Scoop: CBS' Under the Dome Summer Series Adds Actors from Glee, Nashville

Under the Dome casting newsCBS’ Under the Dome summer series continues to round out its cast, this time populating the entrapped town’s radio station.

RELATED | CBS Summer Schedule: Under the Dome Drama, a Bigger Brother and Unforgettable Season 2

Based on Stephen King’s 2009 novel, the 13-episode drama takes place in a New England community that inexplicably finds itself trapped beneath a massive, transparent barrier — a situation that soon turns to chaos.

New to the cast are Jolene Purdy (Gigantic, Glee) as Dodee, a brilliant, eccentric engineer at the local radio station who will draw on her unique skills in an effort to make contact with the world outside the dome. Nicholas Strong (aka Nashville‘s JT) meanwhile will play Phil, a popular radio DJ and indie rock fanatic who is described as “a charismatic figure with a dark secret.”

Previously cast for Dome were Life Unexpected‘s Britt Robertson (as waitress/nurse Angie), CSI: NY‘s Natalie Martinez (playing Deputy Sheriff Linda) and Supernatural‘s Colin Ford (as Joe, a lad whose parents are separated by their town’s… domeification).

1. ollie says:

wow they just keep f#king this up more and more.

• Tina Perez says:

The book was a-fkg-mazing. I hope I don’t end up in total agreement with Ollie. They have a major job trying to make this series hold a light to the book.

2. Stacie says:

I don’t really care too much about this but I was curious who the Glee actor was going on this show, and I looked and this Jolene Purdy was in 1 episode of Glee and I don’t even remember her. A little misleading, but it got my attention, so I guess that’s something.

3. Shaun says:

The Simpsons……

4. dieselguy says:

Wow. These are both really horrible casting choices. I was looking forward to this show because Under the Dome is one of my favorite Stephen King books, but so far this seems horrible. Way to go, CBS.

5. tigersmurfette says:

wow. so not the characters from the book…

6. hmmm… so no newspaper, its a radio station? Seems like they are striving to reach the younger crowd. I’m not sure I’m going to watch if it will ruin the book for me because I really loved the book.

7. Bob Betke says:

There is no brilliant,eccentric engineer at the radio station? There is no popular dj at the radio station? Dodee gets killed almost at the beginning. What are they doing to this great book? Are they even doing the book? Why do they always screw UP Stephen KIng books when they make them into tv movies? UGH. I’m not even going to watch it if they are going to turn it into something totally different, I mean why even bother.

8. lennygore says:

Reblogged this on Chicago Gore and commented:
    Whoa, for anybody who has read numerous Stephen King novels… stumbling on this news caused my jaw to literally drop. Under the Dome was one of the most enjoyable King novels I’ve read and now that I hear CBS is turning it into a series this summer has got me super excited! I may actually give CBS another chance after they unjustly cancelled Jericho after only 1 season…

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

I’m actually reading it now (to prepare for the series), and the characters and locales seem much different from the book.

Dodee isn’t an engineer… and she isn’t brilliant. In the book, I mean. X)

Oh well, I’m still going to finish the book, and I’m still going to watch the show! :)

9. Margie says:

wow can’t u venture to another talent pool? why kids who we have seen already. so many more great actors who would also be a good fit….why is it the same sh*&t different day all the time