CBS Renews NCIS For Season 11 as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal -- But What About Cote de Pablo?

NCIS Renewed Season 11Color us not surprised: CBS has renewed NCIS for a 11th season after finalizing a new deal with leading man Mark Harmon, the network announced Friday.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

“In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the No. 1 show on television,” said CBS President and CEO Les Moonves in a statement. “NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today’s global content ecosystem — high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform.”

CBS is said to be still in negotiations with Harmon’s co-star, Cote de Pablo, whose deal is also set to expire at season’s end. (The rest of the cast is locked in.)

Currently in its 10th season, NCIS ranks as TV’s most-watched drama series with an average audience of 21.48 million viewers.

Thoughts? Are you as not shocked as we are? Concerned that Ziva remains a question mark? Hit the comments!

1. John says:

Wow, adding in the J.A.G years and this lineage has been entertaining us for a VERY long time.

And doing it well.

• srsly says:

It’s great to see Mark has signed! I have been watching him since he played Thib, but Gibbs is my favorite! He has earned everything he has been given.
      I hope the show continues to go back to the roots which made it so popular. There’s still a way to go but it will only be stronger when they get there. We need the team to be a unified team again.
      I don’t care that Ziva remains a question mark. I don’t care about Ziva at all.

• Charllie Stevens says:

Ziva is hot and a very good actress if you don’t like her you’re probably gay.
        CS

• jimbob says:

I AGREE WITH U.SHE IS GREAT

• Cindy says:

I agree withth tose who love the Ziva character and the actress; Ziva’s’s a strong female character who can do everything–fight as well as or better than the guys and use her brains, and she that fits right in with the rest of the team;I hope she and CBS can agree and that her contract is renewed; also, I’d lke to see the relationship with Tony develop; they need each other, and complement each other; they could, eventually, be married agents (like married detectives of yore (e.g., Mr. & Mrs. North( and that could also be useful in plot lines with them undercover

• Danny Franks Sr says:

she is great and as far as tony & ziva being a item-NO

• Olga says:

I agree Ziva (Cote de Pablo) is a great actress and a highly great character in the show. She should be kept on just like the others. I do hope that consider keeping Ziva’s character alive with Cote de Pablo.

• Ziva is the greatest, part of all of us would die if she left! Please don’t leave Ziva!~!!!!!

• Linda Gaudsmith says:

Ziva is great and an important part of the group. I hope she signs for many more years.

• Annmarie says:

Well, of course Ziva needs to stay she is one of the main characters and also a big part of Gibbs team and we really don’t want to mess with Gibbs. So glad they will all be back for another wonderful season.

• Danielle says:

I agree with you She is great and helps make the show great

• Jan says:

I agree, Ziva is an exceptional addition to the cast and series, love the show, even the reruns!

• Charlie, I have to agree with you. She would be greatly missed from this show.

• Jayni Fraga says:

NCIS, with out Ziva, I think would not have the same ratings. It is the team that makes the show.

• Judy says:

I totally agree, she would be missed.

• Cheryl says:

Zeva needs to come back,this last show was horrible at the end,she and Tony are great together they lost kate they cant loose Zeva its to soon.

• Judy Donovan says:

The last episode left us wondering about Ziva surviving the crash. I’m holding my breath, as I love her as part of this cast. All the characters really ‘work’ together. Don’t break it up.

• Stacy says:

I agree that Cote is a very good actress. And I love how we have seen her character Ziva grown throughout the seasons. And I hate to tell you there are Ziva haters or those who could care less if she returns or not (same for every character on the show). Their sexuality has *nothing* to do with it.

• bill says:

Cote de Pablo is a good actress, but for me it ends there. I’m not gay, I just remember the actresses of the 70′s and 80′s. Most actresses today are to skinny, they have no figure.

• R says:

I agree, she is an amazing actress and I love her character! I’d be disappointed if she didn’t return, but I would still continue to watch.

• I do like Ziva, but not because I am a gay woman, but because her character is cool, has a lot of depth and is funny too. You’re gay comment is rude and bigoted!

• Just Sayin' says:

Psh! I AM gay and I LOVE Ziva! LOL It wouldn’t be the same without her!

• Michael Engberg says:

I agree, Ziva must remain, not only is she hot but to replace her after all these years would be hard. The play between her and Tony is a big part of the show.

• T sailes says:

Ziva and abbey are the best in the show

• JB says:

ZIVA IS A WEAPON IN HERSELF BUT IF SHE LEAVES,I WOULD HATE TO SEE THAT BUT GIBBS, TONY AND McGEE CAN STILL MAKE IT HAPPEN WITH HER REPLACEMENT BUT I WILL MISS HER.

• yes, she's gone says:

ziva, isn’t an actress, she’s a character.

• Helen says:

Ziva is a great actress. The show woudnt be the same without her. I hope she renews her contract and the team stays together. N.C.I.S. lover (ME)

• Diane says:

I agree Cote is a great actress, i and the others in my household hope she renews her contract and the team stays together.

• Vanesha says:

I think It is not Mark Harmon’s role alone that catches so much views for the movie. Cote de Pablo’s role as Ziva actually is also one of the reasons why Ncis is such a hit.

• Helen says:

Mark Harmon is an awesome actor.Ziva and Tim are also great actor and actress. They have a really good team cant get enough NCIS !

• Kayde says:

Hear! Hear!

• Debra Brown says:

I love the scenes between Tony and Ziva. They have great chemistry. They worry about each other, care about each other. I hope Cote stays. There would be a very big hole there if she leaves. Something would be missing.

• ted says:

Been watching the show for years. I like the tough gal of Ziva. She is a woman weapon on the show, don’t go Ziva

• Debra Brown says:

I second that!

• Linda says:

I agree. They are a team and removing any of them, in my opinion, would be taking the show from a plus rating to an average rating. I think the episodes with Ziva in them are much stronger than the episodes with Kate. Ziva needs to stay.

• Danielle says:

I agree I don’t want her to go neither. I have watched the show since season 1 and will continue but enough killing the women off the show. Cote needs to stay on the show

• Ann says:

I like Ziva. Hope she comes back next season. What about Mcgee? Can’t they give him a love interest.

• JOANNE FRASURE says:

i’d take [Ziva]Cote De Pablo over Mark Harmon.[Gibbs] was good.now just an BULLY

• Carole Peel says:

Can’t believe you could be over Mark Harmon who wants a weak man in the lead role yeah he gets bossy but if you cared as much about your family (that’s what NCIS is to him) as he does then you would be just as passionate about their protection and well being. I hope Ziva continues as she is a great character ;played by a great actor but she wasn’t the first female team member and perhaps won’t be the last if she wants too much to re-sign.

• Lucy says:

If u don’t care about Ziva u are and idiot. Nobody can’t replace her I love all of them I have doubts about Leon, I dn’t like the way he talks to Gibbs, but I guess is hes roll. Ziva is a must. she is important, the show will not be the same without her. ZIVA, sign up for many years, I love the show

• Mary says:

You might not like Ziva (personally I think your insane NOT to like her), but take her away and then what? Replace her with who? Ziva is irreplaceable! Tony would end up in the psych ward without Ziva…..Tim would be almost lost though he would still have Abbey…..Gibbs would go from GRAY to BALD without her. You cannot get rid of Ziva she is an important compound in the glue that makes this show what it is “A HUGE SUCCESS”!

• Debra Brown says:

I love Ziva, too. The sparks between Tony and Ziva are great! Let the characters have an agrument, it adds more humor to the show. Cote’ is a very important part of the show. I hope she stays. She’s one of the many reasons I watch NCIS. The other cast members and the great writing finish the rest of the reasons I watch it. As far as his rules are concerned, that can change. Get Tony and Ziva together.

• Lois Ann Womack says:

I like Ziva too, Cote needs to make up her mind about staying on the show. She is leaving everyone dangling, it’s not fair to the rest of the cast.

• Annmarie says:

I really think CBS has finally gotten the casting right with the show. The ratings keep climbing and the show keeps perfecting itself. I guess that is why it is the #1 show. So why mess with perfection and the story lines keep getting better. Re-sign Cote and I do believe Leon is quite good as NCIS director and is a good fit

• Ziva is great. I hope she does renew her contract with CBS. I love Ziva!

• Mark Harmon it is. Please just give him a romance. I love seeing his softer side. It would be interesting for the team to see it also. and yes, I could see him finally in a good marriage and with a child again.

• Helen bogdon says:

I will be really upset if ziva isn’t on the show. She is a very important part of the team. They all click so well together I think it would not be the same without her. So please cote sign the contract and stay with us.

• Connie says:

I agree Helen we need Ziva. The team is awesome. It’s been our favorite show since JAG. The shows have been filmed by now but if she signed they might reshot a sence.

