New Girl Exclusive: House Grad Checks In as Latest Obstacle For Nick and Jess

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Odette Annable New Girl Season 2New Girl is throwing a fresh (not to mention drop-dead gorgeous) roadblock in the way of Nick and Jess’ unrequited romance.

The Fox comedy has tapped former House actress Odette Annable to play a potentially recurring love interest for Jake Johnson’s Nick, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | New Girl Exclusive: Meet Jess‘ New Love Interest!

Annable will portray Shane, a perky and preppy management school grad who is Nick’s new boss at the bar. Per the casting notice for the role, Shane “unabashedly” starts having a fling with her new charge.

Annable’s casting comes just days after Nick and Jess shared their first kiss.

Annable, whose credits also include Breaking In and Brothers & Sisters (opposite her real-life hubby Dave),  will soon kick off a multi-episode arc in Cinemax’s rookie drama Banshee.

Comments (66)

• Hopefully Odette causing trouble in the entire house, her comedic range is underrated, first season of Breaking In was really funny. Not to mention she is one of the most beautiful people on the planet.

Comment by Ethan (@JeepinSpartan) – February 3, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she looks like Santana a little

Comment by Krystal Dannielle (@KrysDannielle) – February 3, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok, maybe Im out of the loop here with you young whipper snappers, but whos Santana? She is unbelievably HAWT, tho!

Comment by brutony – February 3, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Santana is a character on Glee played by Naya Rivera. I think it’s just this picture where they may have a resemblance.

Comment by Deena – February 3, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She looks like Odette? Not in this lifetime! and any Glee reference should demote you to guest commenter!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I was explaining to the previous poster who Santana is & that possibly the original poster thought they looked similar based on the picture on this page. Try reading comprehension before you make a nasty comment.

Comment by Deena – February 4, 2013 09:24 AM PDT
          • I wasnt being nasty to YOU, Deena-I was criticising the previous poister who compared the very lovely Odette to a character from a show that wouldnt be too popular to this audience, if you catch my drift. My apologies if I offended you, darlin!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 09:38 AM PDT
          • You knew who Santana was, lol. Don’t lie. I’m not fan of the show Glee but I wouldn’t go and critize someone who does. Stop being a TV elitist. Those people are never fun.

Comment by B – February 4, 2013 02:50 PM PDT
          • There’s no point in criticizing her for making physical comparisons between people. Chill.

Comment by candace – February 4, 2013 08:03 PM PDT
    • No, “B”, I really didn’t know who Santana was, but funny you knew, right away! Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This whole will they won’t they garbage is nonesense and for that matter any will they won’t they is nonesense. We all no jess and ncik will get together so for god sake just get it over already.

Will they or won’t they storys are boring to watch

Comment by steve – February 3, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What the hell is nonesense? Also, it’s ‘know’. Also, it’s ‘stories’. When you type and spell this poorly any point you were trying to make is lost.

Comment by Tim – February 3, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh BS. If this were Steve’s resume, I certainly wouldn’t be calling him in for an interview. However if you’re so distracted by his poor command of written English that you can’t figure out his obvious point, I probably wouldn’t want to hire you either.

Comment by Jersey Jeff – February 3, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • +10

Comment by grammar and common sense fan – February 4, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike, It is good to see (read) you. Missed you from TVG. You are hereby Bookmarked!

Comment by Tess Bigler – February 3, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoa this comment is severely late haha :D

Comment by Guy – February 3, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH she’s very pretty but she can’t act. Oh my lord she was horrible in You Again and Cloverfield.

Comment by dude – February 3, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve only seen her in House, and that’s why I’m not excited about her being on the show. I agree, she can’t really act from what I’ve seen of her.

Comment by candace – February 4, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo!!! Hopefully she won’t stick around for too long.

Comment by SCATTEREDSOUL – February 3, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooo she is such a bad actress. Why would they cast her in this wonderful show?

Comment by Pima – February 3, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Jess with Sam, but I’ve missed a few episodes. I don’t kow if I like Jess with Nick they seem better as friends.

Comment by Chrissy – February 3, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh, no. They’re soul-mates.

Comment by Hannah – February 5, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s awful. -.-

Comment by Sam – February 3, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I meant know, and yes I actually do know how to spell.

Comment by Chrissy – February 3, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I meant know.

Comment by Chrissy – February 3, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also know how to spell, and use correct grammer just for the record.

Comment by Chrissy – February 3, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she is awesome. brilliant, funny, witty, and gorgeous in both breaking in and house. good to see her back on TV.

