Casting News: August Returns to Once, ER Vet Joins NCIS: Los Angeles Spin-Off and More!

Eion BaileyWe cannot tell a lie: Eion Bailey is on his way back to ABC’s Once Upon a Time.

Though his August/Pinocchio disappeared earlier this season, Bailey is set to show up in the fairytale drama’s 18th episode, EW.com reports. No word yet on what/who brings him back for the hour, titled “Selfless, Brave and True.”

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s In Them

In other casting news…

Scott Grimes (ER) and Gillian Alexy (Damages) have joined the NCIS: Los Angeles planted spin-off as series regulars, per our sister site Deadline. Though not much is known about Grimes’ character, Alexy’s Claire is a smart FBI agent who loves all things military. The cast of the proposed series includes John Corbett (Northern Exposure), Edwin Hodge (Cougar Town) and Miguel Ferrer, who’ll appear in both the Los Angeles edition and the offshoot.

• Chin Han (Last ResortThe Dark Knight) will play Arrow‘s Frank Chen, Deadline reports. Han’s character is an old friend of the Queen family and a successful businessman involved with Malcolm Merlyn’s nefarious group The Undertaking.

• Danielle Campbell (Prison Break) is one of The Originals. According to Deadline, the actress will play Davina, an overprotected young witch, in The CW’s Klaus-centric potential spin-off of The Vampire Diaries.

1. Finally August returns! Geesh.

2. Amy says:

It’d be nice for Eion Bailey to make a reappearance on Covert Affairs too.

3. Does this mean for sure that August isn’t Bae/Rumple’s son?

4. Patti says:

I hope we get to see August reunite with his dad and Jiminy and also tells Emma about his connection to Neal.

5. Barbie says:

Wow, half of McLeod’s Daughter’s in Hollywood now. Gillian Alexy. I hope her character’s better than annoying Tayler.

6. Ashley says:

Aside from Edwin Hodge, I personally don’t really feel the group they’ve put together for the NCIS spin off. I have a feeling it’s going to be what Criminal Minds’ Suspect Behavior was.

7. Viv says:

Yeah! I waited the whole season for August to return. It was about time! Hopefully we get an explanation where he were. And hopefully he is coming back again after this episode.

8. wednesday says:

About time they brought August back! Now I actually have something to look forward too. I was about to give up on the show. It’s been all over the place this season which is a huge disappointment to me. It was one of my favorite new shows last season. Now if only they could bring back Jefferson again, I could have my happily ever after!

9. Kirsty lou says:

So DiNozzo’s ex dead partner is now alive as another person? Haha. Well not complaining really I like scott grimes.

10. VCI says:

The 18th episode isn’t soon enough and please let it not just be that one. I love August!

11. Tarc says:

I hope they spin Klaus and the Originals far away from Vampire Diaries as fast as humanly possible. The Originals had one good plot, and then they needed to go. And the writing of Klaus (as the oldest vampire) has been terrible in theory and practice.

12. divinerush ღ says:

Lovely post! Happy to hear about Eion Bailey returning, been very curious as to August’s / Pinocchio character. Love Once Upon a Time! Thanks for sharing this update, appreciated!

13. Becca says:

Really really happy to hear that august is returning. But the thing I wanna know is he turned into wood, so is he wood or a real boy??? Can’t wait to find out.
    I also love the fact that NCIS is having another spin of loved the NCIS LA spin off so this should hopefully be as good and exsiting.