It's Official: Frances Conroy, Taissa Farmiga to Return for American Horror Story's Third Season

Get More: Casting News

blog_AHS_2.7.13American Horror Story leading ladies Frances Conroy and Taissa Farmiga will be back for the series’ upcoming third season.

Farmiga played tortured teen Violet in Season 1 of Ryan Murphy‘s FX scarefest. Conroy appeared in the first season as ghostly maid Moira and in the second as a noir-tinged Angel of Death.

Farmiga will be a brand new character in Season 3, which series co-creator Murphy recently said will take place in modern day but also will be “more historical in nature.” No word yet on who Conroy will portray.

Murphy announced Conroy’s commitment via his Twitter feed Thursday.

RELATED | New Spoiler Alert!Horror Story Season 3 Scoop, Mad Men Spin-Off and Girls‘ Scary Sex Scene

Former players Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Jessica Lange are also on board for the third go-around.

The new season reportedly also involves a big romance in which Farmiga’s character will figure prominently.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Production on the next 13-episode season will begin this summer and debut in Fall 2013.

Comments (153)

• AWESOME!! I hope she’s the witch ;)

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – February 7, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. I hope she and Evan Peters play a couple. Tate and Violet forever!

Comment by nikki – February 7, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they would go back to murder house and follow up on Tates kid, and go back to the fun effects and ghostly themes. it was SO well done. Asylum was ok…but a little too out there.I was wondering what happenned to the little girl iin braids, than Kit married a woman in braids, which left me wondering if that was her…too mahy loose ends. whatever..I love Tate and Violet too. Great chemistry, and what about Alexandria Breckinridge?(young moira)? she was a very good actress.

Comment by marymoroniknill@facebook.com – February 7, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. The first season was really amazing!
        Perfect..

Comment by Sharon – February 7, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stop trying to “tie” the seasons together. It is an anthological series. The stories are separate even though the same actors play they play different characters.

Comment by Jo – February 7, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love you.

Comment by Jessa – February 7, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Given how Murphy said they briefly considered having the modern bloody face live and go on to change his name to Ben Harmon, I don’t think it’s so unreasonable to look for possible ways to connect the seasons together. I don’t think they have to be connected, but they don’t have to not be connected either.

Comment by madhatter360 – February 7, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly!

Comment by Olivia – February 7, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you Agreed ….they both rocked but season 2 is my favorite

Comment by Jim Taurozzi – February 8, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A follow up on the little boy would be nice for some season. Even if he’s all grown up and it’s just a mention of him or a cameo I think it’d be cool, same for Kit’s kids in season 2 sometime (even though we already know what they became – maybe just seeing a little Easter egg of I dunno.. them in a newspaper would be cool).

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE WITH I ENJOYED SEASON 1 SO MUCH MORE THAN SEASON 2 THAT I STOPPED WATCHING., MABEY SEASON WILL GET ME BACK TO WATCHING I HOPE SO.

Comment by Arline Lee – February 8, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tate & Violet reunion. What a tragic love story that is. I seriously cried for them.

Comment by jjovana3 – February 7, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But no reason to cry really…if I’m not mistaken, didn’t they end up together as ghosts? ( along with the parents)

Comment by John Sileo – February 7, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But also being stuck together forever, when Violet had pretty much become frightened with Tate, is also rather tragic.. Haha.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They are all stuck in the house, but she told him to go away after she found out about everything that he did. I read somewhere (don’t know if it is true or not) that in Ryan Murphy’s head, they never speak again.

Comment by Dani – February 7, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are indeed correct about the ending. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I guess that does make it one of those tragically sad love stories yet quite unique in its own way

Comment by Jon – February 8, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES THAT WAS A TRAGIC LOVE STORY BUT VERY SAD AS YOU SAID, MABEY THEY WILL GET BACK TO THE SEASON 1 STORY LINE AND GIVE US SOME MORE OF THEM AND THEIR SITUATION I HOPE SO.

Comment by Arline Lee – February 8, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she related to actress Vera Farmiga?

Comment by Tran – February 7, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s her sister.

Comment by Lana – February 7, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes she is. They are sisters.

Comment by JJ – February 7, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is her younger sister

Comment by Kat – February 7, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she is Vera’s kid sister?

Comment by Meg – February 7, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is her younger sister. .