• Tivagirl says:

I’m so happy that mark is going to be on season 11, but I don’t know if I can continue watching if Cote de Pablo isn’t on the show anymore.

• really happy says:

Ziva is Great! she adds to the plot

• Cannot get how you don’t care about Ziva at all. I loved the show before Ziva, but I would really miss her character. She’s got a great back story, wonderful relationships with the rest of the team, is funny (the whole English colloquialism thing & how she gives Tony a hard time), but she also has made Tony a better man, cause he loves her (and she loves him). It was frustrating that they were about to admit that to each other before the crash, and would be sad if Ziva was gone without them ever admitting that.

• You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the best actress in the world a lot better than Kate. She has personality, hot, and is better than Johnny depp(the same for Gibbs, Tony, Ducky, director Vance, Jimmy, Abby, Dornigit, and Mcgee). You are the stupidest person you idiotic ding bat. Oh and by the way you are getting told by a thirteen year old. I don’t think the show would survive without Shiva I would stop watching it. BTW did I mention that your stupid and a idiotic ding bat.

• Tn Vol says:

I will still watch if Ziva goes, but the character would be missed

• Angel Harris says:

EVERYONE LOVES ZIVE SHE WAS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THIS SHOW KATE WAS TERRIBLE

• Alisa Neely says:

PLEASE, do NOT speak for ALL “NCIS” fans…..because NOT everyone LOVES or LIKES her…..there are MANY who like to see her gone…..we are tired of her getting slapped on the hand for what she does, while others….like TONY, gets reamed out…….the woman does NOT know how to FOLLOW ODERS….i.e. STAND DOWN…..or to give IMPORTANT information, that just MIGHT save the lives of NCIS AGENTS…..in the case of the crossover with NCIS:LA ( the introduction for the show)….NOT telling the team about her FATHER, when she figured out it was him in the picture….cost vance his WIFE…..throwing an injured tony to the ground and pulling a LOADED GUN and shoving it into his chest…..and saying she’d be HAPPY to pull the trigger…..turning off the coms, while getting voice prints and LEAVING tony without BACKUP….thinking because she’d been on “team gibbs” for so long, she didn’t have to DO her “probie time”……again, please DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL “NCIS FANS”.

• Dan C says:

Wow. Just wow. I am stunned by some of the STUPID ppl in this world. “Ziva” is a fictional character dummy. She didnt choose to do any of that nor did the REAL PERSON Cote. Remember what i said – FICTION, REAL PEOPLE. OMG. Lol. If you havent yet, please go back to school. I just cant believe what i just read.

• Jan says:

Hello!!!! This is her role the script writers have written for her! Gee, get a grip and drink a good dose of reality. I think she is a super actress and super gorgeous! Stick in there Cote!

• Alisa Neely says:

you MAY think she’s SUPER and all that…..but, i and OTHER don’t feel that way…..the show has gone DOWN HILL, since she arrived…..characters being DUMBED DOWN, to make ziva the great SUPER HERO…..she is NOT made to PAY for what she does….while others, end up paying….again, there are OTHER NCIS FANS; that feel the SAME WAY I DO.

• Denise says:

Wow! Really you think by the way you put it is going to make your point I mean come on now just because you don’t like her doesn’t mean anything! I don’t think the show has lost viewer’s since she has arrived I think they have gained some! Take me for example I had no desire to watch NCIS…….I started watching it when Ziva joined the show and I have watched all the episode’s before and after Ziva I think the show has gotten better! I love Ziva being on the show and since I have grown to love all the people on the show! I understand not all viewer’s like all the charters of any show but still you don’t have to be so mean to the people who do like her, be respectful to everyone! I love the show and I love Ziva so I HOPE SHE SIGN’S AGAIN FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!

• Jezza says:

Without ziva there would be no girls on d team and that would be stupid

• I LOVE Ziva! If she leaves, I hope they don't replace her with another wuss type like Kate!! says:

I LOVE Kate! If she leaves, I hope they do’t replace her with another wuss type like Kate.

• Mena says:

I hope cote De Palbo stays, I love her character

• erin says:

come on ziva stay please you are my favorite character on this show SING THE CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jerry says:

HAHA. You wrote “SING” THE CONTRACT. instead of “SIGN”.
        The reason I find it humorous is because she is a singer and I can imagine her, with all the CBS execs watching her, “singing” about her contract. LOL

• Lucy says:

Sign Ziva please???????

• Ashley says:

i just heard about this yesterday and i say AWESOME!…. LOVE NCIS one of the best shows on tv. All 3 of my fav. shows are renewd……….the walking dead season 4 and sons of anarchy for season 6 and 7! MORE GIBBS AND DINOZZO PLEASE! LOL.

• Don says:

Don’t Let Ziva go, the chemistry and the variety of stories are great!!!! Also like NCIS – LA and would like to see ‘some’ cross-over, but the acting and story lines are just not quite as good as NCIS…..

• susan says:

I love this show. It brings everything a show should to the table. They have to do whatever it takes to keep Cote de Pablo. She is a major part of the show also. Keep it going guys, you have a forever fan.

• Brenda says:

This is how this goes……CBS want Cote de Pablo, obviously or they wouldn’t be in negotiations. Cote wants to work with NCIS or SHE wouldn’t be in negotiations. CBS doesn’t want to pay anymore than they absolutely necessary to retain profit. Cote wants more pay to retain her lifestyle for when the show is over and she like all other actors is looking for work. With that said, when Sasha Alexander left the show to have a family, there were many nah sayers stating they would stop watching the show. Uuuuhhmmm, the show is bigger now than back then. Shows progress, CSI Las Vegas is a classic example. I do not want Ziva’s character gone but, then again, we aren’t the creators, simply the watchers. We watch because there is a quality to the show. I guarantee all of you worry warts that they are NOT going to destroy a show that is ranked number one. They will make it great and if that means leaving a cast member behind to gain new (Kate vs. Ziva) or if they retain our favored Tiva chemistry……..they are going to make it good. Have faith in the people you have trusted to bring us a great show. We should be more worried that they increase the shows from 24 a year to 26 again. We got it one year……oh to bring another year like that again……sweet Heaven.

• Lisa says:

I agree 100% with you! You took the words right out of my mouth! You are exactly correct and you hit the nail on the head!!!!!

• Debra Brown says:

Cote is very important to the show. She is worth every penny. She’s a good actress. The chemistry between her and Michael’s characters is great. I think the writers should work on that storyline. They only touch on it and back off. They are jealous of whoever the other is with. They care about each other. They even have the look of being a couple. People notice these things. They deny it. CBS: pay her what she wants. She’s worth it.!

• Ronnie Rice says:

I watched CSI every week until Grisom left after that the show wasn’t worth watching

• dj says:

I agree, I quit watching when Grisom left the csi show, still won’t watch it. I never miss NCIS. love the show. They are a family, What would happen to the show if even one of the cast left..

• Karen says:

I agree!! Hey, CBS and NCIS Cast: take a page from MASH. You are all great, we love the show and cast and more importantly we BUY the stuff the advertisers show. Even one little bit missing from this recipe ruins a great dish. You have me for 60 minutes every Tuesday. So be smart and pony up the cash for their contracts and cast members,stick around and be classy till the end of the series. Fans will remember!!

• Nasrin says:

Well said! :-)

• DeBorah Beatty says:

I hope Ziva stays to flesh out the relationship with Mossad. Otherwise, who cares that they are even there, Sirtis notwithstanding. Looks like she will be awesome, but I’d love to see the interaction between two strong “Israeli” women.

• Eliga Roby says:

Ziva, don’t leave!!

• Terry Hill says:

Cote DePaoulo is a great actress and it would be NCIS’s loss if she did not come back,as a matter of fact she takes command of her role better than Sasha Alexander did, in my opinion this group of actors were born to play the roles they reprise looking forward to the finale I wished NCIS never killed off MUse Watson role one of the better actors on TV period.

• We must have Ziva. Love her in this role. She really helps make the team whole. She “handles” Tony so well. My husband Really looks forward to seeing this actress each week, would be heartbroken if she isn’t back.

• sara says:

If they break up this cast I am switching networks for good

• Dan Cnklin says:

You, know, they could always re sign Sasha Alexander. They could play off that it was some kind of a bad dream and that Ziva was some kind of a nightmare. Bottom line, I love Ziva the character and the mossad thing, However, Cote De Pablo, you are the number one network show with 21 million viewers on average. Yes, we all know actors have very little family time etc, but how many times in your life will you average 21 million viewers for a series you star in? You can ALWAYS have kids later in life, or bring them on set. I think doing this twice in a row with signing, you should be fired and not get re cast on anything for a while. It comes down to greed or being naive if you ask me. Im sure De Pablo is a sweetheart, but the ratings dont lie!! Either sign on time like the rest of the cast, or sit on the sidelines indefinately if thats what you want to do. Do you know how many ppl would literally kill to star in a show with such ratings in the year 2013???? NCIS kicks SVUs @$$ by nearly double in the ratings and to second guess your job more than ONE TIME (2011) – maybe its time for you to go.