Comment by guru – February 3, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah she is actually pretty bad

Comment by Lolpen – February 3, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hated her on House. HATED. Why do they cast such a bad actress?

Comment by lovato – February 3, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the producers realized that, by the last season, anyone still watching the show didn’t really care how great the eye candy was at acting — just that it was there, and that it was stunning.

Personally, I’ve never really noticed whether she can act or not, as my mind is usually blank every second she’s on-screen.

Comment by Jessie Sammler – February 3, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nah. Brain is the new sexy. She’s not that hot. ;)

Comment by leave a reply – February 3, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So is MY mind!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad actress in acute need of voice lessons. But at least pretty to look at.

Comment by Go Ravens – February 3, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s drop dead gorgeous! And Go Niners!

Comment by brutony – February 3, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah Yeah I know.

Comment by Chrissy – February 3, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t mind Jess & Nick not getting together anytime soon (actually love Sam), but this actress just can’t act and has absolutely no comedic timing. Meh.

Comment by jess – February 3, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Maybe she’ll surprise us, but she was pretty bad in the movie I saw her in (with K. Bell). She is super hot though!

Comment by lara – February 3, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. I can’t wait to see her again. She was wonderful in House

Comment by Cega – February 3, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does she have to ruin all of my shows?

Comment by leave a reply – February 3, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Nick getting all of these beautiful girls? Olivia Munn, Odette Annable, etc. Such a lucky guy.

Comment by Eric – February 3, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you not see that kiss? Question answered.

Comment by Emily – February 3, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahahah definitely…… that kiss was THE kiss!

Comment by Ximena – February 4, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, really! Whats this guys secret? For a loser, he sure scores with major 10′s!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s true… I mean, he’s not quirky or charming… He’s 30-something and his life isn’t really together. He’s kind of a loser, to be honest, so I don’t see how random women are attracted to him. I can understand Jess, because they live together/know each other, but not random women at the bar.

Comment by candace – February 4, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He’s got the knack, and how do we get it? Is he also the one hitting that CeCe chick? That Hannah Storm is SMOKIN!

Comment by brutony – February 5, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probly cuz he’s a TV character, I’m guessing. ;)

Comment by Jen S – February 5, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forwards to this! I don’t think a small percentage of Huddies(who hate her because she’s not Lisa Edelstein)’s opinions matter all that much.She wasn’t Lisa Edeldiva, and thank goodness for that

Comment by katie – February 3, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does this comment make any sense?

Comment by Pima – February 4, 2013 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No. No it does not.

Comment by Natalie – February 4, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, it does. It’s a big House reference basically.

Comment by Guest – February 4, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. She is gorgeous.

Comment by Steve7 – February 4, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How much do you wanna bet she’ll become the ‘Zoe’ of New Girl? lol

Comment by the princess of bel air – February 4, 2013 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ‘Zoey’, sorry

Comment by the princess of bel air – February 4, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who is Zoey?

Comment by Pima – February 4, 2013 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She was a character on HIMYM. One of Ted’s girlfriend. Everyone hated her.

Comment by the princess of bel air – February 4, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • haha then yes, i can see Odette´s character becoming the most hated of the show. I just don´t think she fits. She is too bland for comedy

Comment by Pima – February 4, 2013 08:13 AM PDT
          • Ironically, Zooey on HIMYM was played by Jennifer Morrison, who as you House sitters all know, was on House for years! So, it all comes full circle, eh?

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 08:59 AM PDT
  • She looks a bit like Will Wheaton.

Comment by ann – February 4, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So do YOU, Ann!

Comment by brutony – February 4, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are Odette Yustman and Odette Annable the same person?

Comment by Slatina Whorinova – February 4, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is knit picking but I can’t help it. Does the author realize that “unrequited” means “unreciprocated?” I don’t think that word is used in the right context here. If the “romance” was in fact “unrequited” then bringing on a love interest for Nick wouldn’t be an obstacle — the mere fact that only ONE of them (Nick OR Jess) has the feelings in the first place would BE the obstacle. And we don’t know who – if either if them – is ready to he romantic yet as the kiss was the last scene of the episode! Again I know I’m being anal here but come on – that was your “lead in” paragraph!

Comment by L – February 5, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh – and this chick was awful in House. Simply awful. Monotonous, emotionless. I’ve never seen her on anything else so I’m hoping comedy is her niche (drama sure isn’t!)

Comment by L – February 5, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post