Game of Thrones First Look: Starks, Lannisters, a Greenseer, a Red Priestess and Many More

As Game of Thrones likes to remind us, winter is coming – and now a new batch of Season 3 photos gives us a glimpse of what the approaching storm is going to look like.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Game of Thrones‘ First Real New Promo, ABC’s Celebrity Divers Revealed and More!

The next installment of the HBO drama begins on March 31, but all you direwolves out there can pounce on these advance photos in the meantime. You’ll see several familiar faces — including Peter Dinklage‘s Tyrion, Lena Headley‘s Cersei,  Emilia Clarke’s Daenerys, Carice van Houten’s Red Priestess Melisandre and Maisie Williams’ Arya – as well as new players like Diana Rigg (The Avengers) as the shrewd Olenna Tyrell, Thomas Brodie Sangster (Love Actually) as the greensight-blessed Jojen Reed and Ciaran Hinds (Rome) as “King Beyond the Wall” Mance Rayder.

Click through the gallery below (and re-watch the video at the bottom of the post to help you keep everyone straight) and then hit the comments: What are you most looking forward to about Game of Thrones‘ return?

Comments (9)

• Seeing Dianna Rigg as Olenna Tyrell suddenly makes me feel like watching SciFi’s Dune. She looks like a Bene Gesserit

Comment by Alice – January 25, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ygritte looks so beautiful in that picture, I can’t wait for North of the Wall this season, particularly for a certain cave scene. ;-) Beric Dondarrion doesn’t look as corpsy as I thought he would. Catelyn looks so sad.

Comment by anon – January 25, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No spoilers!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 25, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was so excited to see tvline was finally showing pics as a slideshow…and then it stopped working after the third pic…oh well at least we’re making some sort of progress

Comment by Nick – January 25, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s my favorite Misfits hottie: Iwan Rheon – I’m pretty sure he got cast as Ramsay Snow ?! Need pics stat :)

Comment by Rachael T – January 25, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The world is not ready for Ramsey Snow. Trust me.

Comment by Michelle – January 25, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has potential to be one of my favorites, but they have such an incredibly huge cast of characters that it makes it quite difficult for me to follow most of the time. It frustrates my friend who reads the books and wants to talk about the show with me because I never remember or understand half of what he’s talking about that happened in the episodes, lol. Game of Thrones makes me feel like a ditz. I probably need to go back and rewatch the previous seasons so that I’ll understand it more.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 25, 2013 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should read the books.

Comment by Olive – January 27, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post