NBC on Tuesday doled out pilot orders to seven prospective series, including a comedy starring Will & Grace fave Sean Hayes and a sitcom from Office scribe Justin Spitzer.
The network’s vehicle for Hayes, from Better Off Ted creator Victor Fresco, is a multi-camera project centering on a man attempting to both parent the teenage daughter who just moved in and appease a temperamental new boss. Hot In Cleveland‘s Todd Milliner will also produce.
Spitzer’s Holding Patterns, meanwhile, is a multi-cam ensemble about a group of friends whose lives are altered after surviving a plane crash. Rachel Kaplan (Do No Harm) and Peter Traugott (Samantha Who?) are also attached as EPs.
Other projects receiving pilot orders:
• Penned by newcomer Ryan Condal and exec-produced by Lost’s Carlton Cuse, Eric Gitter (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) and Andy Borne, The Sixth Gun is supernatural western examining six mythical guns that each have their own otherworldly powers. It’s based on the graphic novel of the same name.
• DJ Nash (Bent) and Jason Bateman’s untitled single-camera sitcom centers on a son who idolizes his blind father and enjoys his mom’s newfound adolescence after his folks divorce and ultimately grow closer. Jim Garavente (Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium) will also exec-produce.
• Penned by Jon Bokenkamp (Perfect Stranger) and exec-produced by John Eisendrath (Alias), John Fox and John Davis, The Blacklist is a drama that follows the world’s most wanted criminal who suddenly turns himself in and offers to give up anyone he’s ever worked with. The catch: He’ll only work with a new FBI agent, one with whom he has no known connection.
• Girlfriend in a Coma, based on a Douglas Coupland novel, is a single-cam comedy centering on a 34-year-old woman who wakes from a coma only to discover she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she never knew about. Dick Wolf (Law & Order), Peter Jankowski (Law & Order), Danielle Gelber (Chicago Fire) will exec-produce, with Liz Brixius (Nurse Jackie) producing and penning the project.
• The Untitled Rand Ravich Project is a drama examining what happens when an unlikely puppeteer pulls Washington’s elite — including the President of the United States — into an international conspiracy. Life‘s Ravich and Far Shariat will exec-produce.