Exclusive

New Girl Exclusive: House Grad Checks In as Latest Obstacle For Nick and Jess

Odette Annable New Girl Season 2New Girl is throwing a fresh (not to mention drop-dead gorgeous) roadblock in the way of Nick and Jess’ unrequited romance.

The Fox comedy has tapped former House actress Odette Annable to play a potentially recurring love interest for Jake Johnson’s Nick, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | New Girl Exclusive: Meet Jess‘ New Love Interest!

Annable will portray Shane, a perky and preppy management school grad who is Nick’s new boss at the bar. Per the casting notice for the role, Shane “unabashedly” starts having a fling with her new charge.

Annable’s casting comes just days after Nick and Jess shared their first kiss.

Annable, whose credits also include Breaking In and Brothers & Sisters (opposite her real-life hubby Dave),  will soon kick off a multi-episode arc in Cinemax’s rookie drama Banshee.

1. Hopefully Odette causing trouble in the entire house, her comedic range is underrated, first season of Breaking In was really funny. Not to mention she is one of the most beautiful people on the planet.

• brutony says:

Ok, maybe Im out of the loop here with you young whipper snappers, but whos Santana? She is unbelievably HAWT, tho!

• Deena says:

Santana is a character on Glee played by Naya Rivera. I think it’s just this picture where they may have a resemblance.

• brutony says:

She looks like Odette? Not in this lifetime! and any Glee reference should demote you to guest commenter!

• Deena says:

I was explaining to the previous poster who Santana is & that possibly the original poster thought they looked similar based on the picture on this page. Try reading comprehension before you make a nasty comment.

• brutony says:

I wasnt being nasty to YOU, Deena-I was criticising the previous poister who compared the very lovely Odette to a character from a show that wouldnt be too popular to this audience, if you catch my drift. My apologies if I offended you, darlin!

• B says:

You knew who Santana was, lol. Don’t lie. I’m not fan of the show Glee but I wouldn’t go and critize someone who does. Stop being a TV elitist. Those people are never fun.

• candace says:

There’s no point in criticizing her for making physical comparisons between people. Chill.

• brutony says:

No, “B”, I really didn’t know who Santana was, but funny you knew, right away! Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

2. steve says:

This whole will they won’t they garbage is nonesense and for that matter any will they won’t they is nonesense. We all no jess and ncik will get together so for god sake just get it over already.

Will they or won’t they storys are boring to watch

• Tim says:

What the hell is nonesense? Also, it’s ‘know’. Also, it’s ‘stories’. When you type and spell this poorly any point you were trying to make is lost.

• Jersey Jeff says:

Oh BS. If this were Steve’s resume, I certainly wouldn’t be calling him in for an interview. However if you’re so distracted by his poor command of written English that you can’t figure out his obvious point, I probably wouldn’t want to hire you either.

3. Tess Bigler says:

Mike, It is good to see (read) you. Missed you from TVG. You are hereby Bookmarked!

4. dude says:

UGH she’s very pretty but she can’t act. Oh my lord she was horrible in You Again and Cloverfield.

5. SCATTEREDSOUL says:

Noooo!!! Hopefully she won’t stick around for too long.

6. Pima says:

Nooooooooo she is such a bad actress. Why would they cast her in this wonderful show?

7. Chrissy says:

I liked Jess with Sam, but I’ve missed a few episodes. I don’t kow if I like Jess with Nick they seem better as friends.

8. Sam says:

She’s awful. -.-

9. Chrissy says:

I meant know, and yes I actually do know how to spell.

10. Chrissy says:

I meant know.

11. Chrissy says:

I also know how to spell, and use correct grammer just for the record.

12. guru says:

she is awesome. brilliant, funny, witty, and gorgeous in both breaking in and house. good to see her back on TV.

13. lovato says:

Hated her on House. HATED. Why do they cast such a bad actress?

• Jessie Sammler says:

I think the producers realized that, by the last season, anyone still watching the show didn’t really care how great the eye candy was at acting — just that it was there, and that it was stunning.

Personally, I’ve never really noticed whether she can act or not, as my mind is usually blank every second she’s on-screen.

14. Go Ravens says:

Bad actress in acute need of voice lessons. But at least pretty to look at.

15. Chrissy says:

Yeah Yeah I know.

16. jess says:

Don’t mind Jess & Nick not getting together anytime soon (actually love Sam), but this actress just can’t act and has absolutely no comedic timing. Meh.

• lara says:

Agreed. Maybe she’ll surprise us, but she was pretty bad in the movie I saw her in (with K. Bell). She is super hot though!

17. Cega says:

Awesome. I can’t wait to see her again. She was wonderful in House

18. leave a reply says:

Why does she have to ruin all of my shows?

19. Eric says:

How is Nick getting all of these beautiful girls? Olivia Munn, Odette Annable, etc. Such a lucky guy.

20. katie says:

Looking forwards to this! I don’t think a small percentage of Huddies(who hate her because she’s not Lisa Edelstein)’s opinions matter all that much.She wasn’t Lisa Edeldiva, and thank goodness for that

21. Steve7 says:

Great news. She is gorgeous.

22. the princess of bel air says:

How much do you wanna bet she’ll become the ‘Zoe’ of New Girl? lol

23. ann says:

She looks a bit like Will Wheaton.

24. Slatina Whorinova says:

Are Odette Yustman and Odette Annable the same person?

25. L says:

I know this is knit picking but I can’t help it. Does the author realize that “unrequited” means “unreciprocated?” I don’t think that word is used in the right context here. If the “romance” was in fact “unrequited” then bringing on a love interest for Nick wouldn’t be an obstacle — the mere fact that only ONE of them (Nick OR Jess) has the feelings in the first place would BE the obstacle. And we don’t know who – if either if them – is ready to he romantic yet as the kiss was the last scene of the episode! Again I know I’m being anal here but come on – that was your “lead in” paragraph!

26. L says:

Oh – and this chick was awful in House. Simply awful. Monotonous, emotionless. I’ve never seen her on anything else so I’m hoping comedy is her niche (drama sure isn’t!)