TVLine Items: Roseanne Drops By The Office, Dallas Returns to a Series Low and More

The Office Season 9 SpoilersRoseanne Barr is coming to The Office to help make Andy’s wildest dreams come true.

TVLine has confirmed that the comedienne will guest-star in an upcoming episode of the departing NBC comedy as Carla, a big-time talent agent who offers to help an increasingly aloof (and currently MIA) Andy break into showbiz. (The Associated Press first reported the news.)

RELATED | The Office: Who’s Coming Back? Who’s Fired? Plus: The Cast Fondly Looks Back at 9 Seasons

Production on Barr’s installment begins this week.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Fresh off of CBS’ ill-fated Partners, Michael Urie has nabbed a guest spot on Hot in Cleveland, airing this July. Per EW.com, the Ugly Betty alum will play an in-demand wedding planner whose work catches Victoria’s eye.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Get the Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers — and Who’s In Them!

• TNT’s Dallas ran into a case of the winter blahs on Monday night, as its Season 2 premiere drew a series-low 3 million total viewers, down sharply from both its summertime series launch (6.9 million) and its freshman finale (4.3 mil). Amongst the coveted 18-49 demo, Dallas returned to just over a million viewers, down 27 percent from its Season 1 average.

• Elsewhere in Ratingsland, USA Network’s WWE Monday Night Raw this week grappled with its best demo numbers since July 23, 2012 — including a total audience of 5 million viewers.

• Star Wars vet Mark Hamill will play a co-worker of Star Trek‘s George Takei in an upcoming episode of The Neighbors, per TVGuide.com.

• In today’s “Why?!” news: MTV has given the green light to Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life, a new docu-series that follows the recording artist.

• ABC has opted to air Canadian import Motive this summer. The drama centers on why a crime was committed, rather than who committed it. The cast includes Kristin Lehman (The Killing), Louis Ferreira (SGU Stargate Universe), Lauren Holly (NCIS) and Roger Cross (24).

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Not liking the Dallas ratings but there’s so much on on a Monday night it’s a toss-up what to record and what to watch live.

• Elyse says:

Monday and Tuesdays are my heaviest night TV wise. so many good shows! unfortunately i do have to DVR Dallas. it was different in the Summer when not much else was on. i love Dallas!!! just a lot of competition.

• Melissa says:

They should have left Dallas as a summer show. I have too many other things to watch during the regular season.

2. Shaun says:

Dallas is dead without JR,just cancel it already.

3. dan says:

I knew Dallas was coming back during the winter season, but I was surprised that they’d start it at the end of January with a two-hour episode. I wasn’t sure that I’d stick with it this season thinking that the summer episodes were just a guilty pleasure when nothing else was on. I have to say that I thought Monday night’s two episodes were great. The production values, directing and storylines are better than last summer’s episodes. Even the acting seemed less “campy.” I was pleasantly surprised and more interested than I expected to be.

4. Scott says:

Dallas has an awesome cast and the premiere was fantastic!! Suggestions to fix the ratings problem: Move back to Wed, future seasons make summer only, bring back Victoria Principal or recast Pam: as a regular character, and bring on Donna Mills as Abby Ewing as the new villain!

5. Beanergirl says:

It seems surprising that TNT would kick-off Dallas – a huge Summer hit making a risky move to mid-season in the midst of tragic circumstances – with so little publicity. Over the Summer, I felt like Dallas promotion was everywhere. Seems a waste, especially since the first two episodes were pretty awesome.

6. Mila says:

Really worried about Dallas.

I think Monday’s are too cluttered with other shows (well, at least for me it is).

7. wrstlgirl says:

Ditto with most everyone here. Monday nights are bursting with shows to watch and forcing viewers to decide what to keep and what to let go of. I for one will be DVR’g Dallas during repeats on Saturday mornings. Hopefully TNT will continue to air them then or late in the evenings. I suggest moving it back to Wednesday or even Tuesday for that matter.

8. tp says:

I had to come here and say that the Sheriff is coming back to OUAT. Can’t wait. TV Line hasn’t posted it yet.

• Emma says:

It’s only for one episode, they’re doing 1983 Storybrooke. And you Graham-obsessed people are the reason I had hoped he would never come back

• tp says:

I’m not Graham obsessed. I am happy to know he’s coming back. I will happy to see August back too. Stop generalizing. I haven’t been in every thread saying I wish he would come back. No need to be rude.

9. nick1372 says:

I don’t care about Dallas, but now Monday Mornings will have a bad lead-in.

10. Laquisha says:

YAY! I love Roseanne.

11. Dave says:

There are way too many shows on Mondays. And that new show premiering after Dallas? Please, we don’t need another boring medical show. Just cancel that already please.

12. TMW says:

Dare I suggest a split season of Dallas, with the episodes following JR’s murder being aired in the summer with all future seasons aired in the summer? 10 episodes each season seems right for it.

• wrstlgirl says:

Wish they would have left it during the summer myself. Maybe if the ratings continue like this they will at least move it away from Mondays. I’d settle for that.

13. Dizzle says:

The only thing surprising about MTV picking up a reality show following Ke$ha is that it’s taken them this long!

14. Thilia says:

Dallas should have stayed a summer series.With it and Haven on during the regular season. The both are sitting on my DVR waiting for my free time.

• Linda says:

I agree with all the above. I’ve got three shows all on at 9 on Mondays. I didn’t watch Dallas on Monday but will watch repeats this Saturday. Thilia – you must find some free time to watch Haven!! Really good this season!!

15. Tran says:

Happy to see WWE Monday Night Raw continue its ratings dominance for USA Network. Also happy for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as the new WWE Champion. IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE RATINGS ARE COOKIN’

16. Paula says:

Where are all of the tvline items on Girls’ abysmal ratings? A show that recently had 2 Golden Globes bought for it failing to make the top 100 cable shows for the nights it aired in the two weeks since said awards seems kinda newsworthy to me.

17. Dave says:

Seriously no idea what TNT was thinking bringing a summer hit like Dallas back in the middle of winter with a full primetime schedule …

18. paul says:

Move Dallas back to Wednesday night. Too much to watch on Mondays. Getting Donna Mills would be a stroke of genius.