Pilot Scoop: Dave Annable to Star in NBC's Multi-Cam Comedy Joe, Joe and Jane

Dave Annable Joe, Joe and Jane NBC ComedyFormer 666 Park Ave. resident Dave Annable is making a major push into comedy, landing a starring role in the NBC comedy pilot Joe, Joe and Jane.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them!

The multi-cam project, written by Joe Port and Joe Weissman (The Office, Just Shoot Me), focuses on Joe, an author caught in an ongoing war between two needy, flawed people — his wife, Jane (played by Army Wives‘ Sally Pressman), and his ladies man co-author/BFF, Joe (Annable). The search for the other Joe continues.

Daily Show correspondent Larry Wilmore co-stars as Jane’s recently divorced stepfather.

Annable’s mostly dramatic TV resume includes this season’s short-lived ABC thriller 666 Park Ave., Brothers & Sisters and Reunion. He recently shot a guest stint on Fox’s shelved Ben and Kate that, sadly, may never air.

1. Elyse says:

I hope it gets picked up and does well! love him

2. Tran says:

Don’t know if his career is going to rebound after the disappointment of 666 Park Avenue.

3. CK says:

It sounds like a good comedy, I love the creators’ previous writing credits.

4. leah says:

Sounds like the canceled show with the guy from numbers and the name reminds me of 2 guys a girl and pizza place. I bet the name changes.

5. Not so sure says:

I wanted to like him in 666 because he’s pretty nice looking, but I was underwhelmed by his acting. Perhaps he will do better in another genre.

6. Linderella says:

Loved him in Brothers & Sisters. Never watched 666 Park Avenue (and evidently lots of other people joined me which is why it was cancelled) but I hope this new show is a great success.

7. Alienate says:

Can somebody explain to me what the difference is between single camera sitcoms and multi-camera sitcoms? And some examples of each? Please?

8. lorna says:

Partners, Leah. Terrble show. Sophia Bush should stick to drama.

9. Julie says:

Yay for Dave, love him.

10. sara says:

Yep sounds a lot like Partners and we all know how well that show turned out

11. Whateva says:

I’m glad he’s on a different network, ABC seemed to scr*w him at every turn. And he’s great at comedy so good for him!

12. Tom says:

I Like Dave Annabelle and wish him the best but c’mon, isn’t this pretty much the exact same premise as the now cancelled Partners minus the gay characters?

13. eddie says:

I lovo dave annabel is great

14. E-dat says:

I saw the Pilot tonight. It feels like a combination of whats selling right now. Annabelles character is womanizing man-child, a combination of Joey from friends and Barney on How I Met Your Mother. Asif Ali is the Joes manager and is another horn dog character, however in the pilot a newly wed. Sally Pressman does a skarky yet sweet working mother. Will Greenberg is Janes husband Joe and Lauren Lapkus is Janes best friend and back house free loader. They both get to be quirky nerdy and their chemistry is hilarious as Joe really cant stand her presence and she is convinced the step father is the one wearing out his welcome. It wasnt clear if the Joes lived together or just spent all their time together working on kids books. The role of the couples daughter was Mckenna…( sorry dont know this whole name but some one said she has a Disney credit) and she would kick the young Oslen Twins ass in a cute fight.
    My overall impression is that it can a great family sitcom, will probably sell to people over 30.