Comment by Aidan O'Malley – February 7, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes.they are sisters

Comment by karter – February 7, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If six comments weren’t enough for you to realize it, YES IT’S HER SISTER

Comment by B – February 7, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is it her sister? I wasn’t sure based on the comments above. Could someone clear that up for me?

Comment by Daniel – February 7, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I believe it is nit her sister but her daughter

Comment by carla – February 7, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO!

Comment by Olive – February 8, 2013 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Taissa is her younger sister :)

Comment by Megan – February 7, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not really happy that Taissa is coming back. I think she is boring and also kinda ugly. Not pretty enough for Evan Peters. I just hope Zachary Quinto comes back. He is by far the hottest one on the show.

Comment by Amber – February 7, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol “not pretty enough for Evan Peters!” They’re both trolls and equally ugly enough to deserve each other. Also you sound like a jealous, delusional fangirl who thinks she does have a shot at dating an actor.

Comment by Helena – February 7, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How is your insult towards Taissa and Evan any different than Ambers???

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 7, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ^ EXACTLY.

Comment by rob – February 7, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Was thinking the same as you! That comment does not make sense.

Comment by Amyk74 – February 7, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They’re no different. Anyone who needs to judge others should really take a good long look in the mirror first!

Comment by Wendy – February 7, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why does it matter what they look like?? They’re both incredibly talented actors! (Personally, I find them both to be perfectly attractive.)

Comment by Bridget – February 7, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just because neither one of them have those perfect hollywood movie star looks, does not by any means make them trolls!! Violet may not be beautiful, but she has those big, round hauntingly hypnotic eyes. I know plenty of girls that think Tate is cute enough. The beauty of some of these cable shows is that actors don’t have to be beautiful- look at Justified, Breaking Bad even Mad Men. Besides, the true meaning of a troll is someone like you that ‘trolls’ these comment boards,trying to upset other posters.

Comment by John Sileo – February 7, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hate to burst your bubble but ‘troll’ was first used as a name for an imaginary creature that is usually large and ugly. There are tales of them throughout Scandinavian countries mostly. I’m willing to bet the comment was based on the original “trolls” and not your modern internet lingo.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hey Krystal, no worries, you have not burst any bubble of mine as I am totally aware of the origins of what a Troll is. I was only trying to use it in it’s modern internet context in reference to someone who trys to goad others into an argument on this type of message boards.

Comment by Jon – February 9, 2013 12:54 PM PDT
    • Sorry to burst your bubble even further zachary quinto maybe hot but he is gay.

Comment by Grace – February 7, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And your point is??

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 7, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah that was seriously the most ignorant comment I’ve seen on this site. Like a gay woman wouldn’t be allowed to think, say, Jessica Lange is sexy because she’s straight? Get real. EVERYone knows Quinto is gay, by the way, so don’t act all high-and-mighty as if you’re the only one “in” on the “secret” LMAO

Comment by Kryssi – February 7, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How is it ignorant to say someone who is gay is gay? I didn’t see any malice in the comment. I think your comment is more ignorant. Maybe some people DON’T know he is gay. Who are you to say “EVERYone” knows something?

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 07:44 PM PDT
    • interesting… i didn’t know that beauty was an essential key for a promising acting career and definitely i didn’t know that beauty = talent, but thanks for the feedback! besides you’re talking like they have to date at some point, when actually they just have to work together, so i really don’t understand the point of your statement… maybe if you think about it, you’ll understand that MAYBE the producers choose her because she’s actually a good actress??

Comment by Aurora – February 7, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Steve Buschemi nuff said

Comment by Andy – February 8, 2013 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Eh I disagree, he is kind of yum imo. There’s just something charming about it.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get Jessica Lange’s boy-toy back again? Aside from Quinto I was unimpressed with the level of eye candy this season…Is that shallow? I guess Tate just never did it for me!

Comment by Meg – February 7, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tate is the sexiest out of everyone!!!

Comment by chloe – February 7, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, it’s shallow…

Comment by Jon – February 7, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I love her. I thought she was great in the first season.

Is it true the next season is going to take place during the Salem Witch Trials? I haven’t seen anything official yet, but I think it would be amazing.

Comment by Autumn – February 7, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article says it’ll take place in a “modern time” so I’m thinking Salem Witch Trials might not happen.

Comment by Aidan O'Malley – February 7, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did he [Murphy] say it was a great idea for the 4th season? Or was he referring to something completely different?

