Vampire Diaries Photopalooza: Stefan Makes a Sweet '80s Gesture! Plus, Nova Scotia or Bust!

Vampire Diaries‘ search for the cure is heading off the coast of Nova Scotia! We’ve got a batch of new photos from the next three episodes, which reveal that the journey won’t be without some major romantic complications, peril and bloodshed.

RELATED | Daniel Gillies Joins Vampire Diaries Spin-Off

But first up, when Rebekah misses yet another high school decade dance in this Thursday’s installment – the new Mayor puts the kibosh on the event – Stefan goes out of his way to throw her in ’80s fashion. Meanwhile, Kol may have a target on his back following Elena’s proposal that her brother kill him, but the Original’s not backing down and goes after someone close to the Gilberts.

Next up, on Feb. 7, it’s a road trip to Nova Scotia! The search for the cure takes the gang to an island off the coast of the Canadian province, and it’s not long before everybody’s at each other’s throats — literally in one of the sneak peeks below as Elena and Rebekah continue to bicker while Stefan tries to keep the peace.

But it’s a photo from the following episode, airing Feb. 14, that has us really curious. In it, Caroline and Tyler realize they need Klaus’ help to translate the code on the Hunter’s Sword. So why is the Original hybrid lying down with a startled Tyler overlooking him?! Also, Damon has one seriously ugly run-in with a hunter named Vaughn (guest star Charlie Bewley).

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (38)

• Is it about the the Treasure Pit on Oak Island? That has a very cool legend about it.

Comment by Beth – January 29, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If its Oak Island that the plot is based around that would cool. Never thought that a part of the Vampire Diares story would land in Nova Scotia!

Comment by Christina – January 30, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man the episodes of TVD are starting to remind me of Dawson’s Creek. Into the wild looks like Escape from Witch Island. Anyone?

Comment by Liz – January 29, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rebekah looks horrified in one of those pics. Of course, everything goes wrong for her. Ugh!

Comment by Fabian – January 29, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did they actually film in Nova Scotia?

Comment by Cher – January 29, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think so. It’s possible but it was probably easier for them to just film on some local island. It doesn’t look a ton like Nova Scotia.

Comment by dude – January 30, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • why so? have you ever been there?

Comment by dina ahmad – January 30, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I go there every year, all of my family is from Nova Scotia.

Comment by dude – January 31, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am from nova scotia…those pictures look like home to me!!

Comment by tara – February 7, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A shot of the island in the second eposide of this storyline looks very much like one of the Gosseberry Islands in Chester Basin.As well, shots of the actors on the shoreline with islands behind, also lookk like the Chester Basin islands. However, the shots of the actors exploring the island is not any of those islands in the same area. I think it’s a mix of location shots.

Comment by Faythe – February 20, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to give up on this show. It’s become so boring! But damn this cast is so pretty!

Comment by Sam – January 29, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stefan and Rebekah look great together! I wonder what they’ll find on the island, but it’s concerning that Elena seems to have the white oak stake though.

Comment by Jon – January 29, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody else feels that TVP seems like a hidden Party Planning Catalogue?

Comment by Aibileen – January 29, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STEBEKAAAHH!! i’m so over Stelena… she has been a bitch.

Comment by luli – January 29, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never shipped Elena/Stefan/Damon so I’m glad they’re finally changing things up! Stefan and Rebekah are going to be a lot of fun together :)

Comment by kavyn – January 29, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ditto!! a new couple for a change! :)

Comment by luli – January 29, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what does “shipped” mean?

Comment by Trista – January 30, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whenever there’s a fandom for a romantic pair on television or other media (manga, etc) that pair is usually ‘shipped’. Like people that love Damon and Elena together ship Delena.

It basically just means that you actively invest yourself on a television relationship.

Comment by kavyn – January 30, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, but I’m really ready for the Originals to go away. The show has been taken over by them and I’m ready for a new storyline.

Comment by Ruby – January 29, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to watch Katherine again

Comment by Lorena – January 29, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are right, this season is nothing without her

Comment by dina ahmad – January 30, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What have they done to Elena? She would never do this to Stefan. Guess I’ll just have to content myself with the books from now on, because I don’t even recognize the characters anymore.

Comment by Kat – January 29, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also over The Originals. Can’t wait until they all leave.

Comment by nikki – January 29, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikki from what I hear that is exactly what is going to happen. I have been hearing a lot of rumors and if they are true something is going to happen to make her flip the humanity switch. I won’t give it away though.

Comment by Cathy O. – January 30, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Starting to hope something will happen that will make Elena flip the humanity switch! See her go all out vampire, could be really fun and quite a change of pace….

Comment by Anon – January 30, 2013 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Photo #14 gave me a Lost flashback!!! Boone can’t escape that damn island!!

Comment by DeeKayTee – January 30, 2013 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Decade dance! I’ve been waiting since season one for them to do an 80s theme. Glad they did. Rebekah looks adorable. LOVE Stefan/Rebekah!

Comment by dude – January 30, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Shane offering Damon sunscreen? LOL

Comment by Erin – January 30, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am ready to get this week’s episode over and move on to the next three in Nova Scotia because I think that is where all the action is going to begin.

Comment by Cathy O. – January 30, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t ever remember having this many dances in HS!

Comment by C.C. – January 30, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • seriously … lol!

Comment by Trista – January 30, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon is forever getting torture by the newest bad guy. Poor guy. Also, Damon seems to be away from the stupidity that is Rebekah/Stefan/Elena. Thank god for small miracles. He is much better away from that annoying trio.

Comment by Hodan – January 30, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • booooh to you delena lover (delusion lover) just watch the show and stop fantasicing about ian, ian is not domon

Comment by adam – January 31, 2013 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Damon torture is reaching Wile E Coyote levels at this point. I feel like we are constantly being teased with the possibility of Damon dying which is of course ridiculous. I am much more concerned about Jeremy. How exactly is this kid supposed to survive the Original murder plan so he can reach Nova Scotia? This comic illustrates (hah) what I’m talking about: http://holthaleywalker.com/tvd-comics/2013/1/31/touch

Comment by elizabeth – January 31, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is too funny.

Comment by Cathy O. – January 31, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah blah blah… Did they actually film in Nova Scotia or not?

Comment by J – February 8, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like stebekah…but stelena is the best!!

Comment by Angela – March 24, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post