Brooke Shields Joins Army Wives Season 7

Army Wives Season 7 SpoilersBrooke Shields has joined Army Wives‘ ever-evolving seventh season.

The actress will recur on the Lifetime drama as Katherine “Kat” Young, a brainy, brash Air Force Colonel, Deadline reports.

Shields’ character is described as a woman who can hold her own in the boys club that is the military. She’ll initially butt heads with Brian McNamara’s Army General Michael Holden.

RELATED | Exclusive: Army Wives‘ Sally Pressman Snags Female Lead in NBC Pilot Joe, Joe and Jane

Shields’ addition comes amid a myriad of other Wives changes, including three new series regulars (Torrey DeVitto, Ashanti and newcomer Elle McLemore), Kim Delaney’s season-opening departure and Sally Pressman’s limited participation.

Army Wives Season 7 premieres Sunday, March 10 at 9/8c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. Just Jules says:

So the show will now be canceled in record time. How is she still a viable actress?

2. Juan says:

I love the TV Show of Army Wives I am a U.S soldier

3. Heathers says:

Is she joining as a drag queen cuz that’s what she looks like.

4. Lipstick Socialism says:

i dont think this show can survive without Kim and Sally. Ufff

• Al Willis says:

I agree bring back Roxy and Claudia Joy!!!

• Patshires says:

Ditto bring back claudia joy an roxy too..not that the others didn’t make the show but the whole cast did…TOGETHER!!!! They all were a team…bring back……missed already…..♥

• P Hopfinger says:

Luv army wives have watched it since it started you need original people on the show when Pam left part of the show fell apart for me love this show please get the actors back do not be so tight and not pay them well Thankyou

• Terry says:

I, too, love Army Wives. I’m happy that they are finishing the series with a finale instead of just dropping it (like Brothers & Sisters) but truth be told, the last season (Season 6) was terrible. Too bad the characters didn’t stay for one more season but that’s life. But…why in the world are they introducing new characters for the final season???

5. glori says:

wow, you are not nice

6. Linda says:

I don’t like all the changes. Have been watching since inception. Please don’t cancel this series

7. k.burnette says:

I really hope this show can work with all the changes. The original cast are the ones who have already become a part of our lives and taking away too many of them is like taking away true family members. People coming and going in and out of your life is the Army Way though. And just like in real life…you never anticipate the day would come so soon.

8. N.A. Melton says:

In the real Army, people often leave via PCS (Permanent Change of Station). By switching out the cast the show attempts to hold true to the way the real Army is. You get attached to people, but sooner or later, either they leave, or you will. I am not particularly excited about the casting choices here – Ashanti- really? I have seen her act and it is kind of painful to watch. I will check out the new season though and try to give it a chance. I didn’t like Jackie Clarke’s character at first but grew to like her in time.

9. Diane says:

Guess I’ll view with an open mind…..

10. Robyn says:

I will miss Kim and Sally. They both brought things to their group of friends that will be greatly missed. Kim brought her knowledge of legal expertise,and her stability to stand beside her friends when they needed her. Sally brought her character to life, she gave
    single moms hope in hopeless situations. She gave encouragement to her friends, she never gave up when up when she believed in something or someone. Both of these characters will be missed, because the two of them along with the rest of their friends taught me what true friendship really should be.when you become an army family.

11. What says:

I thought it was canceled last year

12. alex says:

I love this show… Its sort of sad but it brings a little comfort to me as a marine wife. haha. Anyways, I hated when Pamela left and if Roxy is gone or is a limited character that will make me sad as well. I agree with the above post about how these characters have sort of become part of our lives. As a regular viewer I can identify with several of the characters. If that connection is lost than the show will tank.

13. tabby haga says:

I did not like gloria but she grew on me.I will have an open mind.glad the show is back.

14. Bren says:

I’m just glad it is back! Maybe some of the actors had other commitments by the time this was renewed. Who knows. It’s just a great show and I’m looking forward to seeing it again

15. Apple Annie says:

Everyone please relax. Sadly Kim Delaney has a problem with addiction. I wish her the best .
    When someone cannot meet their obligations it effects others they work with. Part of recovery is to face your demons and not ask others to suffer the effects of your problem. She has all of my support and good will.
    The others in the show that left asked to be released. As I understand it, they will be there for Claudia Joy”s funeral.
    People come and go in all of our lives. The only thing that is a constant in life is change.
    I will continue to watch Army Wives as it is a teriffic show.

16. Jeri says:

I couldn’t believe when they crashed that plane with half the cast on it in the last episode. To destroy all those lives like that & make it a cliffhanger. Really sucks. No other way to describe it.

Drew must survive & get his transfer, that explains Sallys’ “limited participation.”

Not a good omen for getting invested in any Lifetime shows if they may kill the majority of original characters at any time. Guess it saves them money.

17. MAS says:

I was skeptical (ok extremely skeptical), but they have done a great job with Claudia Joy’s death. If you missed the two episodes, go find them. It was a real look back at the history of the show. I will be sticking around to see how things play out. I wish Roxy’s characted hadn’t moved, but that is part of army life as well. I hope they don’t invent unrealistic excuses to bring her back. With four kids, I don’t see her going cross country a lot. Trevor could still get another rotational assignment which brings him back.