Pilot Scoop: Dave Annable to Star in NBC's Multi-Cam Comedy Joe, Joe and Jane

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Dave Annable Joe, Joe and Jane NBC ComedyFormer 666 Park Ave. resident Dave Annable is making a major push into comedy, landing a starring role in the NBC comedy pilot Joe, Joe and Jane.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them!

The multi-cam project, written by Joe Port and Joe Weissman (The Office, Just Shoot Me), focuses on Joe, an author caught in an ongoing war between two needy, flawed people — his wife, Jane (played by Army Wives‘ Sally Pressman), and his ladies man co-author/BFF, Joe (Annable). The search for the other Joe continues.

Daily Show correspondent Larry Wilmore co-stars as Jane’s recently divorced stepfather.

Annable’s mostly dramatic TV resume includes this season’s short-lived ABC thriller 666 Park Ave., Brothers & Sisters and Reunion. He recently shot a guest stint on Fox’s shelved Ben and Kate that, sadly, may never air.

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• I hope it gets picked up and does well! love him

Comment by Elyse – February 6, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know if his career is going to rebound after the disappointment of 666 Park Avenue.

Comment by Tran – February 6, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds like a good comedy, I love the creators’ previous writing credits.

Comment by CK – February 6, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like the canceled show with the guy from numbers and the name reminds me of 2 guys a girl and pizza place. I bet the name changes.

Comment by leah – February 6, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted to like him in 666 because he’s pretty nice looking, but I was underwhelmed by his acting. Perhaps he will do better in another genre.

Comment by Not so sure – February 6, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him in Brothers & Sisters. Never watched 666 Park Avenue (and evidently lots of other people joined me which is why it was cancelled) but I hope this new show is a great success.

Comment by Linderella – February 6, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can somebody explain to me what the difference is between single camera sitcoms and multi-camera sitcoms? And some examples of each? Please?

Comment by Alienate – February 6, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him!

Comment by N – February 6, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Partners, Leah. Terrble show. Sophia Bush should stick to drama.

Comment by lorna – February 6, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. That’s it. I only watched the premiere and it was terrible.

Comment by leah – February 7, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Dave, love him.

Comment by Julie – February 6, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep sounds a lot like Partners and we all know how well that show turned out

Comment by sara – February 6, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad he’s on a different network, ABC seemed to scr*w him at every turn. And he’s great at comedy so good for him!

Comment by Whateva – February 7, 2013 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Like Dave Annabelle and wish him the best but c’mon, isn’t this pretty much the exact same premise as the now cancelled Partners minus the gay characters?

Comment by Tom – February 7, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lovo dave annabel is great

Comment by eddie – February 11, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the Pilot tonight. It feels like a combination of whats selling right now. Annabelles character is womanizing man-child, a combination of Joey from friends and Barney on How I Met Your Mother. Asif Ali is the Joes manager and is another horn dog character, however in the pilot a newly wed. Sally Pressman does a skarky yet sweet working mother. Will Greenberg is Janes husband Joe and Lauren Lapkus is Janes best friend and back house free loader. They both get to be quirky nerdy and their chemistry is hilarious as Joe really cant stand her presence and she is convinced the step father is the one wearing out his welcome. It wasnt clear if the Joes lived together or just spent all their time together working on kids books. The role of the couples daughter was Mckenna…( sorry dont know this whole name but some one said she has a Disney credit) and she would kick the young Oslen Twins ass in a cute fight.
    My overall impression is that it can a great family sitcom, will probably sell to people over 30.

Comment by E-dat – February 28, 2013 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post