Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Vampire Diaries, Scandal, Bones, New Girl and More!

NATHAN FILLION, STANA KATICWhy is Castle convinced he’s gonna croak? What’s next for New Girl‘s new romance? What will make Scandal go “Boom”? What guy has Bones on edge? For whom will Vampire Caroline risk her life? Get answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Scandal | It’s seldom that I get to tout something as being dynamite, and yet this is — because, well, it’s about the Feb. 21 episode, “Boom Goes the Dynamite.” What does that provocative phrase possibly refer to? As with many of the sophomore drama’s titles, “It’s a line of dialogue, from Harrison [Columbus Short],” Shonda Rhimes explains. “It refers to one of the cases they are working on. But it also [refers] to things blowing up for our characters in ways that are unexpected.” (Sorry ’bout that, Lindsay Dwyer. Too soon?)

RELATED | Scandal Time Jump Coming! Plus, Shonda Rhimes Teases Scott Foley’s Secret Role

Castle | Glee will meet Aiyeeee! when Romy Rosemont (aka Finn’s mom Romy_Rosemonton Fox’s musical comedy, right) guest-stars in Episode 17 as Nurse Lockhart, a syrupy sweet caretaker at a mental asylum. What brings the ABC series to such a hospital? Well, when a young woman appears to have literally been scared to death after watching a “haunted” DVD, Kate and Rick delve into one of their creepiest cases yet. In fact, this particular mystery finds Castle fearing his own date with the Reaper, after he accidentally watches the “cursed” video!

PHOTOS | Castle‘s Beckett Is Hot… for Vengeance!

New Girl | What’s the saying – “Be careful what you wish for”? Because though Nick and Jess properly locked lips in this week’s episode, many obstacles will litter their path to pursuing anything more. One such hurdle, in fact, will come in the form of Shane, a comely coworker of Nick’s at the bar (and also the boss’ daughter). Though Nick’s new gung-ho attitude at work will further stoke Jess’ interest in her roomie, that fire will be tempered some when she catches sight of his flirty, feisty colleague.

White Collar | Now that Peter has lost his boss to skeevy Senator Pratt’s machinations, it’s decision time for the stand-up G-man. “The best thing Peter can do for Neal and for ‘truth and justice’ is to take that gray area that Neal is so fond of pulling him into and really embrace it,” says series boss Jeff Eastin. To that end, Peter puts the following choice before Diana and Jones: “Do you want to risk your careers and come with me, or do you stay on the other side? For Diana, it’s a pretty simple thing — she’s going to stick with Peter,” Eastin previews. “But for Jones it’s a little more complicated. He can sneak off with Peter on the weekends, but he’s a loyal follower on the FBI side during the week.”

And now, diving into the Inside Line reader mailbag….

Could I get some scoop on The Vampire Diaries‘ Caroline Forbes? Possibly about Klaroline or Steroline? –Amy
Amy, I found you something behind Curtain A. Or, more accurately, show boss Julie Plec did. “Caroline will find herself stuck in the middle of the terrible tensions between Klaus and Tyler,” Plec says in response to your query, “leading her to put her own life on the line to try to resolve their issue.”

RELATED | Vampire Diaries‘ Ian Somerhalder on Elena’s Sire Bond, Damon’s Angst About the Cure

Did you get any more interesting Booth and Brennan teases/spoilers at the Fox TCA party? –Elena
You could say this one Bones tease will have B&B in a… lather. “In one of the upcoming episodes, a body is found in soap! A big thing of soap,” Emily Deschanel shared. “The body decomposes and the fat, combined with other things, becomes soap.” Oh, and here’s the latest scoop on a new guy who will ‘rouse Brennan’s interests… in a way. New squintern Oliver Wells (played by Brian Klugman) arrives on the scene just a few credits shy of obtaining his fifth degree, and as such, “He actually makes Brennan nervous — he’s that smart,” Tamara Taylor told me. “And I think he’ll be around for a while, because he’s very fun.”

PHOTOS | Bones Sneak Peek: Brennan’s Near-Death Experience Brings Her Closer to Her Mother

Since NCIS has been exploring Tony’s childhood and his relationship with his father, is there any shot we might meet any of Tony’s numerous step-mothers in the near future? – Burke
“I don’t have anything like that planned for the moment,” showrunner Gary Glasberg answers. “But that’s a good question. That might be fun. Maybe we’ll save that for Season 11!” (Look at him getting all assumptive-y about renewal. See what 22 million viewers will do to a guy?)

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. l says:

castle meets the ring?

2. MCO says:

Castle’s “The Ring” episode seems like good fun. However, aren’t they already “cursed” Castle back in season 2 ?

• Alan says:

that was mostly a practical joke by the guys, this sounds more like they will explore the psychological effects of being “cursed”, in castle’s usual irreverent way.

3. Mel says:

Thanks for the NCIS and Castle spoilers. I was so excited to finally see a spoiler involving Tony,but disappointed once again by Glasburg having no spoilers for his character, in what’s been a very Tony-lite season.

4. k. says:

I’m so excited for New Girl. Even if they don’t (and they won’t) get together soon, the fact that Nick and Jess’ tension has been acknowledged is pretty great. I mean WHAT A KISS!

• zaza says:

I felt that one of Nick’s obstacles is his lack of ambition, so I’m happy to hear that he’s becoming more gung-ho at work. I think it will be really fun to watch both Nick and Jess working through their personal issues.

