Jamie Dornan to Revisit Once Upon a Time!

gal_JamieDornanOnce Upon a Time is welcoming back a face from the past.

Jamie Dornan, who played the Sheriff/Huntsman, is headed back to Storybrooke, ABC confirms.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: David Grapples With Hook, While Mary Margaret Wields a Bow!

Dornan’s non-fairytale character Sheriff Graham was killed off in Season 1, but the Huntsman (as the show’s creators have repeatedly reminded us) could still appear in flashbacks. However, the actor recently was spotted on set wearing his Storybrooke clothes.

Dornan last appeared as the Huntsman and was instrumental in helping Charming escape from imprisonment in the Evil Queen’s castle.

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Babybop says:

I think it would be dumb if he was suddenly resurrected, so let’s hope this is a flashback.

• Mary says:

It’s a flashback.

• opus says:

Why would it be dumb for the sheriff to be resurrected now that Storybrooke has magic? It seems to me the writers could come up with some “logical” magical way to revive him.

• melliemd says:

Because a huge point they have hammered home all season is that magic CANNOT resurrect the dead. So he should stay dead, Opus.

• kavyn says:

But they do have Dr. Whale. Don’t get me wrong though, I think the Huntsman should stay dead, however the writers have been emphasizing Dr. Whale a bit this season and it’s possible he could bring someone back to life in Storybrooke.

• Kyle says:

Dr. Whale DID already bring someone back to life in Storybrooke and we all remember how that went down, right? ;) It’s not happening. Dead is dead. If anything, Dr. Whale’s experiments and how terribly wrong they go every single time he tries to bring someone back emphasize this point.

• McAwesome Custard says:

In regards to Dr. Whale, has anyone noticed the difference in beahaviors in his “monsters”? Daniel was a lot more brutal and terrifying than his brother. Why is this significant? Because I believe that the reason for this is the heart used in the procedure. Remember, he did ask who the first heart belonged to. I think thats important because if the heart belongs to someone evil then that may rub off on the person coming back. This may be a good thing because if The Sheriff is back in storybrooke, maybe they used a good heart on him which will make him normal.
            That’s pretty logical…..but then again its my own opinion.

• Delirious says:

I’ll copypaste what mr Ausiello said in his latest AA (jan 29th): “Producers are casting a role enigmatically known as The Healer. He’s described as being an Asian male in his late 50s or 60s, a powerful and revered figure known for helping folks in terrible trouble. As you might expect from this mystical type of character, he’s known to fancy a flowery turn of phrase, and doleth out cryptic descriptions does he. (See what I did there?) Deep down, though, The Healer is deeply moral, he knows right from wrong and understands that his great powers come with great responsibilities. Now we’ll just have to see if one of those responsibilities will be helping Mulan revive the cursed Phillip when this healer pops up in Episode 18.” – could he have forgotten the “magic can’t revive people” when he mentioned the chance of Philip getting revived by the Healer?

• Ace says:

But Phillip isn’t DEAD dead; he’s just cursed. They mentioned once that, theoretically, his soul is still alive inside the wraith (or something like that). Graham is actually dead. Regina crushed his heart.

• Sam Haincat says:

ITA with you, its a magic show, I would love for Graham to come back one way or another I’m happy he’s going to be on – for however long. Happy to see him.

• Logan says:

I’m pretty sure it will be a flashback… The Showrunners Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz have stated that he is dead, and not returning from the dead. I heard there may be flashbacks to Storybrooke before Emma, this season. So, we’ll see.

2. Ritch says:

HOLLY CK MODEL!!!

You made my day with this!!

3. Gaia says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! This news so made my day!!!!!

4. Amy says:

I haven’t watched the last two episodes of OUAT. The eps are on my DVR, but I can’t drum up any enthusiasm to watch them. But this? This news makes me very excited, and I guarantee I’ll be watching with bated breath to see when he shows up. It was a crime to kill off the sheriff so early in the storytelling. I’m a happy girl!

• Autumn says:

I’m with you. I think I’m 3 or 4 episodes behind. I think I just stopped caring. Honestly, the one character I loved is the Huntsman, so I will tune back in when he comes back. It will probably be just a flashback unfortunately but it would smarter for them to bring him back for real. A total waste to kill their best character right away.

• mia says:

That’s too bad that he was your favourite character; and a shame that you’ve not been able to connect with any of the other truly wonderful characters on the show

• Autumn says:

Yeah, I wished I loved the other characters more because this type of show should be one of my favorite things ever based on the content. Sometimes they can be interesting to me (like Emma at times or Rumplestiltskin although I don’t love him as the beast), particularly when the bad dialogue doesn’t distract too much from the story. I did like Mad Hatter a lot but he is hardly on and I thought they wasted the character when they had him this season.