That is me being as nice about the topic as possible. Who is else is getting a little fed up? Would HATE to see her character go, esp after her dad dying and opening a development opportunity with Leon Vance’s character (aka friendship), Ziva has alot of untapped potential. Either step up and step in, OR GIVE SOMEONE ELSE THE OPPORTUNITY AND STOP HOLDING YOUR EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS ETC AT GUN POINT in a way of speaking.

Anyone else see where im coming from and agree with some if not all the above??? :)

• Danielle says:

Sasha Alexander has a great show going on on tnt I love both shows Sasha needs to stay on Rizzoli and Ilses and Cote needs to stay on NCIS.

• McQuaid says:

When will season 11 start you left me in the air don’t. kill Fornial he is Gibs partner (wife’s) they are great toghter

What have you got Gibs into now

Please tell me when is it going to start

• Ron says:

ZIVA IS A INTRIGUAL PART OF THE PLOT NOW AND CAN NOT GO AWAY YET, YOU NEED TO PONY UP THE MONEY ONE MORE YEAR.

• Butch says:

I loved Jag and like it when NCIS, NCIS LA and Hawaii 5-0 interact. Would like to see more of that.

• By now you all know Cote is leaving, and we will see the conclusion of the Tony-Ziva romance. I, myself hope it gets good and hot between them before she leaves, and Tony is broken for a few episodes. Cote is not the glue that holds this fantastic show together. Mark Harmon is the cutest of all the strong male TV leading men. I wonder does Michael Weatherly do anything else? I have never seen any ‘gossip’ trash shows with any of the NCIS stars. Hope it stays that way. The stories are good and have depth like no others. I love the ‘marathons’ on the long boring weekends, and don’t care how many re-runs they show. I know change has to come, so sorry to see Ziva leave. I admire the station to have the GUTS to have an Israeli as a leading star in this politically (in)correct world, where they want us to hate the good in the other strong countries have to offer. Please don’t bring muslims to the show to get us to accept the ”new world’ . I can’t say just yet if I will keep watching NCIS if it gets as stupid as CSI got. Never watched that again when they dumped Bill Peterson. Thank God for memories and videos.

2. Nerwen Aldarion says:

I’m shocked! SHOCKED!

3. Steph says:

Yayyyyyyyy!

4. Azerty says:

Good to know. Now I want a new cross over between NCIS and NCIS:LA!

5. Brandon says:

Congrats to the ringleader of the best show on t.v!!!

6. Brandon says:

Almost forgot….resign Cote!!!
    Agree w Azerty as well a new crossover would be great

7. Angela says:

Please let Cote leave, nothing against her, but I loathe Ziva with a burning passion.

• Kristen says:

Same here. I’ve never been a fan of Ziva and her character just doesn’t seem even remotely real or plausible.

• Maxine says:

And 23 millions fans ( munus several haters) love her with passion. :)

• Lillian says:

You don’t know that. I seriously hate when people speak for all of the fans. You know one sliver of the fandom, period. You don’t know why people not online love the show. They could be tuning in for any one of the actors, or the military aspect, or the procedural aspect, etc.

• Deborah says:

Yes, I agree, Keep Ziva! Her role is refreshing and her acting in the Shabbat episode was especially emotionally moving. So glad NCIS was renewed for the 11th season.

• I have no doubt that Cote will stay because she’s stated that she wants to remain with the show til the end…..and I love Ziva, along with countless other fans. :-)

• LeeAnn says:

Your opinion is respected. However, with all the number of fans who watch and like NCIS, it seems Cote de Pablo is doing something right !!!!!!!

Her character in NCIS is what makes the show complete. Just as we need the others, the part of Zeva is also crucxial to the show.

I repsect your opinion and I do hope you will repsect mine and that of many others who say KEEP ZEVA !!!!!!!!!!!

8. Sarah says:

Yay! :) I really hope Cote sighs soon.

9. @NativSwan on Twitter says:

No worries about the lovely & irreplaceable Cote!! :D As Harmon recently stated, the show got better (& gained more viewers) SINCE she arrived!! The “Core8″ makes the show successful, and you cannot have NCIS without ANY of the Major stars who carry the show!! I’m looking forward to Season 11, and hopefully that will be the start of the FInale of the entire Series, so that we can see these characters finally move forward with their careers and their lives, as they DESERVE to do!!! :) Best show on TV!!!

• Colleen Weatherly says:

Oh sweetie, the “lovely & irreplaceable Cote” is NOT as well-loved by the cast as you might think. Mark only made that statement because he was being honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Did you really think he was going to insult one of his costars? Of course not…his speech had to be approved by the higher-ups of the show! According to crew members & behind-the-scene workers on NCIS, Cote is universally DESPISED on the set because of her diva attitude & refusal to be a “team player”!

• Are you related to the guy who plays Tony? There aren’t too many people out there with the last name of Weatherly. I believe you’re insanely jealous of Cote – an that’s why you speak of her sooo poorly! if they didn’t get along off the set, the TV series woudn’t have been such a big hit! I hope that Cote stays on and continues to make you even more jealous! She probably gets along well with everybody – yes, even Tony! More so him than anyone else! I feel sorry for Mr. Weatherly! To be associated with someone like you! Are you the reason why all the other women have left the show?? it’s ok – I’m sure Ziva/Cote could kick your butt. She doesn’t have to though, cause shes already got approval from ALL her fans! Keep going strong, Cote!!! Up yours, Colleen Weatherly!!

10. Fabby says:

Please Re-sign Cote! I would have to stop watching without her. I d

11. joan says:

I think the first time I saw him was when he played serial killer Ted Bundy and he was great in that role.He’s still so handsome and charming.

• Tammy says:

Mark Harmon played Ted Bundy? I did not know that.

• Suncatcher says:

Yup. “The Deliberate Stranger.” Excellent film.
        If you want to see Mark Harmon in a sizzling hot sex scene with Meg Ryan, watch him in “The Presidio.” Harmon co-starred with Sean Connery in this really good film.

• Cheryl says:

Yes he did and he played it so well. He was very intense and if you followed the Ted Bundy story well then you know he was scary good as Ted Bundy.

• Angel says:

He was great in Summer School also

• opus says:

Those of you who have never seen Mark Harmon as a young doctor on St. Elsewhere need to encourage the release of this excellent show on DVD. Only year one is available and Mark did not join until year two but was very popular on the show.

• Andrea says:

WORD about Dr. Bobby Caldwell from St. Elsewhere. One of my very first crushes as a kid…sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, I would LOVE it if Ziva were to exit, but I doubt that will happen. Cote would be following some seriously bad advice if she didn’t sign on the bottom line. I’m reminded of two things: Melina K was replaced on CSI: NY and Bradley Whitford once gave Dule Hill some advice when they were on The West Wing: (paraphrased) There’s no guarantee that your acting career will always be like it is right now.

• Susie says:

I actually couldn’t stand him after he played Bundy. It took him getting older and playing Gibbs before I liked him again.

12. Stacey says:

Cote appears very happy with the show. So I would be SHOCKED if she does go. And NCIS seems happy to have her. Last time she didn’t renew until later, nearer the end of the season two years ago. I am sure NCIS is more concerned with getting Mark signed before they re-sign anyone else. But lets hope they keep Cote!

13. Svenja says:

Well two years ago Mark signed in early feb and Cote in April… I think the fact that they are negotiating shows she wants to stay… not worried at all. With these ratings and the success of the show and the friendly climate on set I think Cote will sign eventually. CBS knows the main cast is the key to the success of the show plus Cote and Mark are very very close friends. I am not worried at all. I am happy that Mark decided to do more NCIS. He is such a great actor. The show is the best on television and it keeps getting better in its 10th season. I am excited :)

14. I’m not worried about Cote leaving cause she appears to be happy with the show as others have stated. She’s part of the Power of Eight, as it was coined by one of the NCIS publicists and she’s one of the big draws for the show. So excited that NCIS has been renewed for Season 11! :-)

• sarcastic ninja says:

Power of Eight??? Yeah, if Palmer or McGee left the show would just fall apart. Hell, I wouldn’t even notice.

• taliesin says:

Sean’s not ever going anywhere. Ever! His step-father is Donald Bellisario; the creator of the show – and is the reason Sean was on JAG before joining NCIS. It’s good to have nepotism on your side. :)

• Hey, he was on JAG before DB became his stepdad, Also, CBS conducts the contract negotiatins not DB.

