Exclusive

Exclusive Castle Video Preview: Rick and Kate Wish Upon a Star (Wars) This Valentine's Day

Castle Season 5 First Valentine's Day Will the force be with Rick and Kate on their first first Valentine’s Day as a full-fledged couple?

Monday’s Cupid-centric Castle finds the lovebirds playfully discussing what they got each other for the big day, and let’s just say the words “limited edition,” “Star Wars,” and “lightsaber” are dropped.

RELATED | Castle‘s Fifth Season Just Got Bigger!

And remember, Rick has a lot of ground to make up for after he mistakenly obliged Kate’s wishes and filled her Christmas stocking with tumbleweed.

“There’s a subtle competition between the two of them,” series creator Andrew Marlowe previously told TVLine, adding that Rick’s attempt to overcompensate for his holiday misstep “brings its own complications…. Let’s just say that some wild hijinks ensue as he tries to deliver her present.”

Press PLAY below and watch the happy pair grill each other for clues, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: What do you think they got each other for V-Day?

Loading video...

1. taliesin says:

What does a guy want for Valentine’s Day? It starts with an S and end with an X. That’s really about it. :)

2. Adam Bramble says:

Disney Is Really Going All Out That They Bought LucasArts Huh?
    LOL Can’t Wait.

• Alan says:

hey you buy something that big you shout it from the rooftops until you go hoarse, i know i would. anyway its just a reference, you get them in tv shows all the time, you dont have to pay for talking about something unless its something like quoting actual song lyrics, has nothing to do with them buying lucasarts. if a lightsaber actually appears then its them going all out with the “yay we bought lucasarts” thing.
      also please dont capitalise the beginning of every word like that please. camel case just looks weird and is also a little difficult on the eye.

3. Nerwen Aldarion says:

OMG they are SO CUTE!!!!

4. Mari says:

Awwwwww cute!! <3

5. Andy says:

Finally some Caskett time!

6. Johanna says:

I SO hope we get some Esplanie as well!!! I miss them.

7. Kourt says:

I love this sneak peek. I am so happy ABC decided to release this one. I love that the flirty banter is back and they actually act like a real couple that will be celebrating Valentines Day together for the first time.

8. Steph says:

Ughhh you two are adorable. That is all.

9. elmer says:

love esplanie too but we have waited too long for caskett and don’t want to waste precious seconds that could be caskett

10. Astrid says:

Haha so cute!

11. JAA says:

Finally something juicy, see ABC it doesn’t take much to make us all squee

12. c says:

finally a good sneak peak.cant wait for monday

13. Caskettfanforever says:

Flirty banter!!!! Yes!!! :) Now THIS is the Caskett couple I know and love! Oh I can’t wait for this.

14. Rose Melo says:

I hope she give him a warm “I love you” :-)

15. Lilu says:

If there’s no serious make out session on this VALENTINE’S day episode, I’m quitting the show (not) !!!!

16. casgirl3 says:

Yeah, I’m hoping for some makeout time. But I’m SOOOO happy to see the flirty banter. I’ve been missing that….

17. James says:

nice, but come on how does a limited editon lightsaber signed by George Lucus not scream Valintines day, lol. nice to see they actually look like a couple in this one. can’t wait, knowing these two hilarity will most definitly ensue.

18. Caitland St. Louis says:

a braclet that’s engraved: to my extroidinary Kate

19. Teri says:

Finally something at least resembling a Caskett possible moment. Hope Castle gets her a pony.

20. Pam says:

Rick either got a comet named for her or a star. Maybe bought her a pony. Kate gives him one uninterrupted night of passion she she kidnaps their cell phones and rents the Honeymoon suite at The Four Seasons Hotel and they finally get away from it all. Or she gives him herslef and her first I Love You but doubt any of these are what happens we never get any romance it’s all subtext or non cuommunication non sex.

• Pam says:

Sorry about my typos this thing posted before I had a chance for spell check. Let’s just hope we get a kiss without a bomb or something coming between them but I doubt that too.

21. Kelly says:

I am not able to open the link.

22. castlefan says:

U know wat i want for this ep? a long kiss with good lighting! more than enuf!

• Sandie says:

I’m with you! We have been disappointed long enough. If he couldn’t come through with any real christmas romance can we PLEASE have some valentines day romance?

23. LizzieE says:

Marlowe, you’ve got to be kidding – “wild hijinks” – who talks like that?

• taliesin says:

The same type of people who like to use the word “salacious.” There’s a million words in the English language. Some people like to use as many of them as they can. :)

• Alan says:

i do, mostly when im trying to be sarcastic but sometimes when im just in the mood to use a decent vocabulary. considering marlowe is a writer its far more likely for him to use vocabulary like that because its basically his job to write vocabulary which is interesting to listen to.

24. joy says:

I’ve lost my enthusiasm for this show when Casket lost their fun after the first 3 episodes of the season. Even the sneak peaks usually lead to disappointment….at least now I’m prepared, still watching and hopeful that we’ll have some of the old banter back….

25. VGuidry says:

He is finally going to get her that pony.

26. lame says:

Getting C/B together was supposed to release the constraints and open the clever banter to wide open double entrendres and naughty exchanges. Instead we have writers who”ve lost their way, What happen to the mechanically inept Beckett and the devilish Castle who ” knows a guy”, for almost every situation. Mischievousness that was the highlight of Castle and Beckett was lost somewhere in season four and hasn’t been seen since.