianne – February 9, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn and Gus will be back in my life soon and all will be right in the universe again

Comment by A – February 9, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Michaels is passing himself off as a German my vote is in for August Diehl.

Is anyone ever going to give Richard Coyle his own show?

Comment by LBJ – February 10, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate will and alicia togther.. They need to for once keep families togther and no cheating…. Will is not attractive and I dont think he and Alicia look good together… It should be Peter and Alicia!!! But i dont think that is what they are going to revisit!!!

Comment by cathy – February 13, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Will and Alicia together. I hate her with Peter. Peter is a cheater; he’ll never change. I never liked that Alicia “stood by her man.” I’d love to see her leave him now and ruin his campaign. I love Chris Noth but not Peter. Will and Alicia’s affiair may be outed by Peter’s competition, but I don’t think they’ll reunite. Will and Alicia are worlds apart now. I think Alicia is mad about being made partner because of financial reasons and I suspect that the season will end with Alicia leaving the firm. So there’s no point in reuniting Will and Alicia. So sad. They have 100 times the chemistry of Peter and Alicia.

Comment by Hattie – February 16, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY I can watch The Good Wife again, this show sucks without Will, Alicia and their crazy chemistry. I can’t wait to see this episode.

Comment by Angel ☆ (@Angeliiiiique) – February 16, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited that it might be Will & Alicia finally! I agree with other Will/Alicia fans that the show has been a bit boring without their sexual chemistry and tension. I hate Alicia with Peter, he doesn’t respect her and I know he did something again! My hope is that she is at least done with Peter for good and goes to Will and gives him a real chance!
    *fingers crossed*

Comment by Tina B. – February 17, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person’s website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same in favor of you.|

Comment by agate cameo – March 22, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer something again and help others like you aided me.|

Comment by papaka – March 22, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!%7

Comment by Anonymous – March 23, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post