• taliesin says:

I didn’t say that DB does the negotiations, but his say-so goes VERY, VERY far. And less we forget Sean’s younger brother, Chad, is a producer at NCIS:LA. And Sean’s first episode of JAG was in 1998: the same year DB married his mother. It’s not hard to see the nepotism there. :)

• srsly says:

DPB has little to no say and hasn’t since the end of season 4. Sean may have had an in with the show but he has earned his stripes legitimately.

• Ian Winskill says:

Donald Bellisario retains his Executive Producer status, but really has nothing to do with the show. He let go of his producer status of the show in 2007 This was after Harmon said that he would quit because of Bellisario’s chaotic management style. Harmon assumed the role of Producer of the show in 2008 and Executive Producer in 2011.

Bellisario and his production company are not involved in NCIS: LA, although he sued CBS claiming that he had creative rights to the program. A lower court and an appeals court rejected Bellisario’s claims.

• Svenja says:

Well I would notice and many other fans too. The key to the success of the show is the team as a whole. As a family. And McGee and Palmer are important parts of that family.

• Svenja, I totally agree and I would notice if Palmer and McGee were not there anymore as well because as you’ve said, the team has become family…..and all are popular as evidenced by the TV Guide duo and single covers back in the fall!!! I have a feeling all will stay with the show til the end! :-)

• anna says:

Considering the publicists for this show do more for cdp & ziva & tiva than any other character/star their opinion is pretty much useless.
      Their bias is also idiotic & embarassing for someone in their profession

15. TV Gord says:

While I would hate to see her go, the prospect of shutting up all of the tiresome comments from Tony and Ziva fanatics is kind of appealing to me. ;-)

I never watched JAG, but I’ve always loved NCIS. It shows no signs of slowing down as far as I can see.

• Tecumsah says:

Tiresome indeed. If I see one more stupid “shipper” comment……..blecch! Almost as bad as the poorly written slash-fic wetdreams about Gibbs & Tony, or Ziva & Abby. People can’t appreciate what the writers and actors are doing without overlaying their own fantasies on top. Guys, get out of your Mom’s basement and put some pants on. Ladies….leave the adolescent fantasies to your daughters and grow up. It’s ok to wish a storyline would take a different approach, or comment on how the writers or actors have taken a character in a particular direction, but for God’s sake quit whining that they don’t use your idea for Tony and Ziva’s inevitable hook-up.

• Alisa Neely says:

i’ll take SLASH over boring OLD hetero-fiction ANY DAY….and there is NOTHING wrong with it…there are pretty DAMN great slash stories out there….and YES, with gibbs and tony, tony and mcgee and such….you just need an OPEN MIND….i’ll take TIBBS over TIVA always.

alisa

• Tecumsah says:

1. If you’re straight, the fact you are so passionate about slash-fic is sad. Especially if you have a man in your life and aren’t sitting in the dark, in front of your computer, wearing stretched out sweatpants. Nevermind. If you like slash-fic you’re just sad with no qualifiers.
          2. If you aren’t straight, what the heck are you doing fantasizing about 2 dudes making out with each other? I actually called a couple of lesbian friends and they both agreed the idea of 2 guys together holds no allure for them at all. And they both hate all forms of slash-fic.
          3. No, there is no such thing as DAMN great slash stories. Maybe the writer follows Strunk & White to the letter, but it’s still beneath the average Highlights article.
          4. The Caps Lock key is to the left. Learn to use it.
          5. In summation…anything can be boring if not done well, and slash-fic is never done well. Maybe competently, but not well.

• Alisa Neely says:

well guess what: i AM straight and LOVE slash….i even “beta/edit” it for some writers….and i’m single and guess what: THAT’S MY RIGHT….i do read some “hetro”…..but, i like “slash” 100x MORE…..just because YOU don’t like it, doesn’t mean OTHER feel like you.

• Tecumsah says:

H-m-m-m-m. Well, Ashley, I see besides not knowing where the Caps Lock key is located, you apparently also haven’t learned how to use punctuation or the plural of “OTHER.” You’ve also confirmed my thoughts on a straight woman loving slash-fic. Yes, it’s your right to be single. Though with your passionate love for man-on-man action, I suspect that’s not by choice, eh?

• anna says:

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, the consistent personal bashing of fanfic writers who write slash really needs to stop. It’s idiotic, ridiculous & causes nothing but tension in a fandom that’s supposed to be *fun*.

• Alisa Neely says:

thank you sooooooooooo much, anna……just because someone doesn’t like or understand fanfiction/slash fanfiction, doesn’t give them the right to BASH those who DO like to read pr write it.

alisa

• srsly says:

Wow! There are no words. Did you come up with all of these ideas by yourself or did the voices tell you all of this? #2 is particularly special with a layer of homophobia on top.

• Tory says:

Too bad Tecumseh has publicaly shown her homophobic tendencies. Or perhaps she is just plain prejudiced against anyone outside her narrow little stream. Probably a secret Ziva lover……

16. Lisa says:

Yeah!! there is no NCIS withough Gibbs, period. Even though i think (and REALLY hope) it will be ok, Cote’s lack of contract is a concern considering the track record of important and recurring women in the series: Paula Cassidy-dead, Jenny-dead, Kate-dead, duckys mom-dead, Agent Lee-dead, Vance’s wife-dead, Gibbs’ significant girfriends(3 in my mind)-MIA. here’s hoping if it doesnt work out, it happens with plenty of time to close Ziva’s story in a proper way.

17. Butch Fralia says:

Wonderful! I Can’t imagine NCIS without anyone at the moment. Abby and Gibbs are the ones the show couldn’t live without. Cote will resign!

18. Templar says:

Cheers! now if they would just bring in Tea Leoni as a love interest for Gibbs, I’d be belching rainbows.

• TV Gord says:

Lord, no.

• Who Doesn't Like a Good Fart Joke? says:

I think the expression is “farting rainbows.” However, I’d pay to see you do either one! And I like your idea about Tea Leoni.

• Templar says:

I was trying to be a bit less vulgar. After watching TL in The Family Man opposite Nicholas Cage, I feel she has just the right combination of refined sexiness and delicate femininity.

19. Rocky says:

Cote rocks! and .. Ziva go kick their ass! :p

20. Karen Kou says:

Please, please don’t leave Ziva – (I mean Cote..)
    The whole cast is great, and I don’t want to see anyone leave…
    Also, no more cliff-hangers over the summer, please (ala Ducky on the beach…)
    Love this show! It’s the best show on television!

21. Susan Freire says:

This just happens to be my show..I could and have spent an entire day watching all the show…Even though, I’ve seen most all of them. I would really be upsetif they don’t call Cote back..To me she helps make the show what it is..I’d never be afraid to go anywhere knowing she had my back..PLEASE don’t write her off……it would ruin the show for me….

22. Tom says:

Given the drek that usually replaces good long-running shows, I’ll take another season of NCIS. But the show has more grey hairs than Mark Harmon, so I hope they can continue to come up with interesting scripts without getting too silly. As for Cote de Pablo, I hope they sign her, but the show could survive without her. I can see her sharing an overpass with Dan Stephens if she decides to bail from the show.

23. vicki says:

The show is showing it’s age. I’m not a fan of the character Ziva has become so I wish Cote luck and hope she tries something else in her career. I’d like to see the show get back to it’s roots that would include a more mysterious Gibbs, a smart and clever Tony, a smart and more grown-up Abby. No more Daddy issues!

• Jules says:

You know? You’re right. And 20 mil people a week seem to agree with you.

• kasey says:

I so agree with you. I am so tired of Baby!Abby, its almost painful to watch her character especially in the latest episode which hit a new low for her. I miss quirky but super-capable & professional Abby from the early seasons. As for Ziva, her character lost all credibility & possibility for me when she shoved a loaded gun into Tony’s chest in an emotional snit.

• Karen The Sand Dancer says:

I agree. Tony was smarter in season 1 and there seemed to be a bit of a rapport with Kate and McGee until Kate suddenly turned into superbitch towards the end of season 1 and that continued until she was killed off.

Now there seems to be too much infighting between characters with Tony always appearing to come off worst. Isn’t it time the writers started to realise that abbey is a middle aged woman with a brain by now and started to let her grow up. Yes, you can be quirky and individualistic – but still a grown up!

Personally, Tony and Gibbs work well as a double act, and sometimes McGee and Tony work well, but the writers always have to make the characters try to score points off each other for no reason.

At least give them a long term romance. It gets boring when the only sort of relationship is between the team. All it takes is the odd remark or phone call, the characters don’t have to appear on screen.