Comment by Luceya – February 7, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Taissa is fun and all, but let’s get real. The one actress the show desperately needs back is Alexandra Breckenridge.

Comment by Robert Maddrey – February 7, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. PLEASE.

Comment by kyle – February 7, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! YES YES! Loved her

Comment by Fatin Nawaz – February 7, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS.

Comment by Kryssi – February 7, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t see much of an acting range from Alexandra and I don’t really know anything about her outside of her sexy maid role. Her entire role was just sex appeal. While it’s nice I don’t think it’s necessary to a good story.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!..cant wait for season 3

Comment by Jade – February 7, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Conroy is also back- happy days!

Comment by laura meakin – February 7, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! great news.
    All we need now is Chloe Sevigny back and I’ll be thrilled :D

Comment by Kaycee – February 7, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • definately need more Chloe

Comment by cs84 – February 7, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would be nice to see Chloe again. But I’ve heard a lot of word by mouth that they really doubt she will be.. Eh. We’ll see.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, no -.-
    Prepare yourself for the new emo-tween couple (Peters/Taissa) -.-

Comment by reward – February 7, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • teen*

Comment by reward – February 7, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • reward -

you were right to use ‘tween’ the first time! I’m so excited for Francis Conroy to come back.. I love her! And Jessica Lange is awesome! Unfortunately, I don’t like Vera Farmiga and I’ll I can see is her when I look at Taissa. But I am very excited for season 3. Come on Ryan Murphy, scare the hell outta me :-)

Comment by MrsC – February 7, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, thank u xD
          I’m not American. My English is bad :’(

Yep. I love so much Francis Conroy and I hope she have a great role!
          She deserves it!

Comment by Reward – February 8, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Taissa is nearly 19 and Evan is 26. How is this tween? I thought tween was reserved for people in like the 12 – 14 range? And I don’t see them coupling them together again.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When the first season had been done, Taissa was 17 and Evan was 24.
        And what did they do?
        2 emos with teen-dramas. Am I wrong?

No, imo you’re wrong. An actor can be 23 but he can play a teen! What the hell idea is this? ._.’

Comment by Reward – February 8, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’d heard about Farmiga, but Conroy is welcome news.

Comment by Aleksa – February 7, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Connie Britton would be able to work something out with her Nashville schedule so she could come back for a few episodes!! Loved her on AHS!!

Comment by K – February 7, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are directly in competition with each other, I doubt it can happen (unless Nashville gets canceled which let’s be real might happen).

Comment by Joe – February 7, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think it will happen. I am so happy I have a DVR because both shows are SO good.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! Taissa’s a fantastic actress and I enjoyed her performance in Season 1.

Comment by rachelle – February 7, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news :)

Comment by sara – February 7, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S2 was horrible. Hope this is better.

Comment by lorna – February 7, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 2 was STUNNING and I have every bit of faith that Ryan makes 3 as different yet equally enthralling and terrifying as the first two. ;0)

Comment by Kryssi – February 7, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wonderful news! i missed taissia in season 2 (=

Comment by S. from E. now – February 7, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season one was so beautifully done , season two was a hot mess . They tried to do too many things at once . I hope this new season calms things down a bit and sticks to a main storyline .

Comment by Courtney – February 7, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Conversely, I thought that is exactly what made season two so good- the fact that there were more storylines made it more interesting. The way they went back to Sister Judes past and forward to Kit and Lana (and son-of bloodyface) futures was brilliant. Also, you have to admit that the way they tied it all together in the end was great.I’d venture to say that it was one the most beautiful endings ever in a series…Kit being spared the horrible suffering of pancreatic cancer, Sister Jude’s final 6 months or so being spent with beautiful children, Lana pulling the trigger on bloodyface Junior. From start to finish, Asylum was one of the most beautifully disturbing productions I’ve ever seen on TV.

Comment by Jon – February 7, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^100% agreed.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes agreed!! Season 1 was magnificent, and Season 2 totally blew my mind with its brilliance. All of Season 2′s storylines contributed to the feeling of insanity in the asylum, which I thought thematically worked great for the season. And that finale!!! Bravo AHS! Can’t wait for Season 3.