5. Olivia says:

That is NOT a nice Brennan picture.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

She’s about to be shot — cut her some slack.

• Olivia says:

Sorry. It’s just that Bones is so boring now I haven’t been watching, so no idea she was about to be shot.

• Mar says:

Then how would you know it’s boring if you haven’t been watching…

• Olivia says:

That’s why I haven’t been watching. Because it’s boring. And I read the recaps. It’s boring. Seriously, watch a season 2 or 3 Ep. and then tell me.

• BonesForever says:

If you’re going to diss a show you aren’t WATCHING, we can’t take your critique seriously. Recaps don’t SHOW the story. This season has been awesome, though the bonus episodes were a bit rocky. Shows how much you know! I’ll take you a little more seriously when you watch the episodes. In the meantime, take a hike, Olivia!

• Alan says:

blaaaargh!!! opinions i dont like hurt my eyes.
            seriously get a grip, people are allowed to have opinions that dont match yours. the way you reacted sounds like someone ran over your dog. people are entitled to opinions and its a valid one that its been boring because i definitely feel that way too, hence why i dont watch anymore

• M. says:

I actually stopped watching Bones for the same reason after that terrible S7, but my friends conviced me to give it another try and I am very glad I agreed,after a good few years of nothing, things are finally getting interesting.

• dee123 says:

Yes. She looks like a ventriloquist doll.

6. Mena says:

Bones is adding another male squintern? Aside from Daisy, all the squinterns are men. I wish Bones would bring on more female squinterns.

• Nichole says:

I think they actually use mostly male squinterns to keep things balanced because Hodgins is the only steady male in the lab at this point.

• Kath says:

But to balance that, they’ve got Sweets. Three male regulars (Booth, Sweets, and Hodgins) and three female (Bones, Angela and Cam). And then all those male interns. The only female intern they’ve ever had was Daisy. Do only men think of Bones as a role model?

Still I like the idea of an intern whose intellect intimidates Bones. Her ego is often hard to take.

• I want to see more female FBI become involved with Squints: Lance has had brushes with beautiful and confident FBI, but those women were never developed.

7. ABC says:

That was some kiss in New Girl.

8. Marcha says:

Another squintern, well, ok, I guess, the revolving door is losing its appeal. Please decide on one and incorporate him into the story. Neva thought I would say this, but Zach was more interesting and a fun foil for Booth.

9. Patrick Maloney says:

After reading the Vampire Diaries scoop, I get the feeling that Caroline might be the next one getting killed off

10. MrJeff2000 says:

Sigh. If only I watched any of these shows.

11. a says:

Let’s see, Castle.
    1. A Mombatross episode. OMG, let that story die!
    2. A “Valentine’s ep where surely Marlowe will do everything in his power to keep any real relationship movement from happening with the couple….just as he did with this season Ep1, the Hamptons, the Christmas episode…
    And then
    3. Alexis is kidnapped — in TWO parts…OMG! Proof that they’re completely out of ideas.

*****Haaaruuuuumph — Ker-splash!**** That is the sound of Castle jumping the shark. I would say the first show of LAST season was when it happened. But I stayed on. I hoped. But it’s just getting worse and worse.

I am so sad. But I am sooooo getting over this show. Somebody in TV-dom, invent another rom-com light “crime” show so I have something to watch. And if you bring the couple together? Do it in a way that is satisfying and makes some sense.

Please?

• Alan says:

and im sure you are one of the people who complained incessantly about season 4 right? all these complaints are ridiculous and appear to be coming from people who just like to complain.
      1. im really tired of the criticisms for the mother storyline, its as if this show is the only one to have a long running storyline the way people go on. this is THE story for the show and will not end before the last episode of the show so no amount of complaining and whining will do anything to change that.
      2. im fine with how the relationship is being portrayed, i dont want to see them all over each other all the time, its not who they are as individuals and quite frankly i would rather watch some character development than some pointless relationship nothing.
      3. honestly the family member in danger thing should really have happened sooner, it allows castle to show his protective side, something we dont get to see enough

12. Sandra Slack says:

I love this show I have no complaints. I have all 4 seasons &:can’t wait to get season 5. I’m looking forward to the start of season 6 and what the writers will come up with next they’re doing a great job and the stars couldn’t be any better the chemistry between them all is fantastic. I hope the show never ends it’s so good to have a show that has romance mystery & good clean fun!

13. Kath says:

The Castle episode sounds good. But I wouldn’t mind seeing some downtime with Castle and Beckett now that they’re a couple. There’s more to life than solving murders all day.

The last two seasons were so Tony-heavy on NCIS, I’m glad some of the other characters are getting some attention at last. It’s not like Tony’s been neglected — the Christmas episode showed up Tony’s apartment for the first time, followed by another look at it in Shiva. We haven’t seen McGee’s or Abby’s apartments since season 4, or Ducky’s or Ziva’s new places at all.

14. agate cameo says:

I believe everything typed was actually very logical. However, consider this, what if you were to create a killer title? I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your website, but what if you added something that makes people want more? I mean %BLOG_TITLE% is kinda boring. You should look at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create article headlines to get viewers to open the links. You might add a related video or a picture or two to get readers interested about everything’ve got to say. Just my opinion, it could make your website a little bit more interesting.|

15. Wonderful article! That is the kind of information that should be shared around the net. Shame on Google for now not positioning this post upper! Come on over and consult with my website . Thanks =)%7

16. げよびさ says:

Great Stuff, do you currently have a youtube account?