TVLine Items: Chicago Fire Episode Order Upped Again, Robin Roberts' GMA Return Date and More

Chicago FireNBC is in no hurry to burn through Chicago Fire‘s freshman season.

For the second time in as many weeks, the network has added an additional episode to the hit drama’s debut run. This latest increase brings Fire‘s first season total to 24.

Chicago Fire airs Wednesdays at 10/9c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Robin Roberts is slated to return to her post at Good Morning America on Wednesday, Feb. 20. The comeback comes five months after the anchor left to undergo a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

• Bravo has renewed Top Chef for an eleventh season, the location of which has not yet been announced.

• ABC Family has given series orders to two new dramas, The Fosters and Twisted (formerly Socio). The Jennifer Lopez-produced Fosters follows a multi-ethnic family of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms, while Twisted centers on an alleged teenage sociopath drawn into a murder mystery.

RELATED | Exclusive Poster: Vikings Looks Bloody Good

• Holly Hunter and William Hurt have joined History’s Bonnie & Clyde miniseries, Deadline reports, playing Bonnie’s mother, Emma, and Frank Hamer, the Texas ranger credited with tracking down the (yet-to-be-cast) lawless lovebirds.

• On Feb. 23, the occasion of Schindler’s List‘s 20th anniversary, USA Network will air the acclaimed film without commercial interruption. The showing will begin with a personal introduction by director Steven Spielberg.

BBC Three announced Thursday that Being Human‘s upcoming fifth season will be its last. Syfy’s US version, meanwhile, is currently in its third season.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (19)

• Awesome news! Chicago Fire is so good and I have loved it since the first week it premiered. I expected it to be like Baywatch meets firefighting due to the trailer and debut hype clips so I wasn’t thrilled about it, but when I actually watched it I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Each week I continue to watch live and love it, but from the get go I assumed nobody would give it a chance and it would die a quick death. To see it getting extra episodes, word of mouth spreading, and being the top rated NBC program on Wednesday’s each week is so beyond cool. Keep it up!

Comment by Bobby – February 7, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also agree that the show has been surprisingly good. It is a combination that never fails- good character development, strong bonds between the fire sisters and brothers, action mixed in everyday human experiences: you have the guy having raw luck trying to make an extra buck, mother issues, brother and sister estrangement, guilt for not saving lives. Like they save and heal strangers physically, they do the same for each other emotionally and spiritually. There is a religious element and forgiveness element. These are rare in television which usually gives higher applause to hatred and revenge in dramas. Hopefully, they will keep that touch.

Comment by Brian Colton – February 21, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy to hear about Chicago Fire!! ill have to check out the ABC Family shows. they sound kind of interesting.

Comment by Elyse – February 7, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • best new show of the season, just love it !!!

Comment by Barbara – February 7, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant believe it has been 20 yrs since schindlers list wow that makes me feel really old. saw it at the movies on a high school trip. its such a great movie.

Comment by ollie – February 7, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago Fire has been my favorite sow this season, though Elemtary is a close second. I’m so happy about this. I love those characters!

Comment by Barbie – February 7, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fingers crossed for Chicago Fire if NBC decided to renewed it for a second season and more shirtless Taylor Kinney.

Comment by Tran – February 7, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC seems to really stand behind Chicago Fire. I’d be shocked if the series isn’t renewed for a second season.

Comment by Jade – February 7, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge fan of Avan Jogia and really excited to see him in a darker role on Twisted.

Comment by Jared – February 7, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you EVER watched Victorious on Nickelodeon now that the series is over?

Comment by Tran – February 7, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news for Chicago Fire. By far my favorite new show :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 7, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YIPPEE!! LOVE CHICAGO FIRE!! Never miss an episode. The writing is great and I like all of the characters, especially Jesse Spencer as Matthew Casey and Severide. YIPPEE!! Just one complaint. I’m not too happy with Casey’s storyline with his mom and sister. I don’t care about them at all.

Comment by liz – February 7, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, especially about his Mom. She scares me. I have a feeling she’s going to flip out on someone & wind up back in prison. Too bad, because I like Kathleen Quinlan but I think her character is dangerous.

Comment by Chloe – February 7, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago Fire was the highest rated drama on NBC last week, and will be again this week. Who would have thought something like that would have been possible a few months ago?

Comment by JC – February 7, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would anyone happen to know if the Bonnie & Clyde mini series is based on the book Go Down Together by Jeff Guinn? It’s an incredible read and I heard somewhere that they were making a movie out of it and was just wondering if this is what they meant.

Comment by Crystal – February 7, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excited about chicago fire!

Comment by boyzy61@aol.com – February 8, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited to hear the Chicago Fire news. It is my favorite new show of the season. Very sad to hear about BBC America’s Being Human. It was a far superior show to the SyFy version; even with all the cast changes.

Comment by Spikenalabama – February 8, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awsome news about chicago fire! Loving that show

Comment by Robin – February 10, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Chicago Fire gets a second (plus many more) seasons. I wrote this earlier, and will keep posting this hoping that a writer or director at CF sees this. Dear person of influence and/or power at CF: Please consider bringing in a female firefighter. May she be mature, sexy and strong and issue-free. You don’t see much about Otis, Hermann or Mouch’s relationships–can’t we have similar role for a female? I am getting a little bored of every female having issues (relationship mostly). You want to appease the female audience? Give them a model for inspiration. You want to appease the straight males? Give them a female that they would like to marry someday.

Sexy,mature, tomboy, happily married with supportive husband and healthy kids. She works hard, can hang in there with the men and is respected by all. I hope they introduce a few new characters next season. This being on the top of my wish list for CF.

Comment by cm2772 – March 5, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post