Scoop: NBC's Dracula Casts Game of Thrones, Merlin Actors as Series Regulars

Katie McGrath Nonso Anozie DraculaMerlin alumna Katie McGrath and Game of ThronesNonso Anozie can now count Dracula among their credits.

The pair have been cast as series regulars in NBC’s 10-episode drama about the iconic vampire (portrayed by Jonathan Rhys Meyers), TVLine has learned.

McGrath will play Lucy Westenra, Aristocratic London’s sexy, social butterfly who has a penchant for gossip, flirting and all things glamorous. A best friend to Dracula’s muse, Mina Murray (Arrow’s Jessica De Gouw), Lucy gradually becomes entwined in a web of lies, lust and temptation that challenges the boundaries of their relationship.

Anozie, meanwhile, has been cast as R.M. Renfield, fiercely loyal confidante of Dracula’s alter ego, Alan Grayson. Renfield is the keeper of Dracula’s deepest and darkest secrets and the stabilizing force that allows his two personas to successfully coexist. In addition to playing Qarth merchant Xaro Xhoan Daxos on Thrones, Anozie co-starred in The Grey and will next appear in the new Jack Ryan pic.

The series, based on Bram Stoker’s novel of the same name, finds Dracula preparing to unleash hell on the Victorian society responsible for ruining his life. But he’s thrown when he falls for a woman who’s a dead ringer for his beloved, long-deceased wife.

NBC has yet to set a premiere date for Dracula.

1. Benn says:

I am so ridiculously happy to possibly have Katie McGrath back on my TV weekly. I want to see all of the Merlin actors again.

2. MS says:

Very excited about this series! I think JRM is perfectly cast.

(That pic doesn’t look like Katie McGrath.)

3. Gigi says:

lol, nevermind. it’s been fixed.

4. Luke says:

So I guess Xaro isn’t getting out of that vault anytime soon?

5. Annette says:

Thanks for telling me about this series,can’t wait for it to start ,will be setting the DVR for this one!!!!

6. John says:

I’m positively excited for this show! Now, if only we could hear more good news about Crossbones.

7. dude says:

Katie McGrath! YES! Excited for more of British Dianna Agron.

8. Eliza says:

I was in at Jonathan Rhys Meyers (The Tudors is a favorite of mine) but as a big Merlin fan, I’m happy to see Katie McGrath joining the cast.

Now if only Bradley James and Colin Morgan could get back on my TV asap. I miss them!

9. Amy says:

Oh, lordy. Why do re-writes of Dracula recently seem to imply Mina Murray-Harker was a reincarnation of Dracula’s wife? (Francis Ford Coppola. Really.) I like the original story-line where Dracula is just plain evil. Stop trying to humanize him. I don’t want a sympathetic Dracula. I get sympathetic vamps on Vampire Diaries and True Blood.

• Ashley says:

^THIS^ I love the Bram Stroker’s novel BECAUSE Dracula was evil. It gave Mina the chance to be brave and strong without it being all for her “forbidden love”.

• Chloe says:

CopLola wasn’t the first to make Mina Murray the reincarnation of Dracula’s wife. That was Richard Matheson in his screenplay for Dan Curtis’s production of Dracula from the 1970’s.

10. Deidre says:

YAY!!! Katie McGrath!!! I will most diffently be watching now!!!

11. tulip says:

YAY KATIE!!! WELL DONE GIRL!! It makes me unbelievably happy to see both her and the other’s breaking out of Merlin and into new shows. I’m so pleased for her!! :D

12. Rossella says:

I’m thrilled to see Katie McGrath in this cool new series. Very, very excited to watch this show :D

13. M says:

Love Katie McGrath!

14. Amanda says:

This also is a Tudor reunion. Katie started as a costume assistant on The Tudors then played one of Henry’s conquests.

15. I wonder if she’ll finally appear with her natural hair color or red? The Lucy Westenra in the Bram Stoker’s version had red hair! That would be nifty. Also, what kind of awesome clothing will she wear!!!!???? @.@ Yes Katie, come to me. I can’t wait for this, give it.

16. mia says:

Oh how fantastic! I love Katie McGrath!! She’s so talented. Will definitely be watching now. Looking forward to her and Myers on screen together

17. Joe says:

so happy Katie McGrath is gonna be on this show, i will definitely be watching now

18. Nina says:

Katie has been typecast a lot lately. But hey, anything for her to be on my screen! Yes, please!

19. CRYSTAL says:

OH MY! I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO WATCH IT, I LOVE KATIE AND NONSO.