Pilot Scoop: Emma Roberts Lands Starring Role in Fox Drama Delirium

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Emma Roberts Delirium Emma Roberts is plotting a major TV comeback, signing on to play the lead role in Fox’s drama pilot Delirium, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | 2013 Pilot Guide: Scoop on Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Based on the bestselling young adult novels by Lauren Oliver, Delirium is set in world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. But with 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, defiant teen Lena Holoway (Roberts) does the unthinkable and falls in love.

Karyn Usher (Prison Break) penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.

After hitting it big with Nickelodeon’s Unfabulous, Roberts went on to star in films such as Nancy Drew, Hotel For Dogs and Scream 4. She recently wrapped a role in We’re the Millers opposite Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudekis.

Comments (17)

• Sounds like an interesting plot for a movie but not sure how they would stretch that concept over a few years. Reminds me of TiMER, not the same but similar.

Comment by Giselle Alexandra – February 7, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • missed the part about a book series, may check that out before this airs

Comment by Giselle Alexandra – February 7, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i just finished the 2nd book and i really like the series!

Comment by Elyse – February 7, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked the first book but really liked the second! (I have a weird affinity for Julian). Can’t wait for the third to come out next month!

Comment by Andie – February 7, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sounds like it should be an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Comment by Phil – February 8, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that a every good fit

Comment by Elena – February 7, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t be more excited for this, it’s a fantastic book! I just worry it won’t get picked up its not very FOX.

Comment by Elle – February 7, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS AMAZING!!! I love her and love the books!!!

Comment by Vera – February 7, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like her, but I feel as though this show would be a better fit on the CW, ABC Family, or someplace else.

Comment by Summer – February 7, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I agree that this doesn’t really feel like a major network type of show. Maybe NBC, or the CW? But I’m happy for her and wish her the best

Comment by topoftheworld18 – February 7, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not excited for this at all. The book is amazing and with all the articles I’ve read on this becoming a TV series, how they’re introducing Julian right off the bat and Hana and him are gonna have a love thing going on, new characters, how they’re cramming the whole plot of the first book into the first episode? I’m worried. Its not even delirium anymore…

Comment by Jenna – February 7, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wait whaaat?! really??? if you have the links to the articles still please post them i would like to read. not a fan of any of those ideas.

Comment by Elyse – February 7, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her but I don’t see this doing well.

Comment by Brandy – February 7, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • after reading Jennas comment i hope that isn’t what they do with the show. it will ruin the books for me.

Comment by Elyse – February 7, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably the most interesting and unique new series I have heard about yet!

Comment by lara – February 7, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!!! Deilrium was the best book series ever! And now its a TV series! OMG!!!!!!!

Comment by Polly Roth – February 7, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds similar to the uglies books

Comment by elle – February 8, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post