• Kyle says:

Their best character? Well to each their own, I guess, but I’m not sure how you can call a character who was in a handful of episodes and had next to no personality because he was created with the intention to kill him off their best character.

• Autumn says:

I thought he was more developed in seven episodes then some characters have been in two seasons. Sometimes the other characters just feel too cliche IMO. I thought he had plenty of personality and depth, the best thing the show had going for it but I understand not everyone will feel that way. I ‘liked’ some of the other characters but I loved Graham. I connected to his character. His story drew me in.

• Katherine215 says:

Agree completely! You saw a believable struggle in his character, which I don’t feel that we see all the time with the other characters. He’s the only male character that has made Emma likable for me.

5. Alice says:

Sheriff costume, Hunstman costume, he could be dressed as the white rabbit and I’d be happy. But I secretly yearn for a return of Hipster Sheriff and his adorable accent.

6. Cynthia says:

OMG! I’m so happy!

7. Leslie says:

Rumor has it they are doing a flashback to the first day in Storybrooke in 1983.

8. thunter86 says:

Cool! So we’re going to get a flashback to Pre-Emma/Henry Storybrooke!

9. shiran says:

Yessss!! I love him!! :D

10. taran63 says:

I’m sure he’s still dead, but even with him wearing Storybrooke clothes, the way this show is structured leaves many possibilities.

Just of the top of my head, there is shapeshifter (such as Cora), a ghost, or a hallucination.

At some point I would like it if someone mentioned that Regina killed Sheriff Graham. The people keep mentioning all this evil stuff she did as the Evil Queen, and Henry, Emma, and Regina herself have mentioned that she is trying to change. But I’d like it if someone realized that just a couple of months ago in TV time she brutally killed the Sheriff in cold blood.

• Leticia says:

Agreed. It’s funny how everyone just forgot about it. It really upsets me.

• Kelly says:

yes they never mention what she did to graham and that stinks.

• Cindy says:

Knowing the writers and their love of the Evil Queen, i guess they want to redeemn & rectify her murdering once again with a tearjerking Twu luv story, hehe. Let me guess she killed him because she truly loved Graham the moment they arrived in storybrooke *nods

• Gail says:

Isn’t still true that no one knows that Regina Sheriff Graham? The only one who could feel bad about it is Regina. Perhaps she does or maybe Cora finds out and uses it against Regina, threatening to tell Henry. Maybe Dr Frankenstein resurrects him. He has to be successful sometime.

11. MariaSanchez says:

What I don’t get is why he appeared in the season 1 finale and then he is gone…I mean, make up your mind writers…is he dead or alive???

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’s simple, actually: Graham is dead, the Huntsman is “alive” in flashbacks. And if you “bring Graham back to life” with one potion or another, ALL THE STAKES ARE GONE.

• Autumn says:

I never understood this since this show ‘mostly’ deals with fairy tales. Why does Graham have to be the only one to show that there are stakes? I personally think the writers could have been way more creative with their choices in consideration of the Huntsman. They didn’t need to tell us that anyone could die at any time. It is not like this show is Lost (though they think they are much to their detriment IMO) or something like The Vampire Diaries with supernatural evil creatures running around. This is a show where someone can come back to life with a kiss so why not something magical for Graham? Still, I KNOW they won’t do it just so they can prove how serious they are with their absurd “stakes.” I mean, really. Even Regina’s boyfriend came back thanks to Frankenstein’s scientific experiments. LOL. For me, Graham is my second Doyle for those who know what I’m talking about.

• He showed up in the finale in a flashback. Sheriff Graham in present day Storybrooke is dead. The Huntsman was who showed up in the finale to help Charming. That photo is more than likely Storybrooke past.
      The creators made up their mind. Graham is dead.

• ej says:

The show’s creators said way back when (September?) that this season would feature pre-Henry/Emma Storybrooke flashbacks. Perhaps the flashback will answer how Henry arrived in Storybrooke.

• Kelly says:

They killed him to say the stakes are high but it felt just like a Lost copy. A gimmick to raise the ratings. I hated the deaths on Lost and for a show about hope killing off Graham really stunk and if they really wanted the death to stick they shouldn’t play with the viewers by saying things like what greater obstacle to overcome than death.