• Alisa Neely says:

thank you for saying that….it seems to me; as if when ziva came on….TPTB decided to turn tony into a HUGE joke….sure, he’d snoop into his co-workers things and such….but, you still had an idea of WHY gibbs wanted him at ncis and on HIS TEAM….i HATED, what tim and ziva did during that 1 eppy; where they turned OFF their coms. when they were getting voice prints….simply because they were TIRED of hearing tony’s voice….they LEFT him with NO BACKUP….they thought it was a JOKE….wonder if they’d been laughing, if tony had been INJURED , rather then just losing his voice?

alisa

24. Elsi says:

yay!! is awesome!!…please Cote stay in NCIS, pleeeeaseeeeee

• Chloe says:

Agree!!!

• taliesin says:

It’s going to come down to money. Harmon’s salary increase, alone, is more then Cote makes per episode: she makes $120,000 per. CBS will need to decide if all the shippers watching are worth spending some extra money on Cote, but she’s the lowest paid of the primary 4: Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, and Tim.

• JA says:

Why would CBS need to consider Tiva shippers when deciding something like this? Ziva’s character has so much more dimension and significance than just her “friendship” with Tony. I don’t think they’d spend so many years and so many plot lines on a character (and) actress they aren’t willing to negotiate for. If NCIS is the moneymaker it seems to be, there’s no reason why they can’t give her a raise for her excellent performances (especially recently) and long time on the show.

• taliesin says:

As was seen with Kate, any interesting female can be put into the show without much difficulty. but the fans are very invested into the Tiva relationship. Losing that relationship at this point would be damaging to the show. Shippers support a lot of TV programming.
          As for the rest of your statement, I don’t disagree with you, but the CBS execs might not see Ziva as being that important; or Cote might demand too much more. It’s Hollywood. Anything can happen there. :)

• Stacey says:

I would think it would be a hard time to replace Ziva now with a new female. In Season 10. Kate left at the end of Season 2. Very different. Too many people are attached to Ziva after seven seasons. You can’t just put a new blonde, or some other female in the role and expect to have the same success….

• Tory says:

Plenty more people who don’t splash their opinions online will be really, really happy if Tiva crap was dropped and the Ziva character were to become even slightly more believable. Instead she’s ruining the show, the fan base, and all of the characters around her.

• anna says:

Snort – the last thing CBS needs to consider is keeping that small band of shippers happy. Playing to one group is what kills shows period.

CBS needs to look at what it pays the rest of the cast & keep cdp in proportion to them if they choose to re-sign her at all. They also need to remember the true core 4 – MH, MW, PP & DMc.

• srsly says:

Amen to that! The Ziva fans are the same polarizing sliver of the fandom which has attacked spouses and children of cast members, eviscerated any cast members who disagreed with their demands, disrupted filming on the set, eliminated the possibility of any more fanfests, do everything in their power to silence any dissenting opinions, regularly engage in bullying behavior, and have made this fandom miserable by their entitled presence.
          What is this core eight crap? Threatened by the existence of the Core 4, perhaps? Even the cast and crew refers to them as that and this is the foundation the show was built upon.
          Ziva has passed her expiration date long ago. There is nothing more they can do with this character after all the baggage they repeatedly require us to forget. Let Brennan have his little wet dream if he wants her, I don’t care. She’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.

25. Katie says:

Well if Cote doesn’t sign I won’t be watching. I think this is an entourage and once it starts breaking up it’S basically a step down. That’s tv folks.

• Donna says:

Hi Katie – I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. :) I don’t know why the writer of this article eve entitled it as “with a catch” – it’s purposely misleading to say that. There IS no catch; it’s contract renewal time for Harmon & DePablo – end of story! They are apparently on the same time frame, just like Mike W., Sean M. & Pauley P. are on the same “contract time frame”. That is ALL. I agree with whomeve just said this show is aging. It’s in the Winter of its life on Television, so I highly, highly doubt that any major character would feel like leaving now – the show is almost over! They might as well sign for one more season & call it day!!

• Donna says:

Hi Katie – I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. :) I’m not sure why this article was even entitled it as “with a catch” – it’s purposely misleading to say that. There IS no catch; it’s contract renewal time for Harmon & DePablo – end of story! They are apparently on the same time frame, just like Mike W., Sean M. & Pauley P. are on the same “contract time frame”. That is ALL. I agree with whomeve just said this show is aging. It’s in the Winter of its life on Television, so I highly, highly doubt that any major character would feel like leaving now – the show is almost over! They might as well sign for one more season & call it day!!

26. Cindy says:

Ziva’s my favorite. Shiva was the absolute best ever. I think for once NCIS was finally mentioned for their acting and not their goofy humor that never gains them awards. Mark Harmon and Cote are two wonderful actors. I probably would watch once and awhile. Hey everybody moves on up. I think it might be time for Cote to move on as much as I hate it. I would like to see her do other things. She is so good.

27. John says:

Well no Ziva no Ncis. She is the third star of the show as evidenced in the opening credits. Can we please get rid of Vance and spread the money out.

• Sheila says:

You wouldn’t miss Vance and his patented “stare at someone from 10 feet away”? His awesome ability to…do that thing…no, you’re kinda right.

The director should be like Charlie Brown’s teacher: just an off-screen voice.

28. Tania says:

Lets have a JAG reunion on NCIS….have Mac’s daughter/sister thing have joined the navy and has gone missing, and have NCIS find her. Have Mac and Harm sitting in the conference room pacing!

• Pat Hatt says:

That’s the only thing I ever really hated about the show, how they completely ignored JAG. Be awesome to have a reunion, finally.

29. Gaara says:

YAY for Mark and s11 ! I’m not worried about Cote’ s contract, TPTB and all the actors know very well that they hit gold with the current cast :) Two years ago Cote renewed her contract right before the season finale, so it’s a little too soon to worry about it.

30. gatorgal says:

I’ve loved Mark Harmon since St. Elsewhere. They couldn’t officially renew the show until he signed, but I get the impression from the various stories I’ve read that he only EXTENDED his current contract by one year. I really hope Cote signs and see a cliffhanger with involved with Shabbat Shalom. I am one who would like to see Tony and Ziva get together, but I can also understand Cote wanting to get back to her musical roots. Here’s hoping…

31. Jules says:

I agree that the show would suffer without Cote. I loved Kate but I love Ziva more. And if Cote staying means we get Tony and Ziva or we don’t get Tony and Ziva, then great. Because like Michael, Sean and Pauley, she is just as much of an asset and contributor to the success of this show as anyone else. And I would hate to see her go.

32. tw111 says:

I wish they’d bring back EJ Barrett…Sarah Jane Morris was great in that role, especially in Tony-EJ interactions.

• Maxine says:

Dream on …

• Meredith says:

lol Maxine don’t worry…..anyone who thinks people want “EJ” back IS dreaming!!! The Audience HATED that character, and voted OVERWHELMINGLY that she needed toTHAT hit the road!!! Any woman who is THAT selfish that she’d be willing to leave her “man” lying injured – on the GROUND – without even checking to see if he’s alright could not POSSIBLY deserve to have any kind of relationship with Tony DiNozzo!!! Same goes for any bratty, demanding woman who would WILLINGLY accuse someone they “love” of cold-blooded MURDER. I am so GLAD that BOTH EJ & ” Whiny Tadpole” are off the show – GOOD RIDDANCE!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

• vicki says:

I agree – I liked Tony and Ej. I also liked Tony with Jeanne. I liked Gibbs with Hollis Mann but not many others did. Relationships with people outside the workplace where they make a few appearances but don’t take over the show.

• Hate to burst your bubble but ummm….the fans overwhelmingly did not want EJ back as evidenced to a poll that the NCIS website posted a couple years ago. Which is why when she came back in ‘Housekeeping’, it was to wrap things up with her….and why would Tony want someone who left him for dead in ‘Nature of the Beast’ anyway and didn’t take the time to find out if Tony was alive or not. Just pointing out the facts is all. :-)

• Alisa Neely says:

just as WHY would tony want someone who would SHOVE him while injured to the ground, and SHOVE a LOADED GUN into his chest, and pretty MUCH say she wouldn’t mind KILLING him, if given an ORDER to do so?….and that’s just what ZIVA did to tony…..and whatever “apologizes” she’s given has truely fallen FLAT….because, i DON’T believe she meant 1 word of it….i think, she simply did so….because gibbs and abby and maybe even ducky, TOLD her she should.and IMO, she STILL BLAMED TONY.

• kasey says:

Absolutely agree with you here. Ziva’s character lost all credibility & possibility for me when she shoved a loaded gun into Tony’s chest in an emotional snit over her dead spy boyfriend who tried to kill tony.

