Casting News: August Returns to Once, ER Vet Joins NCIS: Los Angeles Spin-Off and More!

Get More: Casting News

Eion BaileyWe cannot tell a lie: Eion Bailey is on his way back to ABC’s Once Upon a Time.

Though his August/Pinocchio disappeared earlier this season, Bailey is set to show up in the fairytale drama’s 18th episode, EW.com reports. No word yet on what/who brings him back for the hour, titled “Selfless, Brave and True.”

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s In Them

In other casting news…

Scott Grimes (ER) and Gillian Alexy (Damages) have joined the NCIS: Los Angeles planted spin-off as series regulars, per our sister site Deadline. Though not much is known about Grimes’ character, Alexy’s Claire is a smart FBI agent who loves all things military. The cast of the proposed series includes John Corbett (Northern Exposure), Edwin Hodge (Cougar Town) and Miguel Ferrer, who’ll appear in both the Los Angeles edition and the offshoot.

• Chin Han (Last ResortThe Dark Knight) will play Arrow‘s Frank Chen, Deadline reports. Han’s character is an old friend of the Queen family and a successful businessman involved with Malcolm Merlyn’s nefarious group The Undertaking.

• Danielle Campbell (Prison Break) is one of The Originals. According to Deadline, the actress will play Davina, an overprotected young witch, in The CW’s Klaus-centric potential spin-off of The Vampire Diaries.

Comments (24)

• Finally August returns! Geesh.

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – February 8, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know seriously! Feels like it’s been forever.

Comment by Brandy – February 8, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last we saw August he was lying in bed turning into wood. I’ve been wondering what became of him. Seems to me they dropped the ball on him. Too much time has passed.

Comment by Mel – February 9, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Best news of the night!

Comment by ' – February 9, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’d be nice for Eion Bailey to make a reappearance on Covert Affairs too.

Comment by Amy – February 8, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean for sure that August isn’t Bae/Rumple’s son?

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – February 8, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • August is Pinocchio. Geppetto made Pinocchio out of wood and turned him into a real boy by the use of magic. August is not Bae.

Comment by Andy – February 8, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Preach!!! I love how people don’t pay attention. NOT!

Comment by English – February 8, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope we get to see August reunite with his dad and Jiminy and also tells Emma about his connection to Neal.

Comment by Patti – February 8, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope we see him reunite with his dad, too. I wonder where he has been and can’t wait!

Comment by Gillian – February 8, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, half of McLeod’s Daughter’s in Hollywood now. Gillian Alexy. I hope her character’s better than annoying Tayler.

Comment by Barbie – February 8, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aside from Edwin Hodge, I personally don’t really feel the group they’ve put together for the NCIS spin off. I have a feeling it’s going to be what Criminal Minds’ Suspect Behavior was.

Comment by Ashley – February 8, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • while i like Miguel Ferrer i can’t stand granger.
      So i hope he doesn’t stay too long on either show unless they soften him up ALOT
      like john corbett so i think he’ll be a good fit
      the rest i don’t know about. but in NCIS & Shane Brennan i trust

Comment by Michael Lee Kirk – February 8, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • forgot about scott grimes
        as long as he’s nothing like his ER character i think he’ll be good

Comment by Michael Lee Kirk – February 8, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, considering he was Tony’s former partner from the Baltimore PD and was murdered, I’m not sure how good he’s going to look! :)

Comment by Kim R – February 9, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • This!

Comment by Cathy – February 9, 2013 12:14 PM PDT
  • Yeah! I waited the whole season for August to return. It was about time! Hopefully we get an explanation where he were. And hopefully he is coming back again after this episode.

Comment by Viv – February 8, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About time they brought August back! Now I actually have something to look forward too. I was about to give up on the show. It’s been all over the place this season which is a huge disappointment to me. It was one of my favorite new shows last season. Now if only they could bring back Jefferson again, I could have my happily ever after!

Comment by wednesday – February 9, 2013 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So DiNozzo’s ex dead partner is now alive as another person? Haha. Well not complaining really I like scott grimes.

Comment by Kirsty lou – February 9, 2013 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha! I just commented on this above. That’s the first thing that came to mind. :)

Comment by Kim R – February 9, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 18th episode isn’t soon enough and please let it not just be that one. I love August!

Comment by VCI – February 9, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they spin Klaus and the Originals far away from Vampire Diaries as fast as humanly possible. The Originals had one good plot, and then they needed to go. And the writing of Klaus (as the oldest vampire) has been terrible in theory and practice.

Comment by Tarc – February 9, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lovely post! Happy to hear about Eion Bailey returning, been very curious as to August’s / Pinocchio character. Love Once Upon a Time! Thanks for sharing this update, appreciated!

Comment by divinerush ღ – February 9, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really really happy to hear that august is returning. But the thing I wanna know is he turned into wood, so is he wood or a real boy??? Can’t wait to find out.
    I also love the fact that NCIS is having another spin of loved the NCIS LA spin off so this should hopefully be as good and exsiting.

Comment by Becca – March 4, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post