12. Shiran says:

It could be a flashback to the days before Emma got to storybrooke, and THAT’S why he’s in his Storybrooke clothes!!

13. Luke says:

Hope he is Bay

• Templar says:

Yuck! If Regina ends up being Rumpel’s daughter [the kiss between Rumpel and Cora implies the possibility] that would mean incest in Storybrooke. No, just no.

14. Billy says:

My guess is that it’s a flashback to when the characters first get to storybrooke…we really haven’t seen or heard much about those 28 years a lot can happen during that time that might need to be revisited…

15. William says:

One of the biggest mistakes I felt OUAT made first season was killing one of the heroic male characters off permanently. The show is overburdened with heroines but yet it has only one heroic male in Prince Charming. So I’m glad to see the huntsman but sad to only know it will be through the fairytale world. To be honest, I am disappointed with the way the producers depict the fairytale world -they should had filmed it differently or make it seem fantastical. The show loses it’s magic every time they visit that world

• TQ says:

I think Graham was an extremely dull character. Can’t say I’m sorry he’s gone when it means some of the characters who actually have a personality and depth, no matter if they’re female or male, get more time on screen.

• Emily says:

Agreed! i never got all the love for Graham. He was good-looking but that was about it, the episode where he died was sad but then everyone moved on

• Autumn says:

I guess we are all into different things which is probably why I’m not into the show like I used to be. Personally, them all moving on without a second glance back just proved once again how pointless his death was to begin with from a creative standpoint. It was contrived just so Emma could become Sheriff. That is all. I think that Graham was their most interesting character: A man seeking redemption but his heart being in the Queen’s hands was interesting. The huntsman falling for Snow White’s daughter. That is interesting. But I guess I’m more into that than the “I will always find you” or something like Neal and Emma.

• Kelly says:

I liked Graham as a character. I never got why the writers always decided to mention his hotness when they talk of him but then again the writers try to talk up Hook and all I see is a dull character whose hot. So I guess everyone has different tastes in characters and hotness.

• Brenna says:

Graham was written as someone with his heart taken who didn’t feel anything. The last episode he was in was one of the best where he began to come alive and the bond with Emma causing his memories to return. The unfortunate thing is that his character could have been great because there were so many unanswered questions. In fairytale land, who was he really? How did he end up being raised by wolves? There were so many stories that could have been told. And it would have been great to see Graham as sheriff with his memories as the Huntsman. I am with all of those who think his death was a complete waste and I am extremely happy that he will be back, for whatever reasons.

16. Daniel says:

This news just made my day. I miss Jamie on OUAT.

17. Mike says:

There have been talk in te past of a flashback of storybrooke pre-Emma, odds are this could be why he returns.

• Kelly says:

agree. we will probably see the first day of the curse and at some point if not this episode they have to explain how henry ended up in storybrooke to me that can’t be just an accident/random

• Gail says:

It was Rumple who got Henry for Regina. Since he remembered his fairy life, was no big surprise.
      I would be more interested in the story of how and why Henry started believing that the characters in the book Mary Margaret gave him were actually the people in the town. Also since he had presumably never left Storybrooke before, as no else in the town could leave, how did he find Emma? Also did Regina always know Henry was Snow White’s grandson. Was getting Henry part of her revenge only she fell in love with him as her son? Lots of back story left for Storybrooke.

• Templar says:

It had to be obvious to Henry that he kept outgrowing his classmates. He was the only one in town who was aging. Ashley had been expecting his whole life. He must have asked Regina about his father and was told he was adopted. He found Emma through internet searches, just as Kathryn applied to school in Boston on the net. He boosted MM’s credit card to pay for the internet search. The characters in his book resemble their Storybrooke counterparts and because he’s a loner his imagination took over.

• Gail says:

How would MM get a credit card if she never existed and there was no magic in Storybrooke, to make it happen. How would stores in Storybrooke be able to accept credit cards when they didn’t exist as far as the outside world was concerned. How did mail get into and out of Storybrooke if no one from the outside ever visited. If no one ever visited and no one in Storybrooke could leave, how did Henry get to Storybrooke as an infant. He wasn’t sent Fed Ex. Did August bring him? If he did, why did no one know August when he came to town in Season 1.

• Templar says:

People from outside Storybrooke can come and go. Only those under the curse were bound to the town. Of course things [mail, trade goods etc.] came in all the time, but, no outsider was ever tempted to stay. Henry took a commercial bus to Boston to find Emma. He could leave because he wasn’t under the curse. Some details are yet to be explained, i.e. the adoption.

