Amazing Race Cast Includes Twin Doctors, John Wayne's Kin, an NHL Vet and Cancer Survivors

CBS has unveiled the cast for the 22nd running of The Amazing Race.

The Racers’ ages range from 21 to 58, and among them are identical twin doctors, teamed-up descendants of Daniel Boone and John Wayne, roller derby moms, father/son cancer survivors and a pair of BFFs (Best Friend Firefighters).

RELATED | CBS Summer Schedule: Stephen King’s Under the Dome Drama, a Bigger Brother and Unforgettable Season 2

Take a look at all 11 teams and get ready for the next Race, kicking off Sunday, Feb. 17.

Comments (14)

• Joey and Meghan!!

Comment by Niki – January 23, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Grandaughter of John Wayne and Descandent of Daniel Boone are cute! Hope they are Likeable and race well!

Comment by Josh – January 23, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This might sound stupid but none of these teams look interesting(the YouTube personalities just look annoying)…I’m really disappointed so far in these teams…I real hope I’m wrong (especially since last season had such a great team of racers)

Comment by Billy – January 23, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Jaymes & Mark-Bopper

Comment by Sara – January 23, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This will sound completely childish when I say ” you’re annoying”.

How can people look annoying…? I dont understand

Comment by Sasha – January 23, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I clicked on the links to their YouTube channels and watched a couple videos of theirs….that’s how I came to that conclusion…not just by their looks

Comment by Billy – January 23, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve looked at a few too and they dont seem annoying to me but I guess people opinions differ.

Comment by Sandy – January 23, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max you’re girlfriend, woof.

Comment by gmail – January 23, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have felt that Amazing Race has started to become a lot like Survivor in that they are now using casting companies instead of the video submissions of real people that they used to use when it all first started. When both shows first started, the people looked like the average Joe’s and Jane’s. Today other than Mathew and Daniel, chuck and Wynonia…All the teams seem like they were chosen for looks. Sure their interesting back stories make them all the more interesting, but you have three teams that are from the LA area alone. One team of professional NHL players and a team from Nashville that are members conveniently of a country music band. (Keep in mind that Nashville the show is on right now and is starting to have a following, and how many times will they bring up on the show that they are A. related to John Wayne and Daniel Boone and B. in a band in Nashville?

Comment by Sarah – January 23, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joey and Meghan!!

Team youtube!!!

WOO

Comment by Sasha – January 23, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good luck for all cast this season of Amazing Race,also I’m rooting for Father&Son,Hockey Brothers,another Doctor Twinnies,Country Singers,Newlyweds,Team Alabama or I want to say all the teams I want be rooting for,let’s see about this.

Comment by Alice (@BritinTaylor) – January 23, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Strawburry17!?!?!?!????!!11!!?!?!!?!!??//?!/!??!?!!!?!!!11
    Team YouTube!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – January 23, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always end up liking father/child teams. Not really know why. Except for the one with the overachiever Asian daughter a couple seasons ago. Cristina? She was ANNOYING.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – January 24, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO JAMIL AND IDRIES!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ather Masood – February 14, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post