Comment by Damiana – February 7, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true about the finale Damiana and calymo….sometimes I wonder if some of these other posters ever even watched from start to finish…so sad that they can’t appreciate great writing, direction and acting. I’ve seen McDermott in a few other things but never have I seen him be that intense and believablethan his character in season 1 and ( be it ever so briefly) also season 2. I hope he’ll be back also.

Comment by Jon – February 9, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You hit the nail on the head. There was too much going on and none of it was made particularly interesting. In one season there were weird humanoid monsters, human experiments, aliens, 3 serial killers, nazis, creepy little girls, demonic possessions, corrupt church stuff, resurrections, clairvoyance (psychic?), and so many things left unfinished.

Most of these things could have their entire own seasons and be really good but as it was they were just sort of thrown together and not really spent enough time on. I sort of felt like the story went: “Oh this happened”.. “All of a sudden.. ALIENS”… “OH BY THE WAY HUMANOID MONSTERS IN THE WOODS ONLY PATIENTS WHO TRY TO LEAVE AT NIGHT WILL EVER SEE THEM THOUGH” “Heres a demon!” “Oh btw this guy is a nazi lol” “Now a nun is possessed!” “This kid is damned creepy!” “The serial killer was the DOCTOR” (best part of the story) “Jude is bad :(” “Serial killer Santa!” “Jude is good! But now she’s crazy!”

I think if they kept it simple and just went with a demonic possession and then build thredson up as the good guy, then BAM he’s the bad guy and the demon nun is aiding him to get away with horrors the season would have had much better flow.

I liked the finale, and I liked the name game and I liked finding out that thredson was bloodyface when the show made you think it was arden.

Season 1 had a lot going on too, but it all tied together in that the house was a vortex of horrors and corrupted everything that stepped inside.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so happy all my favs are coming back loved both seasons and looking forward to the next season:))

Comment by Kathy Marcoux – February 7, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Evan Peters returns!!

Comment by amanda – February 7, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is returning, can’t you read?

Comment by Aljosa – February 7, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful! I think everyone is happy about this one!

Comment by sara – February 7, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Production already started. They were filming in Eisenhower Park.. 2 weeks ago!!! Nice try Ryan! :)

Comment by AW – February 7, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nevermind…its was the FX show ‘The Americans’. Booo!

Comment by AW – February 7, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More…much more Adam Levine please!

Comment by Bonnie – February 7, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No more Adam Levine in anything, please!

Comment by Olive – February 8, 2013 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see Dennis O’Hare return.

Comment by Lainey – February 7, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed! it seems his true blood role is done so hopefully he can be a big part of AHS.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both episodes have been awesome. My favorite show of all time!

Comment by Hahainsc – February 7, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i missed taissa farmiga! I’m glad she’s coming back!

Comment by whitney – February 7, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Horror Story trumps all.

Comment by Me – February 7, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just love American horror stories, can’t wait for it to come back on but I guess I have to.

Comment by sallie genewski – February 7, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Need more Fiennes… talk about eye candy! YUM!

Comment by Pat – February 7, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t think he is eyecandy so much but what an actor.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad she is coming back. She is a young, fresh actress who is growing in the craft. I also was disappointed with season 2, it had too many story lines going on that were not as interesting as season 1. Yawn yawn. Let’s hope season 3 leaves us begging for more.

Comment by Gwen – February 7, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SEASON TWO FREAKIN’ SUCKED BIG TIME ! Personally, it was too messed up and had too much happening all at once.. I mean come on.. aliens? Really Ryan? Where you high when you wrote that storyline? o.O I personally think they should GO BACK TO BASICS for the 3rd season and do something as close as possible, if not a continuation of season 1, just like he had promised to do in the begining because everyone knows a good horror story has ghosts. Honestly though.. when you were a kid did you EVER hear someone start a scary story off with ‘Once upon a time, long long ago there was an alien?’ … Yeah, dosent sound right, does it? I thought so too :/

Comment by rebecca doherty – February 7, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You just said that a show called American HORROR STORY was “too messed up”.

Kinda the point, yes?

