NBC Cancels Do No Harm After Two Episodes; SVU Repeats to Fill Thursday Void

Do No Harm CancelledNBC has permanently suppressed Dr. Cole’s evil alter ego.

The network on Friday afternoon pulled the plug on its Jekyll-and-Hyde-esque medical thriller  Do No Harm after just two anemically rated episodes.

The freshman drama’s Jan. 31 debut garnered 3.1 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, making it the lowest-rated, in-season debut of any scripted Big 4 series ever. This week’s second installment fared worse, dropping to just over 2 million viewers and a 0.7 demo rating.

Do No Harm wrapped production on its initial 13-episode order last month; it’s unclear if the 11 remaining episodes will see the light of day.

Encores of Law & Order: SVU will fill the Thursday-at-10 void through Feb. 21. It’s possible that Bryan Fuller’s anticipated Hannibal will take over the time slot in the spring.

TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Please deposit your eulogies in the comments section.

1. Mimi says:

My husband and i liked it and understand its fiction.
    Better then having ao many reality tv shows around with no morals etc.
    Whats up with that?

2. Geidily says:

i need this show back! its not fair that thry didnt even let the season finish……. give it a chance, i loved it and i couldnt keep my eyes off the tv while watching it. i was extremely issed when i found out they cancelled it! Put it on netflix or dvd but dont let those 1 episodes go to waste. im sure you guys didnt give it enough promotion and enough people didnt know about it advertise it more!!1 but please come back do no harm… i miss you <3

3. If it did, he said, authorities need to do is
    search the web and pick the best virginia internet
    neutrality design services among the thousands of options when it comes to lost profits?

4. Castle said that Instant Jam was up to my deaf ears; all I had to recover quickly
    and play for 30 min. Russell went on to become a great source for buying used things.
    Now they’re at a crossroads – is it time to pick up that choice instrument? His heart also gave out, literally as he was playing Gig Bag Keyboard.

5. Tyrone says:

Absolutely loved the show, anything is better than the despicable so called reality junk that has taken over tv. Every time they put out a half decent show it gets cancelled right away. It’s unvelievable the stuff that gets to stay on tv while good shows are cancelled. I don’t know who’s running the show but they need to give their head a shake

6. Tyrone says:

I mean if I have to sit thru one more reality, medical drama or lame cop show with bad humor I’m gonna explode. I’m really getting into the shows like Grimm, or game of thrones or anything that takes a bit of fantasy and imagination and tries to make it a reality. Someone was talking about split personality shows and I have liked most of them. I liked awake, Jekyll on bbc, there was one with Christian slater a few years back that i enjoyed and now the do no harm. I was really looking forward to it. Anyways no sense whining about it, if they cut the shows they cut the shows. Just gives me a reason to disconnect the cable so my daughter doesn’t grow up wanting to be a half naked 75 lb bimbo who only thinks about partying and the easiest way to make a buck with her looks.

7. Jvarner says:

You know I just started watching it today and it is not all that bad. I think anytime you watch tv you need to not put too much thought into what you are watching. Everyones opinion is their own. Personally when I watch television I just want to vegetate not figure out plot lines or stuff like that. To each their own I guess.

8. Bob says:

Absolutely LOVE the show.
    Spewing that its been cut

9. Xaviers says:

Like the premise, liked the actors, frankly I find NBC to be the problem, and NBC’s standing in the ratings amongst other tv network’s kinda reflects that they aren’t the go to network, much like one should worry about their show appearing on Fox (you take your chances on getting easily axed and burned with those two) before building a following. As for the show, I take it to be less Jeykl and Hyde rip of the British show (less supernatural or otherly powered), and more of a United States of Nurse Tara in that we see a mostly functional career (minus some home balances) but some dangerous character traits. I would have liked to see at least 2 seasons, but probably not much more since I followed the aforementioned Tara throughout and there isn’t much more to mine. Anyways, not every show is for everybody.

10. Crystal says:

At first, I did not think this was going to be a good show but after catching it air on Sci-Fi I got hooked. To me, it does not matter if the plot is believable or not. I mean, it is television. The show is interesting and different than anything else on television. I think they effectively show the good and bad in each character and make you want to root for both but for different reasons. I do wish Olivia was a bit more strong of a character like how she was portrayed in the bar during the flashback (and easier on the eyes – sorry :(). I am very disappointed that this show is cancelled and I hope they do play out the end. NOT FAIR!! I do not want to watch reruns of SVU…when is there not an SVU marathon going on?!?!?

11. jean says:

They have the 12 episodes of the season on ondemand. :) honestly it is a good show. I understand If It isn’t your cup of tea though but. I thought it was great

12. Kieran says:

Just shows that the general majority of media viewers are only interested in falsified ‘reality’ tv shows and repetitivly dull dramas. Whenever anything uniquely interesting comes along the bandwagon comes along with it and everyone jumps on board without giving it a chance. A lot of the greatest programmes created started off with terrible pilots. This may have not exceeded high expectations but it was far from terrible and the rest of the season Improved greatly. Those slating writers and whoever is in charge of the NBC is simply ridiculous.