TVLine Items: Arrow Targets ER Vet, Lifetime Sets Army Wives Premiere Date and More!

Arrow Season 1 SpoilersArrow has given Alex Kingston one mother of a role.

The ER alumna has booked a recurring guest-star role on The CW’s freshman hit, EW.com reports, playing Dinah Lance, the mom of Katie Cassidy’s Laurel.

RELATED | Arrow Hot Shots: Seth Gabel Is ‘Large in Evil’ as ‘Vertigo’s Drug-Dealing Count

Dinah — who comic book aficionados know well as Black Canary — will head back to Starling City to make amends with the family she abandoned after the death of her other daughter.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Army Wives‘ seventh season is slated to bow Sunday, March 10 at 9/8c on Lifetime.

RELATED | Army Wives Exclusive: Major Character Getting Killed Off Amid Season 7 Shake-Up

Aisha Tyler will guest-star in an upcoming episode of Hawaii Five-0, the New York Post reports. Details surrounding The Talk co-host’s role are being kept under wraps.

Hip-hop star 2 Chainz is headed for 2 Broke Girls. Per EW.com, the titular gals will encounter the rapper while taking a rare flight on a private plane.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (36)

• Alex kingston should be full-time on Doctor Who ! I miss my River Song !

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – January 23, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just getting ready to make the same comment. I’m not sure she should be on Who full time but she definately needs to make some appearances!

Comment by Amy – January 23, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nah the river stuff is basically all played out at this stage, all they really have left for her is to send her off to the library, something im expecting to be either near the end of this season or early next season

Comment by Alan – January 23, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In one of the DVD extras (the “Night” series) they end with her going to the Singing Towers of Derillium with the Doctor (aka the last time she saw him before the library).

Comment by madhatter360 – January 23, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch Alex Kingston even if she was on Honey Boo Boo! What an amazing actress and beautiful woman!

Comment by martina – January 23, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s get a River Song and Captain Jack scene, Arrow!!!

Comment by Amanda – January 23, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this!

Comment by KCC – January 23, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You just know there’s going to be so much chemistry between them.

Comment by KD – January 23, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAWT!!!

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – January 23, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would totally love it if it happend. Better yet, Doctor Who should get a Captain Jack/River Song scene going.

Comment by Sara – January 23, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Captain Jack Harkness will finally meet River Song!!! Sort of.

I love the cast of Arrow! Captain Jack Harkness + River Song + Julian Sark + Crixus + Kaitlin Cooper + Juliet Sharp/Ruby +Almost-Spartacus = Arrow!!!

Comment by Ritch – January 23, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • + Agent Lee

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 23, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait, wait, wait…..Crixus is on this show?!? Why has no one said this before. I must tune in now!

Comment by Amy – January 23, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The guy playing Crixus will be playing Deathstroke later in the season. He hasn’t started on Arrow yet.

Comment by Evan – January 24, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great cast! I’d love to see Jacqueline McInnes Wood return as well. Any chance she survived the sinking after all? Is there an alter ego in the comic universe for her?

Comment by Bella – January 23, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • not as far as i know but they havent had problems changing things already. im convinced she isnt dead, would be far too easy. she’ll show up just when it will do the most damage

Comment by Alan – January 23, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • River Song is invading Arrow?! WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE ME?

Comment by Michelle – January 23, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both mother and daughter are Black Canary. The mother is the BC of the Golden Age (the era of the Justice Society) and the daughter is the Black Canary of the modern age (the era of the Justice League).

This is not the first time both have appeared on screen. Remember Birds of Prey?

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 23, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant wait for her to be on Arrow! Plus she will be in some of the second half of DW :-) Dont fret fellow whovians. And michelle the universe doesnt hate you. Its just being awesome. :-)

Comment by A. – January 23, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great choice, loved her on Doc Who but my only doubt is with the amount of casting that these people are doing in addition to the actual cast, will she be given any arc that will suit her caliber. I mean a great actress like her cant be cast as a single episode character and then make her say “Ok guys I am outta here for now. Will be back soon.” Also on a side note, since I am new to this tv show bussiness, just a doubt. Is there any rule that the normal tv networks like CW or ABC or CBS cant air shows that exceed 45min length. Cos I have seen even the pilots are aired as two parters if they are long but never does an episode exceed 45min length when compared to shows on HBO or AMC. If it is possible then I thnk Arrow would greatly benefit even its a 50min episode cos inspite of the writers keeping it a tight writing that makes sense, all the episodes seems kinda rushed which reduces the greatness and the entertainment of that ep.

Comment by Sri – January 23, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah its to do with advertising (isnt it always), the network needs about 15-18 minutes of advertising time in each hour so they can milk it for as much money as possible

Comment by Alan – January 23, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So is it not possible say for the show to start early especially in the case of Arrow (even a 10 min early start would do but just make the runtime as 50min. That would leave for atleast a 20min advertising gap.) Win-Win. cos I think for the ratings system they only start taking shows into account which are starting from 8.

Comment by Sri – January 23, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it would never start early, the producers of other shows would be unhappy about that and would cause trouble for the cw

Comment by Alan – January 23, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • figured we would be seeing dinah sr. sooner rather than later since its clear that jr. has some issues with her mother leaving. i wonder if sr. happened to have a career as a vigilante which her husband didnt agree with leading to her walking out and him gunning for any that show up since

Comment by Alan – January 23, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess she will come in the second or third last episode as Black Canary but will die in the finale due to the detective making Laurel jr becoming the new Black Canary just to spite her dad.

Comment by Sri – January 23, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • my theory about her development has always been that we wont see her in costume until sometime in late season 2, trying to avenge the murder of her father. its too soon for canary in my opinion because this is oliver’s show first and foremost and time must be spent on developing him first before anyone else starts running around trying to out badass him

Comment by Alan – January 23, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I’ve never cared for Dr Who, but mega-excited that Dr Corday’s coming to Starling City! Even better that she’s playing the ex-wife of her love interest from ER. Would be even better if they could be revealed to be deep-cover British spies, but I doubt that’s where this is going!

Comment by Dizzle – January 23, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ummm, your sentence makes absolutely no sense at all. I think the processing began to break down after “Personally I’ve never cared for Dr Who”…. X)

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – January 23, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, I’m in the absolute minority on that one! And yet I loved Torchwood; I’m an odd soul.

Comment by Dizzle – January 23, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alright, Arrow. Now you have my attention. If Ms. Kingston’s on board, I’m on board.

Comment by scifisiren – January 23, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I quite like Alex Kingston, so this makes me happy. However, I’m also annoyed, because it’s another actor who’s going to blow the miscast Katie Cassidy off the screen.

Comment by shamangrrl – January 23, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I think Cassidy is fantastic on Arrow (she’s been fantastic in everything I’ve seen her in). I think you’ll like her better as her role expands.

Comment by Temperence – January 23, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • didn’t even have to click to know who she would play, she looks a lot like Katie Cassidy in that pic

Comment by J – January 23, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a
    lot about this, like you wrote the book in
    it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that,
    this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

Comment by Non Owner Car Insurance – April 1, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi! I’ve been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good job!

Comment by Walkins – April 8, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post