Comment by Kryssi – February 7, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If this show is too messed up for you.. Why did you watch? Horror isn’t only ghosts you know. Or are you really that ignorant to think so? If they made another season “as close as possible” to the 1st season, a lot of people would not be happy. I sure wouldn’t. I already watched the 1st season. Why would I want to watch pretty much the same thing all over again?? Stupid.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would you want to watch the same thing over and over? Isn’t that what people who watch ANY other TV show do? There’s messed up good and then there’s messed up bad. The good messed up would be creepy as hell. Horrific. You don’t want to watch but you can’t look away. Messed up bad to me is something having potential and then flopping not done right. I have a feeling Jessica meant messed up as in “not good”. I disagree about the aliens though. I think aliens would make an excellent season on its own. But like 2-3 episodes about them in a season left me baffled. It seemed sloppy/desperate.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alien abductions were common in the 60s, and the Kit/Alma story was based on the abduction of the Hills. They were an interracial couple who were abducted because they were forward thinking (since interracial relationships were frowned upon). So while it may be unscary and uninteresting to you, it was actually quite brilliant. It really fit the times, like everything else this season. I was disappointed by the way the children turned out — they were supposed to be special, but all they did was become a law professor and a neurosurgeon? Ah well.

Comment by KV – February 11, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be so awesome if the storyline revolves around New Orleans Madame lalaurie with Jessica Lange playing the madam.

Comment by Bowbina – February 7, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES YES a million times YES!!! Screw Salem, let’s get some Voodoo up in the show. New Orleans!!!!

Comment by Jessa – February 7, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With all these returnees, I wonder they’ll make room for any newcomers. And other than Peters, where are the dudes!?!?!

Comment by Hipper – February 7, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore everyone involved with this show and am so glad that they keep coming back. I know some people don’t take it very seriously, and many people were less than impressed with season 2 (I personally liked everything except for the aliens) but the acting on this show is consistently top notch. Lange is a legend, Paulson and Rabe are great, and if you remove all the “heartthrob” stuff, Evan Peters is really very good. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Comment by Dani – February 7, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you 100%.

Comment by UCLA20 – February 7, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with Dani..acting top-notch consistantly…both seasons absolutely brilliant..nothing else on the tube even comes close

Comment by Jon – February 7, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh. So the big “romance” goes to the overrated young’un ONCE AGAIN. Was hoping Lange would get a break since she’s 395872396 times sexier than everyone else combined and at her age should be recognized for that. Oh well. Typical Hollywood.

Anyway, SO thrilled about Conroy. AHS would not feel the same without her.

Comment by Kryssi – February 7, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, the brief was ‘horror romance’ with young leads. It isn’t a ‘young’un’ and this isn’t ‘typical hollywood’ there at all. I don’t see what point you’re trying to make, but you obviously dislike this talented girl.

Comment by A. – February 7, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m neither here nor there re: Taissa; I just get tired of “young” romance stories. It’s…everywhere.

Comment by Kryssi – February 7, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you automatically assuming that Taissa will steal the spotlight and get the “romance”? Just because she’s in the show doesn’t mean she’ll be some big main character, or steal the limelight from someone. How do you even know she’ll have a S/O in this series? Lange is fantastic and I agree is very sexy. How do we know she won’t have someone for herself? Single mother with boy toys in the first season -> single older woman to nun in second season -> could very likely actually have someone in the 3rd.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ryan Murphy himself said he’s bringing Taissa back because he missed the romantic story from season 1 and she will be the romantic lead. I think this is great she was really good. I also think Lange is lovely and Murphy must agree. She has had some very sexy scenes in both seasons.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Season1 and Season 2!!!! Can’t wait til the third one!!! AHS is tops!!!

Comment by Dawn – February 7, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Evan Peters all day. Hes awesome and makes the show.

Comment by D – February 7, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He reeks of arrogance now, and he’s dating one of the most notorious fame hungry ‘actresses’ in Hollywood. Typical he sold out. He’s got talent, but I think he thinks he’s better looking than he is. And fangirls are insane, period.

Comment by A. – February 7, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care who he is dating or what he thinks of himself. Why should that matter as long as he keeps performing at the level he’s been performing? Is he the most attractive actor ever? No. I think thats what is great about this show. You don’t have to be gorgeous to be a heart throb. American fell in love with Tate Langdon and it carried over to Kit Walker. For me his appeal is how heart breaking it is when he cries. There’s something moving when his eyes swell with tears. It looks so honest and sincere. He can manipulate our emotions and that’s how he’s become a heart throb despite his mediocre looks.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Quinto and Dylan McDermott must come back!! I really enjoyed season 2 but loved the first season. Maybe they will go back to a similar story line! I like that it was about ghosts, supernatural, the dead! Haunted house, it was brilliant!!