• srsly says:

It is beyond me why CBS brought her back after that debacle. To pair them now after everything she has done to Tony despite his being decent to her is to condone domestic abuse. Who would ever think this is a good idea? They should have cut bait back then. Since then all she has done is lie to the team and treat Tony like crap with anvils of moon-eyed wonder. Get a clue, CBS! Abuse is not entertaining. Love needs to start with respect.

• anna says:

LOLOL….I find it so amazingly funny that a certain small group of tiva shippers really think that their ‘votes’ on the old CBS forum had anything to do with how the show’s scripts/storylines played out.

• srsly says:

I believe you’re referring to the tivanistas who were so threatened by EJ’s presence they spammed the actress and NCIS with hateful slurs even after she and Tony split up. I liked EJ both before and after she and Tony broke up. They were compatible and happy together. For a Tony fan, that’s all anyone should want. Of course, a lot of Ztiva fans are Tony haters. The only part of EJ I didn’t like is when the writers twisted her into a Ztiva cheerleader, since the audience needs to be told in the most obvious anvils possible that they should be together because they have no chemistry.
        I find it really amusing how EJ running for her life after she and Tony were shot is described as horrible by this one-song little faction and Ziva choosing to knock him to the ground, shove a gun into his chest and wish him dead is a sign of true love. Ziva didn’t stop there, either. She still treats him like crap. He should have left her in Somalia.

• Alisa Neely says:

not only did she knock him to ground, while injured, shove a loaded gun in his chest and WISH him DEAD….she had the DAMN nerve, to ask gibbs to PICK between them….and actually THOUGHT, he would pick HER of ALL people…..and that was AFTER keeping IMPORTANT information from him, to due to rivkin….and what was happening in LA…and they already had LOST an NCIS agent to RIVKIN.

• srsly says:

Look at all of the things she has done to him since he SAVED HER LIFE. What an ungrateful harpy. As if the events of the last 4 episodes of season six and admission she had lied to them all and committed espionage against the United States for 4 years weren’t bad enough, not having Tony’s back in Dead Air sealed the deal for me. She was barely back on the team and decides to pull back up from him with McGee because his voice bothered her? He was looking for terrorists, ffs! I can’t stand seeing her on the screen. Quite honestly, I ff through her or turn the channel. Let her play Mossad Barbie on Brennan’s new show.

• Alisa Neely says:

i hear ya there….and it REALLY upset me, that mcgee went along with the plan….tim has worked with tony far too long, to show that lack of respect……sure, tony can drive people crazy….but, that doesn’t give those 2 fools the RIGHT to leave tony without backup….had he been HURT and called for HELP….he would NOT have gotten it, unless he called GIBBS….in the field; tony is the COMMANDING OFFICER/ BOSS….tony would NEVER leave them without backup, the way they did him….and BOTH should have been written up for what they did….and i would BET, that even TODAY; gibbs has NO idea what they did……tim throwing his MIT and JOHN HOPKINS degrees in tony’s face and thinking he should have been SFA, is a JOKE….same with ziva….i felt the same way about KATE….thinking, she deserved the SFA job…..simply because, she’s protected the president…..needless to say; i was NOT sad to see kate go.

alisa

• Jerry says:

What’s so funny about all of these posts is that you act like Ziva made these choices. The writers write these stories in, they write the lines for the actors to say, Cote is just playing a character named Ziva, and she is acting the way they want her to and saying the lines they wrote for her.

33. TVDIVA says:

I loved Kate, but when Ziva joined the team the stories took more emotional and dramatic turns. I love the show and I am sure Cote is just going through the same negotiation process all the stars go through. If she is smart, she will sign.

• Svenja says:

This. And she is negotiating which means she doesn’t just say “ok that’s it”. She will get a proper deal. You just have to be tough and go through lengthly negotiations to get the best deal that’s possible for yourself. MW, PP and SM signed their deal only a few days before returing to the set to shoot S10 which means they went through a long process as well. Also their lawyers and managers know what they are doing. CBS even convinced Jason Segel to stay for one more season though he really wanted to stop doing HIMYM. It’s normal.

34. Polly says:

People, here’s a very important grammar lesson for today: ‘resign’ and ‘re-sign’ mean different things. In this case, they mean the *opposite* of each other. If you like Ziva, you want her to re-sign. If you don’t like her, you want her to resign.
    My vote is for re-sign.

35. Ebay4Ever says:

If Cote leaves the show will stop watching NCIS …simple ;) and it was Shiva the Ziva episode most watched 25 million the whole series high :)

36. Larc says:

Cote isn’t going anywhere. They will make her an offer she can’t refuse.

• jdeasselin says:

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT – The show would not be the same without Cote. An amazing Actor – she brought life to NCIS – if she were to go – the show would not be the same and I would not be surprised if it lost a heck of a lot of viewers. Plus she is the most beautiful woman onTV.

37. I’m not surprised at all that NCIS was renewed for another season. Congrats to the entire cast and crew. :) Plus I definitely look for Cote to sign a new contract. The ratings were amazing for the Ziva centric two parter. No way CBS is going to let her go. The cast will stay together till the very end. :)

38. Lilly says:

Cote de Pablo is amazing in “Shiva”.

39. maggie says:

I started watching NCIS when Ms. de Pablo arrived. I would stop if she left. I hope she signs soon. After the amazing ratings AND positive comments about her acting in Shabbat Shalom and Shiva, CBS would be crazy to let her go.

• taliesin says:

We should keep in mind that she might not want to come back. It’s not just CBS’ decision. Cote’s first love is music and dance – she’d be happier doing something like Glee or Smash. After 8 years she might decide enough is enough.But she does seem to enjoy the show and working with the existing cast. You never know, though.

• J. Rogers. says:

Cote would be retarded to give up third billing on the No. 1 show in America to do theatre. She has plenty of time to pursue a career there is she wants to after the show ends, because every good theatre role is for a 30′s+ actress anyway, and getting roles anywhere is gonna be tough for her because once NCIS is over, she’s going to be back in the “ethnic role” slush pile.

The only reasons she might have to turn down CBS would be either if she wanted to have children and a family away from the spotlight for a while (like Sasha Alexander asked for in Season 2) or if she’s somehow a complete trainwreck off the show and doesn’t do her dealings sober.

• Evelyn says:

I bet Sasha kicks herself in the bum every day when she thinks about the gold mine she left behind.

• Stacey says:

Nah. Sasha left because she found NCIS TOO much work. Too stressful, too action pact. She’s married to money. Sophia Loren’s son. So she doesn’t need the money!

• Alisa Neely says:

sasha left to have a family….and has been doing a show on TNT and playing an ME….i have to say, the 1st season of that show; i kept seeing and hearing “kate todd”….not so much in the recent seasons though.

• Andrea says:

While that may or may not be true, the economic reality of her leaving would be very unwise. She should be thinking not only of now but also of 2-3 years after NCIS ends. The show is so well known that the “identification” effect is likely to kick in. All of the actors are so recognizable as their NCIS characters that it will likely take some time for everyone to get a new gig because producers will not want viewers to “see” Abby, Tony, Ziva…etc. on a new series.

Mark and David are about the only cast members who are likely financially comfortable enough where they could never work again if they didn’t want to do so. Everyone else is too young to make that statement. I dislike Ziva, but I recognize that Cote will likely re-sign another deal. I’ve also read in more than one source that Mark has reminded everyone on more than one occasion that shows like NCIS are the exception, not the rule. The cast seems to listen when he talks, so I hope they’re stashing away their nickels and dimes for the post-NCIS era.

• taliesin says:

Cote makes $120k per episode. That’s $2.8 million per year, and she has been working for 8 years. I’m going to assume she’s managed to save a few million in that time. Needing to work really isn’t her major issue. $5 million saved earning 5% makes you $250,000 a year for the rest of your life. Maybe not enough to live like a queen, but 5 times the US average. I think she’d do OK on that. :)

• Evelyn says:

She also strikes me as a person who doesn’t flaunt her celebrity status and income. I think she lives rather conservatively so she probably has bundles of dinero to support herself. Hopefully money isn’t an issue.

40. Zorkel567 says:

I’m so happy to see this is renewed early on, one of my favorites. Now for NCIS: Los Angles Season 5… And an NCIS: Red pickup…

I’m guessing Cote will re-sign, but if by sme slim chance that she doesn’t, I’ll just take it in stride. Sasha Alexander left at the end of Season 2, and this show has continued onwards. Jenny Shepard, can’t remember the actress’s name, left after season 5, and it still is fine. If she leaves, they can replace her, and the show will go on.

Though I am still guessing Rocky Carrol may not return for Season 11, after having not signed a two year contract like the rest of thecas, and then having Vance’s wife die, I am guessing that Vance will end up resigning and that the newly introduced Deputy Director will take over.

