Exclusive

Revenge Exclusive: Meet Emily's Foster Brother!

Revenge Season 2 SpoilersAnother mystery man from Emily’s past is making his way to Revenge.

TVLine has learned exclusively that HawthoRNe alum Collins Pennie has landed a recurring role on the addictive ABC drama. He’ll play the vengeance seeker’s former foster brother, Eli, and will make his debut in an early spring installment.

RELATED | Revenge Boss Previews a ‘Powerful’ Tragedy and Amanda’s ‘Darker’ Path

In addition to the short-lived TNT series, Pennie’s credits include NCIS: Los Angeles and CSI: Miami, as well as big-screen turns in In Time, Fame and Prom Night.

Revenge resumes with new episodes Sunday, Feb. 10 at 9/8c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop

1. a says:

I don’t think this season is as bad as many, but one of its failings is all the new characters they introduce and quickly integrate them into the main characters’ lives. I don’t care about Aiden, Cara, Padma, Helen, Marco, etc… and I probably won’t care for this guy.

2. anil says:

No more new characters please.

3. Drew Herring says:

Great. Another character means another pointless plot. They need to trim down the cast and start focusing on the reason why they even have a fan base in the first place. The upcoming death better be a significant character, or I’m going to lose it! My patience for this show is running SUPER thin. Been a fan since the pilot but Mike Kelly has promised and promised. It’s time he starts delivering.

4. Maria says:

Holy crap! Why oh why????????????????

5. Nerdbot says:

Revenge definitely needs to go back to basics. I can’t stand the Stowaway plot and the Americon Iniciative crap is getting too much complicated for a show that was conceived as a soapy drama.

6. TMW says:

This strikes me as a jump the shark character.

7. iMember says:

All of these commentors need to come down. The one difference this new character has is that he’s connected to Emily. He’s not linked to Jack’s plot or anyone else. He’s linked to Emily…and he’s definitely a threat to her real identity.

8. N says:

I want more Nolan and Ems!

9. tts says:

So, was he Emily’s foster brother when she was Amanda? She didn’t become Emily until later, right? Or am I misremembering things? If so he could be a total wildcard, with the chance to blow the whole Amanda/Emily secret, depending on what his relationship is to Emily and his loyalty (or lack there of) to her.

10. Liam says:

This season has really been lackluster to say the least! The sub-plot with the Stowaway and the plot about The Initiative has been so thin, uninteresting and up to this point: pointless. Alias did it better. Nikita did it better. Kelly says it will all be tied together, but that won’t salvage the first part of the season.
    What was my last season #1 show isn’t even on my top 10 this year.

• Jake says:

It has gotten better these past two episodes but it definitely has been disappointing, nothing has matched any episode of the first season– hope the writers realize this

11. Shaun says:

Gah,how can this character even exist?!Maybe he’s Fauxmandas family.

12. Joe says:

Ergh, this is like when Ryan (the other half-sibling) appeared in Brothers and Sisters.

13. Nooooooo. How can Mike Kelley not understand that there are too many new, unnecessary characters? Nolan and Emily barely interact during the whole episode and they were the best thing in Revenge.

14. SAM says:

I used to like the idea of Jack and Emily ending up together at the end of the series but now I am so sick of the Stowaway storyline, I just want him to go into witness protection with Fauxmanda, the oh-so annoying Declan, and the baby. I don’t know why Aiden get so much hate as I actually like the character and think that he is far more interesting than Daniel but I agree that the Initiative plot is lame.

15. Paul Penna says:

The show would quickly stagnate without the introduction of new characters. And this character should be interesting because he presents and equal threat to both Amanda and Emily.

If he is a threat, of course. We have no idea yet what his relationship with Emily was like.

• Deme says:

I so agree. Because by the end of the first season all the main characters’, with the exception of Emily & Nolan, story had basically been told if you asked me. They literally did a redo with the fauxmance of Daniel & Emily and nothing changed. They worked too hard to make the stowaway scene relevant and it just wasn’t. Connie & Vic remarried and are going in circles. I could have done without the initiative but I absolutely have enjoyed new characters Aiden and Padma.

16. Alrisha says:

Revange had lost the x factor. This season is far away from the excited of the last one. Now we got the iniciative, the drug dealers, a lot of people coming in and out,… get back to one episode one enemy down. And please, the smart plots, not “confese a murder and I give you the exclusive”
    More Nolan and less Aiden.

17. Oh great. Just what the show needs: more new, irrelevant characters to waste the hour by bringing in an uninteresting story to make the characters who initially had something to do with the show have a purpose. No one cares about the Stowaway story, the Inititive Story, Padma, Marcos, Nolan. Even Aiden, Victoria and Emily is boring be now. It’s too messy. Revenge writers need to follow The Good Wife writers and cut that horrible, much hated storyline out and fast!

18. He’s not bad on the eyes. I wonder if his coming to town has to do with the boat sinking…if so he thinks his real foster sister Amanda died/or was at risk, so that will be messy for Emily. I, for one, do not think that having more people from Emanda’s past coming forward complicating things is out of nowhere. I would think quite the opposite- that with a highly publicized name (and no thanks to the Graysons for making Amanda part of the family picture publicly) that all sorts of people would be coming out of the woodwork that could undermine Emily’s secret. It makes a lot more sense than a shadowy “Initiative” being pulled practically out of thin air in S2. It’s just not enough for a conspiracy to end with the Graysons and their holdings, of course, there’s something even bigger and scarier that they’re at the mercy of. Sure.

• Jeremy says:

I agree- it’s very possible that the show is going to wrap up The Initiative plotline (have Nolan unleash a bugged Carrion to their network, uploading all their files to the CIA or something) and this foster brother story is one of the stories that will take over.

It will definitely have to do with Amanda’s death on the boat, which will also bring Kara back into the mix. Jack and Emily will be more shipable than they were in Season 1 because they’ll have a baby to raise together. Killing off Amanda, as sad as it is, is the perfect way for the writers to re-energize the show.

• Deme says:

Do you seriously think they’re about to settle Emily down to raise a baby?! The girl is about revenge not child-rearing.

19. Mona Hyde says:

Well it isn’t just Eli. Nolan’s mother is going to present herself as well. They have mangled this plot so much – wish they would take it back to season 1 revengies!

20. kavyn says:

Really? A foster brother? Who cares…

We already have Fauxmanda who can tell us everything we need to know about Emily’s past. The foster brother is so pointless…

21. Jeremy says:

Guys, it’s pretty obvious how he’ll be written in- how can you not see it?

Amanda will be the one who dies on the boat and her foster brother will come to her funeral, thinking she was the real Amanda. This will stir up flashbacks of juvie/foster homes for Emily.

22. N says:

I love FauxAmanda!

23. Kelly says:

I love this show keep it going until season 6 then end the show right. for now more Emily and Daniel.

24. Monique says:

I don’t think this new character is going to do anything for the show. If Emily had a foster brother, then how come in all the flashbacks of her childhood you never see him around. I think this new addition is going to be a huge mistake on the parts of the creator, writers, directors & producers of this show. This is not the direction the show is going in. Like the old saying “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it!”

25. molly brokington says:

Colins is an awesome actor. Im excited for what he brings to the show!!

26. christina bailey says:

OMG COLLINS PENNIE!!!!!!

27. jonah says:

Reminds me of wil smith.