Comment by Ana – February 7, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if the few commenting have even really watched Farmiga. She had more talent than Peters throughout his two seasons combined. She’s going to go far with or without this show. I can understand people not wanting a ‘romance’ type thing again or a whiny self harming like teenager, but that is the beauty of it being a different set up each season. I hope Murphy gives her more scope this time round. I think it’s a pleasure to watch this young lady and I disagree very much with the ‘overrated’ tag. I might place that on Mr Evan Peters instead.

Comment by John – February 7, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they are both very good. Farminga did as much as she could with the typical emo teenager character, and I really like her. I also really like Peters. He played 2 completely different characters, and he did it well. I think people just like to hate on them because they didn’t like how all the teenage fans latched onto them as a couple. I liked Violet and Tate, and I also like Taissa and Evan.

Comment by Dani – February 7, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree with both of you.

Comment by calymo – February 7, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I slightly agree, I think she was one of the best actors in season 1. Evan has moments of brilliance as well but there were some moments from him that seemed forced. It’s probably because I could relate to his character. I’m about the same age he would have been had he not died. I listened to the same music and dressed the same. I was really into the grunge scene so he seems to force it. Violet was a different creature entirely. She seemed to be a modern beatnik. She was something different and she owned it.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We loved both seasons and found ourselves surprised every episode!

Comment by Nicole Bruland – February 7, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to seeing Taissa on screen again. It’s awesome because in a few weeks Vera Farmiga will be on TV. She’s so talented and beautiful, and Taissa is going to be just like her one day, she’s already really captivating and maturing. I personally found her acting very good, it improved as the season progressed. I found the suicide scene particularly moving, and the scene where Peters and her see the dead body.. The two of them together is some kind of wonderful. It’s a shame they may never get to have that chemistry-dynamic on screen again. A great shame. They seemed to click so well on screen, it would be fantastic to see them play the opposite of the ghostly lovers.

Comment by Daisy – February 7, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season two was a mess. And now people are coming out hating on Farmiga because they are pent up about their precious show. You can’t seriously pin it on one person. The writers and the team behind season 2 ran it down, they tried to do too much at once, thought they could churn out whatever- aliens, anne frank etc and people would eat it up ala season one. Season one had it’s fault, and you can list them by all means, but the main difference standing was that season one had heart.. something season two lacked greatly.

Comment by Louise – February 7, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are people so horrible about Farmiga? Her (albeit smaller than peters) tumblr/twitter following are stoked, and rightly so. I think she’s great, and she’s only starting out. I think people are mistaking her for her whiny character in season one. I’m also excited for several of her movies due out this year. And for her big Sisters new show.

Comment by A. – February 7, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that they bring back Morris Chestnut. I’d like a storyline for him… and also Naomi Grossman (Pepper).

Comment by Tina – February 7, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Connie Britton, Kate Mara, and Dylan McDermott come back into season 3! Great job with the story lines! This is by far my favorite show! Great job :)

Comment by Angela – February 7, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thrilled that the band is gettin back together. I just hope Sarah Paulson has a bigger role than she did in Season One.

Comment by Jessa – February 7, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Jessa—–I thought ‘Miss Lana Banana’ had a pretty prominent role on season 2 and she was really awesome. Funny how there is little mention of Sister Mary Grace (don’t know her real name)but I think she was fantastic, going from a sweet innocent introverted nun to a seductively sexy and passionate, demon-possessed vixen. If I were the Monsignor and she asked me if I wanted her to stop, I too would’ve moaned “Nooooooooo……”

Comment by Jon – February 7, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mary Eunice(sp?) / Lily Rabe

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just bring Zachary Quinto back and I don’t care what cast announcements you make

Comment by Rylan – February 7, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WANT DYLAN MCDERMOTT AGAIN! Based on what I see from his Twitter account, he generally LOVES being in the show, plus he portrays the characters superbly, and let’s be real here…he’s beautiful :)

Comment by Kels – February 7, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was awesome in season 1. Season 2 seemed forced. He doesn’t fit the role of a serial killer.

Comment by krystal – February 8, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh i SO agree with the wonderful comment to bring back Jessica Langes boytoy from season one! He was totally cute! Peter is too…but the more the merrier!

Comment by Skinn – February 7, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post