Brooke Shields Joins Army Wives Season 7

Get More: Casting News

Army Wives Season 7 SpoilersBrooke Shields has joined Army Wives‘ ever-evolving seventh season.

The actress will recur on the Lifetime drama as Katherine “Kat” Young, a brainy, brash Air Force Colonel, Deadline reports.

Shields’ character is described as a woman who can hold her own in the boys club that is the military. She’ll initially butt heads with Brian McNamara’s Army General Michael Holden.

RELATED | Exclusive: Army Wives‘ Sally Pressman Snags Female Lead in NBC Pilot Joe, Joe and Jane

Shields’ addition comes amid a myriad of other Wives changes, including three new series regulars (Torrey DeVitto, Ashanti and newcomer Elle McLemore), Kim Delaney’s season-opening departure and Sally Pressman’s limited participation.

Army Wives Season 7 premieres Sunday, March 10 at 9/8c.

Comments (26)

• So the show will now be canceled in record time. How is she still a viable actress?

Comment by Just Jules – January 24, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s been acting since she was a child, on stage and screen. How does that not make her a viable actress?

Comment by TV Gord – January 25, 2013 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cause everything she is in tanks?

Comment by Just Jules – January 25, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been a huge fan since the show started. But with all these changes and new faces I am done watching…I agree it will be cancelled in no time.

Comment by Diane – March 16, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the TV Show of Army Wives I am a U.S soldier

Comment by Juan – January 25, 2013 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she joining as a drag queen cuz that’s what she looks like.

Comment by Heathers – January 25, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. That picture is particularly unflattering. She looks like she just ate an orphanage and is hungry for more.

Comment by Dana K Barber – February 27, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont think this show can survive without Kim and Sally. Ufff

Comment by Lipstick Socialism – January 25, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree bring back Roxy and Claudia Joy!!!

Comment by Al Willis – February 18, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto bring back claudia joy an roxy too..not that the others didn’t make the show but the whole cast did…TOGETHER!!!! They all were a team…bring back……missed already…..♥

Comment by Patshires – March 10, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Luv army wives have watched it since it started you need original people on the show when Pam left part of the show fell apart for me love this show please get the actors back do not be so tight and not pay them well Thankyou

Comment by P Hopfinger – February 24, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I, too, love Army Wives. I’m happy that they are finishing the series with a finale instead of just dropping it (like Brothers & Sisters) but truth be told, the last season (Season 6) was terrible. Too bad the characters didn’t stay for one more season but that’s life. But…why in the world are they introducing new characters for the final season???

Comment by Terry – March 4, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, too many changes and it is a different show.

Comment by Jeri – March 8, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, you are not nice

Comment by glori – February 1, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like all the changes. Have been watching since inception. Please don’t cancel this series

Comment by Linda – February 6, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope this show can work with all the changes. The original cast are the ones who have already become a part of our lives and taking away too many of them is like taking away true family members. People coming and going in and out of your life is the Army Way though. And just like in real life…you never anticipate the day would come so soon.

Comment by k.burnette – February 11, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the real Army, people often leave via PCS (Permanent Change of Station). By switching out the cast the show attempts to hold true to the way the real Army is. You get attached to people, but sooner or later, either they leave, or you will. I am not particularly excited about the casting choices here – Ashanti- really? I have seen her act and it is kind of painful to watch. I will check out the new season though and try to give it a chance. I didn’t like Jackie Clarke’s character at first but grew to like her in time.

Comment by N.A. Melton – February 11, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess I’ll view with an open mind…..

Comment by Diane – February 12, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Kim and Sally. They both brought things to their group of friends that will be greatly missed. Kim brought her knowledge of legal expertise,and her stability to stand beside her friends when they needed her. Sally brought her character to life, she gave
    single moms hope in hopeless situations. She gave encouragement to her friends, she never gave up when up when she believed in something or someone. Both of these characters will be missed, because the two of them along with the rest of their friends taught me what true friendship really should be.when you become an army family.

Comment by Robyn – February 17, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was canceled last year

Comment by What – February 17, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show… Its sort of sad but it brings a little comfort to me as a marine wife. haha. Anyways, I hated when Pamela left and if Roxy is gone or is a limited character that will make me sad as well. I agree with the above post about how these characters have sort of become part of our lives. As a regular viewer I can identify with several of the characters. If that connection is lost than the show will tank.

Comment by alex – February 19, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not like gloria but she grew on me.I will have an open mind.glad the show is back.

Comment by tabby haga – February 25, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad it is back! Maybe some of the actors had other commitments by the time this was renewed. Who knows. It’s just a great show and I’m looking forward to seeing it again

Comment by Bren – February 28, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone please relax. Sadly Kim Delaney has a problem with addiction. I wish her the best .
    When someone cannot meet their obligations it effects others they work with. Part of recovery is to face your demons and not ask others to suffer the effects of your problem. She has all of my support and good will.
    The others in the show that left asked to be released. As I understand it, they will be there for Claudia Joy”s funeral.
    People come and go in all of our lives. The only thing that is a constant in life is change.
    I will continue to watch Army Wives as it is a teriffic show.

Comment by Apple Annie – March 7, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t believe when they crashed that plane with half the cast on it in the last episode. To destroy all those lives like that & make it a cliffhanger. Really sucks. No other way to describe it.

Drew must survive & get his transfer, that explains Sallys’ “limited participation.”

Not a good omen for getting invested in any Lifetime shows if they may kill the majority of original characters at any time. Guess it saves them money.

Comment by Jeri – March 8, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was skeptical (ok extremely skeptical), but they have done a great job with Claudia Joy’s death. If you missed the two episodes, go find them. It was a real look back at the history of the show. I will be sticking around to see how things play out. I wish Roxy’s characted hadn’t moved, but that is part of army life as well. I hope they don’t invent unrealistic excuses to bring her back. With four kids, I don’t see her going cross country a lot. Trevor could still get another rotational assignment which brings him back.

Comment by MAS – March 18, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post