Roseanne Barr is coming to The Office to help make Andy’s wildest dreams come true.
TVLine has confirmed that the comedienne will guest-star in an upcoming episode of the departing NBC comedy as Carla, a big-time talent agent who offers to help an increasingly aloof (and currently MIA) Andy break into showbiz. (The Associated Press first reported the news.)
Production on Barr’s installment begins this week.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Fresh off of CBS’ ill-fated Partners, Michael Urie has nabbed a guest spot on Hot in Cleveland, airing this July. Per EW.com, the Ugly Betty alum will play an in-demand wedding planner whose work catches Victoria’s eye.
• TNT’s Dallas ran into a case of the winter blahs on Monday night, as its Season 2 premiere drew a series-low 3 million total viewers, down sharply from both its summertime series launch (6.9 million) and its freshman finale (4.3 mil). Amongst the coveted 18-49 demo, Dallas returned to just over a million viewers, down 27 percent from its Season 1 average.
• Elsewhere in Ratingsland, USA Network’s WWE Monday Night Raw this week grappled with its best demo numbers since July 23, 2012 — including a total audience of 5 million viewers.
• Star Wars vet Mark Hamill will play a co-worker of Star Trek‘s George Takei in an upcoming episode of The Neighbors, per TVGuide.com.
• In today’s “Why?!” news: MTV has given the green light to Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life, a new docu-series that follows the recording artist.
• ABC has opted to air Canadian import Motive this summer. The drama centers on why a crime was committed, rather than who committed it. The cast includes Kristin Lehman (The Killing), Louis Ferreira (SGU Stargate Universe), Lauren Holly (NCIS) and Roger Cross (24).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?