• taliesin says:

Greg Germann just signed to do a show on NBC, so we won’t be seeing much of the Deputy Director once whatever’s already been filmed is done.

• Polly says:

I would be sad to see Vance go, but the story arc they’ve set up for him this season (and really, it started last season in Enemies Foreign/Enemies Domestic) could end quite naturally with him departing.
      That being said, this show does like to kill off people instead of just letting them resign and move to Florida. If he’s going to go it would probably be with a bang, but why do that when you’ve gone to the effort of setting up a natural departure? Hmm…

• Zorkel567 says:

I’m guessing if Vance leaves, it will be resigining, just because I doubt the producer would leave Vance’s kids without any parents at all.

• Georg says:

The first Director got moved over to Homeland or the Pentagon when Lauren Holly joined the show as Director Jenny Shepard. So it was the only time we actually saw him, but still.

41. Linda says:

Deadline is reporting that Cote is likely to sign.

42. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

While NCIS has seen better days it’s still a great and very entertaining show. The only one I could do without is Abby. Her behavior is becoming more and more unsettling the older she gets. I mean she’s what, in her mid-40′s? Pigtails and being all “YIPPIEEEEE” seems a bit off to me at this point. The cutesy factor has worn off quite a few seasons ago.

I’m sure I’m in the minority with this opinion though – and it’s not like I hate Abby, I just feel she’s a bit much :-)

• taliesin says:

Kirsten Vangsness is about the same age and just as quirky on Criminal Minds as Pauley is on NCIS. One quirky character attracts the quirky fans – just like Tiva attracts the shippers. You need a little something for everyone – and it seems to be working for them as NCIS is the most watched program on TV. :)

• Jason says:

Yep! Something is very wrong when a person in her mid 40 acting like a baby.

• Sheila says:

She does seem to be regressing. Remember how cool and together Abby was the first season? What happened to that girl?

• anna says:

Shane Brennan happened to the character in the same way he happened to most of them. From that point on, too many of the writers can’t seem to break the habit of writing Daddy Gibbs, idiot Tony, super hero ziva, forgot he’s a *field* agent Tim & Baby Abby

• Alisa Neely says:

i don’t mind the “daddy gibbs” at times….because for some of those who work around him, their fathers are either dead, or are a complete JOKE….i.e. lilke daddy dinozzo.

however, i AM sick of the whip lash of tony’s character…..there’s a time for jokes and MOST times, it’s NOT needed….and i’m tired tony NOT being shown as the WORK SMARTER/NOT HARDER and WHY gibbs has KEPT him on his team all these years…..and made him his SFA….as well as the LACK OF RESPECT shown to him, by everyone on “team gibbs”.

• Polly says:

I agree that the character needs to show some growth. I found her much more grown up and well adjusted in the first few seasons. Granted, everyone was still working out their characters back then, but it’s irritating to see her regress to essentially the pre-teen character they showed us in last week’s episode. Actually, her pre-teen self showed more self reliance and independence than adult Abby has in a while. As a viewer, that’s frustrating.
      I don’t have a problem with her being quirky or with the pigtails or the dolls. But she can keep all that and still show that she’s matured, and not require Gibbs’ constant reassurance that she’s loved and that she’s smart and that everything’s going to be okay. For me, that’s keeping her from being the great role model for girls that she should be.

• Nat says:

Polly, you make great points, but one thing I’d have to say in “Abby’s defense”, if you don’t mind: It’s not fair to her, to try & suggest that she should be a role model for ANY young lady. She is most certainly NOT. I do like the fact that she is brilliant & has a fascinating career – that’s wonderful. But there is no way on Earth that I would EVER urge any young person to model themselves after a character known for her skulls & crossbones, voodoo dolls, tarot cards & a coffin as a bed. Now…that may appeal to a tiny few…but it’s NOT something that I would ever, ever promote in general to young girls. If it works “just for Abby” – then good for her. She can certainly keep it just for her, too!

• Polly says:

Fair point, Nat. I guess I was coming at the role model thing more from the perspective of getting girls interested in pursuing careers in science, math, IT, etc. Or even encouraging them not to give up their existing interest in those areas simply because they’re not traditionally female fields.
          As for her clothes and interests in things off-centre, again, it’s part of a wider idea that it’s okay to be interested in whatever you’re interested in (as long as it’s legal;)) Be who *you* want to be, not who other people think you should be.
          And you’re right that it’s not fair for her to carry the role model flag. But given that there are so few good role models on TV for girls, it would be nice to see Abby, who relies on her brains and owns who she is and what she wants, become a little less reliant on Daddy to get her through the day.

• Nat says:

Kasper, I have to agree. She’s a good, loveable character for sure (she’s the one tagged as having the most heart on Team Gibbs), and I like Abby, but….there is something “off” about her now. I think she has finally – shall we say – “Outgrown” her character? Abby no longer successfully pulls off the cute, overgrown teen look with those short skirts & piggie tails. I think it’s because she is showing her age, now (isn’t PP in her 40′s?). She just looks OLD, to me. :( A blogger on another site mentioned how the possibilty of a romantic relationship with McGee is not even palpable anymore, because he has outclassed her – sorry to say. I have to agree. As a viewer, too much “Abby” on the screen makes me lose interest – Hit & Run for me bearable because the Young Abby (Great performance by that young lady!!) helped to break up the monotony. As other fans pointed out: the fact that a cracked windshield flashback from childhood – which had nothing to do with the current case – would cause her to spiral SO severely, resulting in temporary depression & playing hookey from her JOB in favor of Bingo with the Elderly??? UGH; the storyline was horrible; I felt bad for Abby. That character is becoming more & more typecast. PP is such a great actress on the show of course, but I think her career after NCIS (which is a bit long-in-the-tooth already) could easily be jeopardized when it finally does end.

43. Christine says:

Love NCIS…I am so thrilled there is an 11th season…I worry every year. I truely hope Ziva doesn’t leave the group. They all just fit! FIngers crossed for season 12!

44. Rach says:

Why are there so many Cote/Ziva haters? Cote is a fantastic actress and has said multiple times how much she loves her job and her coworkers, so hopefully she’ll extend her contract!

• Gaara says:

Don’t let them fool you, they’re not “many”.. merely a very vocal minority that just can’t accept how much Cote is loved by us fans, her co-stars and the producers. If you ask them, they’d probably tell you it’s because of a giant media-fueled conspiracy or something like that LOL

• Polly says:

I’ve wondered that myself. There are always different characters on different shows that some people love but that others just don’t connect with, and that’s fine. It’s personal preference, and we all look for different things in characters to keep us engaged/entertained. But the vitriol aimed at Ziva/Cote (not necessarily in this post, but in general) baffles me. I can understand that she isn’t everyone’s favorite character and that she’d rub some people the wrong way, but I just don’t get the blinding *hate* for her. Is it because she isn’t white? Is it because these fans don’t want anyone touching “their” Tony? Is it because they’re uncomfortable with women who don’t back down? Is it because they’re stuck on this ridiculous idea of Kate versus Ziva? Is it because they don’t trust a woman with a widow’s peak? What is it???

• Jenny says:

Because a lot ( not all ) of Ziva/Cote haters are Gibbs/Tony shippers.

• Polly says:

Oooohhhh. Okay. Now it’s starting to click.
          But that’s just disturbing. Not the slash aspect, but because of the father/son relationship.

• Steph says:

People also ship Gibbs and Abby as a romantic couple, despite the show’s VERY explicitly only ever pushing them in a father/daughter direction and that entire idea being incredibly wrong in my mind.

• Polly says:

@Steph, I know. And that truly disturbs me. Fine, they’re not related. But it’s still incredibly wrong and gross.

• srsly says:

They used to flirt more before Daddy Gibbs became the writer’s default. It’s not my ship but I can see where they are coming from. If fewer people spent all of their time passing judgement on harmless pairings and showed a little respect, this fandom would be a happier place. One ship’s existence does not affect any other ship. Subtext is so much more fun than one disruptive canon pairing based on abuse and disrespect. This fandom would be even happier if all of the homophobes would realize how it reflects on themselves every time they spew their hate.

• Alisa Neely says:

AMEN, to that……NOT everyone, is going to like the same pairings…..when tptb started FORCING the TIVA crap, things got weird….people don’t seem to SEE anything WRONG, with ziva cornering tony in the MEN’S room…but, you can BET; if tony did that to ANY woman….you’d NEVER hear the end of it…..ziva ALWAYS turns things around and BLAMES tony for things….when it’s ZIVA truely in the WRONG.

i’m 1 of those fans, who has NO problem with “on-screen” romances….HOWEVER, the pairing HAS to be RIGHT….and TIVA is sooooooo FAR FROM being RIGHT, it’s not even funny….they DUMB down tony, to BOOST ziva’s character…..for a pairing to WORK, they have to be EQUAL….and TIVA is no way EQUAL….there has to be RESPECT AND TRUST….and i can’t in NO WAY, see how tony could EVER trust her….and she does NOT respect him…..the sparks that used to be there for TIBBS ( tony and gibbs); has been saddly missing for awhile…..if i CAN’T have my TIBBS in a romantic way…..i’ll gladdly TAKE “daddy jethro” being there for tony…..who NEEDS a good father figure…..gibbs at least to a point; RESPECTS tony….and is there, when he needs someone.

alisa

• anna says:

LOLOLOL….nice to try to shove them all into a single category. Try again.

