Exclusive: Army Wives' Sally Pressman Snags Female Lead in NBC Pilot Joe, Joe and Jane

Get More: Exclusive, Pilots

pressmanSally Pressman has landed the titular female lead in the NBC comedy pilot Joe, Joe and Jane, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The multi-came project, written by Joe Port and Joe Weissman (The Office, Just Shoot Me), focuses on an author caught in an ongoing war between two needy, flawed people — his wife (played by Pressman) and his co-author/BFF.

Pressman’s character, Jane, is described as a tough, successful business woman with a “soft mushy center.”

As TVLine reported in December, Pressman is set to reprise her role as Roxy during Army Wives‘ upcoming seventh season — but only on a part-time basis.

Comments (10)

• Looks like Roxy and Trevor are never coming back from Washington.

Comment by GeoDiva – January 22, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t this called “partners” last fall? I love Sally Pressman but I don’t see this going anywhere. :(

Comment by Knesset – January 22, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking the exact same thing!

Comment by Sheri – January 26, 2013 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seems like I will cut the cord this season with Army Wives, once Roxy is gone for good, I will too.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – January 22, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sally Pressman!! I hope this does well for her, but I will miss my “Roxy” on Army Wives!! It won’t be the same without her!

Comment by Linda – January 23, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Claudia Joy and now Roxy =( goodbye Army Wives

Comment by jennifer – January 23, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will not be watching Army Wives any longer……Good luck to the show and the new cast and story lines.

Comment by Anne – January 25, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to seeing the new comedy with Sally!! Hope it is a huge success. Sounds very interesting and we need more comedy in our lives.

Comment by Helen – February 12, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All these years i waited for Sundays for Army Wives..Now that Roxy, CJ, Rowland are leaving i am to…. i just cant believe it, i loved this show… good luck Denise i love u too just not going to be the same

Comment by carol layne – March 18, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent site you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!|

Comment by dedicated hosting – August 6, 2013 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post