• Gail says:

Henry said in Season 1 that no outsiders visited Stoybrooke. Its not that they couldn’t. Its just that they didn’t. That is why everyone wondered who August was when he first arrived since he was the first stranger in town. Of course he turned out not to be. In the last episode, when the stranger he ran over Hook came to the town the townspeople were worried because whatever kept outsiders away wasn’t working anymore.and now that magic was back, they were afraid they would become a tourist attraction. Why is it assumed magic is only in Storybrooke? Since no one has left it yet how do they know. I guess we will see for sure on the road with Emma and Rumple.

• Templar says:

Tradespeople are not “visitors”. A bus [Trailways/Greyhound whatever] or mail truck would go unremarked because they have business there. August was not a tradesman and he rented a room. Big difference.

• Gail says:

How did Granny run a boarding house for 28 years with no guests until Emma and August. Now she only has Belle, who probably has no money to pay.

• Templar says:

Perhaps Dr. Letch [Whale] took some of his dates [MM]there. There must be other lovers in town.

• Here’s the thing about Rumple’s memories of FTL, they didn’t return until Emma came to town and he heard her name. They did a lousy job making this known, but Eddy and Adam mentioned it in a podcast in Sept. They also acknowledge they didn’t do the best job letting people know that tidbit of info…

So that makes Henry coming to Storybrooke more interesting…

I’m no longer convinced that tradespeople came and went from Storybrooke. I suspect Kathryn’s letter was a fake to get her to leave town and be kidnapped at the town line. I do wish they’d put it one way or the other. Actually address whether anyone came and went.

18. Emily says:

It’s been leaked that they’re doing a flashback to pre-Emma Storybrooke. Which I am super excited about because that’s an episode that’s been on the top of my wishlist since the pilot. I can’t wait to see how Regina (because she was the only one with intact memories) adjusted to modern life and how everyone was before Emma/Hnery arrived. Although a flashback seeing how Regina got Henry/his life before Emma would be interesting. Maybe next season

19. Kelly says:

I am glad he is back. Loved both Graham and Huntsman. The connections to Snow and Charming were great. It was a shame they never got to play with those connections to the charmings and Emma. Glad to see him in flashbacks in storybrooke or FTL(still wonder if he and Belle might at the queen’s prisons) and look forward to seeing what Snow used his whistle for.

20. AT says:

I’ve been thinking about quitting watching the show. It’s been getting too frustrating and boring to me. Not to mention I feel like the show has been becoming less and less influenced by actual literature. I’m about 3 episodes behind at this point. But if I do stop, I’ll definitely tune back in for the Huntsman episode, even though its a flashback. I thought he was the best character.

21. Thejesscen says:

I know they brought Daniel back to life in the first Frankenstein episode, but Daniel didn’t want to be alive again and the purpose was so Regina could move on from him and eventually forgive Snow. But why bother with ANOTHER Frankenstein episode if they’re not planning on bringing SOMEONE back to life?

• Kelly says:

I hope they start delving into Snow/MM and Regina’s relationship in the present day. I think that was one of the most interesting things in season one and their relationship has been non existant this season.

• Gail says:

Did Mary Margaret and Regina have any relationship when the curse was on. Regina liked that Mary was a lonely unloved spinster prior to David awakening. Mary Margaret knew Regina didn’t like her but not why. I don’t think that had much interaction as long as Mary stayed the same as she was when the curse started. In fact that is what Regina wanted for everyone. Everyone was frozen intime even though they moved and had lives, no one grew until Emma came to town.

• Kyle says:

They gave Frankenstein another episode because it was his and his family’s backstory episode. The first Frankenstein was more about Regina than about him.
      It’s not a matter of not wanting to live. Daniel, like Frankenstein’s brother, wasn’t really ‘alive’. They were suffering more than they were actually living again. They were in tremendous pain because bringing someone back from the dead is wrong and while their bodies may function again to some degree they weren’t really themselves. The part of them that was truly Daniel and truly Gerhardt was gone. And this is was Frankenstein can’t bring back and it’s why his experiments will always fail.
      I’m sure if they hadn’t been in so much pain Daniel and Gerhardt both would have chosen life over wanting to be put out of their misery.
      If anything, Frankenstein drives the point home that dead is dead and trying to mess with that only causes more pain for everyone involved.

22. Kristina says:

Awesome!

23. Britta Unfiltered says:

For the ladies…

24. Hurley says:

I want August to come back already!!!!!

