Exclusive

Exclusive: Ellen Muth to Visit NBC's Hannibal

ellen muthA grim reaper is on her way to see Hannibal.

Ellen Muth, who played soul escort George on Dead Like Me, will guest-star in an episode of the forthcoming NBC drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Muth’s new character is named Georgia, a nod to her role on Dead Like Me, the Showtime series created by Hannibal writer and executive producer Bryan Fuller.

RELATED | NBC Execs Talk Revolution Hiatus, Plan for ‘Unique’ Hannibal, The Voice Concerns and More

The upcoming serial killer drama, a contemporary take on the characters from Thomas Harris’ Red Dragon novel, focuses on the fledgling relationship between FBI agent Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Lecter, his mentor.

Muth is the latest Fuller alum to feast at Hannibal‘s table: Wonderfalls Caroline Dhavernas and Chelan Simmons and Pushing Daisies’ Molly Shannon, Raul Esparza and Ellen Greene are already on board; so are The X-Files’ Gillian Anderson, Firefly‘s Gina Torres, The Matrix‘s Laurence Fishburne, Veep‘s Anna Chlumsky and Aliens‘ Lance Henriksen.

RELATED | Is Pushing Daisies Bound for Broadway?

Hannibal doesn’t yet have a premiere date, but network president Robert Greenblatt recently said it might debut by the end of the season or sometime this summer.

Muth’s resume also includes Law & OrderLaw & Order: SVU and the film Dolores Claiborne.

1. Patrick Maloney says:

Did you forget about Eddie Izzard?

2. Nerdbot says:

The past Bryan Fuller’s stars in the same show? It’s going to be LEGEN… (wait for it) DARY!!! I’m a huge fan of his work and I was pissed off when Pushing Daisies was canceled some years ago. So, it’d be great if we could see Lee Pace or any other actor/actress from any show Fuller created guest starring in Hannibal.

3. Babybop says:

Eeeee! I miss Dead Like Me…

4. Lauren says:

Hell yes! I love her, and the cast they are assembling sounds amazing.

5. Gina Torres is also a Fuller alum. She played Emerson Cod’s dog-trainer girlfriend on “Pushing Daisies.”

6. Brian says:

They need to make a new DLM series on Netflix. It’s worked for Arrested Development.

7. Midori says:

Have you watched the DLM movie? If that did well they would have looked into bringing the show back. Thankfully that didn’t happen because the movie was horrible.

Now NBC just need to air this show and not burn it off in the summer.

8. Steven says:

I miss DLM so much! One of my favorite shows. Bryan Fuller is a genius.

9. lydiakj says:

Until there’s a premiere date I’m going to go on believing we are all being Catfished by someone pretending to put together this dream cast and Hannibal does not actually exist.

10. Eric says:

This news made my day. I’m a huge fan of DLM (and Fuller in general), so I’m always happy to see Ellen Muth on my TV again.

11. Mitholas says:

Wait… They want to air this in the summer? Does that mean the don’t see it as having enough potential to broadcast it during the normal season? That doesn’t sound too good.

• Alan says:

summer seasons have become a big thing in the last decade or so, lots of shows have aired during the summer and been successful, its not the kiss of death it once was.

12. Dan says:

BRING BACK DLM!!!!
    I never buy dvds of tv shows. I bought DLM after seeing 15 mins on broadcast tv!

13. 언론에서 너무 앞서 가는 느낌이다. ㅠ,ㅠ