Exclusive

True Blood Scoop: Friday Night Lights, 90210 Alums Join HBO Hit's Season 6 Cast

True Blood Season 6 Cast Jurnee Smollett and Amelia Rose BlaireFriday Night Lights grad Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Bon Temps-bound.

The actress is joining True Blood‘s upcoming sixth season as a series regular. Additionally, 90210‘s Amelia Rose Blaire has landed a recurring stint on the HBO hit.

RELATED | True Blood Exclusive: Meet Sookie’s (Smokin’ Hot) New Love Interest

Smollett-Bell, who will next been seen in NBC’s midseason thriller Do No Harm, will play Nicole, a do-gooder who possesses the rosy outlook of someone that life hasn’t beaten down yet. She’s not concerned with money and more concerned with the doing what’s right.

Blaire, meanwhile, will portray Willa, the daughter of Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell (played by Arliss Howard). She has long clashed with her father over vampire rights.

True Blood‘s sixth season is slated to premiere in June.

1. ANOTHER series regular? I think this show is going for a biggest main cast award.

2. Superhero says:

That’s a shame; anybody who was on Friday Night Lights deserves better than to be on this garbage.

• Greg says:

This is not the reply you were trolling for.

• Superhero says:

Is expressing an opinion really considered trolling these days?

• Russ says:

Um… its debatable. Calling the show garbage is the tipping point. You could have stated I love [said actress] on FNL but am not a fan of True Blood, you probs wouldn’t have gotten a trolling comment. Maybe next time you want to express your opinion try not to do it harshly.

• Greg says:

Yep, basically what Russ said.

Of course posting an opinion isn’t trolling in and of itself; even controversial opinions can be stated civilly. But posting an opinion in an intentionally inflammatory way, in a place where those who find it irritating are almost certain to see it? Yes, that’s trolling. Or something so close to it as to make no difference.

Either keep a civil tongue in your head, or accept that your extreme lack of manners will often be interpreted as trolling.

3. CharlieS says:

more characters and storylines we don’t need!

last season wasn’t thay great,that’s coming from a big truebie

p.s we need Quinn… :-)

• Em says:

I feel like they are just going to merge Quinn and Alcide. I think the same think is happening to Amelia, who is one of my favorites in the books. Tara is becoming her with being a witch, Sookie’s BFF, and Pam’s love interest. It’s probably easier for the writers to take the characters that they already have and flush them out. Quinn and Alcide had a lot of similarities to begin with anyway.

4. Joe says:

She’ll always be Denise to me!

5. Lilly says:

Is June here yet? I’m starting to really miss a certain Viking Vampire

6. Jill says:

Jurnee doesn’t really have any range. I’ll be shocked if this character will be any different then Jess in FNL.

7. S says:

I still love TB but can’t they just use the cast they already have? The cast is already too big as it is. Also, I really hope Sookie is in scenes with Eric and even Beel for that matter in every episode this year because that was one of the things that were lacking in S5 for me. Its just not the same show without Sookie and her vamps together.

8. secret says:

true blood neads me jejejejeje

9. Mary Murray says:

please hurry back to channel tg4 because i’m anxious and bored.

10. DrNels says:

I’m so glad the child stars–female at least–of Eve’s Bayou are still working.

11. Erin says:

Sooooo.where is quinn?wish they would half way stick to the books:(

12. anil says:

they need to NOT bring anyone new every single year. Its getting pointless and very filler.

13. Chris Angelo says:

AWESOME!! More unneeded new characters! Season 5 was a total flop! Made the show go down-hill and lose popularity along with a large fanbase.
    Best Seasons were the 3 first ones, with the 2nd season being the top. That’s when the ratings were high. I no longer reconize the show, and can no longer appreciate it.
    R.I.P True Blood…

14. Lida says:

I agree, to much bromance, and not enough romance…in season 5. sookie needs to be with either eric or bill. still watch season one, which is the best by far, to catch up on some real true blood.

15. nishy says:

I heard that she is going to be a fairy in this season!!!

16. True Blood has gotten ridiculous. Seriously, too many characters with too many plotlines.

17. angie says:

sounds like sookies a tramp now will go with anybody???

18. PC says:

not sure how i feel about TB now that alan ball left

19. Patrick says:

I think it’s interesting that no one complains that there are so many characters and plotlines in Game of Thrones, but they act as though True Blood has countless regulars and storylines…granted True Blood’s storylines aren’t as excellently written as GOT’s…