• kirads09 says:

I am glad we will see more of the huntsman. But I agree about August. He is the first thing I thought. Correct me if I am wrong, but once magic returned, he got up out of that bed and disappeared didn’t he? Got the postcard to Emma’s man? I want August/Pinnochio back, too.

• streetsahead says:

I agree! I can’t believe they haven’t mentioned August since that final shot of him opening his eyes at Granny’s. There’s a wooden puppet man wandering around Storybrooke somewhere!

• Gail says:

The wooden puppet could be anywhere. He was not under the curse so presumably he wouldn’t lose his memory if he left Storybrooke. Which brings up another question. Were Rumple and Regina under the curse but retained their memories or were they not cursed. If not cursed why would Rumple be afraid of losing his memory if he left town

• Gail says:

Thinking about it my guess is that he is with Geppetto . He probably doesn’t want to be seen so Geppetto is hiding him.

25. Elyse says:

26. lauren says:

just fist pumped for this, yes!!!

27. streetsahead says:

This is perhaps unrelated to any of the major plot points of the show, but what happened to Graham’s wolf? It was one of the reasons why Emma stayed in town (appearing in the road during the pilot). Then she and Graham saw it again in “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.” Did it disappear once Graham died? Does it have some sort of link to the land that was?

• Gail says:

Its probably still around. It was on its own for the 28 years of the curse plus however long it was between the time the Huntsman’s heart was taken and the curse was cast. The huntsman wasn’t taking care of it like a pet. It was wild.

• Gail says:

How about this. Maybe the wolf somehow turns into Graham. Maybe his spirit or heart went into the wolf when Regina took his heart or maybe the Wolf and he switched bodies to save him.. That is one way to get him into the present without changing the death rule. Regina was sleeping with a Wolf all those years. That is very fairy tale.

28. Amanda says:

I hope he is back, I really do. I hope they find away to bring him back and make it believable!! To see the triangle between him, Hook and Emma with her dealing with Henry’s father – It would be so interesting to watch. Not to mention he is so nice to look at!! I will confess that I almost stopped watching when they killed him.

29. McAwesome Custard says:

If the Sheriff comes back, I better see Maleficent walking around soon enough!!!

• Templar says:

I’m pretty sure Maleficent will rise from the ashes. She’s below Storybrooke, so doesn’t have to find a portal.

30. Sam Haincat says:

Omg Graham – my fav character from season 1 and Hook my fav character from season 2 on screen at the same time- Oh Hot Damn!

31. Debra mobley says:

The huntsman most likely a flash back. I hope so if your going to bring somebody back it should be malcent the. The one regain keep imprison in the library basement. I would love to see her get revenge on her so called only friend. Any thing possible in stroy brook. Just stop making new character. And. Figure out what to do with the old ones. What happened to the mad hatter. Prince chramming step father. Regain flunky . Pinocchio. Hansel and Gretel. And Cinderella her prince. The mad hatter daughter they should be great firends for herby not keep getting involved with grown ups that have no clue. On what’s going. On until he tells. Them. And yes I do believe rumble is regain father. Rumble. Would not let anyone’s just kiss him not after he conferences his love for bell. Still it would be nice. To see how it all plays out. Until the knock down drag fight comes. To see who more powerful keep the peace. P.s. I did not mentioned hook because he not worth talking about. I’m sorry. But any time a pirate gets his butt kick by women and he is to be feared don’t need to be on the show he’s just wines and try to look good.

32. Seuss says:

Let’s face it: it’s all about chemistry, and August and Emma don’t have it. Graham and Emma did. Emma and Hook have it a little. I kind of hope Emma will get together with Rump’s son, Bay (but not if it’s Neal). I just hope whoever they put her with, the two sizzle on screen together. They had an opportunity with Graham but killed him off too soon. And now I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed. I just hope they can find someone for her that livens up the romance/adventure angle a bit. I mean this is all about fairy tales which is big on romance. We need some good romance besides the waning one of Snow and Charming. I don’t mind August coming back, but not to be paired with Emma. My two cents.

• Mariana says:

Completly Agree!!
      I felt lots of chemistry between Graham and Emma = none between August and Emma! Why they killed graham? I know many people that stopped seeing the show after his murder. Fairy tale? Maybe not

33. Jack says:

I think it’s possible, remember what destroying the scroll was supposed to do? Make it like storybrooke never happened so maybe since he died in storybrooke it will be like he never died.

34. Fun fun says:

Graham should live he is one if the best characters have something magical happen it is not that hard and he is the only one Emma ever actually kinda loved that wasn’t here family he deserves to live