• srsly says:

Try to justify it however you want, it doesn’t change anything. Ziva is not disliked for any reason other than because her character is the worst type of Mary Sue possible and is intolerable in nearly any scene she appears. She spied on the US for four years while lying to the team, she assaulted Tony while he was injured, she is a pompous, entitled, snotty cartoon character who only cares about herself and is about as loyal as an alley cat in heat. Fans dislike her because she is a shrill harpy, not because they feel at all threatened by her presence. Learn one thing: any slash shippers I know don’t care about tiva at all aside from shutting off the show if it were ever to become canon due to the abuse issues, Ziva earns hate on her own merits. There are plenty of reasons to find her intolerable. The show would be so much stronger if she was not on it to disrupt the story lines and chemistry among the remainder of the cast. Let Cote follow her bliss to try new things.

• Andrea says:

” I can understand that she isn’t everyone’s favorite character and that she’d rub some people the wrong way…”

Polly, I’m addressing this to you because you asked nicely. I personally think that Ziva’s a very entitled character. When she’s not acting entitled (like putting up a stink when she was called “probie” even though Franks called Gibbs probie for years, as did Tony with Tim), then I’m being manipulated into feeling sorry for her because something has (yet again) befallen Ziva so that she’s like the perils of Pauline…poor, poor Ziva. I’m over that, as I am with Tony and Ziva. I have no issue with them being friends, but I don’t think they have this “deep” connection that is any different from how the entire team operates. In truth, if I were to put Ziva with anyone, it’d have been Roy, the guy who died from uranium poisoning years ago.

Unlike yourself, I’ve encountered many people online who react like OMGGGGG! How can ANYONE hate Ziva, like it is so out of the realm of possibility that people can’t comprehend it. Well, I do dislike Ziva, for reasons I’ve already described, but the fact is that viewpoint has not been widely tolerated in my experience. That doesn’t mean that I ship Gibbs/Tony (Ewww) or that I hate Cote de Pablo. She seems like a lovely person who just happens to play a character that I don’t like.

So as a “hater,” as defined by some here, that’s my explanation, and it would genuinely be nice if people could understand that it’s just an issue of preference and opinion and leave it at that. I liked Franks, and I’ve read lots of comments from people that disliked him. I’m also a big fan of the Shannon/Kelly mythology, but I understand that it has gotten tiresome for many. It is “different strokes” for different folks, but that answer doesn’t seem to play well when the subject is Ziva.

• anna says:

The disgust with the character started to grow in S6 & has continued to grow. There’s a small vocal band of her supporters/worshippers who would like people to believe that it’s less than 20 but I think they do that because they’re scared to admit that the character (& the actress) are starting to annoy more & more fans

45. JDHetherington says:

I have to wonder could the potential Season 11 be the final season? There seems to be no mention of a multi year deal to Mark Harmon’s new contract….. :/ Concerned….

46. Jerri says:

“Person of Interest” and NCIS are my top 2 favorites.

Cote – NCIS can’t live without you!

47. Cassie says:

Can I just say that I’m a little shocked to learn Cote only makes 120,000 per episode? She’s got a LOT of screentime and plenty of plotlines for her Ziva, and even regardless of whatever your personal opinion of the “Tiva” pairing is, it’s one of the biggest draws of the show for its’ most important demographic, the 18-24 viewers.

Even if you think Ziva’s not the best character on the show, I’ve been watching it for all 10 years and IMO, Kate fit well with the team, but Ziva as a character fits better with the vibe of the show, and I love the sort of spy/action movie theatricality that having her around brings to it. The show just wouldn’t be the same NCIS that I’m thinking a majority of those 21+ million viewers know without her.

So if renegotiating her contract means she’s caught on the money issue, I sure hope she demands more pay and a big fat bonus from syndication on top of it. She deserves it, and for that matter, if Mark Harmon is now making 700,000 per show, why are Micheal and Pauley not in talks for raises as well? The amount of promotion they do for the show deserves something, too!

• taliesin says:

Michael and Pauley signed new 2-year contracts just before Season 10 – and I assume they received their raises then. Mark’s and Cote’s contracts expire at the end of Season 10. Mark just signed a new multi-year deal. I’m sure Cote’s agents are in negotiations right now; but it probably won’t be signed until close to Season 11.

48. Jing Rom says:

Don’t ruin my valentine’s day by take Ziva out -__-

With the plot in the end of season like…
    Episode 16-21 Finally >///< Tiva
    But yes they break the rule #12
    and Ziva realize that everyone in her life has to die.
    So in the end of this season she'll make a decision to leave by tell no one but Gibbs.

• taliesin says:

There will never be a Tiva relationship unless Cote, Mike, or Mark leave the show. Gibbs would never allow Tony and Ziva to break Rule 12. Remember how angry Gibbs was at Tony for dating EJ; and she wasn’t even on their team? Having Tony and Ziva dating would change the entire dynamic between Gibbs and Tony and Gibbs and Ziva – and not in a happy way, IMO.

• Gaara says:

Rule 51 – sometimes you’re wrong

• M. says:

Uh,I don’t think so. If even the fans noticed the chemistry between Tony and Ziva, I am 100% sure Gibbs did. You guys keep forgetting that Gibbs is a highly trained investigator and he probably knows exactly whats going on, and he doesn’t seem to have that much of a problem with it. In Shiva, he told Ziva to stay at Tony’s. If it had been any other team member, he would’ve offered his own place. I don’t think he’s going to be thrilled about it if they do get together, but he’s not going to stand in their way. Besides, there’s always Rule 51.

• Tory says:

Gibbs, in his fatherly role to Tony, truly wants the best for his “son.” And most people, except for the small but terribly vocal minority ( hey, if they can say it about us, then we can say it about them….and no, I’m not a slasher!), recognize that Tony can do better than a self-important, disloyal, abusive little minx like Ziva.

49. l2u9 says:

Cote de Pablo/Ziva David is the main reason I watch NCIS. No doubt I wouldn’t watch it if she wasn’t in it. Simple as that, let season 10-11 be of TIVA

50. Alisa Neely says:

i’m glad that the show has been RENEWED and that mark has decided to stay on….but, i can DO WITHOUT ZIVA/Cote……i’ve NEVER liked the character from the start simply of HOW she seemed FORCED onto the team…..and tony CAN do 100% BETTER then ziva for a LOVER….she ACCUSED him of MURDER and then pushing him while injured to the GROUND and shoved her LOADED gun into his CHEST overly happily…..she LIED to gibbs….she does NOT respect tony as her SFA…..as for jenny shepard: she was a SELFISH witch, who didn’t care about her agents….just what SHE WANTED….and i HATED jeanne and hollis….and also wasn’t crazy about KATE….she thought she was BETTER then tony, simply because she’d protected the president.

alisa neely

• M. Beatie says:

Hey! it’s TV! It’s great acting! It’s ENTERTAINMENT! They can’t all be characters everybody likes. There have to be protagonists…that’s what makes for good story development! It’s ok you hate Kate…but isn’t she part of why you love to watch NCIS???

• M. Beatie says:

Whoops. Meant to say Ziva, not Kate.

• Alisa Neely says:

NO, i watch for TONY AND GIBBS, DUCKY, PALMER and yes, ABBY….but, NOT ziva or tim…..i’ve NEVER liked ZIVA….and i would have liked for her NOT to have RETURNED after the team had been broken up.

• Tony says:

Love my Zeeva! :)

Rest assure she’ll be back.

• alice says:

I Love NCIS I have watched it with out Kate and Ziva but they all add to the movie I love Tim I love Tony I love Palmer I love Ducky I love Abby I love the director and I love Gibbs they all add to the movie but I don’t think it would be the same without any of them.

• Jerri says:

Alisa, sweetie, you do realise you will never be with Gibbs or Tony and it’s pointless to hate fictional characters, right?

• Lyn Bockmiller says:

Jenny and Kate both left because they wanted to spend more time with there family thr live on the east coast and the filming season is very long andthe filming days are sometimes 16 hours and Ziva is a great actress remember they do what the writers want them to do and they do agood job or NCIS would not be #1 on TV.!!!