Exclusive: Keri Russell on Re-Teaming With J.J. Abrams on Star Wars: 'I'm Waiting For My Call'

Keri Russell J.J. Abrams Star WarsShould J.J. Abrams decide that it would be, ahem, felicitous to reunite with one of his former TV colleagues for Star Wars: VII well, he has Keri Russell’s number. “I’m waiting for my call,” she deadpans.

All kidding aside, talking with TVLine only hours before the premiere of her new FX drama, The Americans (tonight, 10/9c), the actress says she’s game to play “anyone he lets me play. I would do anything for J.J. I would do crafts services if he asked!”

PHOTOS | 10 Reasons You Shoulda Seen the J.J.Abrams/Star Wars News Coming (Including Evidence From Felicity, Alias and Lost)!

Something tells us that the Golden Globe winner won’t be making sandwiches for Ewoks, though. For starters, she and her former Felicity boss remain good friends. And he cast her in his first big-budget feature as a director, Mission: Impossible III. (For that matter, he loves to reuse actors he likes. See also: Greg Grunberg, Amanda Foreman… )

On top of all that, the moment it was announced that Abrams would helm SWVII, TVLine unofficially started a campaign to get Russell a part. (And, c’mon, we all know how powerful TVLine is, especially when it’s unofficially started a campaign!)

PHOTOS | 20 Actors We Want Back on TV Immediately

Anyway, for more from this interview, look for a special edition of TVLine’s weekly web series Spoiler Alert! on Thursday, in which Russell elaborates on which man in her life is really pulling for her to be in Star Wars, reflects on her Felicity days and lightly spoils Episodes 2 and 3 of The Americans.

1. Joel says:

Ausiello, stop pushing this! Push John Noble as a Jedi!

2. Roger says:

She’s perfect. She’s attractive, she can ACT, and she looks like Carrie Fisher. What that means J.J. is that YOU’VE FOHND JAINA SOLO!

• Shaun says:

she’d be a bit old for Jaina.Maybe could play Leia if her face was aged a bit.

• ben says:

Please lets not go assuming (or trying to push for) an episode vii which is simply a rerun of books that have already been published.

• Jane says:

She cannot act…Every character she portrays reminds me of the previous…I am not sure what people find so wonderful about her. I say NO!! PLEASE NOT HER…I am also not buying her as a spy in her new series…

3. Miffy says:

Ugh. We don’t need Ask Ausiello trying to use what little influence he has to try to gay up Star Wars.

4. Alia says:

Armie Hammer should be Han Solo!!!!!! (if there is Han Solo).

5. Eliza says:

Who can Scott Speedman play? ;)

6. Jason says:

Keri Russell, whether you dolts realize it or not, is one of the most gifted actresses in Hollywood. And if you think otherwise, you’ve never watched Felicity. Those of us fortunate and smart enough to watch all four seasons of the legendary WB hit share the same love and devotion for Keri that Ausiello does. She’s just an amazing actress and person.

• Eliza says:

Felicity was the first show I was officially obsessed with. She did an amazing job with that character. My love for Keri (and Scott Speedman & Scott Foley) is infinite! Excited for The Americans.

7. KK says:

Michael you better post this video……. like yesterday!! I miss me some Keri Russell!! Can’t wait for The Americans!

8. henninggirl says:

Can he rehire Jennifer Garner for something already?

9. Tony says:

after J.J. gets of the phone with her, he calls and casts Rachel Nichols in some part, right?

10. Skyfan says:

Wonder what Keri looks like with fire-red hair? Hmm….

11. Swfan says:

Mara Jade!

12. Roger says:

Ooo.she definitely could pull off Mara Jade depending on what era they are in.

13. Roger says:

Maybe Rachel Nichols could be Mara Jade. First time watching her in Continuum and loving her performances.

14. Fernanda says:

JJ actors that I want to see in Star Wars… Jennifer Garner, Yuyin Kim, Michael Emerson already has Yoda Eyes, Elizabeth Mitchell as a queen from another planet or ambassador, Terry O’Quinn as a new sith lord.

15. Commander Shepard says:

Jennifer Garner for Mara Jade! Please make this happen!

16. Ryan says:

I could see Keri in Star Wars, and Michael did get Emily Van Camp in Brothers and Sisters. If you have any doubt listen to the audio commentary on the DVD. actually Keri is a decent star but Jennifer Garner is more famous. I’d rather have somebody who isn’t as big a ‘name’ in the new film. For example, some people knew who Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman were, but in 1999 if you hadn’t see Trainspotting or The Professional, you may not have. To many people, Keri may be ‘that chick who dies in Mission III’. I’ve only seen a handful of Felicity episodes, but I’ve seen her in other films, so I’m still a fan.